Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

Ok to work for
Bakery Team Lead (Current Employee), Lanham, MDOctober 7, 2014
Very hectic, constantly busy with lots of work and not alot of help, not a cohesive team no one works together. I learned to be strong and gain courage to stand up. Most enjoyable part is helping customers and putting a smile on their face.
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Techinician (Current Employee), Ithaca, NYOctober 6, 2014
My co-workers are a hard working bunch that always make work fun. The management was very easy to work with and never imposed impossible standards. The customers were sometimes difficult to work with but usually grateful. I've learned how to work with a team, trust my co workers and delegate responsibility.
Overall great working experience.
Cashier/Customer Service/Demo (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAOctober 6, 2014
This was probably my favorite job that I had. It was an easy and nice paced work environment.
Plenty of opportunities in career advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2014
Wegmans was without a doubt, an excellent employer, and a place where I was always happy to come in to work. I enjoyed job stability, as well as bountiful measures of emotional support during low points in my personal life. The managers at Wegmans were always accomodating and forthcoming in career advancements and moving about and above the store. I recommend this employer to any and everyone, regardless of their career goals. The most enjoyable aspects of this job was the constant customer interaction, managerial support, and the ways in which we were allowed to develop personal relationships with each and every customer and or client we encountered.
Great
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 26, 2014
great place to work
amazing coworkers
dispense meds
work with insurance companies
input scripts
Great company to work for.
Front-End Cashier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Best company I have worked for in years. Employer is highly attentive to the needs of employees. Everyone I work with has a very positive attitude.
Great if you're young
Cashier (Former Employee), Clay, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Great company and an amazing place to work if you are young, in school and do not require a lot of hours or a full time position.
fun work place
Part time employee (Current Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 18, 2014
diverse work place with many opportunities.
Co workers are always happy.
hardest part is nothing because everything comes along great.
best part about my job is the customers
Workplace where I can do what I like and help people
Bakery/Customer service (Current Employee), Bel AirSeptember 15, 2014
I've learned a lot from working at Wegmans. It's taught me how to care for others in a way I never have before and how to put other's needs before my own. My co-workers are amazing and I've made some really great friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers.
Fast Pace with Team Work
Over-night Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Sterling, VASeptember 13, 2014
Unload truck of merchandise stock and condition store. I learned how to order product, have great customer service, work well with other.
Management was helpful and willing to give great advise to all workers. Hardest part was working overnight and having a deadline to finish our assignment. Most enjoyable was getting to work close with co-workers and being involved with customers and helping them find what they need.
One of the worst jobs I ever had
Accounting (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: worked with nice people
Cons: terrible front end management
This was one of the worst jobs that I ever had. As a part time worker you never knew how many hours you would get per week. It could be 8 or 28 & you only knew your schedule 1 week out. The front end management was terrible.
Top 100 best company to work for based on Forbes, real life is different
Customer service (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: minimum wage job, management not consistant
Job stability is there but not everyone is held to the same standard. Minimum wage job, yearly raise of $.25 if your manager deems it worthy. One could work twice as hard as another person and not get any sort of recognition. No drive to give 100%
Amazing Place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 9, 2014
Excellent with benefits, with human resources, and kept to their word. Advancement was possible.
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre Twp. PASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Wegmans was my very first job when I was just 15. I was responsible for register duties, bagging and returning unwanted items to the shelves.

With my job at Wegmans I learned responsibility, customer service skills and how to manage money properly.

My co-workers were diverse. The employees at Wegmans ranged from high school to college kids, or retired people just trying to earn a few extra dollars. Management was mostly young college students or recent college grads with a degree in business or human resources.

I would say the hardest part of the job was standing for long hours and the most enjoyable was meeting new people.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYSeptember 8, 2014
the management was friendly, coworkers nice. I learned how to run a regester. the hardest part of the job was staning in one pace for hours on end
fast paced place to work
Cashier/Cust. Serv (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: interesting people, fast paced
Cons: no time to sit down
I met interesting people while doing their transactions, and it was always fast paced. You job just kept going.
Great place to work.
Cashier, customer service, produce (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2014
This was my first job and seven years later I'm still here. Great place to work and its an awesome company.
Not my favorite
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: food service, good hours
Cons: pay, busy weekends
I love working with people and serving customers. I enjoyed customer service and staying busy. I enjoyed being a greeter and giving the first impression
Enjoyable place to work and learning about customer satisfaction
Assistant Meat Manager (Current Employee), Warrington, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: being able to assist people with preparing their food once it was purchased.
Cons: physical demands
Wegman's is a great place to work. The staff and management is polite and helpful. . My customer service was stellar before my employment there however, working at Wegman's strengthened my skills. The hardest part of the job wads making sure all customers were completely satisfied. Customer service at Wegman's was job 1.
The most enjoyable part were the special orders we completed and witnessing the smiles and satisfaction of our customers.
healty eating , fun place to shop
Marketing Demo /Meal Coach (Current Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 21, 2014
Pros: make own schedule
Cons: no health care, too far to travel, no rewards for up selling
I am very dependable , out going self motivated very passionate about good food.I enjoy teaching people how to cook fast easy healthy meals for they family and friends , solve customers complaints & concerns in a timing matter , assure that product is fresh also maintain a fun and safe place to work 15yrs + in customer service skill also can upsell by increasing sales 85% daily

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more