Weil-McLain

Weil-McLain United States Employee Reviews

It was Great company, but ownership has changed and so has the company.
Territory Manager- NH/VT/Northern MA (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILNovember 4, 2014
I worked with a great group of people. My job consisted of calling on wholesale accounts and creating marketing and buy up programs. I hosted lunch and learns and trainings for contractors and sales reps.The company was publicly held and pushed hard for quarterly returns which became groveling for business at times. I did enjoy putting together promotions and contractor shows . Working with contractors and trouble shooting equipment issues is also a highlight of my job.
Transitioning from management to staff - challenging but rewarding
Sr. I.E., Supervisor Production Control & Safety (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MINovember 29, 2013
Pros: good management and working conditions.
Cons: they moved out of town before i was ready!
I worked on incentive system time studies, establishing standard hours/piece (pieces per hour) for the plant, resolving grievances, plant layout, equipment installations, programming equipment for production of parts, etc.. I also worked with corporate engineering design personnel in modifying designs for manufacturability. Later I absorbed the safety and production control responsibilities, plus performing cost analysis specifically related to the move of the manufacturing operations to North Carolina in 2005-2006. I also travelled to NC to assist in the startup of that plant - helping to train their personnel.
My days were fairly predictable, and varied with the immediate needs. I simply responded to current requirements and proceeded with other work as time was available.
I came to the job fairly well experienced in its requirements, although I learned the MAPICS system, various quality programs, and other systems. My co-workers were excellent, almost without exception.
The hardest part of the job was the general attitude some had toward an IE, but I already knew how to respond and handled them professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing that I was doing a good job and was respected.
Good Place to work ,with good compensation Package.
Material Handler (Forklift operator) (Former Employee), Eden, NCJune 7, 2013
Pros: free lunches for saftey awards, good bonuses.
Cons: lack of job security-- i was laid off with severance package.
High Productivity ,Very Demanding Quota Ratios. Good Environment to Work in (Air conditioned)
Highly Productive & Enjoyable Environment.
Material Handler (Forklift operator) (Former Employee), Eden, NCJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches &extra bonus for meeting quotas.
Cons: was permanently layed due to downturn in econmy.
Good working conditions with rewarding Compensation plus benifits.
Was an engaging business to work for many years. I learned a great many skills and employee development was important to Weil McLain
Accounting Team Lead (Former Employee), Michigan City, INJuly 30, 2012
Pros: employee development, flexible work schedule when needed
Cons: company chose to move many jobs to a new division office in chicago
I started at Weil McLain in the mailroom and worked my way up to the accounting team lead position. Aquired many skills and was allowed many opportunites to improve personal development. The most enjoyable project at Weil McLain was being part of a cross functional team that impletmented Kronos a new time and attendance system for both Weil-McLain in Michigan City and in Eden, North Carolina.