Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews

Excellent Diversity.
Sr. Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
The volume of work fluctuates from day to day. My department supports the physicians of the college so I have built a relationship with numerous people, Working here has significantly increased my knowledge of Excel & Outlook. I have learned on how to manage a budget, calculate on projected numbers for new fiscal years and create spreadsheets.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Poor opportunities for job advancement
Depends on the department,manager ,administrator
Department of gastro,unappreciated employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Everyone points fingers at each other when things that go wrong occur, the manager hires family members ,management talks negatively about staff in front of other staff members, no room for growth , can't move up within Cornell because if you apply to any other position its going to be shut down once it gets to HR and you were considered,always short staffed. culture of organization is gossipy,friendly people sometimes,everyone talks about each other if the department faces a dillema the manager does not know how to react and everyone else that she has in charge is clueless. If you are looking for growth forget about gastro at 1305.
Pros
leaving at 5
Cons
gossip, lack of communication, only focused on numbers
Very well organized
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Our lab is a well organized place and people are really awesome! It is a professional environment. Location is good. Close to transportation.
Fun workplace, great environment
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
The entire staff was always helpful and positive, which made my time there especially rewarding. Fridays were our dress down day, so we were allowed to wear jeans. Once a month, the staff would go out for happy hour. That was very enjoyable. Also, what I love about the job is the friendship that is developed. We felt more like a family and helped each other. We all ere trained for every position so we can learn and help our fellow teammates when in need.
A great place to learn
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2016
Weill Cornell is an incredible place to learn. All of the physicians who work there also teach, so questions are always welcome and you will be learning the cutting edge treatments in whatever specialty you work in. It can be hectic to the point of chaos at times and in my department, management turned over several times. But there was always an opportunity to learn and to advance in your field. The patients were interesting and complex and working in a research facility can't get any more interesting. Never a dull moment.
Pros
Exceptional opportunity to learn, excellent benefits
Cons
Hectic, but so worth it
Lack of consideration for employee
RN Phone Triage and Head RN/Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
Have to travel to different site locations with sometimes same day notice and no travel reimbursement given.
No uniform actions within the different site locations.
opinion about my job
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2016
> typical day is always busy and fast paced.
> Interact with patient on daily basic
> management front desk
>my co-worker are a great team player
> The hardest part is trying to make all patient happy
> The most enyoyable part of my job is put a smile in every patient face and make they feel welcome.
Pros
great team work
Research Assistant
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYNovember 10, 2016
Used a computational modeling program and statistical analysis, to study the catalytic efficien-
cy of enzymes in cells by designing optimal metabolic infrastructures that govern the localiza-
tion of a therapeutic antibody in colon rectal tumors.
Good Benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
Pleasant, very busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
I learned a lot about ophthalmology. Great training to help you improve at your duties. Cross coverage was great, also great healthcare benefits
BENEFITS
Cons
VACATION
Productive and good company to work for
Senior Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
We worked from 9am to 5pm. It was very busy practice of Travel Medicine, Infectious Disease and Gastroenterology, medical staff and co-workers were very friendly, skilled and very professional. I were very proud as a part of it. I had a very good time to talk to Travel Medicine patients, because they shared with me their experience of traveling around a world. Most difficult patients were those who were sick and in pain. I had to be understanding, patient and show them my sympathy, I really did like my job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no breaks except lunch
Management needs review
A/R Specialist - Super User (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2016
Great company to work for however constant management changes have affected how things operate. Opportunities for employees to grow are not given when there is chances available.
Productive and fun place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2016
I really love the Weill Cornell Medical College. It has has not only become a very special place in my heart, but also my home. It is great place to study, to work and have fun after work.
Work Environment
Desktop Team Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2016
The environment is really bad its like upper management doesn't have any common sense or understand their employees have a life besides work. This place is all about clic's like if you are in H.S either you are in a clic or an outsider.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Management has no clue or common sense, if they dont like you they will do what ever it takes to get you out even if your work is excellent.
Great learning experience
Department of Urology, Clinical Research Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2016
I enjoy helping the doctors in completing their research protocols. I learn a lot about clinical research. The work environment is positive and very conducive to learning.
Great place to work room for growth
Medicine- Patient Coordinator/Call (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
I learned how to be compassionate and understanding towards patients, and there feeling, as well as to always put them first.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
n/a
Great place to work clean friendly environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2016
Very fast paced job co workers very helpful, you grow friendly relationships with patient due to being seen often. Cornell never turns a patient away will break their back to help patients in every need possible.
Pros
Cares about workers opinion
Cons
seen to many patients daily, work late hours
Great experience, summer temp role
Senior Administrative Aide to the Dean (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
This role allowed me to garner experience working in an administrative capacity in a different sector. Truly wonderful work environment, and great co-workers
Productive environment
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2016
A very productive environment that offers exceptional learning opportunities. Co-workers are a pleasure to work with, and demonstrate the utmost professionalism and respect for others. Management was also very orderly and structured.
Independence and self motivation required
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
In this position as a research nurse, you are responsible for your duties independently. There is nobody telling you how or when to do it, but you better get it done! If you prefer to take your time and work extra hours (without overtime because it's a salary position), then you can. You are given a lot of responsibility. Self motivation and diligence is a must!
Pros
benefits allow you to see any Weill Cornell Physician. Set your own hours
Cons
Lack of support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. Our community is ready to answer.

Weill Medical College of Cornell University Reviews by Location