Weigels Stores, Inc.

Weigels Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Short time working
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 9, 2014
Haven't worked long enough to review. Friendly, positive people.
Fun Job, Love my customers
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: health, dental and vision even when you are part time.
Cons: stand on your feet all day.
This is a really good job for somebody that wants to get management experience and work their way up. I started out as a cashier and got promoted to a relief manager. I hope to eventually get moved up to an Assistant Manager soon. My customers are great! We have all kinds of people that come in and it is awesome to be able to make their day.
Energetic and a Go getter
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 9, 2013
Pros: i get free coffee and that i love.
Cons: no real breaks just eat and run.
In any job I am always pleasant and ready to get the day started. I am willing to learn and that i defiantly do.There are days that I have rude customers and i handle them pleasantly. I refuse to allow myself to be misery company. I work with great people in my current job and i enjoy their company through my shift. I think that having a good relationship – more... with people at work makes anyone's day more enjoyable. – less
Very fun and positive work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical work day includes opening the store, setting up the cash registers, making coffee, greeting customers, stocking and cleaning, doing invoices, handling cash, running the registers, making bank drops, making the schedules, closing the store. I learned to make manager decisions and run a store on my own. My coworkers where very dependent and – more... hard workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the new customers while i worked there. – less
GOOD COFFEE
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 14, 2013
Pros: not a normal routine
Cons: no break
I never had a basic routine that I did there. I loved that part because it was always something different going on. I learned how to operate gas pumps. Management could have been better but not bad. My co-workers weren't my type of people. The hardest part was standing for 8 hours straight. I loved it wasn't a normal routine.
FAST FUN AND FRIENDLY
Store Manager (Former Employee), NORTH SHORE DR KNOXVILLE TN , 37922August 7, 2013
Pros: no lunches
Cons: health care is expencive
I LOVE WORKING WITH PEOPLE AND GETTING TO KNOW THEM AS FRIENDS ..
was fun to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 22, 2013
Pros: i could walk to work, met different people daily.
Cons: no breaks at all, rude co-employees and manager, not enough employees for the customer flow
I enjoyed working there until i wasnt able to move up in the company and my hours were cut in half from one week to the next.
weigels
Clerk (Current Employee), Clinton, TNJuly 14, 2013
Love my most of my co workers
I love my regular customers
Typical day can sometimes be stressful
I didnt like wiegels 68
cashier (Former Employee), Morristown,tnMay 21, 2013
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no breaks, no discount on food, rude polysemous at #68
I didnt like working for wiegels #68, you dont get anybreaks, stand on feet for 9 hours straight, employee cussed and was rude, dont get any benefits for part time, had to go 1 hour away for drug test without being paid for mileage and go to a meeting a hour away without any paid mileage. Ask before you get hired. Helping and serving people was okay.
GREAT!
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 22, 2013
Great manager, hours were a little short than expected, opportunity advancements, overtime offered, steady leadership
Great Management
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 13, 2013
The management at the Weigel's I worked at was always willing to work with their employees, especially for those that were attending school but still trying to work full time.
Not a good place to work unless you have now where else to go.
Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 20, 2013
Pros: customers
Cons: poor management
Long hours, minimal breaks, no benefits. Do not appear to be following labor laws. Stores cleanliness not adequately maintained. They prefer to work with minimal staff and have the people on hand do it all. If you like working like a slave for minimal pay, this is the job for you.
Want to work with the public? Here is your place:
Store Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: wonderful customers and commission
Cons: six day work week
A typical day for a manager is a 10 hour shift either opening or closing the store. Handling any issues that may come up, taking care of the customers, stocking, cleaning, doing paperwork, and ensuring your employees are staying on ask. Although you get to work with some amazing people and get to meet all kinds of people. The customers are definately – more... what makes the job. The hardest part of the job is the demanding hours. A min. of 58 hours a week with 1 day off and each week the shifts rotate. – less
Great Family Company!
Cashier (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 6, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, free icee's, career path
Cons: hours for management (they work really hard)
Weigels has always treated me good. I enjoy working with all my customer and co-workers. They have an outstanding training program and a career path if you want to move into management.
Great family company!
Cashier (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 5, 2012
Pros: free drinks, flexible hours and career opportunities.
Cons: management works alot of hours.
Weigels can be a really fun place to work I really felt like I was part of the family. I enjoy working with everyone at my location and the fact that I was part of a local company that supports our the areas we live in is great. The customers are always nice and I couldn't think of any other job where you can come in and make peoples day every day.

Management – more... works really hard and I always looked forward to the annual service award banquets. – less
Not a job I would go back to unless there was no choice!
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNOctober 10, 2012
Pros: nice staff, free drinks with your own cup.
Cons: dingy stores, very low pay, left alone in the small stores
Weigel's is a company that has a very small base area with a lot of stores in it. I thought the people were nice overall but I didn't like the environment of most of their stores. Some were dirty and not very inviting. The pay was not good at all for the work put in.
Weigels
Stock Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 19, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: unequal treatment of employees.
I saw a big turn over in employees, but the job was good as part time.

About Weigels Stores, Inc.

Apply online for a career opportunity at www.weigels.com. At Weigel's our success is our people; from the beginning our business – Read more

Weigels Stores, Inc. Photos