Weil-McLain Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
very fast paced work
2) Assembly Line/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCDecember 13, 2017
assemble boilers as production requires
very well team oriented place to work
flexible work schedule
very well managed
creates a fun work envioronment
Pros
leave on lunch
Cons
temporary work
N/a
Business Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 10, 2017
Really was only with the company for a short time and really don't have a clear review to give on this company.. I worked with some very nice people for the short time I was there.
Wearing a variety of hats!
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 14, 2017
I support 2 Senior Level Directors, the General Manager, and back up support to the President of the company. I also manage the office.
Every day is an adventure! I could be setting up a corporate meeting or function in the office our out of state, booking travel, setting up interviews, greeting guests, fixing computers, ordering lunch events, making dinner reservations or helping a co-worker with a task. I like variety.
The most enjoyable part about my job is the family that I have made here and feeling a part of something good!
Intense and Hot
Melt Operator (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 12, 2017
My first industrial job. I would go back in a heart beat. Was laid off in 2011. Great people, great staff and amazing job choice. Great benefits. Friendly people.
horrible place
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCDecember 12, 2016
this company doesn't care about its employees when a supervisor can make a flat out lie and make up a conversation that never took place. just to get you fired because hes incompetent and a brown noser. working 60 hrs a week then let go for a lie do not go here they also gave me a point for missing time off because I was out with kidneys stones with a doctors note...
Pros
a check
Cons
lying cheap skates no xmas bonuses or gifts
Hard Work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Very hot environment, but learned alot about the production lines and machines. I was re-certified in fork lift at Weil McLain.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Hot work place
It was Great company, but ownership has changed and so has the company.
Territory Manager- NH/VT/Northern MA (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILNovember 4, 2014
I worked with a great group of people. My job consisted of calling on wholesale accounts and creating marketing and buy up programs. I hosted lunch and learns and trainings for contractors and sales reps.The company was publicly held and pushed hard for quarterly returns which became groveling for business at times. I did enjoy putting together promotions and contractor shows . Working with contractors and trouble shooting equipment issues is also a highlight of my job.
Transitioning from management to staff - challenging but rewarding
Sr. I.E., Supervisor Production Control & Safety (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MINovember 29, 2013
I worked on incentive system time studies, establishing standard hours/piece (pieces per hour) for the plant, resolving grievances, plant layout, equipment installations, programming equipment for production of parts, etc.. I also worked with corporate engineering design personnel in modifying designs for manufacturability. Later I absorbed the safety and production control responsibilities, plus performing cost analysis specifically related to the move of the manufacturing operations to North Carolina in 2005-2006. I also travelled to NC to assist in the startup of that plant - helping to train their personnel.
My days were fairly predictable, and varied with the immediate needs. I simply responded to current requirements and proceeded with other work as time was available.
I came to the job fairly well experienced in its requirements, although I learned the MAPICS system, various quality programs, and other systems. My co-workers were excellent, almost without exception.
The hardest part of the job was the general attitude some had toward an IE, but I already knew how to respond and handled them professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was doing a good job and was respected.
Pros
Good management and working conditions.
Cons
They moved out of town before I was ready!
Good Place to work ,with good compensation Package.
Material Handler (Forklift operator) (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJune 7, 2013
High Productivity ,Very Demanding Quota Ratios. Good Environment to Work in (Air conditioned)
Pros
Free Lunches for saftey Awards, Good Bonuses.
Cons
Lack of Job Security-- I was Laid Off with Severance Package.
Highly Productive & Enjoyable Environment.
Material Handler (Forklift operator) (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJune 4, 2013
Good working conditions with rewarding Compensation plus benifits.
Pros
Free Lunches &Extra Bonus for Meeting Quotas.
Cons
Was Permanently Layed due to Downturn In Econmy.
Was an engaging business to work for many years. I learned a great many skills and employee development was important to Weil McLain
Accounting Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 30, 2012
I started at Weil McLain in the mailroom and worked my way up to the accounting team lead position. Aquired many skills and was allowed many opportunites to improve personal development. The most enjoyable project at Weil McLain was being part of a cross functional team that impletmented Kronos a new time and attendance system for both Weil-McLain in Michigan City and in Eden, North Carolina.
Pros
employee development, flexible work schedule when needed
Cons
company chose to move many jobs to a new division office in chicago

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weil-McLain. Our community is ready to answer.