Wegmans Employee Reviews

Found 1,181 reviews matching the search
Family oriented enviroment, great company
Customer Service Produce (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 27, 2015
I started at the break of dawn most mornings, pulling shrink and replenishing shelves with new product. Each employee had a particular zone of the produce floor they were responsible for maintaining through out the day. Freshness and quality were top priorities for the produce. Customer interaction was the bright point of the days duties. I learned an tremendous amount of product knowledge and how to apply that knowledge to preparing healthy meals. Management was the best I have experienced thus far. I didn't find any parts of my job particularly hard because I enjoyed what I was doing.
Pros
Benefits, Location
Love working here!
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Blasdell, NYAugust 5, 2016
I love working in the produce department. Wegmans is really great about holding my job for when I go to college. A typical day includes restocking shelves, unloading trucks, breaking down pallets, and providing exceptional customer service. I've learned a lot about different fruits and vegetables and how orders are placed. The management is great and very easy to work with. The overall environment is relaxed, yet we always get the work done. I love all of my co-workers as well. The hardest part of the job is sometimes we do not have a product in stock and it is difficult to fill the spot on the shelf. The most enjoyable part is bonding with my co-workers, meeting new people, and making customers' day easier.
Pros
Good pay, great food, fun environment, great to employees
Cons
do not always have product in stock, sometimes difficult customers
Fast pace working environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Setting up the cases for customers to enjoy food and groceries. I learning that you need to keep up with your time-management or you fall behind. Management is great here, thats why I would like to be a manager somewhere someday. People interaction is the best part of the job.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
short breaks and no health insurances for part-timers
Good Life/ Work Balance
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 27, 2017
Wegmans is a wonderful part time job. The work environment is positive, Management will work with your schedule. Scheduling days off is not an issue.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly but feels like they really know how to press a stress factor
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 16, 2017
Although working here is honestly fun and can feel rewarding...sometimes management just seems really unappreciative of what people do and like to point fingers that the little people are not working hard enough
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
dont always expect to feel appreciated, unnecessary stress factors
Fun and informative workplace
Deli Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYNovember 28, 2016
Wegmans is a great company to work for, I've gained a lot of knowledge while being here, my coworkers are great, love working with them, management does great with flexibility and are always going out of their way to see us improve or gain more experience in different departments.
Pros
Great management, break room always stocked with free food
benefits
Baker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2016
Sick time is good for part time workers. Good place to work for part time workers good benefits The first two years were good when the son stepped down as CEO the everything changed.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
lack of consistent managers
Very friendly staff and always a welcoming environment
Customer Service Representative /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDDecember 20, 2015
I learned a lot of core values working at Wegmans, it shows that people always be courteous to one another and have plenty of customer service skills. There was never a dull day, employees and management were always kind and concerned for our well being. A typical day at work included signing in and just doing your job while having some laughs with co-workers, and always talking to customers. It was very enjoyable each day, the hardest part would be getting the hang of training at first then everything is easy.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Short breaks
overall good place to work for
Night Coordinator-Pizza & Sub (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 19, 2016
coming in see who is on shift, any orders that need to be made during the night. fill in where ever needed. put any employee who needs a break fill in where ever needed. help close. the management seems to be uneasy with their jobs. putting them in the position for them to make it or fail. overall the employees were great. this was the best part of the job was the employees.
Pros
the benifets
Cons
always short handed
Wegmans Warehouse treated all their employees like family
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at Wegmans is awesome. You learn how to safely operate machinery such as pallet jacks and forklifts. Also how to properly build a sturdy pallet. Management is fair. When its time to joke around they joke, and if its time for discipline they will do so. Co-workers are all like family and friends. Never a dull moment. Nothing about the Job is difficult. I enjoy everything about the job.
