Wegmans

Wegmans Employer Reviews

Fun, Productive, Opportunity for Advancement
Full-Time Service Team Leader (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 4, 2013
I really enjoy working for Wegmans. It has been and continues to be a great career choice. I have been given the tools necessary to improve myself, both professionally and personally.

Management is open and willing to help others.
Team Work!
Sales & Food Preparation (Former Employee), Collegeville, PANovember 3, 2013
It was a great place to working. Learning about team work, training new employees, constantly learning, fast paced, sales, and being outgoing with customers.
great culture and strong customer focus
Cashier & Sub Shop (Former Employee), Pittsford, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: friendly employees
Cons: advancement frowned upon and biased
customer experience trumps everything else. fun atmosphere most times
productive work place, friendly
Full-Time Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Penfield, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation days
Cons: short lunch breaks
Very fun workplace, great people, and family oriented. Hardest part of the job is customer dissatisfaction and short breaks. Co-Workers are great, very friendly and team oriented. Management does their best to take care of issues and pays attention to employee needs.
Best place to work
Cashier/demo (Former Employee), Geneva, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: everything the store has
This store is the best store to work for. They offer job advancement, college tuition, employee rewards, etc. I wish I still worked at this place, but they are not far down south yet.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Breakfast Baker (Current Employee), Germantown, MDOctober 18, 2013
Everyone is very friendly, and ready to work. Managers are all very kind and understanding, so are coworkers.
A good company to work for overall
Natures Market Customer Service (Current Employee), Leesburg, VirginiaOctober 16, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation days, free lunch once in a while, prizes, 401k, good benefits, healthcare, vacation hours.
Cons: no work and life balance, management inconsistency.
A typical day at work for me is to put the load on the shelves, ordering product for the next load. The other focus is to provide excellent customer service to all the customers.

I've learned a lot from working at Wegmans for almost 10 years. I learned how to run a cash register, fill prescriptions, ordering products through many different mediums – more... (ie. fax, iphone, pics gun, computer, phone, telxon),

The management is slightly inconsistent from store to store. The managers are there to listen to you though. Overall, they treat their employees respectfully.

My co-workers are very hard working and easy to get along with. It makes for a friendly work environment. We work as a team to get the job done while helping our customers find what they are looking for and to answer questions they may have.

The hardest parts of this job is the lifting, pulling and carrying of boxes filled with product along with work and life balance. If you are full-time, the company does expect you to work there and no where else unless you have prior approval from management depending on the other job you may have.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the work environment and helping customers. – less
Okay place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Manalapan, NJOctober 15, 2013
Accepted into youth advocate program and was cross functionally trained to learn different departmental functions.
Friendly People always willing to be by your side
Dairy Department Assistant Manager (Former Employee), manalapan njOctober 15, 2013
-Work in the office to call warehouse and order product.
-I learned how to work well on a team with others
- I supervised the department to make sure everything went correctly.
-My co workers were very nice and followed directions very well.
- Switching from overnights to day shifts
- Being able to enjoy free lunch for good deeds
Wonderful company to work for.
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), New JerseyOctober 8, 2013
Wegmans has outstanding values and truly takes care of their employees. Their level of customer service is incredible and the opportunities for advancement of your career are endless.
productive and fun place
Front end customer service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 6, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: horriblle benefits
alright position nice people and great customer service that the company has.
no longer get my business!!!!
cashier (Former Employee), liverpool nyOctober 4, 2013
i applied there and weeks later they finally called and did a phone interview. then 2 weeks later brought me in for another interview. then about a week later i received an email stating i wasnt chosen for the position....

i applied for a part time cashier available from 6pm till midnights and anytime including overnights on the weekend. i have been – more... a cashier my entire 8 years of working. i have eorked stock, merchandising, food prep, cleaning, cashier, security, etc. and i have always worked 2-3 jobs at once. i was looking for 0-20 hrs a week.

my friend applied along side me.....shes available every day 9am- midnight. she is 25 and has never worked a day in her life. she got hired......at $8 an hr at that!

whats wrong here?

lets just say i will never shop there again. – less
A lot of favortism
Order Selector (Former Employee), Pottsville, PAOctober 2, 2013
There was a lot of favortism at this job. Women where treated differently than men.
the best pharmacy/store around on the east side
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Rochester NYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: wegmans is only located on the east side
Wegmans is the best grocery chain on the Eastern side of the USA. hopefully in the future Danny will expand to west side. AS a Wegmans employee, we strive to do or best to provide the best customer service. We have been in Fortune magazine numerous times. WE also help the community through United Way, and teach our customers to strive for their own – more... health by making healthy choices by shopping there. Wegmans isn't just a store. its an experience, The store is clean, employees are always happy to be working there. We have buffets, a cafĂ©, coffee shop. people have lunch/dinner right there in wegmans. prices are great and the food is excellent and fresh.
My personal experience as pharmacy Technician, was I got fully trained via classes, which CVS never provided me. We also have to rotate stations every hour so we are hands on with everything and can handle any situation. I love my managers there. I woerk under 9, which includes the Pharmacists. They are very lenient to scheduling and everyones family needs. I don't find a hard part of my job. I consider "hard parts" learning opportunities,. I love working at Wegamns. – less
Great people who value employees as individuals.
Cashier, Maintenance, Coffee Shop (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: great people, easy to take time off
Cons: inconsistant schedule, difficult to go full time
Wegmans can often be a fun place to work as they are full of wonderful people. There are lots of oppertunities to move from department to department at Wegmans so chances are you will be able to find a department that suits you. You will gain tons of experience with interacting with customers, and can learn things like inventory and sending orders even – more... in non managerial positions. The only downside to Wegmans is that your schedule will likely vary greatly from week to week and you will probably have to work weekends and getting a Full time position is difficult and often takes years. – less
good production
Machine operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good lunchs
Cons: good breaks
we do maintenence , but we have lot overtime help produccion lines run and make different lines jobs
Productive and organizational environment
Produce Night Coordinator (Current Employee), Amherst, NYSeptember 19, 2013
The jobs keeps you busy and on your feet
Fast Paced
A lot of daily meetings are required to discuss sales
Management are very understanding
All in the name
Stocking merchandising (Current Employee), Rochester NySeptember 18, 2013
If you know Wegmans, you know how awesome it is. Wonderful company to work for. One big family.
High speed friendly enviroment
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee), Landover, MDSeptember 17, 2013
-Busy a lot of cutting and production
-I learned how to fillet,debone,butterfly,steak etc.
-Management slightly helpful
-Co-workers nice friendly respectable caring hardworking and goal achievers
-Nothing is hard about my job to me
-Satisfying the customers at all times
good work place
Machine operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2013
but i have to move to puerto rico again because my mom was so sick

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more