Weir Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

Good Company / Good Pay
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXDecember 15, 2016
This is a good company to work for. Good management, good pay, pretty good benefits and good advancement opportunities
Pros
Competitive Pay / Advancement Opportunities / Safety Cautious
Cons
More parkng needed
Good Compensation
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
They pay really well and provide good benefits. My direct manager is very good, very knowledgeable about the products and operations, and very understanding.

The Upper Management, on the other hand, don't seem to care about the employees.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Upper Management don't seem to care about the employees
Packaging Engineer/Lean Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2016
I have learned a lot at Weir, especially from production floor folks. This is a great company to work for. Weir offers very competitive salary coupled with outstanding benefits.
Opportunity make a difference to achieving customer satisfaction.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Most enjoyable part of my job is working with all direct reports, support groups and superiors to achieve our daily goals. I have learned to build a culture where each employee understands and feels their contributions to the organization is an important aspect of the success of that organization. Involving employees (regardless of their level) in the continuous improvement of the organization assist with maintaining or building a World Class Organization.
Success breeds success.
Corrupt
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 12, 2016
I worked here for three years in the shop. The shop supervisor was a great guy and manager but unfortunately was unable to do his job because of a lot of backstabbing. People who wanted his job tried anything to get rid of him. Not much opportunity for advancement unless you were part of the "click". Layoffs came around and people were let go who shouldn't have been and some horrible workers were kept because they were buddies with the right people. As far as the work went, it was a cool job but that was it.
Pros
The work itself, some of the employees, shop supervisor
Cons
Backstabbing, corruption, favoritism
District Manager/Lean Manufacturing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Scott, LADecember 1, 2016
Employees working there had a positive attitude and enjoyed coming to work. They were all hard working and the pay and benefits were really good
Continuous Learning, Continuous Improvement and Customer Satisfaction
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2016
Excellent company; good culture always looking the opportunities for improvement.
Team work, good management and very good work environment
A Great Company to Work For
Iron and Pump Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 10, 2016
Weir SPM is an overall great company and I would recommend anyone to get in with this company. The recent down turn in the market has caused the company to make some changes in management and I feel they are making all the right moves for the better of the business. The job culture is great and management expresses how every employee is important to the success of this company.
A typical day at work
Production Scheduler/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
A typical day of work at Weir Seaboard was honestly controlled chaos. I do believe management is working towards an efficient system of production, shipping, and ordering procurement however my experience was pretty rough. There was a lot of un-organization, inconsistent practices, and differing management opinions. Some things changes on a weekly basis as far as how to complete a job and it was frustrating. At the time I left, management was putting new ideas into place for increased efficiency and policy, so may be it has improved.
Pros
pay was competitive
Cons
long hours and expected to stay or come in with no notice
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 10, 2015
I worked in Building H in Fort Worth, Texas in 2014-2015. I was the Production Supervisor for the Flow/Swivels department. The department as a whole was well thought out and the management team was good. The oil and gas industry is fickle at best and layoffs consumed my entire department.

I was hired on as the 3rd Shift Production supervisor, however management took advantage of my abilities and I was also made responsible for the 2nd shift as well. There were no extra compensation or benefits for the additional responsibility. I kept getting the "promise" that the management team was in the interview/hiring process for an actual 2nd shift supervisor, however I felt that I was basically strung along until the layoffs happened. Unfortunate set of circumstances, but the culture was great and I would take the same job again if offered.
Pros
Computer systems.
Cons
Accountability measures.
Most co-workers where team players, comunication was poor.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 13, 2016
Need work on leadership and direction. I enjoyed working there with most co-worker. Safety even though it is preached as priority it is not followed through.
Pros
Pay and hours were great
Cons
Comunication and leadership
Great place to work for great people
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 7, 2016
This was a great place to work in. Everyone was in sync with their jobs. Excellent management team especially our manufacturing supervisor. All co-workers got along great and some became good friends. Company overall was great to work for.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great people, excellent management
Cons
Sad to see it close due to economy
Too many layoffs
Production Lead/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2016
Job security is not there it goes up and down with the market. They are very quick too layoff hourly employees. They have great health benefits
A good place to work and become one of a good team
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
Get to work and make sure everything is in a good safety place to begin your work day, and inspect your tools and machine and area for any unsafe objects that can trip or make u fall.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no presure
Large company, good benefits, poor job security.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  White Settlement, TXApril 30, 2015
Seniority has little or no bearing on shift assignment; newer hired employees may go to day-shift ahead of established employees. Benefits start on first day of employment, but may be slightly more costly than with other employers. Good people in workforce, chain of command not always clear, management not highly responsive. Little or no training program, or at least inconsistent. Pay raises are at best infrequent, although quarterly bonuses are awarded during profitable periods.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Lean Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2016
I have worked there since 2010 and a typical day would have me following up on previous Kaizen events and ensuring that the metrics we have put in place are trending in the right direction. I would also begin assessing other areas that were identified as issues by Value Stream Map(VSM) or by departmental leaders. We would then begin scheduling appropriate lean events that will eliminate or reduce the issue. I was hired straight out of college and I was very "green" going in, but I was exposed to many different environments and challenges that I had to work through. I took on several roles to gain knowledge of manufacturing by becoming an Industrial Engineer, Production Supervisor, and Lean Facilitator. I was able to learn different processes and to think "outside the box" to provide potential solutions to the problems at hand. I was also able to hone my leadership skills through supervision and by leading and facilitating Kaizen events. Management was a revolving door that we would had to adjust to every couple of years. My co-workers were great and was one of the reasons why I wanted to ensure that any project I was working on was going to be safe and improved ergonomics. The hardest part of the job was sustainment of improvements. Lean is more about behaviors and the culture than about the physical aspects. Management must follow up on Kaizen improvements to ensure that they are sustained. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on projects that would be safe for my co-workers, improve quality and delivery lead times for our customers, and reduce the cost  more... for the company to stay competitive in an ever changing market.  less
Pros
Culture of Safety, benefits, and career potential
Cons
Cyclical oil & gas market(workforce redutions), Senior management politics
FSR Tech. (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PASeptember 1, 2015
Clock in and get into proper PPE and do stretches, go to floor or go out in the field. perform expected duties ( inspect iron for damage, repair send to pressure, then to paint, if out in the field load required tools and drive to the Gas Well needing the work preformed install restraints onto iron). The Gas industry workings, how to in the industry. Management was the worst part of the job Co-workers were good bunch of guys the long hours day after day was the hardest part of the job, most enjoyable part was the pay and the respect from other people
Pros
Freedom of being on the road and the pay
Cons
To long of hours, never home sometimes working 180 hrs
Small customer
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX / San Antonio TXApril 27, 2016
Weir oil and gas is a small oil field customer without a large customer base make job security almost impossible. Good work environment and other personnel or easy to get along with. This field sales job required driving in excess of 300 miles a day to make customer contact.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
no job security
Poor management not a good place to work
Frack Pump Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 11, 2016
I would not recommend this job to anyone. The management was a joke, incompetent, and discriminated anyone that wasn't brown nosing. If you have any kind of integrity you will not like working here.
Pros
Good place to get in the oil and gas Industry
Cons
Poor management
Liked the Job
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 21, 2016
I learned mechanics, sandblasting, painting, assembling and reassembling pumps and blocks.

I loved the schedule, my shift started at 6:30 and ended 4:30pm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weir Oil & Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8