Weir Minerals Employee Reviews

Much experience gained
Service Engineer (Current Employee), Luck, WIJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good pay, solid company.
Cons: Acquisitions have made for somewhat tumultuous atmosphere.
I have worked for the same company since graduating from college, however the name has changed due to an acquisition. I have gained experience with many areas of the company while at Weir.
When I began, I worked as a Manufacturing Engineer, and slowly transitioned into other areas such as Project Management, Applications Engineering, and Service Engineering. This gave me the opportunity to learn how a business works from more than just an office perspective.
I learned to work with all areas of the company and beyond; from our suppliers all the way to our customers. The management has changed the most, as you would expect with any acquisition, and we have also lost good people as a result. However, the company continually pushes forward and innovates.
The most challenging part of my current job, is that it requires 75-90% travelling, and at times makes it difficult to leave my family. However, travelling has given me the opportunity to see different parts of the world as well, which has been a positive for me.
fast paced
Buff and Trim (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTMay 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not flexible
buff and trim, run press machines, read blue prints, assemble and unassembled molds, learned lead skills. fast pace environment
Productive fast paced work environment
Quality Assurance Technician and machinist (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, clean evironment, good people, busy workplace
Cons: i have no cons for this company.
A typical day at work consisted of quality assurance while inspecting pumps, and machined parts from machinists. I learned how to run a dual head vertical mill lathe and quality assurance procedures for ISO standards. The management was excellent and professional. The co-workers were generally in a good mood and performed well. The hardest part of this job was walking on concrete nearing 8 to 10 miles a day. The most enjoyable part of this job was having the freedom to improve processes and solve engineering issues.
Stalinisque Management
Manager (Current Employee), Madison WIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high management turnover and weak senior leadership
Poor communications and management seems to only function as a dictatorship. HR are paper pushers and have no influence on the culture.

February 26, 2014

Management turnover is an issue and a very political environment so watch your hindquarters.

Hand-lay worker (Former Employee), HandlayNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: not flexabile
I would work the graveyard shift. I learned how to handlay rubber on mining equipment. the hardest part of the job was the first couple days getting used to everything. The most enjoyable were the paychecks and my co workers were great.
Great people to work for
Production Control Scheduler (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2013
Very good place to work. Very safety oriented. Fantastic benefit package
Productive and fun work place.
Machinists B (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: training
I had many challenges working at weir. My co-workers was excellent and very understanding and helpfull.
Well ran, good place to work
North America Controller (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 21, 2012
Excellent company with strong values. Good place to work. Strong management team and good co-workers, working toward a common goal.
Pressure cooker that does not compensate for extra time spent.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 26, 2012
Pros: co workers, friendliness
Cons: closed-mindedness, recurring company mistakes
This workplace, for some departments, is a pressure cooker that has EVERYONE in the group stressed out to the point that they are looking for another job. They do not compensate salary people anything extra for working 60-70 hours a week for months on end. The base salary is not enough to justify the work-life imbalance that results.