Wegmans Employee Reviews

Wonderful ethics, great people, high standards that I appreciate
Prepared Foods Department Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 19, 2017
Stress levels are variable. Predictable requirements per shift helpful. Hardest part of the job for me was the amount of time on my feet. Best part of the job was feeling cared for and listened to as a member of the employee community
Pros
supportive benefits, good training
Cons
higher turnover than expected
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2017
This is one of the best places to work in the entire world. Staff and employees always happy. The place runs like a machine and you are always an important part of that machine. Love this place!
exposure to public, fun, friendly, exciting, fast phase
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAOctober 17, 2017
Wegmans culture is customer service and health and safety to both employees and customers driven. Management are helpful and approachable. With the fast phase work environment it's exciting to experience various situation. Smile is contagious. Wegmans pride with healthy choice of food for your body is well received.
Pros
healthy food available
Cons
too much food to chooce
Fast-paced with little room to grow
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 17, 2017
Unless you're good at sucking up to other people, you'll have a hard time moving beyond whatever position you were initially hired for. Though Wegmans touts itself as being a company where anyone can move from department to department, you have to know the right people and be very persistent in order to move around the company. The customers on the Front End aren't too bad, but the ones that are bad are unbearable. Management works with you when you have a rough time with a customer but for the most part there are times when you feel like you're out there on your own. FE is the hardest department by far, almost always understaffed, never giving you weekends off or making you open your availability. Overall it is not a bad retail environment but it can be very taxing. Befriend your coworkers, grow a thick skin, and it won't be too painful.
Pros
great store, nice coworkers
Cons
short breaks, shifts are tiring, often understaffed, lack of morale in FE department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 17, 2017
You work with good people. You do spend a lot of your money for your food on breaks or notice new things that other people are buying and spend your money on that too.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great to start out, but aweful for a career.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 17, 2017
This is a great place for teenagers to get their first job. Unfortunately, management is lacking in education and training in higher positions. As you move up, more responsibilities are given like any company. However, no pay increases come with promotions. There are many teenagers getting paid more than their managers or coordinators. More responsibility should be compensated with higher paid or other benefits. These decisions are generally made at district level presumably to save money, although I do not know for sure. I do know new markets and districts that do less business than Rochester have more allocated opportunity hours. Along with no pay increases, they have been not filling positions as people leave. It has gotten to a point where our service is not nearly as good as it should be. We pride ourselves in great customer service, but we are so understaffed and undertrained that we can no longer provide this service. It is extremely hard when you want to do your best, but you are not given the tools to do so. That being said, I feel my voice is generally heard in a respectful manner. In terms of experience, I have gained a lot and have moved up to many different responsibilities and have even been allowed to create new tasks to better the store. In general, most people are very nice and easy to work with. Overall, a great place for part time jobs, but not a great place for a career. I have no experience with corporate jobs however which tend to be very different in work culture.
Pros
Treated well, great to part timers, can move up quickly
Cons
No fair pay, corporate culture, cutbacks
Good place to work, not great compensation.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYOctober 16, 2017
As much as I enjoy the environment, and the ability to change your position the compensation isn't always great. As a full timer you are required to work most holidays, and both Saturday and Sunday for the most part. I loved the people I worked with and for at the store level, but upper management can be out of touch.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor compensation
Family friendly and career oreinted place to work, grow and develop
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of ensuring the department was operating efficiently; this encompassed scheduling, ordering products, conducting inventory, rendering excellent customer service as well as attending to customer concerns or complaints. Throughout my career, I have learned that customer service is the key to the longevity and survival of a business. The workplace culture is welcoming, professional and family friendly. The hardest part of my job was learning the process of maintaining inventories when having to transfer items from different departments. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to prepare various dishes in the prepared foods section at one of our flagship stores.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working most weekends
Flexible scheduling
Leadership (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 14, 2017
Scheduling is flexible and management is willing to work with employees when things come up. Benefits are offered at competitive packages as well as 401k with company matching.
Frozen Food Selector (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work was stocking bread or picking the product form the shelf. You also got to share ideas of how to sell items such as the wegmans 4 pack mufffins. And you were able to interact with the customers.
Pros
Great company, it was like family

Want to know more about Wegmans?

Ask a question
Flexible, friendly place
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2017
This company is amazing. The management truly cares, my co workers are some of my best friends and the customers are always so happy to be there. It can be stressful on busy days, but most of the time the days are calm and rewarding.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
always open
Active and engaged company with great coworkers!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14626October 12, 2017
Wegmans is a good opportunity because it is so involved in the community. Employees receive discounts on tickets to local shows, as well as a variety of products in the store! Working in Nature's gives extra flexibility because the employees get to move around the store through each shift, as there are many dual-located products. Always be on the lookout for new teas and chocolates!
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician; Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brockport, NYOctober 12, 2017
A typical day at work at Wegmans Pharmacy involved cashing out customers, calling insurance companies, filling prescriptions, restocking the shelves with new orders.
Pros
Benefits are offered
Willing to work with your scheduling needs
Cake Decorator / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 12, 2017
Love the work environment, would have liked to be able to work in a different department for a better work experience.
Working with other employees is great and the work environment is challenging but is rewarding.
Pros
Able to take time off
Cons
Not much overtime
good place to work
Cashier/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYOctober 10, 2017
great place to work for a student while in college or as a side career for anyone who doesnt mind dealing with customers and multiple departments to always ensure a good experience for customers
Pros
discounts
Cons
idk
Great place to work for a part-time job
Customer Service in Prepared Foods and Bakery (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2017
I learned alot about workplace culture here. I probably learned how an employees should be treated and how important a managers professionalism is in the work place. While I was in school they were very flexible with me and when I had to take days off. I loved this job but resigned for other opportunities.
Pros
Great workplace, flexible scheduling for student, good managers, employee appreciation events, 6 month raises
Cons
low wages, received hours based on store sales and your own flexibility to work
Great experience working there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 9, 2017
Ive learned alot and i appreciate the opportunity

6am shifts
A lot of different products and vendors.
Co- workers were good. I think thats what makes you enjoy your job even more.
Pros
made lifetime friends
Cons
communication
Great Work Environment
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYOctober 5, 2017
Wegmans is a great company to work for, some positions work with your home life while others you have to have an open availability. Which is hard while having a family.
My Experience At Wegmans
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 4, 2017
My experience at Wegmans was positive experience and I learned a lot about customer service and working in fast paced and changing environments, and also learned about high quality customer service. They created a positive workplace culture and a fair learning environment.
Great company but some people get stuck in place.
Meat Department Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 4, 2017
Working all parts of department, from direct customer service to packing out product and cutting meats and cleaning. My department managers and there were seven of them in ten years were stressed out. Some managers were friendly and fair. Some were too stressed and not a great fit for the job. Hardest part is no advancement in ten years. Enjoyable part is lots of very nice people to work with and learning to work well with the public.
Pros
Wegmans has things figured out.
Cons
Management people don't have a chance to learn thier jobs and are moved tooo quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3