Weight Watchers International Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSNovember 15, 2017
The overall part of the job was OK. The part that I disliked about the job was that there was no place for advancement in the company. I was there almost 10 years and was not getting the recognition that I think I deserved. Other than that the job was okay.
Weight Watchers is an International Company.
Weight Watchers Leader (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 13, 2017
As a Leader at Weight Watchers you are expected to prepare for meetings topics to be discussed at meetings. As an At Work Leader you are required to bring equipment and supplies. For the meeting to be held at At Work location.
Pros
Employees are friendly, most members are friendly
Cons
Carry supplies, have to provide $50 bank and use your own checking account to write checks for the company.
I enjoyed helping people achieve weight loss success
Certified Class Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 11, 2017
Working at Weight Watchers gave me the opportunity to introduce my community to a weight loss plan that would lead them to a health life style. At each meeting I walked away with the knowledge that someone was helped that day.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Changes in the company format
Not at good time at the company.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2017
I worked at WW during a time of great transition. They had just replaced the CEO and I had 3 different VP leaders before I left. It was a stressful and unstable environment with sales in decline at the time.
I like the health/wellness orientation
Receptionist/Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 19, 2017
I most enjoy the face-to-face interactions with members and service providers. The hardest part of the job occurs at keeping abreast of overlapping promotions.
Pros
discounts
Cons
requires moderate amount of work at home for training/planning for meetings.
Ok
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 18, 2017
It is and alright company to work for . Not the best but by far not the worst . A little unorganized and the pay could be a lot better but overall it's a job
Fun, competitive environment
Network Architect/Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Fun environment when i worked there. Very competitive, great exposure to hardware; the latest and greatest. Mike Kleinberg was a great manager. Great mentor.
Friendly smiles
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 28, 2017
You meet alot of new people on a daily basis. Helping members succeed on their journey. Caring weigh ins to help members feel comfortable t be there. Hardest part of the job is working split shifts.
Pros
Discount on produccts
Cons
split shift hours
Developed self esteem by standing in front of an audience
Weight Watchers Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day involved going to the pay to get cash for the meeting. Driving to the meeting location and setting up room and products for sale to customers. Received customers as they arrived. Set up flowchart for meeting and arrange magic markers for use. Weighed in customers, took payments and directed customers to chairs. Conducted lecture, answered questions, sold products after meeting. At the end of meeting counted cash and made deposits to bank and filled out report and faxed to District Manager.
Pros
Free membership and Weight Watchers products
Cons
Didn't receive much pay for hours put into job and miles traveled
Weight Watchers International was a great part time position
Weight Watchers Leader (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 27, 2017
As a successful member of WW International, I decided to work to inspire others. The company is remote and therefore it is difficult to work for. However, the local management was wonderful.
Supportive place to work
Part-time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Highland, INSeptember 26, 2017
I left because I had gained too much weight back. Weight Watchers has a requirement that service providers have to be at their goal weight. You work meetings and help people achieve their weight loss goals.
Pros
Free meetings
okay place to work
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 12, 2017
weight watchers was an okay place to work the management and co workers were very nice but the pay isnt good enough for the type of stress that you go through each and everyday
good customer service skills
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VTSeptember 7, 2017
Weight Watchers was a great place to work on a short term basis. I enjoyed the interaction with the members each week. The discounts were helpful to maintain your weight as an employee.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
hard to get substitutes
Great staff and members
Receptionist, leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 7, 2017
Low pay wages and no compensation for all the travel. Lots of locations in several cities with no extra pay for travel, gas and time.
I spent a great deal of time preparing flip charts for meeting and received no pay for time.
Part-time job, helped clients with weight loss journey
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 31, 2017
I was hired after accomplishing my weight loss goal. I worked as a receptionist at Weight Watcher meetings, working with the members and staff, collecting money, and selling WW products. The most enjoyable aspect of this job is cheering on member's weight losses, and encouraging those members who struggled on their journey.
Pros
Kept my own weight off, product discounts
Cons
Low monetary compensation
Always felt that the work you performed was always recognized
Procurement Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
WW was a great company to work for. Originally it was owned by the HJ Heinz people and started to falter. Eventually, we were purchased by an Investment firm that took the company public and turned the whole place around working mostly online instead of traditional meetings.
Love the work, and the members
Meeting Leader, Receptionist, coach, LC (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2017
Unfortunately Weight watchers has a hard time keeping up with technology and the people in the corporate office have obsolutely no idea what is going on in the field, nor does it seem they care. AFter 9 years, I feel the customer care service is more than inadaquate. They are horrible at advancement as a whole, and they are overpriced for the member, and under paid for the employees as a organization. The processed foods they offer are sad and horrible for members as well. They really are a great company with a heart in general but truly need to update and speed up if they are to survive in the health industry.

They also let people who have been with the company for years as a leader stay on when they have no desire to further the company's new goals or initiatives. They don't inforce in the field the changes they want to make and let substandard leader represent they company. They are afraid to clean house of all the 60 and 70 year old women that aren't willing to make the necessary changes to further the brand
Pros
Members, flexibility of schedule
Cons
inability to attract and keep quality staff due to lack of full time opp.
Part time job
Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
Working with individuals to motivate and teach about proper weight loss. This was a part time job that paid by the meeting. It has been a long time since working there and I am not sure how the culture has changed.
Productive and fun workplace
Digital Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2017
Weight Watchers International has a collaborative, work hard, play hard culture. The company strives to create experiences that change lives and continuously proves to do so with the help of its amazing employees and the companies core values are instilled in all the work they do.
Over all I loved counseling the members
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Weight Watchers but had to leave due to family needs at the time. My favorite part of the job was helping the members. I learned a lot about other peoples needs and that we were all not much different from each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weight Watchers International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9