Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Webster NYOctober 10, 2015
absolutely a great place to start work . I started when i was only 14 and love every moment of it. understanding managers, and a great work environment.
Everything is awful except your close coworkers
Baker (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 9, 2015
Wegman's is said to be the #1 company in America... That may be true in other stores but Downingtown Wegman's is a mess. The benefits are great sure... if you qualify. Management is absolutely atrocious, they don't do any work but they'll spend all day gossiping with each other. If you aren't a manager then you are treated like trash and yes, managers have been known to purposefully sabotage employees and customers through neglect and poor ethics. Also they will cheat you out of pay that you're entitled to if you don't keep constant track of your hours and basically hold their hand until they pay you what you deserve. If you want to work for Wegman's it's a great start to any fulfilling career... Just don't go to Downingtown, Pennsylvania for a job there.
My Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYOctober 3, 2015
I enjoy my Job because I always get a chance to meet new customers and I always enjoy seeing the regular customers come in everyday. I work with a smile. Wegmans is a great place to work.
fun and productive workplace where the people really care about you
Cashier (Current Employee) –  rochester, nySeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work nice friendly caring environment. A company that really cares about its employees. I love working here. Plenty of chances for advancement with this company. They don't just tell you they care they show you
Very understanding workplace that
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 29, 2015
One of the best companies to work for. They treat everyone with respect and understand everyday problems that people have and wont punish for basic problems.
Family Friendly Top Companies in America
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Kind, respectful co-workers that are there to help you succeed. Vast array of departments to work in from store level to corporate setting. Customers and Employees are very important to senior leadership.
Pros
A work enviornment where you are empowered, respected and cared for.
Cons
Difficult to advance
n/a
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Good Company Overtime was mandatory and was always announced at last minute which compromised my home life at the time.
Productive work place with amazing coworkers and mangers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2015
I learned excellent customer service skills
How to handle a cash register
How to inform customers of information on products through food sampling
My coworkers were friendly
Selector (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PASeptember 27, 2015
Everyone is really friendly. Everyone looks out for each other. The team leaders do office work, but you often see them on the floor running equipment too.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Interesting
Frozen Food Stocker, Pizza Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 26, 2015
Wegmans offers several fantastic opportunites. A typical day at work involves working with customers serving them pizzas. I would make pizzas, roll out dough, make dough, fry off chicken wings and other items. I've learned about patience and perseverence. The hardest part of the job has to be the tight schedules and managing the closing tasks to the letter, it requires tight time management skill. I enjoy helping customers and serving them food that makes them happy.
Customer Service Representative, Deli Department (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYSeptember 26, 2015
Wegmans is a great place to work. there are plenty of ways to be able to learn more and improve yourself within the company
Pros
ability to grow
Cons
sometimes strange hours needed for shifts
customer service is excellent
Bakery Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2015
wegmans is not only a great place to shop but also to work. the company really thinks about their employees. The benefits and pay is good especially for the part time positions.
productive and fun work place
Market Server (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2015
wegmans is a very good company with a chance for a advancement and growth. i encourage people to apply wegmans is great. you will really like the people you work with
Great company that cares about its employees
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 21, 2015
Wegmans takes a lot of pride in its company values and it really shows. I never had any problems there that couldn't be worked out. Management takes the time to listen to their employees and makes for the best work environment possible.
Lots of politics, good ole boy network well established
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 18, 2015
Not a bad company to work for. Pay was good and you can move up quickly to a point. It's a non union job so compensation and benefits could of been better.
Pros
401k match, good health care
Cons
you have to be buddy buddy with someone to move up.
Productive and fun work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDSeptember 17, 2015
My typical work day at Wegmans was productive. Always clocked in on time, then was directed to my work station and finished off shift. I learned to communicate with various people, also to keep a clean workspace. The hardest part of being a cashier was stand in one place for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the friendly co-workers
Overall positive rating
Meat Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  ocean twspSeptember 17, 2015
I have been at the company for 12 years and have moved around a little in the last 2 years. I have learned that many of my managerial skills are transferrable to other departments. I have met and been able to learn a lot from the various people I have worked with and also developed new thoughts on customer service from customers and there request.
Pros
401k
Cons
working holidays
great place to work unless you're over night grocery.
Over night grocery (Current Employee) –  Niagara fallsSeptember 11, 2015
I have never had a worse job than wegmans over night grocery. The are a handful of good workers who assume most of the work load and then the rest are oxygen thieves. The pay doesnt come close to matching the work load. If you want a job at wegmans stay away from overnight grocery, dairy, and frozen.
Pros
its almost impossible to get fired
Cons
to many to list
good work atmosphere
Cashier/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Everyday you entered work someone was always there to greet you and see how you were feeling. Most of the time the customers were more than happy to be their also, which made being a cashier a lot less stressful.
Pros
sometimes free food
Cons
short breaks
Fun and enjoyable
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Wegmans and working with the public and my co workers were fantastic. Working in the cooler and freezer doing loads and inventory kept me real busy .

4.3