Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,186 reviews matching the search
Productivity in the work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 3, 2017
With my 11 year experience, I have learned and benefited from Wegmans food market. I have done a management internship with the company, for 3years while I was in college. Wegmans has provided me with the training in several different areas of the store to further my knowledge based service within the food market. The training I have received via Wegmans have sharpened my customer service, knowledge based service and resilience to get the job done at any cost. The thing I love most about my job at Wegmans is that we are truly a family. The teachings and preparation that they give to there employees is incredible. It has prepared me for many different situations and jobs outside the company.
Pros
Fun work enviroment, essential work fundamentals and knowing how to work with others to get the job done.
Cons
Not being able to say no.
Bulk Food Stock boy
Customer service/grocery stocker (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 1, 2017
Everyday i would stock shelves and refill the candy machines along with keeping my department clean and presentable. I liked who i worked with but i could not handle all the drama and low pay and low hours.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Drama
An active environment that promotes employee synergy, despite it's highly demanding clientele.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJDecember 27, 2016
Most days at Wegmans contains it's quiet lows, and frantic highs, depending on both the season and time of day. Employees move coactively and place own goals simultaneously with corporate standards. Management is proactive in seeking friendly relationships and in creating a greater working experience. Much of the consumer base is known to be demanding, and altercations have been known to commonly arise. But employees are taught to handle and diffuse these situations, and produce positive results.
Pros
Healthcare, Employee environment, Sympathetic management, Company Scholarship
Cons
Sometime Difficult Clientele
Fun fast-paced work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 27, 2016
Wegmans is very fun and also very busy. Every emplyoee is awesome at helping customers and each other. Wegmas take pride in what they value and the biggest one is respect!
many benefits to working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 26, 2016
they have tuition reimbursement programs. They have many things they are connected with and they have a phenomenal reputation
Good Management and Fun Place to Work
Produce Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 25, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company that is family owned. The corporate bosses are very friendly and they do visit their stores more than 3 times a year. The best part of this job is meeting people and learning new cooking techniques every week. The worst part of this job is lack of work schedule flexibility for Full-Time employees.
Pros
opportunities for advancement and training
Cons
short breaks, lack of balance work/life
Very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 24, 2016
They care about your well being. They will help you move forward in any way they can. Great company to work for. Wegmans is more of a family than a job
Great company to work for!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDDecember 23, 2016
Overall, Wegmans is great company to work for.. for students especially! Scholarships and flexible hours are just a few perks of being a PT or FT student employee.
20 years later and I'm still struggling
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYDecember 22, 2016
After starting as a clerk and working my way up to management over the last 20 years, I find this company has done a 180. Gone are the days of a career with a company that prides itself as one of the best companies to work for. I have struggled my whole life and find that as I've got older, Myself and other employees are being replaced by young, college grads, and told we are not a good fit for the positions we've held for years. I have little retirement and never will be able to thanks to the lack of good health insurance, low pay, and awful hours that do not allow for me to pick up a second job. Once a generous company that bent over backwards for its employees has now forced them to step down from positions of power to avoid paying them what a college grad would do for half. Also, do not get injured on the job or they will surely give you more work to do to force you to quit or they will let you go when you return because you cannot handle the position anymore.
Pros
Free lunch, Good vacation benefits, Great customers
Cons
Low pay, no health insurance, cannot use as reference if you quit, must be willing to work a different schedule every week
wegmans is the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYDecember 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working for wegmans, though that was not my passion, so alas I left in search of a career gained by going back to school. It was my favorite.
Great Work Place
Busser (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 20, 2016
Wegmans is a nice place to work. They care for their employees and they reward them with gifts after working ten years with them.
Great people, Great benefits, Great environment
Meat Dept. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MD 21054December 16, 2016
This is one of the top 10 places to work for in the US. That says a lot. I love working here. They give us a lot of free food and the environment is always friendly. My manager has always been understandable and very rarely unpleasant if at all. A normal day at work is filled with people being friendly and working out problems without getting angry. All of my co-workers have been easy to work with.
Pros
Great Environment, Great people, Great Hours, Great benefits
Cons
Cant think of any
Productive fun place to work at
Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJDecember 15, 2016
Wegmans is one of the best jobs I ever had the store manager knows everyone by their names and really appreciate the work you do the costumer service you provided he really acknowledge you as a person he cares about you and your family and I really lo ed working there Wegmans in Mt.Laurel nj loved it
Pros
Great people
good job to work for.
Deli Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 15, 2016
A typical day at work involved fast phase working, great customer service, educating customers on our products and services we offered. Working at wegman's expand my knowledge on many levels of education.
Pros
wonderful work inviorment
Cons
management
Do not work here unless you want to work hard with no opportunity for advancement if your not in your early twenties or managers feel bad for you.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYDecember 13, 2016
I have worked here for a while and I feel this is a dead end job.The entire front end is hectic and is enough to give someone a nervous breakdown. They advance the cashiers they favor or are scared of offending.
Pros
great customers
Cons
hectic, team leaders are very inexperienced and micro manage
Healthy, safe work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 12, 2016
Relatively fast paced, and organized workplace. Management was polite and knowledgeable. Opportunities for promotion and assistance with furthering education.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
Impersonal
not great for family life
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 11, 2016
Work when they say or else.
Do Not question management or else.
leave toolbox locked sit in office talk to boss, your the "GOLDEN CHILD"
Danny IS NOT getting the bang for his buck!
But if you agree and are friends with management Your in.
No opinion or else.
If You work for your pay and try to do a good job, your OUT.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rewards the lazy peope
Good job with an average staff
Helping Hands (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYDecember 8, 2016
Try to move on after cashier. Works very well with kids who have a busy schedule. If you play sports or go to college this is the place to work for.
Good company to work for. It is retail business , It is not for everyone.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYDecember 6, 2016
Cashier ,entry level position: it is a hard job. You are expected to stand on your feet for your entire shift. an 8hr day gets 2 15min breaks and 1 half hour break. You are expected to stand for at least 2hrs before your break sometimes 3hrs. Your are the main department that interacts with the customers.
During those hours your are standing at your register and checking out the customer's groceries. It is generally a repetitive job. The company does offer advancement with in the company to other departments;you must meet job transfer requirements.
The people you meet and work with are what makes the job They are very nice people to work with and work for. The company does offer many benefits.
Pros
nice people to work with and the benefits
Cons
Retail business
Horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2016
For minimum wage you get insulted by horrible and nasty customers all day long. The management is a joke. There's unecessary drama. Being a cashier is like working with sweat shop conditions, you'll work an 8 hour shift with no bathroom breaks what so ever, you're also not allowed a bottle of water when you're constantly moving and it is very hot inside as well. The management is horrible they goof off n when you need help they're never there.
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
Terrible customers and management terrible hours no discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3