Weight Watchers International

Weight Watchers International Employee Reviews

My co-workers are very supportive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEDecember 15, 2016
I arrive at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesdays & leave at 2:00. That is my inventory day, for the most part. Wednesday's & Thursadys are mostly doing some paperwork & weighting a few members.
I can be very productive, & I enjoy that.
Management pops in once in a while, sometimes once a week.
My co-workers are very supportive.
There are almost always specials going on, & they are not well explained. We have to ask lots of questions.
Getting to know new members. They are great.
Pros
Helping others to feel better about themselves.
Cons
Very little pay
Great way to help others
Leader (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Weight Watchers is a great program that helps many people. Leading meetings and helping others reach their goals is the best part of the job. The pay is low and they tend to change the program annually to boost product sales. Keeping it simple, by emphasizing their core goal of helping others become healthier would make it a more fulfilling organization.
Pros
Making a difference in peoples' lives
Cons
Low pay, push product sales
enjoyed working for a company that helps people in many ways
Administrative Assistant/member service (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 26, 2016
Great environment, working with devoted staff. The culture of this business is designed to help people gain control in their lives, through behavioral changes and a network of in person and on line support.
Pros
nice working environment
It was fun to have my own Weight Watchers account for free
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, LAJanuary 2, 2017
I liked to hear the callers tell me about their weight loss success stories and their mistakes and to also share mine. I liked it when they told me about rewards they have received for reaching their goals.
Pay and worklife
Customer Service Rep/Tech Support/Member Support (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 13, 2016
The pay was not enough to support myself. You would have to work several hours a day to be able to pay bills. Also, the change in shift hours every 3 to 4 months was very inconvenient.
Pros
work at home
Cons
pay and management
Not Enough Hours, Too Little Pay
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2016
Although working for Weight Watchers is fun and easy, the truth is that there are too many people hired for too little hours. People that have years of experience often get the positions and the newbies have to scrounge for sub positions. It is a great company and I heartily endorse their product but it is sadly disappointing.
Pros
Half off WW products.
Cons
Not enough hours
Terrible pay
Tally Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 30, 2016
Worked like a mule daily, watched like a hawk with a little bit of pay. Raises at .13 are ridiculous to get living on Long Island in Nassau County. Gave my all every day, but a fabulous yearly review doesn't pay the bills.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Low pay, terrible management
Wonderful place to work and to have job fullfillment
Weight Watchers Leader and Leader Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX Odessa, TX, Midland, TXMay 20, 2016
I love my job with Weight Watchers. Due to relocating to Odessa, Texas I am not longer able to work for WW full-time.

I managed a small team of coworkers at each meeting. I built relationships with members while coaching them to lead a healthier lifestyle. The job entails motivational speaking, leading group discussion, teaching the tracking technology, and leading by example. In order to work for WW as a Leader you have to have lost weight on the program and have kept the weight off. I lost 55 pounds in 2001 and have kept if off since then.

The hardest part of the job is keeping members motivated when they want to give up. That is also the best part of the job when members make positive changes and it impacts their life in every way.
Pros
Positive interaction with people
Cons
pay rate
Very creative environment for creatives
consulting designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2016
Excellent place for designers / art directors. However the entire art department, except the creative director, are freelancers,
Pros
great design environment
Cons
no long term benefits
friendly faces
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 14, 2016
NO matter what the assignment, the ladies I have worked with will always listen to a story, be kind, and also be a friend.. it made the hours worth it and fun while they lasted!
great place to work
Clerk (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2016
greet customers, hand out useful materials , weight each customers ,and record data recieve, ,sell and advertise meerchadise
Pros
meeting wonderful people and working with great coworkers, losing weight
Automated QA intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
Was an intern there. But loved the place. Passionate engineers working with dedicated managers and testers to design life-changing products
Overall work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 23, 2016
Employee's are friendly to work with. While working at weight watchers, I got very sick, because the work environment is dirty, the floors are dirty, the cubicles are very nasty, so you will get sick while working there, because a lot of employees did. The computers always either frozen up, or it will shut down in the middle of a call. Sometimes customers credit card charges paid for other weight watchers membership because the computer messed up, so while you will be working there expect that. You suppose to work with two computers, they never gave me an extra computer in order for me to do my job correctly. While in training I only learned a bit, but the employee's are there to assist. You will never see any help assist on the floor unless people complain. The environment is jeans are business casual, so its relaxing.
Pros
Great people to work with and relaxing in jeans
Cons
nasty environment and computer problems all the time
Always ready
Online Motivational Weight Loss Clerk/ Designer (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 15, 2016
I am looking forward to completing my goal to find a good job that will provide wealth so I can own my own businesses. I will be delighted to work for a well kept establishment.
Fun workplace with passionate people
Science and Innovation Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
The overall company culture is great, and employees in general seem to be happy. Communication between departments could be more cohesive. Lots of happy hours and other company events, but not always the most productive workplace.
great co workers
Floor Support Customer Service Level II (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMarch 31, 2016
• Provides superior customer service to all contacts by answering phones in a professional and customer-friendly manner by using the appropriate greeting, scripting and closing.
• Ensures that all responses are accurate and courteous.
• Making the caller feel engaged and well informed including making decisions in regards to account closings or refunds as they pertain to our online accounts..
• Responsible for achieving the stated production and service goals and adhering to the attendance policy.
• Resolves caller’s complaints or properly escalates to Lead Representative or a Supervisor when appropriate.
• Increases member retention by effectively utilizing skills to overcome member’s objections and/or offers another Weight Watchers product or service.
• Assist with all assignments, as requested; complete all assigned projects in a timely, logical manner and in line with management expectations.
• Responsible for leadership role as floor support assisting member and agents
My experience at Weight Watchers was positive
Tech Lead, Marketing and Customer Care Systems (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2016
My work experience at Weight Watchers has greatly contributed to my skill set. The work environment was uplifting and my co workers all have excellent skills and a positive attitude.
Very rewarding job
Leader/Center Manager/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYDecember 13, 2015
Lead and facilitate weekly mtgs, weight and motivated members to find the positive in themselves to succeed at weight loss and maintenance. Manager of centers inventory and staff. Banking, public speaking.
All weight watcher employee have been ww members so we all understand and care about each individual. It is very easy to work for Weight Watchers because it is very rewarding. I wish it could be fulltime job but because of where we live it can't be. I have worked for them for 18 yrs and many more to come. Very flexible job to fit into your schedule
Pros
Rewarding, helping people and caring about the members
Cons
not fulltime
A great place to work!
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 27, 2016
What I love about working for Weight Watchers is everyday is different. I love the work-life balance and helping people successfully lose weight!
worked independently from home office, no two days were alike
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 2, 2015
Positive affirmation through meetings for staff and members. Chance to express myself and be creative on many levels.
Computer skills used everyday from home office, meeting locations, over cell phones and tablets.
Over saw growth of customer numbers, staffing numbers and able to be involved with moving of meeting sites. Given the chance to do staff intensives, motivations and challenges to grow business.
Lots of local travel involved sometimes 100's of miles driving in a week.
Pros
Able to purchase Weight Watcher products at a discount
Cons
Not always finding the support I needed from the corporate office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weight Watchers International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9