Weill Medical College of Cornell University

Weill Medical College of Cornell University Employer Reviews

Productive workplace full of learning
EpicCare Application and Support Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits package
A typical day at work consists of training and/or preparing for training for the week. I continue to learn in all aspects of the healthcare industry (such as the differences between all of the specialties).

I've grown in tremndously as a trainer (I've learned how to read and understand my audience and this has allowed me to tailor my trainings to the – more... trainees needs).

By assisting with application support, I've gained a broder knowledge of how the system works in the live environment; this has also sharpened my training skills. – less
Great place to be
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2014
I wouldn't like to discuss. It needs some changes.Too much politics and favoritism involved otherwise its a great place to work.
it was a vey busy place
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: late nights
the hardest part of my job was to become attached to the patients and seeing there daily medical struggles , even reassuring them about there surgeries. My office was super busy we had surgery all day and booked all day as well. but I loved staying busy. My boss was amazing loving and very kind.
no comments
Registered Vascular Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2014
Great patients with interesting cases.
Great coworkers
Some research cases
Productive and fun place to work for.
Staff Secretary/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2014
Pros: room for growth.
Cons: to be honest, all was great while at the facility.
I really enjoyed working for Weill Cornell. Management was great, Co-workers all got along and worked as a team.
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: well established organization
Cons: micro-management
I worked as a clinical technician for 3 years and I must say this was one of my favorite places to work! Most of the staff was great to work with and many of us developed long lasting friendships. Upper management often played favorites and should've cared more about their employees. Clinical techs were always treated like second class and never appreciated. – more... Overall I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with made it worth while. I guess management doesn't like when coworkers become friends :) – less
Great place to work with amazing staff
Senior Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this hospital is the benefits they provide. They really take care of their employees.
Very calm and easy going work settings
Senior Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement
Easy going, great patient flow, great ppl to work with, well manged, great co-workers,
productive and fun workplace
Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
In 2013, we faced a big challenge to develop a high-throughput antibody screening method, but I am enjoying such a challenge. In 2014, we are close to achieve our goal.
Productive and team work
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches and gifts
Cons: healthcare
Excellent communication, customer service and organization skills
Ability to work independently and in teams Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and complete tasks in a timely manner
One of Top Hospitals in the Country
Saftey Associate / Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
My role here focused on general operations (logistics, problem solving, administrative functions, research). Personally the hardest part of the job was as a person without a medical background (ie- being a doctor or nurse) there were areas I felt I'd have liked a greater understanding of the specifics involved in the work we were doing - even though – more... I was qualified to do my aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job however is that I certainly learned a great deal about complex subjects which I felt made working in my next few jobs easy since the components for those jobs certainly wasn't as technical as the requirements in hospital. I'd also add that there was a cerebral element to working here that I enjoyed. – less
Great work environment with fantastic patients and staff.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: awesome patients, great staff, family like atmosphere
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities and poor salary increases
As a patient coordinator and senior medical secretary I was in direct contact with many different people who were sick to differing degrees. I was able to use empathy and compassion to help them get through a difficult time in their ailing health. I provided them with a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and support during their sickness. I always – more... pushed for insurance companies to cover whatever medical treatment was requested by the doctor and made sure that the patient themselves did not have to worry about anything that had to do with their insurance companies. The best part of the job was seeing my patients get better and come in happier and feeling well. – less
Work oriented environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: one on one patient/parent communication
Cons: small department
The Adolescent Psychiatry Department is a small department consisting of three Administrators. I am considered the "nucleus" of the department. I answer phones; respond to Drs. emails; submit travel reimbursements and all administrative duties. I enjoy being in the public and communicating with the children as well as their parents.
amaizing experience
very nice co-workers
helping my patients
Outstanding research and teaching
Senior researcher (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Outstanding research and teaching, and friendly environment.
Average place to get started
Senior Event Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2013
This place seems more of a stepping stone for staff. Management is too relaxed.
Helpful and Great place to work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2013
It was a great place to work and learned alot about dealing with people.
Weill Cornell - Great Place to Work
Admin/Clerk (Former Employee), NYCSeptember 26, 2013
This was a great organization to be apart of. Although the job became too much of a routine the compensation and benefits are really like no other company I've worked for.
Very little positive reinforcement
PRACTICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Hematology and Medical OncologySeptember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary, backing from management
I have run a variety of practices and worked for and with a variety of executives but never felt so un-appreciated. The College and Hospital do not work hand in hand running such a large practice I get more backing from the hospital than for the group I run and work for.
Financial Assistant
Financial Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2013
Good benefits. Great job security if you're an exempt employee.

1 2 3