Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews

Good work environment and great for building experience and skills
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2015
Program Specialist, a large focus of my role has been to serve as a liaison between for the Program Manager and junior administrative staff. I monitor their work, help them meet their goals, redirect their work flow as situations on the ground change, train them in our application and survey software, and work with them to solve problems they are encountering in their day-to-day activities.

As the Program Specialist, I am responsible for managing all admission activities including coordinating admissions efforts, application development, advertising, recruiting potential candidates, helping applicants secure mentorship teams, submit their applications. Our student pool is comprised of predoctoral, postdoctoral and master’s and certificate candidates.
Once applications are submitted, I manage all post submission activities including application readiness reviews, distribution/collection of all review materials from our review committees, scheduling review meetings, and arranging post award proceedings with the finance/regulatory/education teams. Registering students in classes, and monitoring their progress to ensure successful completing all program requirements are just a small part of my responsibilities.

I manage/create/distribute/collect all of our online bi-annual progress reports and evaluation efforts for both current students and alumni and serve as a liaison with Associate Program Directors who review these reports and provide detailed notes for the program office and National Institute of Health (NIH). This requires up-to-date knowledge on NIH rules and regulations
  more... specific to our grant.

I assist in the planning and implementing of course evaluations. I’ve been charged with managing and maintaining quality control for program materials and recruitment efforts both physical and online, and developing and planning monthly/annual events. Additionally I manage and collect the data required by NIH as part of our funding reportage.

I plan the Core and Elective course schedules (close to 20 semester-long courses per semester) which include working with instructors to schedule class dates and times and reserving rooms with the graduate school, advertising course availability, registering matriculated students and recruiting non-matriculated students.
Pros
Good hours, challenging work, good environment and staff
Cons
Pay could be better, program is based on grant funding so longevity is not guaranteed.
It used to be great
SENIOR DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Friendly, Supportive people that are knowledgable and gets the job done. Great for advancement. New management came on board and destroyed all of that. it is now a husk of its former self. If you are just starting your career then it is a good start. If you are looking for something long term look elsewhere.
Pros
Major hospital
Cons
horrible management
Wcmc
Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
I've been working for Weill Cornell Medical College for 10 years. I have learned how corporate world works and it just slow. I had my share of REALLY bad bosses and very little good bosses. There are no Ping pong table , or pools but the holiday parts are good. HR is not for the employee but rather for the company. SO dont believe the hype. Although HR is a "fraud" because of them i paid for school out of pocket, which means the benefits are good.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great work environment for professional growth.
Billing Manager - Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
Allow for us to grow and utilize our strengths. Learn new things. Mastering in EPIC module. Learn how to utilized the hospital system to achieve work resolution. Help staff to gain knowledge it billing and coding.
Pros
Growth potential
Cons
Dealing with difficult personalities
Learn from the history of the department and grow from it.
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2015
When you interview at a company, ask questions about the previous staff, the positives and negatives of the position. Not only are you being interviewed, you should be interviewing if this job is the right job for you.
Productive and professional environment heavily focused on patient care
Senior Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 12, 2015
Productive and professional environment heavily focused on patient care. Our main concern is patient care and comfort ability.
great place to work
Research Associate/Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed every minutes i stay in Albert Einstein. my dream started there. I learned a lot from my PI, my colleague and my friends there. very friendly environment.
Life at work
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
Typical day at work includes analyzing financial information and produced financial reports for clinical accounts, assisting the DA and Financial Analyst in clinical and grant's account management. Overseeing the use the corporate credit cards and management of IT and telecom inventory for the department.
I have learned a lot about how finance works in a large hospital setting. The work i do is gratifying and challenging, that is what i look for in a career. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to learn and analyze numbers to see if there is any problems and/or ways to help the department save money.
pleasant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
It was a small offsite office but veery friendly and efficient. The 2 Doctors onsite were very friendly and everyone was very pleasant to work with.
productive,professional safe place to work.
Chemotherapy Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  new yorkSeptember 11, 2015
# 5 Best company to work.Job satisfaction and best practice followed.I would recomend this institution to anyone seeking a Job in New York.
Everyday is a new experience and each day i look forward to the next
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
My Love and Admiration of caring for anyone in need has drawn me closer to my Hospital at Cornell not only are the patients great, but everyone you come across in any department whether is the Cafeteria to Housekeeping or the Chief Surgeons of Management are very Amazing and everyone leaves a lasting impression of Great Bedside Manner and Professionalism
Pros
Clean Atmosphere, Great Reputations, Excellent Patient Care
Cons
N/a
Great place to do research
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
Wonderful research atmosphere, nice spot in New York. I strongly recomend to do clinical related research. Close proximity to the hospital, huge potention to develop novel therapeutics.
Job
Department of Surgery Chairman's Office (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Every changing locations still didn't prevent it from being a great experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of passionate people.
Pros
great shifts, great lunch spots
Cons
didn't have stability
Fast paced excellent room to grow
Medical Assistant/administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  New York ,NYAugust 21, 2015
Fast workplace with room to grow. Management was very flexible with their worker and supportive. Helpful co workers which became good friends. Best part of the job was the opportunity to take on various roles from Medical Assistant to receptionist to check out and phones. The department did switch management quite often.
Great pay
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2015
The pay was the best I have received thus far highly competitive. The training was extensive and thorough. Departments were competitive and successful. Work environment was friendly and highly productive
Not As Expected
Senior Medical Secretary- Floater (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
I've worked at Weill Cornell for about a month, and I can only speak on my department. It is quite disorganized, very tedious, and not productive. My training varied daily with whom I sat with, some provided as much information they could.. while others didn't want to train at all, and it showed. I was extremely uncomfortable, and at times felt I was left to my own devices. As a new employee, I expected more from this hospital. Management seem to only care about stats and numbers.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Use of time clocks, Management not organized
Great company
Program Specialist, Hematology/Oncology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Cornell is a nice place to work. There are great benefits and plentiful opportunities to succeed. Good people in every department.
Its a job
Human Resource Onboarding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Very unhealthy work culture. I would not accept another position here. HR department is not looking out for your best interest.
Pros
working lunches
Cons
no breaks
Na
Physician Analyst/Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Busy practice, great staff. Organized in every aspect. To much politics, but is expected of a big company. Looking for something closer to home
summary
Computer Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  new york, new yorkJuly 24, 2015
This was pretty much an easy job. There were good co workers and it was fast paced but not that bad. I have nothing negative to say aside from the stressful environment which can be dealt with with time.