Weinberg Campus Employee Reviews

Very clean and professional environment.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYAugust 17, 2015
I work midnight shift and have very few co-workers this shift. Majority of my socializing is done during shift change or when I pick up double shifts. Overall everybody is very easy going and a pleasure to work with. I work sub-acute floor and my workload is pretty heavy being the only nurse to 30 patients at night. My patients always change as does my workload depending on my patients. I am about to be in school full-time so it will be difficult to work full-time in this job and be able to complete school work as well, this is the reason for my change. I also do not make that much money as I am use to being in this position.
Pros
clean, quiet, and pleasent
Cons
Heavy workload, and not enough pay or overtime.
How is this place still open
home care (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 26, 2015
This has got to be the absolute worst place to work! The entire place is beyond stressed making it a very unpleasant and unprofessional atmosphere. The quality of care is way below state expectations. The deplorable conditions in home care are over looked due to such a extremely high turnover rate in management. The safety of participants is scary, their meds and personal items are stolen daily. The police are always there. Sad to see elderly live like this.

This place needs the state to take over, but than the high ups wouldn't get a paycheck.
Pros
Cons
elderly are forced to live in fear and sleep with their personal belongs!!!
Beware! This place is a sinking ship!!
I regretted going there. (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 25, 2015
Anyone accepting a professional position with this organization needs to ask a million questions before you sign on the dotted line. Because they will LIE to you! They will say ANYTHING to get you in the door then they smack you with the truth and it's too late. They like to screw people over. They don't care about you or the good job you left behind. Hands down the WORST place I have ever worked. You are set up to fail. And then you see management rejoice in your failure. Lots of people fired, the lucky ones are laid off. But the ones who really need to go - CEO/CFO/COO remain for years and years - collecting huge paychecks while withholding even cost of living increases from staff.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else!!!
0 Leadership from management
LPN/Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 20, 2015
The most stressful place I have ever worked, Total lack of management!! the administrative personel never listen to staff and have No respect for their staff members. Many things are covered up by these personnel and they are quick to throw their staff under the bus!! WORST PLACE EVER TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Residents!
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE!!!
Do not work here ever!!!
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJune 11, 2015
After working for this company for many years (the last 4 of them with no raise due to lack of funds even though the top 3 were making 6 and almost 7 figure incomes) a contract food company was brought in. When asked about our jobs upper management told us "we don't know" We were finally told by the company coming in that we were not needed. After so many years of dedicated service I wasn't even given the decency to be told I would no longer have a job by the company I worked for I had to hear it from strangers. As stated by others there is no compassion for the staff who work there. Kitchens are now filthy and a nightmare, staff are unhappy and they are working in chaos daily. If you are in any sort of management position it is a daily walk on eggshells as to whether you will have a job the next day or not!
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Work environment
review
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYJune 4, 2015
I enhoy working with the elderly. I was in the process of moving out of town, so I had to leave here. The staff and managemen was wonderful to work with.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  getzville, NYApril 27, 2015
Busy front end reception job
A lot of great people
Wonderful place to work
Great co workers- Very posititve
Hardest part is saying goodbye to residents
Most enjoyable part is meeting new people
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
Worst place on Earth
Miserable employee (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYMarch 30, 2015
Horrible upper management creates a culture of fear. No raises in four years for all professional positions but the CEO makes over 1 million annually. People are fired left and right always on a Thursday so people are scared once a week. No job security. If they don't like you your days are numbered. Everyone is miserable. Everyone is job hunting. Programs are being closed, staff laid off. Worst company ever don't come here.
Lacking management, no advancement
Cook (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Since it was a union position the benefits were good. There was a lack of management and supervision. There was no room for advancement.
Pros
healthcare
Provides excellent care for it's residents.
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJanuary 9, 2015
This company provides excellent care for it's residents. The staff is respectful, knowledgeable and enjoys caring for it's residents.

Want to know more about Weinberg Campus?

