Weinstein Properties Employee Reviews

Great Place to gain experience in the Industry
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 13, 2017
WP is a great place to start a career in property management. It's fast paced and can be stressful but very rewarding at the same time. The pay is competitive and the company is very open with employees and provide great training. I love working for the company and have seen many people grow quickly.
Pros
Compensation, Great Training, Rental discount
Cons
30 minute lunch break, weekend work, snow removal
Official response from Weinstein Properties
July 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your work experience! We are happy to hear that you are pleased with your pay and enjoy working for Weinstein Properties. We agree that our offices can be very fast paced, which is why we value our employees so much! Your comments regarding training and growth are very much appreciated! We think it’s important to be available to our residents and prospective residents so being available on the weekends, and when there’s inclement weather, is a must for us. Since weekends are worked in a rotation and time off is provided during the following week for the person(s) who worked, hopefully you find that you get the personal time and work/life balance that we all need. Thanks again for your comments – they truly mean a lot to us!

Great place to work for , W/ exercise area, pool, and tennis courts. One-touch security in case of intruders.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 26, 2017
My experience working there was very a comfortable work environment with plenty of friendly residents , clean work areas, a not-too-aggressive daily work routine.
An upbeat atmosphere that offers a lot of opportunity for growth
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 8, 2017
On a daily basis the tasks are delegated by myself and the Manager in order to accomplish the common goals of the team while working as a unit to assist each other throughout the day.
Bad Experience
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2017
This company only has good ratings bc employees are asked to give intensives to residents or prospects to write a good review. Not a good place to work!!!! Do not recommend this experience to my worst enemy.
Great work place, many opportunities to advance
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2016
Great work place, many opportunities to advance! Family oriented company! Majority major holidays off! Awesome in house leasing training
Good pay and benefits but you'll become a robot
Leasing (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VADecember 19, 2016
The honeymoon eventually will be over. You'll have to play office politics otherwise you are out. As long as you are a robot you'll grow. Good stepping stone but that's about it.
Bad work environment, training and management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Upon being hired and passing what is known as the "Honey Moon Stage" you start to see what type of people you are working with.

My experience consisted of working with weathered people from your fellow co-workers to management. Meaning personal problems was effecting their attitude towards fellow co-workers and their overall performance. This was shown a lot in upper-management that becomes very easily stressed out making it difficult for a trainee to get adequate training.

Corprate overall is amazing and very much in touch with you.They encourage you to reach out to them or your superiors. Sad part is you are constantly discourage to reach out to them for help, questions/concerns by management.
Pros
Decent Pay, Great Corprate
Cons
Poor Management, Training, Communication, Recognition
supervisors are patient with newer employees
Maintenance Technician C (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2016
I have gained invaluable HVAC and appliance repair experience while employed with Weinstein properties. the residential maintenance industry is very different from facilities maintenance, the team was very experienced and guided my every step
Pros
meeting and interacting with new people
Cons
on call hrs
Family oriented
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2016
I love working for Weinstein Properties. I am a single mother and feel that the hours and pay are beyond suitable for a part-time position.
Very good property management company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2016
Very policy-driven company, lots of room for opportunity and growth. I came in knowing nothing about property management and left having learned a great deal from a tremendous group of people. Very team-oriented company.
Career Development
leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Weinstein Properties for the past 4 years for a multitude of reasons. This company has a dedication to keeping employee morale high through shout-outs, annual fun days and company-wide contests. Employees get excited about their job and want to succeed. I really enjoy that the company is also dedicated to its residents and continues to promote customer satisfaction in every aspect of business. Weinstein Properties is a company which encourages career development and works with the team to help them to achieve their goals.
Pros
Enthusiasm through shout-out emails help the work day be more enjoyable!
Growth in your position
maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 23, 2015
I started off working for Weinstein Properties as a Carpenter. I was really interested in growing with the company and starting a career for myself and I expressed that to my manager and supervisor. They were my biggest supporters during my training to become a supervisor of my own property. They offered training programs and classes to me and were just there 110% of the time willing to help me with anything. It’s comforting to work for a company that is as invested in your own growth and success as much as you are.
Great pay but environment can vary widely
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 20, 2015
This company can be wonderful or horrible, depending on the site where you are assigned. The pay is great, without a doubt. But each manager has different priorities and provide varying levels of mentorship and/or guidance and training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Experience Varies Greatly Between Sites
Residents and Customer Service is Key
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 18, 2015
I am a very customer service oriented manager and make sure my property, prospects and most importantly my residents are treated with the uptmost respect. I manage my team to have the same goals and to be the best they can be.
Team Environment
Collections (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
I enjoy working with Weinstein properties because it feels as if I am working among family. We all work together to come toward one common successful goal. There are so many opportunities for advancement as our company continually grows. It’s a great feeling to work for a company that you don’t just feel like an “employee” you feel like a part of a team.
very straight forward job some good people to work with
CARPENTER/REHAB SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2015
working at weinstien gave me security of employment for five years. Provided benefits, bonuses and opportunity to advance. Even gave a severance that allows me to transition when my job expired.
Pros
locations were close to home
Cons
job expired
i would never work for them again
Carpenter's Assistant/Plumbing/Electrical (Former Employee) –  richmond, vaSeptember 28, 2015
the company did not value me as an employee. The higher ups thought it was fine to go searching through my personal vehicle without my consent. I confronted them about it and 2 weeks later I was let go.
Hard Work is Rewarded! You get what you put IN!
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 10, 2015
I joined Weinstein Properties in 2009 as a Leasing Consultant with no prior property management experience. During my interview, I explained that I was looking for a company that I could stick with for 20+ years and I can honestly say that I have found that in Weinstein Properties. I feel truly fortunate to work for a company that recognizes & rewards talent and good work ethic. Over the years, Weinstein Properties has not only given me the opportunity to grow & develop but also the tools necessary in order to do so. The company has supported & challenged me and I blossomed into a management role. My supervisors recognized my strengths, helped me to improve upon my weaknesses, and genuinely cared about helping me to achieve my career goals. I am now thrilled to be enjoying my newest position of Business Process Specialist at the corporate office. Thank you, Weinstein Properties, for believing in me.
Pros
opportunity for growth, challenging & rewarding, honest/genuine company that cares about clients & employees
Property Management - A career with Weinstein
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2015
WP offers the opportunity to develop a lifelong career within the company. I started my career with WP over 3 years as a Leasing Consultant and have worked my way up to becoming a Property Manager. We receive an abundance of support when needed and the company focuses on creating a positive working environment. What I love the most is they listen to their employees and take the time to ask for our thoughts and opinions.
Growing company treats employees well!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2015
I enjoy working for Weinstein because we are all treated like family. When the presidents come to visit their communities they shake your hand or share a hug and they know you by name. With Weinstein you’re not just another person working in an office. I also appreciate the fact that Weinstein has always been fair and true to both their employees and their residents. We have a well-known reputation for being strong in both customer service and maintenance areas and that is due to Weinstein hiring the best and providing the training to improve their knowledge and skills of their employees. I would recommend Weinstein to anyone interested in a new career or new home.
Pros
Growing company, great teammates, responsive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weinstein Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

Weinstein Properties Reviews by Location