Friendly working environment for all
Bakeshop Assistant Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2016
Wegmans is a fun and friendly workplace. I learned that teamwork helps to complete the biggest or smallest of tasks. You instantly make friends on the job. Hardest part of the job is shifts can be scattered depending on your PT/FT status. Enjoy making a difference to co-workers and customers.
Pros
PTO, benefits
Enjoyable work environment with many opportunities.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJFebruary 20, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for this company. The pay was great for just starting out. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help. Plenty of opportunities for advancement if you are a hard worker.
Worked as a Cashier, Florist, selling culture, and Deli
strong customer service (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJanuary 26, 2017
I started working Cashier, when I turned 18 I moved to the Floral department to work with the flowers, worked most days as the only person in the department. Slowly was shifted to the Selling Culture which handed out free samples and tried to sell food items. Eventually ending up in the Deli department.
Pros
High end grocery store
Cons
grocery store
not great for family life
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 11, 2016
Work when they say or else.
Do Not question management or else.
leave toolbox locked sit in office talk to boss, your the "GOLDEN CHILD"
Danny IS NOT getting the bang for his buck!
But if you agree and are friends with management Your in.
No opinion or else.
If You work for your pay and try to do a good job, your OUT.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rewards the lazy peope
Fun Place to Work with Great Management Team
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAAugust 3, 2016
My typical day at Wegmans behind the Service Desk would be fielding customer complaints, processing returns/refunds, answering phones, selling and cashing out Lottery, and handling MoneyGram transactions. The job often called for assistance from management, who were always incredibly helpful and quick in their approach to customers and my own questions. Working with one other coworker at a time called for a level of cooperation that was a great learning experience; working with a particular person could change the entire shift from better to worse. This was the hardest part of the job, in fact actually working alone and handling a constant stream of customers was my favorite part - dealing with coworkers and their own habits could be frustrating. Most importantly, I learned how to deliver a patient and professional presence when dealing with customers and my management team and how to calmly handle difficult situations.
A great place to work with a good family culture
Sushi Chef (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Wegmans is definitely a good place to start your first job. It has job evaluation and promotion within the company. People are friendly, and the team leaders are understanding with your needs. My team leader is pretty flexible with scheduling.
Easy Going Workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYFebruary 15, 2017
The management was willing to work with everyone on their own personal needs. The only problem was this led to employee disagreements that went on for far too long since management was unwilling to crack down on certain people.
Pros
Communicative Management, Great Breaks
Cons
Toxic inter-employee relationships
Plenty of experience - applied several times - no go
a never hired (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PASeptember 16, 2016
Warrington - Not even a call back. I called 2 times back for fist time applied and once for the second time. I have experience in 3 supermarkets in 4 different positions. A total of 11 years! The only thing I can think of is that they want to find low wage workers and have no management positions they want to give up. No call backs after two apps and 4 calls. Oh well on to the next place
Pros
non
Cons
mangement doesn't know how to use a phone
Wegmans a pretty good place to work
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Don't get me wrong I loved working at Wegmans but unfortunately the managers were only in their positions due to them being "lifers". They were for the most part incompetent and you had to figure most of what you needed on your own. The customers were great 99% of the time and the cashiers were great to work with. Honestly a great place to work; ignoring the store management issue.
Pros
Top Companies to work for
Cons
Management is off in space
Everything is awful except your close coworkers
Baker (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAOctober 9, 2015
Wegman's is said to be the #1 company in America... That may be true in other stores but Downingtown Wegman's is a mess. The benefits are great sure... if you qualify. Management is absolutely atrocious, they don't do any work but they'll spend all day gossiping with each other. If you aren't a manager then you are treated like trash and yes, managers have been known to purposefully sabotage employees and customers through neglect and poor ethics. Also they will cheat you out of pay that you're entitled to if you don't keep constant track of your hours and basically hold their hand until they pay you what you deserve. If you want to work for Wegman's it's a great start to any fulfilling career... Just don't go to Downingtown, Pennsylvania for a job there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wegmans. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3