Ask a question
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 4, 2014
Management not supportive, do not train once in the position. Not a professional atmosphere.
Pros
residents
Cons
everything else
Nice place to work caring for the elderly
Care Coordinator & Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 20, 2013
Night shift was good, Elderly patients are loving and caring, Management was okay, Co-workers were nice people to work with. Hardest part of job was trying to get patients to take there medications and take showers. Most enjoyable part of my job was showing the patients someone cares for them and not out to hurt them.
Cons
short staffed and under paid
looks are deceiving with this place
non weinberg lpn (Former Employee) –  the campusNovember 19, 2013
Worked there thru an agency and was glad I was not an employee of the facility.
There are some units there that aren't too bad, but then there's the rehab floor. The management also thinks its ok to have 1 nurse for 30 high acuity residents, then wonders why they can't fill that position, BC it needs at least 2 nurses!!! As if taking 20 pts wasn't enough, they expect you to violate your scope of practice, as an LPN, and fill out their own version of the medicaid assessment. No lpn in NY can perform a physical assessment on any level. This facility charges their residents a lot of money, and if a resident makes a report against an employee, the employee is in trouble, without a true investigation.
Almost all local nursing homes will try to circumvent the medicare/medicade paperwork by providing a form of their own, where you put "data", but its an RNs job and if you are an LPN doing it you put your license at risk.
Air conditioning units at the facility are in dire need of replacing, 5 years ago, but the owner won't pay for replacements, BC the cost is close to a million each. Also the roof on the facility was leaking during the summer rain, was awesome to avoid puddles at the work place.
Bottom line, you Dont matter when it comes to their bottom line.
Pros
looks better than most facilities
Cons
petty coworkers and management willing to throw people under the bus.
Do not work here...
Activities (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJune 5, 2013
Weinberg continually looks for ways to get new and existing employees to excel, however offers no incentive to do so. You are told that you do a wonderful job, but cannot have a raise for over two years because of "budget cuts". Meanwhile you see new buildings being built and existing ones being remodeled while the "head honcho" makes $200,000+.
And watch out for Thursdays, when people that have worked at Weinberg for years are fired without warning. We call that "being Weinberged".
The other staff that we work with is wonderful. Really the management is a huge problem. They do not back up their employees when problems occur, and instead try and put the blame on staff. Residents are allowed to get away with whatever they want, without reprocussions, and rules are rarely followed.
Pros
benefits, other staff members
Cons
everything else
always had a lot of work, worked with some really good people
projects (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYMay 21, 2013
i would go in every morning and do what ever they need painting, waxing floors moving residents belonging in and out, setting up furniture, shampooing carpets, setting up for events and taking out the trash
Pros
good co- workers always something to do
Cons
low pay
Weinberg is a very nice place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYApril 27, 2013
A typical day at workwould be when we are short staffed. Me and my co-workers pull together and make the day a smooth and easy day. The hardest part of my job is when one of my residents is feeling down and sad and theres nothing i could do to help them. I enjoy my job cause i enjoy helping people. It makes me feel ood when i put a smile on one of my residents face.
wouldnt consider anyone african american to work there.
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 30, 2013
The families are great,the residents are very nice. The nursing staff needs to be changed and don and adon needs to be changed.
Pros
families reconize good work and human resource workers are wonderful.
Cons
short breaks, no grace periods and no communication skills
Great, comfortable place to work!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYDecember 14, 2012
I just started working here, but everything has been wonderful. The residents are fun, co-workers nice. It's a very open environment, that gives everyone a sense of involvement. There are activities going on constantly, and great employee recognition. I highly recommend Weinberg to anyone, resident or someone looking for employment!
Pros
deli, giftshop, openness, flexibility
fun workplace, work well with people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYSeptember 30, 2012
fun , enjoyable all around .. take care of alot of people for all stages in life from retirement and on ..
To Much stress!
Team Leader LPN (Former Employee) –  Getzville, NYSeptember 23, 2012
Don't work there if you want to be stressed out all the time work overload is common

2.8