Weight Watchers International

Weight Watchers International Employer Reviews

Wonderful work envioronment
Administrative Assistant Human Resources (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: free weight watchers books and items
Cons: little room for advancement
A typical day at work consisted of typing correspondence and arranging meetings and events for employees and executives. I learned how to be the best right hand person for all executives that I would be working for. Management was very respectful. Our coworker environment was like a family. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines when there – more... were last minute changes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people throughout the United States. – less
Never bored
Territory Manager Northern California (Former Employee), Jericho, NYMay 18, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: not always as forward thinking as we needed to be
No one day was typical -- A typical month would be supporting the staff in all capacities, training, hiring, coaching/ development along with HR issues. We also responded to corporate needs daily--our job was to increase revenue, grow the business through skill development of staff, by being in the right locations and staying within budget.
I learned – more... flexibility, delegation and knew having the right talent would give me the bottom line results
Management remained constant -- have the right talent and that will bring member success. .
My co workers were awesome, we worked as a team in Northern California and shared our creativity.
Hardest part of the job was finding a good balance between work and my personal life. My job played a big role in my social life as well and I made long and lasting friendships. – less
This was a fun, entrepreneurial company to work for.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Troy, NYApril 28, 2014
A great place to work right out of grad school. Everyone that worked there was innovative and we learned how to try new things.
Exceptional Weight Loss Program
Former Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
Leader in the Weight Loss Industry with strong delivery platforms including in person and on-line. The commitment to customers is not always true for employees.
Okay place to work
Sr. Systems Engineer / Project Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Technical support team is very knowledgeable in every aspect of the IT market.
Flexibility in schedule was great
Territory Manager (Former Employee), westchester, nyMarch 31, 2014
I enjoyed creating my own schedule. Managing the staff and making every day different.
Best Company to work
Technical Lead/SR.Oracle EBS Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
I have been working since six years, It's a outstanding organization in newyork city ..
Weight loss mentor
Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: members!
Cons: corporation
A typical meeting consists of setting up meeting room, products and reception area.
Weigh members and offer support
Lead meeting that gives support and encouragement that may be on a variety of weight related topics.
My expereince at weight watchers inc.
Tally Clerk (Former Employee), Jericho, NYNovember 16, 2013
Pros: learning how to audit and tally a form
Cons: pay
This is a great company to work for when at entry level base. I learned how do data entry of processing orders. And I met some nice and amazing people while here. If you don't mind sitting in a chair and sitting glued in front of a computer than this company is the right position for you.
Limited job opportunities & Very competative.
Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee), Pinole, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: 50% off merchandise, able to continue going to my regular weight watchers meeting.
Cons: not enough job shifts and too many employees.
I would have long periods of time between when I would get my training and actually work. I haven't worked a full shift since I started 7 months ago. I've only done training in person and on the computer.
Collaborative environment with people that want to do good
Field Communications Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Co-workers at Weight Watchers are in it for the right reasons. Everyone is passionate about helping others loose weight in a healthy way. Many of their hires are past or current participants of the program!
This was a wonderful company to work for.
Food Editor (Former Employee), Jericho, NYAugust 3, 2013
This was an entry level position when I started. It became a wonderful career.
THE WORSE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!
Tally Clerk (Former Employee), Jericho, New YorkMay 27, 2013
Pros: no pros!!
MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE. ALOT OF PRESSURE FOR A 12.00 PER HOUR JOB. NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT!!! I WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR OVER 5 YEARS. I HAVE YET TO SEE 1 DOLLAR INCREASE!
Great Company to work for, free Weight Watchers Membership
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Leawood, KSMay 19, 2013
Pros: free weight watchers
Cons: expensive benefits and copays.
I like working for this company, I love the hours and co-workers are wonderful and always willing to help.
Management is a new management staff and a lot of policies and procedures have changed.
The hardest part of this job is that policies change quite often and turnover of employees and management is very high.
The most enjoyable part of this job – more... is that I love helping our members succeed and that I have lot of great co-workers. – less
Did not like it here at all
Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
The management was unprofessional, the technology was not up to the technician. For a company that deals with technology on construction sites they were poor. Never again
wonderful company
RECEPTIONIST AND LEADER (Former Employee), GeorgiaMay 4, 2013
great company who are interested in personal successes of members
Wonderful
Meeting Leader and Mentor (Former Employee), MississippiMarch 21, 2013
Pros: i was able to choose the meetings i wanted to cover and my co-workers were the best!
Cons: none!
I worked for WW for 8 years and loved it! WW was great about showing that they truly appreciated us. We were trained well and treated like royalty.
Don't do it for the money.
Meeting Leader (Current Employee), Jericho, NYJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: very satisfying and convenient.
Cons: salary and management.
The staff and members make working here a value. Salary is not a reason to work here. Wages are low. Management is not going to support you. And pressure is placed at all levels. Not a real relaxed environment if you are looking to achieve a promotion or attain recognition for a good job performance.
LOVED helping people with their good health
Leader and Mentor (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: too much travel
I absolutely loved working with people to reach their health goals!!!
They treat you like you're a volunteer, not an employee!!
Weight Watchers Leader and Location Coordinator (Former Employee), southeast kansasJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: "volunteer" time, awful management
Training systems are awful, you're expected to scroll through this "employee back-office" website to keep up on everything but the website is AWFUL. Lots of hours you never get paid for. It was great working with people to help them lose weight, but Weight Watchers sucked the joy right out of the job!

My co-worker was 100 pounds OVERWEIGHT, yet nothing – more... ever seemed to happen. I constantly had to work 4-5 hours for a meeting, but was only paid for 2.5 hours. My Territory Manager rarely returned my calls or answered my emails. There is no real "directory" for you to call anybody in the corporate office.

Great place to lose weight, AWFUL place to work! – less