Weigels Stores | Weigels Stores, Inc. Employee Reviews

Too stressful and underpaid
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, TNOctober 16, 2017
The salary here is a joke. You start at $8.50 and only get a $0.50 raise for relief management. There is way too much work drama and it is very obvious that the management picks favorites and goes out of their way to give those they don't like a hard time. The store is extremely stressful due to the high volume of both customers and truck drivers, and there are no bonuses, barely any PTO (1 week a year) and generally np incentative to stay and try to move up. They only promote the employees they like. Corporate employees are also a joke, and there is no such thing as discounts on anything within the store for employees.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, lunch, stressful, low pay, no advancement, drama
Do not work here
Casher, Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNOctober 5, 2017
Do not work here. You will hate your life. Hours are insane. Pay is too low. Management is terrible. I have never worked for a company that cared less for its employees.
Frindly Customers
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 27, 2017
Working at Weigels has been an adventure. Most of the customers are friendly and courteous, how ever you still get a few who are not. I have met some very interesting people at weigels
Pros
meeting new people
Not good
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TNSeptember 15, 2017
They over work you and dont pay you enough for all the time and effort you put in. I worked 60 to 70 hours a week and never was once told good job, I worked there almost 3 years and never got a raise.
very unorganized and not open to change
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dandridge, TNSeptember 7, 2017
overworked employees, didn't give pay raises, bad turnover, bad management. Most of the customers are rude. They do free food for Christmas but you have to drive to Knoxville for it. Work all holidays. No lunch breaks. No sitting down. Management works 10+ hours 6 days a week. Unlimited hours since help don't stick around.
Pros
always can pick up hours
Cons
no home life working in management
Environment
Shift Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
Fast pace environment and friendly people. Good company, but lacking in hiring enough people to fill the needs of the customers, requiring the faithful employees to work in a stressful environment.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough employee help
Work Became Life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 3, 2017
Work life balance is impossible working 55 hours a week! You have to been full time for a year before you get a paid vacation and five years before you get two weeks paid.
I would recommend to a friend with a tolerance.
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 1, 2017
The store that I work for is very strict on following corporate policies (as it should be). I like it because it maintains the reputation that weigels has. Depending on which store you work for, be prepared to basically be on-call. I've gone 2+ weeks without a day off due to co-workers being sick, store being short staffed etc. Starting pay is bologna. 8/hr. But advancement relatively easy to achieve. I was promoted once and given a raise twice in a 3 month period. If you work hard, are open to constantly learning, and show that you care you will have no problems. Downside is that there can be drama. Depends what kind of person your store manager is. Basically, what you put into the job is what you'll get back. Overall, solid 8/10.
Pros
Friendly environment, flexible scheduling, regular customers are a hoot
Cons
Standing for long periods (comes with the job), no such thing as an employee discount
Fast paced environment
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevier County, TNAugust 28, 2017
Weigel's is a fast paced work environment. Most locations will have as little as 3 employees per shift. This can cause for employees to be overwhelmed. Corporate has high expectations, but does not always allow for adequate resources and coverage. The higher up the chain of command you are, the more stressful and difficult the shift.
Pros
Free drinks while working
Cons
Long hours, no breaks
District Managers are a joke
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 26, 2017
This company is behind in times. It is ran on the 1950's old white man system. They degrade you and treat you as a 2nd class citizen. Do not become a manager with this company they run you into the ground. They also have favorites and if you are not one of the favorites then you are treated very unfairly.
Pros
Always get hours
Cons
worst company I have ever had to work for
Loved customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 31, 2017
I loved my customers just not my assistant when my boss quit. She is a very rude human being. The company wants its workers to sacrifice everything for the company if it snows you are expected to stay at the store so it will open the next day. They only care about the money they are making not anyones life.
Mostly enjoyable
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNJuly 16, 2017
Mostly enjoyable when certain people weren't working. I moved up quickly to a relief manager position, but i was eventually bullied out by a higher up with a bad attitude.
Pros
close to home, usually friendly customers
Cons
not many breaks unless you smoke
Fast pace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNJuly 11, 2017
Not a bad place to work, very fast pace at times but all in all I would recommend it to a friend. Hours can be flexible as well as days that you need.
Easy job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 28, 2017
I had a job here as a cashier, I honestly really enjoyed it. The management positions were not family friendly, 6 days a week for about 10 hours a day.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJune 27, 2017
Working here was a good job management wasn't. At the location I worked the manager didn't do what she said she was going to do but my regular customers and stuff like that made my day of course just like any job that you work at you start getting your regulars and that's what makes coming to work easier
Unprofessional work place with unprofessional management. Fun loving customers.
Weigel's cashier (Former Employee) –  Gibbs Crossroads, TNJune 26, 2017
Unorganized, unprofessional work place with employee/manager relationship drama that caused people to get fired. Loved the customers and working the register.
Pros
Free lunch, meeting new people, working register
Cons
Unpaid breaks, drama filled work environment, short on staff everyday
Not bad, but you can't always believe what your told
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 5, 2017
Overall I enjoy working for the company, but it's definitely hard with a family at home and working mainly nights. I was told that I would be promoted after 60 days and it's currently going on 90 and still nothing. So, it's hard to enjoy work when you begin to feel that you're not valued as an employee.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
No breaks, Long hours
It was a relaxed place to work had good team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37920May 28, 2017
I learned that I can handle the store being fun over packed and I can still take great care of my customers, Weigels was very unique to work for they had there ways of doing things and that's how they wanted it. My manager was very understanding and gave me great advice. I learned a lot from working there.
Great opportunities to advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMay 9, 2017
Great management, I personally love my manager. Breaks are short and if you don't speak up you don't always receive one. They only provide 1 shirt for cashiers any more you have to buy yourself. Benefits are good the vision and dental plan is cheap. Very understanding for medical excuses for call outs. They call weigels a family environment and you feel it. Free fountain refills. The starting pay is low but lots of room to move up. I love that they only promote from within the company. Everyone in higher management was once a cashier.
Pros
Free fountain refills
Cons
Short breaks, low starting pay
Loved my job, but not the politics
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 7, 2017
I loved my job, but I did not enjoy the drama involved with it. I feel that the pay was less that what it should be and there are not any breaks or even unpaid lunches. I do not know how it is legal to refuse to allow an employee to have a lunch break when they work 8 hours or more, but that is what they do.
Pros
Cons
drama, no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weigels Stores | Weigels Stores, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7