Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

Great!
Accounting Assistant $10 per hr (Former Employee), Greece, NYApril 15, 2015
Fun place! Always had me going and on my toes and they liked me too. It made me a faster worker and a smarter one about what to do.
Nice place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brockport, NYApril 15, 2015
I enjoy my interaction with customers and co-workers. I try to make the best day I possibly can when working. My favorite customers are elderly and babies.
I enjoy seeing the new products we offer.
Very exciting, very busy, positive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: free cake and food, $6 meal coupons for great customer reviews, opportunites to grow(move up), scholarships, employee discounts to various places, employee car buying program, and many more!
Cons: favoritism, nit-picking, scrutiny, being under a magnifying glass.
Wegmans is a great company to work for, the management is very flexible with hours on the front end (cashiering). whenever there is a celebration for Wegmans being the NUMBER ONE at anything, cake is always involved. there are opportunities for growth but you must be hardworking, well-liked and favored, ON TIME, and have ZERO customer complaints. my advice to anyone is that if you want to move up from being as a cashier, be reliable, all things stated above and have a great availability and they DO monitor everything. DO NOT accept money from customers, try to get as many great customer reviews from as many people as possible. the performance of cashiers are monitored and they document EVERYTHING that you do from coming in when they need you to work to saying yes to work in another department for a few hours. do as much as you can to look good at wegmans and you will probably not be denied for moving up.
Work
Front End Cashier - Customer Service (Current Employee), Rochester, NYApril 11, 2015
I love it. its a great place to work. including the wegmans scholorship. i love it. i wish that i could stay there for ever. Work was alright
Fast paced and fun
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great Job
My daily routine would include walking around the store to ensure and problems were solved and to help the departments get whatever was needed daily to ensure their success.
A good way to get skills with the public
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: department mobility
Cons: short breaks
The work was pretty repetitive but that was largely because the job's task was only to ring people up. Not recommended for those that can't or don't want to work with the public
Great Company
Front End Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 6, 2015
Have worked at this company for almost six years. They are willing to work with you and make sure you are achieving the goals you set for yourself. Amazing work environment even on busy days.
It's an alright place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: management, co workers
This is a starter job, the manager for this particular job is an a**hole and I know this because I worked at this store for this exact position. They also play favorites. Met a lot of weird people working overnight. They're also very nosey and talk behind everybody's back. I found a better job and ended up leaving. If your a young minority male they will clock you and be on top of you. In one particular situation I had a team leader ask me what I was doing with my time and I had to let him know that I work all day so you need to focus on something else. There's also elder people who try to start stuff at work because they're lives are not interesting. Anyways I warn you do not work here. Terrible work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Downingtown, PAMarch 31, 2015
I was hired when I was 15 and was able to work up and into the pharmacy. I love working there. The worst part of the job is dealing with the customers.
A Very Welcoming Place
Part-time employment (Current Employee), Buffalo, New YorkMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Schedule Flexibility
Cons: Pay, Advancement
There is a reason why Wegmans is the 7th best place to work in the United States. They treat you like family, and they are very great at working around a busy schedule. However, advancement to a management position is very frustrating and hard to accomplish, as they will usually look outside the current store to fill the position, regardless of how well your resume stands out
Professional and welcoming place to work at!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 30, 2015
Cons: Short breaks
I'm a part-time cashier here at the Burlington Wegmans and I have to say that so far I like working here. I punch in, put my stuff in the lockers provided in the break room and then meet up with my team leader or manager on duty and they assign me to a register. Everyone here has been very helpful and nice so far, including my co-workers, team leaders and managers! I come into work and leave work without feeling overwhelmed or stressed. So far, the hardest part of my job is just dealing with the occasional difficult customers. Fun part is when they do random raffles or contests to win free prizes such as work shirts, extra breaks or free meals. It's pretty nice, they're definitely not your typical grocery store!
Flexibility for Students!
CASHIER (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2015
Wegmans is a good place to work especially as a Students, its gives you flexibility in your schedule and allows you to study. Wegmans also give out scholarships to help Students in College.
Ok place to work if you don't want to advance in the store I worked in
Deli/OWC (Former Employee), Hornell, nyMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, some enjoyable co workers
Cons: Horrible team leaders, hired pple with no common sense
First few years had a great team leader who empowered me and helped set high standards for myself...last 2 year's I went through 2 horrible team leaders, who did not want to get our lowly part time feedback, who didn't empower us and there was no consequence for lazy workers, so those of us who cared always had to pick up the slack. Our store hardly advanced from within, which didn't really help the moral of part time employees, and the open door policy is a joke.
Wegmans
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 26, 2015
Flexible scheduling
understanding management
friendly work environment
great benefits
caring managers
great co workers
An amazing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 25, 2015
for it to be a busy store, Wegmans does their best to make their employees happy. We worked with a lot of very rude customers but they do their best to make our day and attitudes as positive as possible.
Great first job.
Accounting Office (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
This company was my first employer and I have had no problems over the past 6 years with them. The culture is unique to this company.
Good place to work after school
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Dickson City, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: really good management
really good place to work after school, great benefits and pay, love my managers. great company overall,nothing bad to say
Awesome Place to Work
Cashier, Grocery, Dairy (Current Employee), Fairport, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks, scheduling, management
I can only say great things about Wegmans. Great people to work with and since working part-time for 5 years I've learn many helpful skills that I carry onto other jobs once I graduate college. The scholarship is a nice bonus as well.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ocean, NJMarch 20, 2015
Worked here for nine years. They always take care of their employees. Great place to learn how to interact with customers, and experience firsthand how important incredible customer service is to a company's success.
Amazing Company That Does What It Says.
Demonstration Chef/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: positive and fun work environment, amazing management and coworkers, high quality products and services.
Cons: grocery hours, work most holidays
Wegmans is, hands down, the best company I have ever worked for. They focus on happy customers and employees and create a wonderful environment for both. They offer great benefits, flexible schedules, and just a wonderful atmosphere to work in. They hire people with drive and dedication; I did not work with a single person who wasnt a pleasure to work around/with. The management team is caring and understanding. They are approachable and easy to communicate with. During my time with Wegmans I was given so many opportunities to learn and grow, working in multiple departments and always having new training to take part in. Wegmans strives to be the best at what they do and they do a great job at it. Their brand is extremely high quality; and always innovating to provide the best for their employees and customers. The CEO/Owners make a point to visit each and every store and their presence is always celebrated instead of feared. The company is run more like a small business, remaining focused on what is truly important; customer satisfaction, instead of like a big company. Truly a pleasure to work for Wegmans!
Headquarters