Weir Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

N/a
Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJanuary 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Mangers are great. Never a dull moment. Everyone is willing to help each other. All in all work place is relaxed and easy to understand
Ok place to work
Service tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 2, 2017
Too much favoritism and no recognition! No place to move up. Don't give credit when credit is due! Management has favorites and too many friends. I want a lace to move up in a company if I work hard
Not what it used to be
mechanic (Former Employee) –  601 weir wayJuly 17, 2017
I worked there for over a decade really is a great place to work. Only do what is asked don't try to go beyond. Loyalty is a lost word around their. That being said a lot can be learned from weir
great working eviroment
INVENTORY CONTROL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJuly 13, 2017
I was a team player whose primary goal was to get the job done. the bosses and coworkers at weir were very friendly and inviting. when I'm giving the opportunity again, I will do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
great working eviroment
Cons
i hope weir can expand its operations to everypart of the World
awesome company great pay and benefits plenty over time
Machinist 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2017
I loved this company great pay and bonus. great benefits as well. company has a big café. they cater us food a lot company dinners.employee of the month. give a tshirts and water bottles all the time.
Pros
alot of over time treat their employees great
Cons
layoff the min gas prices drop
Great company to work for!
Administrative Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2017
I worked for the company for a few years, made the career choice to move companies due to the down turn in the market. Very friendly environment, room to grow, etc.
Productive enviroment to gain skills
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 28, 2017
Great benefits, career in the making, lot of opporrunities at head quarters. Very safe enviroment , skills an trades are trained an the support group helps you in every area
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break healthcare
No Comment
Gulf Coast & South Texas Regional Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 28, 2017
Worked here temporarily but glad it was as soon as I left my boss and his boss were let go do to the downturn in the oil field. If I did not have to travel as much I might have stayed employed their longer.
Good Workplace
Scheduler 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2017
It's a great place to work. Like with any other company, it has it's ups and downs. I would definitely still be working there if I hadn't been laid off.
Good Company / Good Pay
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  White Settlement, TXDecember 15, 2016
This is a good company to work for. Good management, good pay, pretty good benefits and good advancement opportunities
Pros
Competitive Pay / Advancement Opportunities / Safety Cautious
Cons
More parkng needed
Good Compensation
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
They pay really well and provide good benefits. My direct manager is very good, very knowledgeable about the products and operations, and very understanding.

The Upper Management, on the other hand, don't seem to care about the employees.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Upper Management don't seem to care about the employees
Most co-workers where team players, comunication was poor.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 13, 2016
Need work on leadership and direction. I enjoyed working there with most co-worker. Safety even though it is preached as priority it is not followed through.
Pros
Pay and hours were great
Cons
Comunication and leadership
District Manager/Lean Manufacturing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Scott, LADecember 1, 2016
Employees working there had a positive attitude and enjoyed coming to work. They were all hard working and the pay and benefits were really good
A good place to work and become one of a good team
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
Get to work and make sure everything is in a good safety place to begin your work day, and inspect your tools and machine and area for any unsafe objects that can trip or make u fall.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no presure
Opportunity make a difference to achieving customer satisfaction.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Most enjoyable part of my job is working with all direct reports, support groups and superiors to achieve our daily goals. I have learned to build a culture where each employee understands and feels their contributions to the organization is an important aspect of the success of that organization. Involving employees (regardless of their level) in the continuous improvement of the organization assist with maintaining or building a World Class Organization.
Success breeds success.
Packaging Engineer/Lean Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2016
I have learned a lot at Weir, especially from production floor folks. This is a great company to work for. Weir offers very competitive salary coupled with outstanding benefits.
Liked the Job
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 21, 2016
I learned mechanics, sandblasting, painting, assembling and reassembling pumps and blocks.

I loved the schedule, my shift started at 6:30 and ended 4:30pm
Corrupt
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 12, 2016
I worked here for three years in the shop. The shop supervisor was a great guy and manager but unfortunately was unable to do his job because of a lot of backstabbing. People who wanted his job tried anything to get rid of him. Not much opportunity for advancement unless you were part of the "click". Layoffs came around and people were let go who shouldn't have been and some horrible workers were kept because they were buddies with the right people. As far as the work went, it was a cool job but that was it.
Pros
The work itself, some of the employees, shop supervisor
Cons
Backstabbing, corruption, favoritism
Great place to work for great people
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 7, 2016
This was a great place to work in. Everyone was in sync with their jobs. Excellent management team especially our manufacturing supervisor. All co-workers got along great and some became good friends. Company overall was great to work for.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great people, excellent management
Cons
Sad to see it close due to economy
Small customer
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX / San Antonio TXApril 27, 2016
Weir oil and gas is a small oil field customer without a large customer base make job security almost impossible. Good work environment and other personnel or easy to get along with. This field sales job required driving in excess of 300 miles a day to make customer contact.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weir Oil & Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9