Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews in United States

Independence and self motivation required
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
In this position as a research nurse, you are responsible for your duties independently. There is nobody telling you how or when to do it, but you better get it done! If you prefer to take your time and work extra hours (without overtime because it's a salary position), then you can. You are given a lot of responsibility. Self motivation and diligence is a must!
Pros
benefits allow you to see any Weill Cornell Physician. Set your own hours
Cons
Lack of support
High Quality/high level but poor work/life balance
Postdoctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2016
Despite the level of the research was high quality and working at WCMC would definitely look good on your CV, the environment is highly competitive and there is not much free time away from the lab.
Pros
Good research
Cons
Not much free time
Quiet, yet diligent work office environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
Great people, low impact work, quiet environment. EPIC certification is necessary to advance in your career here. Overtime is smiled upon, but not always generally available. A full work week consists of 35 hours worked.
Great place to work !
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2016
A fantastic place to work for many top doctors in the US. Everyday is enjoyable time of the job with many different case studies.
Cons
commute
Great Benefits
Practice Manager - Radiation Oncology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
Great Benefit package. HR is ok not the best in my opinion. Depends on the department you work for. some are good. some bad which isn't surprising
Senior Medical Secretary/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2016
My coworkers have become like a family, my boss has always been very concerned about his employees. I will make 5 years in October, the hardest part of the job is the day to day interactions with sick patients.
Great place to work, Interesting department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2016
I thought it was great place to work, everyone was very supportive and worked as a real team. I thought it to be a very fast paste working invironment. But overall interesting.
Pros
Great things was happening with the department I supported
Cons
No Cons
ok work place
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Not a bad place to start, the pay isn't what it should be and your job isn't secure..................................
Great Place to work but low compensation and poor management
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Vascular Surgery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
This academic center offers great flexibility and security. Unfortunately, management is poor and the salary is poor.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Good work environment and great for building experience and skills
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Program Specialist, a large focus of my role has been to serve as a liaison between for the Program Manager and junior administrative staff. I monitor their work, help them meet their goals, redirect their work flow as situations on the ground change, train them in our application and survey software, and work with them to solve problems they are encountering in their day-to-day activities.

As the Program Specialist, I am responsible for managing all admission activities including coordinating admissions efforts, application development, advertising, recruiting potential candidates, helping applicants secure mentorship teams, submit their applications. Our student pool is comprised of predoctoral, postdoctoral and master’s and certificate candidates.
Once applications are submitted, I manage all post submission activities including application readiness reviews, distribution/collection of all review materials from our review committees, scheduling review meetings, and arranging post award proceedings with the finance/regulatory/education teams. Registering students in classes, and monitoring their progress to ensure successful completing all program requirements are just a small part of my responsibilities.

I manage/create/distribute/collect all of our online bi-annual progress reports and evaluation efforts for both current students and alumni and serve as a liaison with Associate Program Directors who review these reports and provide detailed notes for the program office and National Institute of Health (NIH). This requires up-to-date knowledge on NIH rules and regulations
  more... specific to our grant.

I assist in the planning and implementing of course evaluations. I’ve been charged with managing and maintaining quality control for program materials and recruitment efforts both physical and online, and developing and planning monthly/annual events. Additionally I manage and collect the data required by NIH as part of our funding reportage.

I plan the Core and Elective course schedules (close to 20 semester-long courses per semester) which include working with instructors to schedule class dates and times and reserving rooms with the graduate school, advertising course availability, registering matriculated students and recruiting non-matriculated students.
Pros
Good hours, challenging work, good environment and staff
Cons
Pay could be better, program is based on grant funding so longevity is not guaranteed.
It used to be great
SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Friendly, Supportive people that are knowledgable and gets the job done. Great for advancement. New management came on board and destroyed all of that. it is now a husk of its former self. If you are just starting your career then it is a good start. If you are looking for something long term look elsewhere.
Pros
Major hospital
Cons
horrible management
Wcmc
Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
I've been working for Weill Cornell Medical College for 10 years. I have learned how corporate world works and it just slow. I had my share of REALLY bad bosses and very little good bosses. There are no Ping pong table , or pools but the holiday parts are good. HR is not for the employee but rather for the company. SO dont believe the hype. Although HR is a "fraud" because of them i paid for school out of pocket, which means the benefits are good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great work environment for professional growth.
Billing Manager - Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
Allow for us to grow and utilize our strengths. Learn new things. Mastering in EPIC module. Learn how to utilized the hospital system to achieve work resolution. Help staff to gain knowledge it billing and coding.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Dealing with difficult personalities
Learn from the history of the department and grow from it.
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2015
When you interview at a company, ask questions about the previous staff, the positives and negatives of the position. Not only are you being interviewed, you should be interviewing if this job is the right job for you.
Productive and professional environment heavily focused on patient care
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 12, 2015
Productive and professional environment heavily focused on patient care. Our main concern is patient care and comfort ability.
great place to work
Research Associate/Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed every minutes i stay in Albert Einstein. my dream started there. I learned a lot from my PI, my colleague and my friends there. very friendly environment.
Life at work
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
Typical day at work includes analyzing financial information and produced financial reports for clinical accounts, assisting the DA and Financial Analyst in clinical and grant's account management. Overseeing the use the corporate credit cards and management of IT and telecom inventory for the department.
I have learned a lot about how finance works in a large hospital setting. The work i do is gratifying and challenging, that is what i look for in a career. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to learn and analyze numbers to see if there is any problems and/or ways to help the department save money.
pleasant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
It was a small offsite office but veery friendly and efficient. The 2 Doctors onsite were very friendly and everyone was very pleasant to work with.
productive,professional safe place to work.
Chemotherapy Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  new yorkSeptember 11, 2015
# 5 Best company to work.Job satisfaction and best practice followed.I would recomend this institution to anyone seeking a Job in New York.
Everyday is a new experience and each day i look forward to the next
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
My Love and Admiration of caring for anyone in need has drawn me closer to my Hospital at Cornell not only are the patients great, but everyone you come across in any department whether is the Cafeteria to Housekeeping or the Chief Surgeons of Management are very Amazing and everyone leaves a lasting impression of Great Bedside Manner and Professionalism
Pros
Clean Atmosphere, Great Reputations, Excellent Patient Care
Cons
N/a