Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews

Job
Department of Surgery Chairman's Office (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great shifts, great lunch spots
Cons: didn't have stability
Every changing locations still didn't prevent it from being a great experience.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of passionate people.
Fast paced excellent room to grow
Medical Assistant/administrative assistant (Former Employee), New York ,NYAugust 21, 2015
Fast workplace with room to grow. Management was very flexible with their worker and supportive. Helpful co workers which became good friends. Best part of the job was the opportunity to take on various roles from Medical Assistant to receptionist to check out and phones. The department did switch management quite often.
Great pay
Temporary Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 16, 2015
The pay was the best I have received thus far highly competitive. The training was extensive and thorough. Departments were competitive and successful. Work environment was friendly and highly productive
Not As Expected
Senior Medical Secretary- Floater (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Use of time clocks, Management not organized
I've worked at Weill Cornell for about a month, and I can only speak on my department. It is quite disorganized, very tedious, and not productive. My training varied daily with whom I sat with, some provided as much information they could.. while others didn't want to train at all, and it showed. I was extremely uncomfortable, and at times felt I was left to my own devices. As a new employee, I expected more from this hospital. Management seem to only care about stats and numbers.
Great company
Program Specialist, Hematology/Oncology (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Cornell is a nice place to work. There are great benefits and plentiful opportunities to succeed. Good people in every department.
Its a job
Human Resource Onboarding Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: working lunches
Cons: no breaks
Very unhealthy work culture. I would not accept another position here. HR department is not looking out for your best interest.
NA
Physician Analyst/Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Busy practice, great staff. Organized in every aspect. To much politics, but is expected of a big company. Looking for something closer to home
summary
Computer Support Technician II (Current Employee), new york, new yorkJuly 24, 2015
This was pretty much an easy job. There were good co workers and it was fast paced but not that bad. I have nothing negative to say aside from the stressful environment which can be dealt with with time.
productive and strict environment
Account Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Strict environment, fast paced and requires for one to do their job duties on their own, minimal supervision. Finance.
State-of-the-art facility
Research Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
This workplace has a great facility and offers many opportunities for collaboration with other laboratories. I meet someone new almost every day.
hit or miss
Senior Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: time & leave
Depending on the department your working for and the managers of the department, Cornell is a good place to work. Benefits are great!
Productive and rewarding place to work.
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Pros: Many free lunches
Working at Weill Cornell Medical College has provided me with a vast experience within the Audio Visual field. I have learned and I'm still learning many things from my co-workers and supervisors. A typical day at work is for most part not stressful. The work load can become heavy at times but it is rewarding because you get to know the people/clients that you are serving and it teaches you how to deal with the many different personalities.
Professionalism
Senior Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2015
Physicians are exceptional. Highly recommended to patients. I would recommend any of my family members to this great facility especially the Cardiology Department.
Interdisciplinary Treatment
Electroconvulsive Nurse New York Presbyterian (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2015
I enjoy working in the PACU assisting the Attending Psychiatrist and the PACU team. I enjoy hearing anesthesia discuss the cases at hand and appreciate the thoughfulness and the medical aspect that it put into this treatment.

Working as an ECT nurse has been a tremendous eye opener. I always thought it was an outdated or barbaruic treatment, but now have found it to be tremendously beneficial. I am also able to to better education patients about ECT and help them to relieve thair concerns.

Regarding the Medical College in this environment, it is a pleasure to see mentors and students work together to make a difference in people's lives. Just by listening to their conversations, I have gaine tremendous knowlege about the medications and what factors are considered from their prospective.
Hostile...Tense working Environment
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, nycMay 2, 2015
Pros: Paid vacation, sick time, 1 hr lunch, personal time
Cons: Supervisor was bias
I learnt that just because it may be a prestigious organization you are working for that the people in the high positions don;t know how to handle authority. That favoritism and bias still exist in the workforce. People are scared to voice concerns in fare of losing job.

Certain co-workers were a pleasure to work with, while others were bullies. The hardest part of the job was the hostile environment and division, management was poor.

Overall I gained knowledge of what an ENT department is because I was only familiar with pediatrics and general medicine before. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my patients and the few good people I was able to work with.
Overall good place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Loved everyone working there. Management was okay. Fast paced NYC restaurant that requires a lot of multi tasking. Enjoyed my years there.
Going to the Doctors
Administrative Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
Coming into contact with such great minds and being so close to different medical professionals of such renown and being of [any] service to them and the institution served as a pathway to my administrative career.
Wonderful Workplace
ACIS Claims and EDI Analyst/Optum Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
This is an amazing and wonderful workplace. Always have new opportunities for more knowledge and growth. I love Weill Cornell!
Productive place to work in
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 27, 2015
Nice people all around. Great Team Work. I would recommend this facility to anybody that is interested. I had a great time working at Weill Cornell Medical College. No complaints.
Disorganized place with need for many improvements in relation to management and processes
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Great team of people but management and a lot of the work processes need improvement. I enjoy the people I work with, but not the culture or management.