Wegmans Employee Reviews in United States

Very friendly staff and always a welcoming environment
Customer Service Representative /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDDecember 20, 2015
I learned a lot of core values working at Wegmans, it shows that people always be courteous to one another and have plenty of customer service skills. There was never a dull day, employees and management were always kind and concerned for our well being. A typical day at work included signing in and just doing your job while having some laughs with co-workers, and always talking to customers. It was very enjoyable each day, the hardest part would be getting the hang of training at first then everything is easy.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PADecember 19, 2015
The environment they provided for their employees was incredible. They workaround employees hours and management was outstanding.
Educational, ethical
Employee Representative (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 17, 2015
Has learned a tremendous amount, always room for growth. The employees and customers make environment exciting. Open communication and family oriented
Catering Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 17, 2015
Wegmans is a great company to work for that has great benefits. Great for part timers with flexible hours. If you are great at customer service, you will excel in almost any roll at Wegmans.
Wegmans is one of the most secure jobs to have.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYDecember 17, 2015
I enjoyed working for Wegmans. I stayed there a while but its so political when trying to advance. You have to wait so long to get a minimum paying position.
Great company to work for with great benefits.
Cashier duties (Former Employee) –  Lake Manassas, VADecember 13, 2015
I would prepare and cook the pizza, then i would package or put the pizza on the case. I had to serve customers pizza or take their orders. I was a closer of the department. I had to clean the department, make sure none of the food expired and clean the dishes.
fun to work at with room for growth
Front-end cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYDecember 12, 2015
Everyone is willing to help others with almost anything. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and they will be answered to the best of their ability.
Diner
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 9, 2015
The diner was my first job and I had a great time there. It was located at the airport and that was probably the hardest part of the job is the traveling. But the job was great. I had an amazing manger and team with me. On a daily I would take payments and service out going orders. I learned a lot of time management with them, and handling money.
Great Store
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 8, 2015
I enjoy meeting all the customers and providing them with the best possible customer service experience I can porvide.
Pros
Great Store ! ! !
Cons
N/A
Private/ Family owned company
Medical Administrator HR (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 6, 2015
Great company to work for. Cares about employees, family owned and operated. Employees are engaged and motivational objectives are offered.
Great job for High school students
Cashier, Helping Hands and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 1, 2015
This is a great job for those in High School. The pay could be a bit better for certain jobs. Overall, its a great place with great people.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Compensation
Busy busy busy!
Deli- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VANovember 30, 2015
I loved working there! I loved the people I worked with and the environment. It was a very fast paced job but there wasn't a set schedule and I wasn't making any more money and I need a job that was stable and I had opportunity to grow.
not bad for someone in school
Produce Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairmount, NYNovember 30, 2015
they were very good about getting me hours when was in high school and college. but as soon as i graduated college and expressed interest in staying with the company and advancing with the company i got side tracked multiple times because the people who were competing with me for positions had personal relationships with the district area manager so i had no chance
Like a family
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 24, 2015
I worked for 10 years before I decided I wanted to continue with my dreams. And Wegmans never held me back, as a company they wanted nothing more than for me to succeed. It was the people I worked with that became a second family.
Decent company to work for.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, NYNovember 24, 2015
Great company to work for when it comes to how fairly employees are treated. A tad hard to excel however, depending on what department you are in. Benefits could be better.
There are worse places
customer service (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 24, 2015
Overall, this is not the worst place to work. They have employee events and a generally positive atmosphere. However, some departments are unpleasant to work for if you need any sort of accommodation. They fired me a week before maternity leave was supposed to start. I mean, that was probably just a coincidence, right? I would advise to keep your personal life personal. Don't add coworkers on facebook. Don't talk about anything not directly relevant to the task at hand. Gossip runs rampant. It doesn't have to be true or even plausible. If anyone asks you how you like working there, make sure you only say positive things. They'll find a way to get rid of people who don't fit there happy façade.
Pros
employee events, free meal coupons, mostly positive staff.
Cons
Evaluations are incredibly subjective, which gives them plenty of room to create reasons to fire people they don't like.
great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 23, 2015
among many other responsibilities I obtained in various departments over the 9 years I was with the company, I ended up a certified pharmacy technician where I could gain greater knowledge into pharmacology. It proved to be an important learning experience, and the skills in customer service I acquired were just as beneficial
Far from Fortune 500 Material
In Store position (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 23, 2015
Maybe they are a great company to work at their other stores but the store in Allentown Pennsylvania that I just spent 5 years working at my co workers and myself were treated like garbage. When I began my employment with them 5 years ago I was still in school and they promised me I would be moved to a full time position after I graduate college.When I graduated and I was ready for my fulltime position because they knew they could get me to work almost 40 hours part time so every time I would try to apply for a full time position they would make up some excuse why I couldn't do it even though I was more than qualified for the position and earlier this place they unfairly disciplined me by having me on a 6 month written warning probation for something that wasn't even my fault so they can keep me from applying for another position and damaging the good career I been working really hard at everyday. When it comes to job promotions they seem to only promote employees they clearly seem to prefer a lot being attractive younger girls over others even though many of the ones they never preferred were some of the hardest and most productive workers there and the ones that they prefer also get promoted within their first year while others who been there forever never get moved up. All the managers and hr are all best friends who always agree on everything together and treated all of us unfair. One of my co workers had a mental disability and even though she tried her best she had a few difficulties preforming her job at work with the disability and every single mistake she made they  more... held against her and she basically was forced to resign with threat of getting terminated if she made another mistake and she is now without a job. They also for the past few years have been understaffing us for the high volume of business that we get. A few years ago when the management changed to the one we have today which I am writing about many of my co workers couldn't handle them and resigned and they only hired about maybe half the amount of the number of people that left to replace which left us doing the work of 2-3 people. Then they also have a habit of sending people home for the entire day if they make a mistake like my co worker with the disability which by that point it would be too late for them to find a replacement to come in and that would leave us really understaffed. All I can say is unless you are desperate for a job and can't find any other place to work stay away from here they may cover themselves up with this Who we are stuff but they d not treat their employees well and I don't think they deserve to be anywhere on the fortune 500 list.  less
productive place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 22, 2015
wegmans was a great place with a wonderful atmosphere, working in a grocery store was surprisingly relaxed. customers and employees were very kind and it felt like a family atmosphere.
Good working environment
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 22, 2015
Most busy time is between 10am - 4pm. As a cook, I have to prepare some of the buffet Asian Meals for the time Learn and experience working in a kitchen environment. Might not have break time sometimes due to busy workload.
Pros
A good place to learn.

4.3