Weinstein Properties Employee Reviews

Bad work environment, training and management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
Upon being hired and passing what is known as the "Honey Moon Stage" you start to see what type of people you are working with.

My experience consisted of working with weathered people from your fellow co-workers to management. Meaning personal problems was effecting their attitude towards fellow co-workers and their overall performance. This was shown a lot in upper-management that becomes very easily stressed out making it difficult for a trainee to get adequate training.

Corprate overall is amazing and very much in touch with you.They encourage you to reach out to them or your superiors. Sad part is you are constantly discourage to reach out to them for help, questions/concerns by management.
Pros
Decent Pay, Great Corprate
Cons
Poor Management, Training, Communication, Recognition
Bad Experience
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2017
This company only has good ratings bc employees are asked to give intensives to residents or prospects to write a good review. Not a good place to work!!!! Do not recommend this experience to my worst enemy.
Good pay and benefits but you'll become a robot
Leasing (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VADecember 19, 2016
The honeymoon eventually will be over. You'll have to play office politics otherwise you are out. As long as you are a robot you'll grow. Good stepping stone but that's about it.
Great work place, many opportunities to advance
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2016
Great work place, many opportunities to advance! Family oriented company! Majority major holidays off! Awesome in house leasing training
Family oriented
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2016
I love working for Weinstein Properties. I am a single mother and feel that the hours and pay are beyond suitable for a part-time position.
Career Development
leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Weinstein Properties for the past 4 years for a multitude of reasons. This company has a dedication to keeping employee morale high through shout-outs, annual fun days and company-wide contests. Employees get excited about their job and want to succeed. I really enjoy that the company is also dedicated to its residents and continues to promote customer satisfaction in every aspect of business. Weinstein Properties is a company which encourages career development and works with the team to help them to achieve their goals.
Pros
Enthusiasm through shout-out emails help the work day be more enjoyable!
Growth in your position
maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 23, 2015
I started off working for Weinstein Properties as a Carpenter. I was really interested in growing with the company and starting a career for myself and I expressed that to my manager and supervisor. They were my biggest supporters during my training to become a supervisor of my own property. They offered training programs and classes to me and were just there 110% of the time willing to help me with anything. It’s comforting to work for a company that is as invested in your own growth and success as much as you are.
Very good property management company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2016
Very policy-driven company, lots of room for opportunity and growth. I came in knowing nothing about property management and left having learned a great deal from a tremendous group of people. Very team-oriented company.
Team Environment
Collections (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
I enjoy working with Weinstein properties because it feels as if I am working among family. We all work together to come toward one common successful goal. There are so many opportunities for advancement as our company continually grows. It’s a great feeling to work for a company that you don’t just feel like an “employee” you feel like a part of a team.
Great pay but environment can vary widely
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 20, 2015
This company can be wonderful or horrible, depending on the site where you are assigned. The pay is great, without a doubt. But each manager has different priorities and provide varying levels of mentorship and/or guidance and training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Experience Varies Greatly Between Sites
Residents and Customer Service is Key
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 18, 2015
I am a very customer service oriented manager and make sure my property, prospects and most importantly my residents are treated with the uptmost respect. I manage my team to have the same goals and to be the best they can be.
very straight forward job some good people to work with
CARPENTER/REHAB SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2015
working at weinstien gave me security of employment for five years. Provided benefits, bonuses and opportunity to advance. Even gave a severance that allows me to transition when my job expired.
Pros
locations were close to home
Cons
job expired
i would never work for them again
Carpenter's Assistant/Plumbing/Electrical (Former Employee) –  richmond, vaSeptember 28, 2015
the company did not value me as an employee. The higher ups thought it was fine to go searching through my personal vehicle without my consent. I confronted them about it and 2 weeks later I was let go.
Property Management - A career with Weinstein
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 9, 2015
WP offers the opportunity to develop a lifelong career within the company. I started my career with WP over 3 years as a Leasing Consultant and have worked my way up to becoming a Property Manager. We receive an abundance of support when needed and the company focuses on creating a positive working environment. What I love the most is they listen to their employees and take the time to ask for our thoughts and opinions.
Growing company treats employees well!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2015
I enjoy working for Weinstein because we are all treated like family. When the presidents come to visit their communities they shake your hand or share a hug and they know you by name. With Weinstein you’re not just another person working in an office. I also appreciate the fact that Weinstein has always been fair and true to both their employees and their residents. We have a well-known reputation for being strong in both customer service and maintenance areas and that is due to Weinstein hiring the best and providing the training to improve their knowledge and skills of their employees. I would recommend Weinstein to anyone interested in a new career or new home.
Pros
Growing company, great teammates, responsive management
Productive and challenging
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 19, 2013
A typical day at work consists of following up with all of your prospects and seeking ways to acquire new ones (updating websites, open houses, specials, etc.). Additionally, the day to day tasks also involve contacting dissatisfied residents, account reconciliation, updating reports, touring walk-ins, and managing the property and any issues while adhering to the company policies.
Pros
Discounted rates for employees, competitive pay
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Every day is different
MIT (Former Employee) –  Newport NewsMay 23, 2013
Every day with this company is different. The pay is decent if you are willing to put up with the favoritism, shadiness and late/weekend hours. You might be hired as a manager in training but be prepared to be a leasing consultant for a long time before moving up. There's also a good chance that you might go from LC to MIT to Acting Manager and back to a Leasing Consultant. It all depends on how the directors are feeling.

The company sponsored events are fun and the bonuses are typically good.
Pros
Decent pay, good bonuses
Cons
Cronyism, late hours, mandatory weekends
i'm like it here
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 15, 2013
its a 7-330 job with occasional overtime.i could be doing anything from demo'ing,trashing out,framing,or trimming a unit.i have learned if you have right people in right place things go fairly smooth,but,if you don't things can get a little less smooth.as far as management goes refer to previous sentence.i am lucky.i am the kind of guy that gets along with most people.so,i rarely have issues with my co-workers.i really don't find anything hard about my job,but,if i have to pick something,i guess it would be bringing the lowes order and doors in the units.the one thing i enjoy most about my job is the comradarie i enjoy with my coworkers.most of us are friends as well as co-workers.
benefits
Cons
not as much overtime as i would like
Great opportunity to meet new people!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2013
As a new resident to Charlotte, it was nice to have that type of experience fresh on my mind while helping a number of other people making the same transition. A lot of the work was self-paced, however, being very organized was vital to keeping up with the busy day. There was always something new and exciting happening and it was a definite learning experience. This is a great entry level position and will certainly help establish sales experience.
Pros
Meet new people, spend some time outside showing properties, occasional free stuff from local businesses, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies daily!
Cons
Work weekends, pay does not reflect the range of skills required or educational background of employees, high turn-over, seasonal cut-backs
Cool for the experience to put on my resume
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 25, 2013
I liked this company at first. It was my first job out of college. I got 1 year of experience and got out of there. They already know what they want their future property managers to look like and if you don't fit the mold, you will forever stay a leasing consultant. Nice office, management just OK.
Pros
Pretty decent pay for entry level
Cons
No room for advanvement if you don't look the part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weinstein Properties. Our community is ready to answer.