Weigels Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJune 27, 2017
Working here was a good job management wasn't. At the location I worked the manager didn't do what she said she was going to do but my regular customers and stuff like that made my day of course just like any job that you work at you start getting your regulars and that's what makes coming to work easier
Not bad, but you can't always believe what your told
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 5, 2017
Overall I enjoy working for the company, but it's definitely hard with a family at home and working mainly nights. I was told that I would be promoted after 60 days and it's currently going on 90 and still nothing. So, it's hard to enjoy work when you begin to feel that you're not valued as an employee.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No breaks, Long hours
It was a relaxed place to work had good team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37920May 28, 2017
I learned that I can handle the store being fun over packed and I can still take great care of my customers, Weigels was very unique to work for they had there ways of doing things and that's how they wanted it. My manager was very understanding and gave me great advice. I learned a lot from working there.
Great opportunities to advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMay 9, 2017
Great management, I personally love my manager. Breaks are short and if you don't speak up you don't always receive one. They only provide 1 shirt for cashiers any more you have to buy yourself. Benefits are good the vision and dental plan is cheap. Very understanding for medical excuses for call outs. They call weigels a family environment and you feel it. Free fountain refills. The starting pay is low but lots of room to move up. I love that they only promote from within the company. Everyone in higher management was once a cashier.
Pros
Free fountain refills
Cons
Short breaks, low starting pay
it depends where you work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2017
You could either have a great store or a bad store, the manager could be completely intolerable and you can also have a ton of problems with co workers not coming in or just bsing.
Love the job
STORE MANAGER & MASTER TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Loudon, TNApril 8, 2017
I love my job just at the highest level for the moment. Looking for something to challenge me. The company is very nice and Christmas party are great.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
I'm driving to far from home.
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TNMarch 21, 2017
Working at weigel's was ok. I would give them a 2 week or 1 month notice that i would need this day off and sometimes would not get it. The work place was ok sometimes there would be drama in the store.
a day at weigels
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Plains, TNMarch 14, 2017
I enjoyed the pay and being able to talk to the customers but, they had no trust with their employees and didn't care if you got hurt or not.I liked doing the cooler but somethings were hard to lift and they said pretty much deal with it. I did not like working til midnight and then coming right back in at 7am either.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
bad bosses
Low wages
Food Services/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMarch 14, 2017
The company did not pay good wages. I was told I would receive raise after 90 days, did not happen. I only received a .25 raise after 3 yrs of employment. Within a 7.5 hrs work day, there wasn't a 30 min lunch break given, only 1 or 2 short (< 10 min) break allowed per shift.
Cool but broken promises
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 9, 2017
I have worked with weigel's for a year and a half now and it's just now starting to shiw it's true side. I was promised to be moved up in positions and they have now gave it to someone else whi has been here for just two weeks now. I went through no training but learned everything on my own and was thrown into performing the job duties of my next highest and promised to be moved up as soon as we had the people to cover for my official training. But instead i got relocated and denied to grow higher.
Pros
Free refills at your store
Cons
No breaks unless you smoke.
enjoying the people you meet
Manager (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNMarch 7, 2017
Loving everything about it learning how to deal with different cultures coming in the store and making sure to have what the customers need and want.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
long days
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 2, 2017
Weigel's a great place to work at, they do however have a few hiccups, as any job would. The rewards system is not a great system it only saves customers on gas if they have the credit card version.
Pros
Not too hard get along with team members and management
Cons
Hard to get breaks
Unorganized.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, TNFebruary 21, 2017
When I started they were very difficult. The manager along the store never talked to me she would just look at me very mean. They gave me a little of codes that was three pages long that I had to memorize in two days. And that was my training. It wasn't a good job for me.
Fast paced enviroment
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Weigel's is a growing and fast paced environment. Understand that you will be REQUIRED to be on call and work harder than you can ever imagine.
Pros
working with co-workers
Cons
long hours for less pay
Under managed corporate structure, Stuck in the 1950's
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Store levelJanuary 10, 2017
This company has potential to grow but the corporate overhead is poorly managed and maintained. If you are not an over achiever and can look the other way you will do well within this company.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Corporate driven
Productive and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corryton, TNJanuary 2, 2017
Enjoyed my co workers and getting to know the regular customers. Fast paced but fumes work environment. Would definitely suggest the weigels stores as a good place to work.
Lots of Stores To Work For
Assistant manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 7, 2016
You run on your feet all day typically about 6-8 hours straight running register. making coffee, filling up items that get used periodically. management was great, co workers are very kind and helpful, hardest part of the job was late night paperwork(management only), most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of people i met. i have a very outstanding personality and customers as well as employees liked me.
Pros
Advancement, and free Weigels coffee
Cons
Corporate Big Wigs!!!
Good job, not appreciated.
Manager (Former Employee) –  ManyDecember 5, 2016
This is a good job, but they should lower there standards for people. It can be a career, but is horrible to stay in. Overworked, under appreciated, and under paid.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay, upper management, corporate
just a number
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 29, 2016
this is a tough place to work not much help from distrect mangers or the head office if you work at an old store you will never get a bounes ever just wont happen
Worked too many hours
C Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNNovember 12, 2016
Working in the c-store was and is a very hard job. Learned how the run a store on very little staff. Co-workers come and go, they were hard to keep. I most enjoyed being able to work at other stores.
Pros
Working hard
Cons
Working 6days a week at 60 plus hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weigels Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8