Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

Inventory Ordering/Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: family friendly workplace.
Cons: pay is low at first but does increase quickly
Wegman's cares about it's employees. It's evident in their scheduling, management style, and organization of the workplace,
All together
Market Café Server (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 1, 2015
Though Wegman's is a large grocery store franchise with multiple departments, the Company does a great job of bringing everyone together. The staff is friendly and detail oriented. The atmosphere is always upbeat.
Enjoyable work environment
Pricing Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJMarch 1, 2015
Productive and busy work environment. Friendly coworkers and great management team. The hardest part of my job is working when the store is busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is working independently.
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Have to work with customer everyday and most of the time you know the customer, best place to work because of how the company operate and treat their employees as a part of family.
Fun and Supportive Company
Customer Service Desk- Head of Simplification (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Since I started working for Wegmans my confidence and people skills have improved greatly. Management was very supportive and helpful on making me get the amount of hours I needed, and was able to be very flexible with schedules. I learned a lot in costumer service and handling difficult situations.
Reliable Work Place
Front End Employee (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Wegmans allows for the opportunity of any aged individuals from 15 years old on, to begin, continue or restart their working career in a delightful manner.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Associate- Bakery (Current Employee), Wilkes Barre PennsylvaniaFebruary 18, 2015
Working at Wegmans has given me a background on how a company works. The company makes sure to make each and every employee knowledgable about their company and how it operates. Daily activities in my work environment included working with other team members, working with customers, decorating different bakery items and also daily clean up and order of work environment.
Great company
Prepared Food Service (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Wegmans treats their employees properly, which in return creates employees who love their job. Flexibility is amazing and they make sure you enjoy what you do.
Fortune 100
Customer Service (Current Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: management, oppurtunities, friendly enviorment, great company!!
Cons: n/a
I couldn't be luckier to start my first job at Wegmans, they take care of their employees like no others. They have been ranked in the Fortune 100 for the 17th year in a row and also was voted for the #1 Grocery Store in America! I started this job as a cashier and then moved to Helping Hand, Café Cashier, then finally the Service Desk. Through Wegmans I have learned customer service, responsibilities, management, problem solving etc.
fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), newton,maFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: short breaks, you have to buy your own lunch
Wegman's is always busy and full of customers. As a cashier working in thefront end, things get pretty hectic sometimes. The employers are nice and friendly however they don't seem to try to help you if you have a problem. I earned 9.75/hour. My coworkers were the best,I enjoyed working alongside them. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and helping people find the things they needed.
Enjoyable Work Environment with Strong Team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Everyday is enjoyable, teamwork is very important. Must be able to work with others in order to get the daily tasks done, but also need to be able to work alone to get certain individual requirements completed.
Great, upbeat work environment and extremely flexible.
Cashier, Maintenance, Helping Hands (Current Employee), Webster, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Great place to work. They have always been flexible with my schedule outside of work. Great culture and usually fun to go to work.
Fantastic Culture/Values
Produce Customer Service (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Wegmans offered strength in terms of company culture and values, while placing emphasis on the importance of their employees - a culture that I was able to effectively cultivate throughout multiple store opening within new market locations south of New York. The core values of Wegmans I find are typical of who I am today: caring, empowered, respectful, having high standards, and ultimately looking to make a difference, if not in the community, then wherever my environment will allow me, at any given time. I learned many things within the organization about people and productivity. I am eager to extend my career further, having confidence in performing or succeeding at any variety of establishments.
Productive, fun, and positive work environment
Helping Hands Coordinator (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great pay great benefits
Cons: if management does not like you you're doomed
Clocking in and being greeted by most all employees. I learned a lot of different retail skills ranging from overnight stocking to front end management. The employees are fun and nice they're always looking to help. Hardest part of the job is dealing with unruly customers and management that doesn't like you. The most enjoyable part is knowing you helped someone get the best shopping experience they possibly could.
fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 7, 2015
a typical day at wegmans is getting the till and checking customers out and greeting them. management was great also. the most enjoyable part is meeting new people
Fun place to work with good benefits
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: hours
Great place for a part time job!

For a full time job, it has great room for advancement and support from Human Resources.

One downfall is that you need to "drink the kool-aid"for anyone to pay attention to you.
Great Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Greece, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Everything about Wegmans was a great experience for me. The customers, the coworkers, and the fresh food items just made you want to continue to shop there and bring friends to enjoy the experience with you. The best part of working for Wegmans were the coupons I received for free items =)
Very flexible overall decent workplace
Multi-department employee (Current Employee), Cicero, New YorkFebruary 4, 2015
I worked at Wegmans all throughout high school and while I attended college. They were very good about my scheduling and I was able to take off whatever was needed. They do, however, have a lot of employees so hours aren't always ideal if you're looking for a lot of them.
Not a good work life balance like they say it is
Scratch Baker (Former Employee), Newton, MAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: job security, guaranteed raised twice a year, excellent benefits and holiday pay
Cons: terribls schedules
They do not care at all whatsoever about your life outside of work. I worked as a scratch baker with shifts starting at 2 am. When you work the night shift you need to stay on the night shift. You can't just move your sleep cycle around several times in the same week. Also, if the supervisor didn't pay attention you would sometimes be scheduled 8-10 days in a row. Unless you specifically request it, you would never get two days off in a row. When working at 2 am what is one day off supposed to do for me when I have to be in bed by 6pm at the latest! They really should train on how to schedule much better.
Great place to work, Benefits, Chance for advancement, Great people to work with
Produce Manager, Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Corning, NY, Hornell NYJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere to work in, benefits, chance for advancement
Cons: working holidays
Learned everything about produce. How to store and use all fruits and vegetables. How to merchandize product and how to handle product. Learned how to control shrink. Most of the managers I worked for were outstanding. Same thing goes for co-workers most were outstanding. Hardest part of job working a lot of holidays. Making a customers day, also training associates watching them grow and get promoted. Also the chance for advancement.

About Wegmans

Wegmans Food Markets is a major regional supermarket chain, and one of the largest private companies in the U.S. Headquartered – Read more

Wegmans Salaries