Wegmans

Wegmans Employee Reviews

An amazing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 25, 2015
for it to be a busy store, Wegmans does their best to make their employees happy. We worked with a lot of very rude customers but they do their best to make our day and attitudes as positive as possible.
Great first job.
Accounting Office (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2015
This company was my first employer and I have had no problems over the past 6 years with them. The culture is unique to this company.
Good place to work after school
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee), Dickson City, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: really good management
really good place to work after school, great benefits and pay, love my managers. great company overall,nothing bad to say
Awesome Place to Work
Cashier, Grocery, Dairy (Current Employee), Fairport, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: 15 minute breaks, scheduling, management
I can only say great things about Wegmans. Great people to work with and since working part-time for 5 years I've learn many helpful skills that I carry onto other jobs once I graduate college. The scholarship is a nice bonus as well.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Ocean, NJMarch 20, 2015
Worked here for nine years. They always take care of their employees. Great place to learn how to interact with customers, and experience firsthand how important incredible customer service is to a company's success.
Amazing Company That Does What It Says.
Demonstration Chef/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Pros: positive and fun work environment, amazing management and coworkers, high quality products and services.
Cons: grocery hours, work most holidays
Wegmans is, hands down, the best company I have ever worked for. They focus on happy customers and employees and create a wonderful environment for both. They offer great benefits, flexible schedules, and just a wonderful atmosphere to work in. They hire people with drive and dedication; I did not work with a single person who wasnt a pleasure to work around/with. The management team is caring and understanding. They are approachable and easy to communicate with. During my time with Wegmans I was given so many opportunities to learn and grow, working in multiple departments and always having new training to take part in. Wegmans strives to be the best at what they do and they do a great job at it. Their brand is extremely high quality; and always innovating to provide the best for their employees and customers. The CEO/Owners make a point to visit each and every store and their presence is always celebrated instead of feared. The company is run more like a small business, remaining focused on what is truly important; customer satisfaction, instead of like a big company. Truly a pleasure to work for Wegmans!
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Manalapan, NJMarch 17, 2015
Pros: flexiblity, diversity
Such a great company to work for ! Management is outstanding and all my coworkers were so friendly. Wegmans is overall a wonderful company to work for they really do care about their employees
Great place to work and meet new people every day
Cashier/Bakery (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2015
Working for Wegmans has taught me a lot about time management. Currently working in the bakery, we are in constant contact with customers between writing on cakes, answering phone calls and our actual task that we are assigned to for the day. While working for the company, I've learned that the customer always comes first, that's what providing exceptional customer service really comes down too. The best part about working for one of the best companies in corporate America is the constant flow of business. There is never a dull moment, and meeting new clients each day truly is one of the most rewarding parts of the job!
Wegmans is a family friendly company.
Merchandising Manager & Division Coordinator (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 13, 2015
Great company to work for with great benefits offered to both part-time and full time employees. Many opportunities throughout the company for advancement and development.
Typical retail environment
Produce Customer Service (Current Employee), Liverpool, NYMarch 12, 2015
This job is incredibly easy and laid back. However the pay rate and opportunity for advancement is very scarce. On the plus side, they do offer a good benefit package.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Crofton, MDMarch 12, 2015
Very easy work really enjoyed it mangers were good pay was ok the only time it was really busy and stressful was on weekends
LOVE
Customer Service (Current Employee), Germantown, MDMarch 11, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
People here are enjoy able and easy to work with. Balancing life and work is easy and they are willing to work with you. Every couple weeks we have different employee appreciation days. We also receive a raise every six months. about 50cents . Very friendly and comfortable environment. Also you to train in other departments and explore your options. Offers a scholarship to students. Offers internships
A typical day
cashier (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: no room to grow with the company
Assists customers waiting for check out in a grocery store. Scans items, requests price checks, honors appropriate coupons, collects payment and gives change as appropriate. Responsible for counting contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift. May bag items or perform other duties as needed.
Family type environment
Baker/seller and part of the KBS Team (Current Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: health screening every six months and constant follow up.
Wegmans is a reputable company to work for known for treating their employees with care whether for their well-being or health. Working there feels like being part of a large family.
Great part time job during high school and college summers.
o Cashier/Barista/Grocer/Beer and Café Cashier (Current Employee), Nazareth, PAMarch 7, 2015
Wegmans provided a great opportunity with it's scholarship for me by allowing me to work for the company when home from college completing my education.
Good place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 5, 2015
Pros: worked with great people.
Cons: low pay.
Wegmans is great company to work for and they treat their employees well. I made lots of friends there, and enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Valued employees are the foundation to great business.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: hr on sight, occasional employee promotions, great company to work for.
Cons: if you dont like people / customers this isnt the place for you.
Wegmans does it right. As a grocery chain it delivers an outstanding experience to its customers and has the reputation to prove it. How can it deliver on such a high standard? It makes its employees feel valued.

Regularly Wegmans will sponsor employees time away from their departments to team-build or learn a new skill or just learn about the latest promotion. If a customer were to approach a clerk stocking the frozen food and ask "How to I prepare this fresh salmon?" that clerk could answer because Wegmans taught him how (despite it not being his department). If an item is featured this month - Every employee has tasted it.

Overall Wegmans pays a fair wage, doesn't skimp on raises, and promotes exclusively from within. The benefits are outstanding. The job security solid. It can be hard to get your foot in the door because people rarely leave (and some who do for "better opportunities" often come back).

It all comes down to appreciating people and Wegmans really puts its money where its mouth is.
Inventory Ordering/Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: family friendly workplace.
Cons: pay is low at first but does increase quickly
Wegman's cares about it's employees. It's evident in their scheduling, management style, and organization of the workplace,
All together
Market Café Server (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 1, 2015
Though Wegman's is a large grocery store franchise with multiple departments, the Company does a great job of bringing everyone together. The staff is friendly and detail oriented. The atmosphere is always upbeat.
Enjoyable work environment
Pricing Coordinator/Customer Service (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJMarch 1, 2015
Productive and busy work environment. Friendly coworkers and great management team. The hardest part of my job is working when the store is busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is working independently.
Headquarters