Pros: flexible time-off, convenient location, friendly, regular raises
Cons: scheduling is tough to change, income cap limits
• A typical day at work is evaluating what needs to be done within the first few moments I walk in the door, then setting out in doing those objectives in a timely manner and making sure all present staff is on board and in agreement. All the while customers are the first priority, so all background duties (cleaning/production/stocking) have to be done – more... in between helping customers.
• I've learned how to multi-task, work effectively with others, listen to customers to help them the best way that I can, know the products thoroughly and use that knowledge to inform customers, manage my time, and to maintain a friendly demeanor.
• management at Wegmans is thorough, they normally have very specific standards and are very communicative. They also make sure that you feel heard and that they're there to help.
• My co-workers are very diverse in background, which makes for an exciting workplace. I've been there for some time now and have grown great working relationships with many of them that allows us to work very productively together
• The hardest part of the job is how surprisingly fast-paced and demanding it can be. It's very physical, which I enjoy to some extent.
• The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of making sure each customer is taken care of and is pleased with their experience. – less