Weight Watchers International

Weight Watchers International Employer Reviews

Great job to motivate and encourage people to lead a healthy lifestye
Leader Coach Facilitator Trainer (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 10, 2015
The best part of this job is getting to inspire and motivate others to lead a healthy lifestyle. It's why all service providers get into this job. We have lost weight with WW and truly want to help others do the same. The job itself is challenging because there is a lot of traveling around because meetings are spread out in proximity and time of day. So days are chopped up into small pieces, 2 hr meeting in one location followed by a 2 hrs off, followed by another 2hr meeting. We are paid per meeting so all down time is not paid. Co-workers in general are great to work with, all with the similar desire to help others achieve their personal weight loss goal. Once hired you must wait to get available meetings to work. It can take years to get to a full-time status.
STRONG TRAINING, WONDERFUL STAFF, COMPANY IS WORKING TO IMPROVE!
Location Coordinator/ RECEPTIONSIST (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: a nice place to work
Cons: the pay is very low and business is down so are your hours
I HAVE LEARNED A LOT HELPFUL SKILLS FROM THIS JOB AND BECOME VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE SCIENCE OF WEIGHT LOSS.

THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB ARE THE PEOPLE THAT I WORK WITH AND THE MEMBERS THAT WE WORK WITH!

THERE IS VERY LITTLE CONTACT WITH MANAGEMENT, UNLESS YOU NEED THEM. THIS CAN BE GOOD OR BAD DEPENDING ON HOW YOU VIEW IT. THERE IS A LOT OF AUTONOMY WITH THIS JOB. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT ABUSE THIS.
Rewarding position
Leader, Ambassador, Leader Coach, (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: human interaction
Cons: not a company that rewards employees
This is a very rewarding job, just not financially. Seeing people change their lives, day by day, week by week they cure themselves with food, its amazing. But you cannot survive on the salary
Productive and team oriented
Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free fruits available everyday
Cons: long days
Extremely busy work days as typically your department is working with the minimal of head count, so you are required at times to do the work of more than one person.
Wonderful place to work, love helping others
LEADER, Location Coordinator, Public Speaker (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 3, 2014
Pros: independance, fun, job satisfaction
Cons: lots of driving, schedule always changing
It is great to use my gifts and talents to help others be successful and have healthier and happier lives.
Rewarding
Service Provider (Current Employee), Jericho, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Not going to make you rich but very rewarding job. Pay is decent as long as membership and product sales are up.
Rewarding but stressful
Receptionist/Leader/Location Coordinator/Mentor (Former Employee), Longview, WASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: the members
Cons: poor management and low wages
A typical day at work would be, weighing in members, supporting the members by giving them encouragement to continue on with their weight loss journey and selling Weight Watcher products.

Being an employee for Weight Watchers for seven years, I was able to learn great customer service skills, working with computers and different computer programs and other office equipment. I learned how to do inventory and order supplies. I also learned training and mentoring skills.

At Weight Watchers the co-workers varied, for the most part, most of them were very enjoyable to work with, and there was were others that were not so enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the poor management and you were expected to perform different roles while getting paid the same rate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the members and watching them succeed and achieve their goals. I still have connections with a lot of members.
Informative and flexible
Receptionist and Location Coordinator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free program, healthy program to follow
Cons: not many meetings to work
Busy and productive is a usual day. Members teach me many aspects of how Weight Watchers is a positive influence in their lives. The leaders are very supportive to staff and members. The most difficult part of this job is finding meetings to work. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the members succeed with the program.
Best CoWorkers and Members
Territory Manager (Former Employee), NY NYJune 13, 2014
Pros: the ww members you interact with and coach, flexibility
Cons: corporate staff
The Mission and Values of the company are wonderful, but not carried out by upper management. The Field Operations Teams are the best and work so hard only to have things changed in a flash moment with inconsistent communication. Probably the most flexible work schedule but underpaid on all levels.

You won't get better and more invested staff than those working in the the meeting rooms. That's the heart of the business.
Wonderful work envioronment
Administrative Assistant Human Resources (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: free weight watchers books and items
Cons: little room for advancement
A typical day at work consisted of typing correspondence and arranging meetings and events for employees and executives. I learned how to be the best right hand person for all executives that I would be working for. Management was very respectful. Our coworker environment was like a family. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines when there were last minute changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people throughout the United States.
Never bored
Territory Manager Northern California (Former Employee), Jericho, NYMay 18, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: not always as forward thinking as we needed to be
No one day was typical -- A typical month would be supporting the staff in all capacities, training, hiring, coaching/ development along with HR issues. We also responded to corporate needs daily--our job was to increase revenue, grow the business through skill development of staff, by being in the right locations and staying within budget.
I learned flexibility, delegation and knew having the right talent would give me the bottom line results
Management remained constant -- have the right talent and that will bring member success. .
My co workers were awesome, we worked as a team in Northern California and shared our creativity.
Hardest part of the job was finding a good balance between work and my personal life. My job played a big role in my social life as well and I made long and lasting friendships.
This was a fun, entrepreneurial company to work for.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Troy, NYApril 28, 2014
A great place to work right out of grad school. Everyone that worked there was innovative and we learned how to try new things.
Exceptional Weight Loss Program
Former Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
Leader in the Weight Loss Industry with strong delivery platforms including in person and on-line. The commitment to customers is not always true for employees.
Okay place to work
Sr. Systems Engineer / Project Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Technical support team is very knowledgeable in every aspect of the IT market.
Flexibility in schedule was great
Territory Manager (Former Employee), westchester, nyMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed creating my own schedule. Managing the staff and making every day different.
Best Company to work
Technical Lead/SR.Oracle EBS Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
I have been working since six years, It's a outstanding organization in newyork city ..
Weight loss mentor
Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: members!
Cons: corporation
A typical meeting consists of setting up meeting room, products and reception area.
Weigh members and offer support
Lead meeting that gives support and encouragement that may be on a variety of weight related topics.
My expereince at weight watchers inc.
Tally Clerk (Former Employee), Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2013
Pros: learning how to audit and tally a form
Cons: pay
This is a great company to work for when at entry level base. I learned how do data entry of processing orders. And I met some nice and amazing people while here. If you don't mind sitting in a chair and sitting glued in front of a computer than this company is the right position for you.
Limited job opportunities & Very competative.
Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee), Pinole, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: 50% off merchandise, able to continue going to my regular weight watchers meeting.
Cons: not enough job shifts and too many employees.
I would have long periods of time between when I would get my training and actually work. I haven't worked a full shift since I started 7 months ago. I've only done training in person and on the computer.
Collaborative environment with people that want to do good
Field Communications Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Co-workers at Weight Watchers are in it for the right reasons. Everyone is passionate about helping others loose weight in a healthy way. Many of their hires are past or current participants of the program!