Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employee Reviews

Fast paced ^ Extremely busy
Senior Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Weill Cornell can be more competitive in pay but work can be overwhelming when management aren't hands on to create resolutions efficiently. Billing systems are constantly problematic
and aren't efficient.
Pros
salary & benefits
Cons
no room for growth . management arent problem solvers
Loved working at WCMC
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Weill Cornell Medical College is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital in upper east side. WCMC is a technological leader and innovator in regards to IT among all the NY hospitals.
Great Place to work
Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The energy was always right. The job had many perks such as location, discounts, great pay, and good staff. I would recommend it.
Okay place great benefits
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
Great benefits, okay managment. It was okay they had an awesome tuition reimbursment program. Great medical insurnace and dental plan. Managment was micromanaging
productive
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
I love the job at Weill cornell. nice staff very organized and extremely effective training. it is one of th best places ive worked in years I lve it.....
Large institution with little concern for its employees
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Highly hierarchic and bureaucratic place that does not care about its employees. No transparency and no employee involvement in policy and decision making.
Productive and fun work place great place to excel!
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
In my opinion working for Weill Cornell Medicine was a great opportunity for me. I started off in a Call Center which was very busy but it has prepared me for my roll as an HR associate. there is plenty of roon for growth and there are a lot of work functions if your more for the fun aspect which can be a great way to network yourself!
I work in a fast paced environment where you are never bored
Sr. Surgical Coordinator Urology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
I am currently a Surgical Coordinator and i love it. I love to be able to help in getting a patient well and back to their normal lives as they knew it before becoming ill.
Pros
family feel environment
Cons
dental coverage could be better
Iwould not recocomend working here.
Business Process Solutions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
There are no tips I can provide unless a person is looking for a place to just survive in a company without potential growth and be put down by management constantly.
A fast paced environment that allows for personal and professional growth.
Medical Coding Specialist (Temp) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
I work with providers and other coders in order to keep up to date with current coding guidelines and ensure accurate billing. It does get stressful, but the workload is manageable and there is always a lot of help and support when you need it.
Pros
A lot of restaurants and coffee shops nearby
Cons
The building itself is old and the copy machine doesn't work sometimes.
Weill Cornell OB/GYN
Senior Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
Weill Cornell is a great company to work for. They offer great healthcare benefits, 401k and many discount options. Great environment to work in with great employees.
family like environment
Billing Manager/Clinical Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2017
Great place to learn and build management skills due to high employee count. Constant upkeep with guidelines and policy changes in insurance companies for submitted claims to insurance companies in order to upkeep full reimbursement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Lack of 401K, dental and vision care
Great Place to work
Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2017
I found Weill Cornell to be a great place to work. The professionalism of most of the physicians that I dealt with was unmatched at any other place of employment. My typical day involved preparation for patients arriving and being seen by a surgeon. The hardest part of the job was seeing some of the children come in for required surgeries. The most enjoyable was seeing the patients, both adults and children pull through from their surgeries very nicely.

It was quite an experience and this was where I honed my billing and coding practices.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Located on upper east side of Manhattan so transporation can be an issue at times.
Fun work place.
Account Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Performs outpatient evaluations and management coding for Pain Management Center.Meet with faculty to discuss coding issues.Provides feedback to Physicians regarding coding and compliance issues.Reviews codes received from the Research Dep.and provide missing codes...
good oppertunity to learn
TRIPLL Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
learning and growth are encouraged
-interdisciplinary teams
-lots of educational opportunities
-you get to work with the best and the brightest
-creativity is encouraged and rewarded
Pros
earn vacation time
Cons
not enough pay
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I was only a temporary employee, however my first assignment ended and was then assigned to another assignment. I am really in need a permanent position.
Very nice place to work in
Sr. CLINICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
I loved working at Weill Cornell. My coworkers became family. It was a very busy fast paced environment but everyone worked as a team. We all helped each other out.
Pros
awsome team
Cons
short staffed
Medical School
Research & Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2017
Work Life balance is poor. Salary is poor for non exempt employees. Expect to sit in the same position with cents on the dollar raises. If that works for you go for it.
Good Opportunity
Senior Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Fast paced, great opportunity to grow. Wonderful staff but poorly managed. Management was highly stressed and stressful. Unfortunate instances of discrimination,].
Pros
Big Hospital and Business with growth opportunity
Cons
Stressful
Upper management
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2017
Upper management don't care about the employees. Never around when you need them and take credit for your work.......................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. Our community is ready to answer.

Weill Medical College of Cornell University Reviews by Location