Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employer Reviews

Clinical Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: well established organization
Cons: micro-management
I worked as a clinical technician for 3 years and I must say this was one of my favorite places to work! Most of the staff was great to work with and many of us developed long lasting friendships. Upper management often played favorites and should've cared more about their employees. Clinical techs were always treated like second class and never appreciated. – more... Overall I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with made it worth while. I guess management doesn't like when coworkers become friends :) – less
Great place to work with amazing staff
Senior Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this hospital is the benefits they provide. They really take care of their employees.
Very calm and easy going work settings
Senior Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
Easy going, great patient flow, great ppl to work with, well manged, great co-workers,
productive and fun workplace
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
In 2013, we faced a big challenge to develop a high-throughput antibody screening method, but I am enjoying such a challenge. In 2014, we are close to achieve our goal.
Productive and team work
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches and gifts
Cons: healthcare
Excellent communication, customer service and organization skills
Ability to work independently and in teams Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely manner
One of Top Hospitals in the Country
Saftey Associate / Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
My role here focused on general operations (logistics, problem solving, administrative functions, research). Personally the hardest part of the job was as a person without a medical background (ie- being a doctor or nurse) there were areas I felt I'd have liked a greater understanding of the specifics involved in the work we were doing - even though – more... I was qualified to do my aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job however is that I certainly learned a great deal about complex subjects which I felt made working in my next few jobs easy since the components for those jobs certainly wasn't as technical as the requirements in hospital. I'd also add that there was a cerebral element to working here that I enjoyed. – less
Great work environment with fantastic patients and staff.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: awesome patients, great staff, family like atmosphere
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities and poor salary increases
As a patient coordinator and senior medical secretary I was in direct contact with many different people who were sick to differing degrees. I was able to use empathy and compassion to help them get through a difficult time in their ailing health. I provided them with a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and support during their sickness. I always – more... pushed for insurance companies to cover whatever medical treatment was requested by the doctor and made sure that the patient themselves did not have to worry about anything that had to do with their insurance companies. The best part of the job was seeing my patients get better and come in happier and feeling well. – less
Work oriented environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: one on one patient/parent communication
Cons: small department
The Adolescent Psychiatry Department is a small department consisting of three Administrators. I am considered the "nucleus" of the department. I answer phones; respond to Drs. emails; submit travel reimbursements and all administrative duties. I enjoy being in the public and communicating with the children as well as their parents.
amaizing experience
very nice co-workers
helping my patients
Outstanding research and teaching
Senior researcher (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Outstanding research and teaching, and friendly environment.
Average place to get started
Senior Event Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2013
This place seems more of a stepping stone for staff. Management is too relaxed.
Helpful and Great place to work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2013
It was a great place to work and learned alot about dealing with people.
Weill Cornell - Great Place to Work
Admin/Clerk (Former Employee), NYCSeptember 26, 2013
This was a great organization to be apart of. Although the job became too much of a routine the compensation and benefits are really like no other company I've worked for.
Very little positive reinforcement
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Hematology and Medical OncologySeptember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary, backing from management
I have run a variety of practices and worked for and with a variety of executives but never felt so un-appreciated. The College and Hospital do not work hand in hand running such a large practice I get more backing from the hospital than for the group I run and work for.
Financial Assistant
Financial Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Good benefits. Great job security if you're an exempt employee.
Proud to work at number one Hospital
Account Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: healthcare
I am working with insurance companies as a Financial Counselor, negotiating contracts and getting payments, working with doctors and patients. I really like my job, specially when I can make everybody happy, solving all the problems .
There is no hard part of the job, it is challenge
and it is my pleasure when I can help.
It's been an amazing experience working with weill cornell hospital
Application Trainer & Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 11, 2013
It's been an amazing experience working with weill cornell hospital
Productive medical enivornment
Departmental Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 2, 2013
Pros: room for growth, patient care
A typical day at work is filing and delivering charts, answering patient calls, patient care, faxing, emailing, copying archives once the HIPPA authorization is complied. As well as when needed coverage for secretaries for the 10 physicians apart of the organization. I schedule, register, and preauthorize for coverage on insurances on certain medical – more... procedures.

I've learned the use of different programs associated within the medical field such as: IDX Flowcast, and EPIC Scheduling and Registration. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning, and patient care. – less
academic exciting and personally enriching
Instructor of Pharmacology in Anesthesiology (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2013
• Successfully facilitation of scientific collaborations at Cornell University by creating the Postdoctoral Association of Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
• Science outreach as organizer of the Postdoctoral Research Day of Cornell University and the Tri-institutional (Cornell, Rockefeller University and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center) – more... Career Symposium.
• Served as Ad hoc scientific reviewer for the Journal of Neurochemistry and Neuropsychopharmacology.
• Served as a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Biomedical Science.
• Critical thinking and rigorous experimental design to identify novel brain receptors that mediate the effect of novel sleeping aids.
• Impeccable use of mass media to communicate scientific developments through press releases- blogs, and web news.
• Productive liaison with Sinuvion to elucidate mechanism of action of novel sleeping aids (Lunesta). – less
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management could be better
The benefits are great, the staff is getting there. There are many changes that will take place after ACA, but right now, it's a good place to work.

1 2 3