Weir SPM Employee Reviews

Good place to work when oi; is in high demand
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 28, 2016
Not much to say here, other than the place was made extremely toxic by the very existence of old stubborn employees. Management was sorta lackluster they would pick favorites and they hardly ever trained people properly.
Pros
when we had orders it was busy
Cons
finding something to do when there were no orders;getting laid off
Very Rewarding job
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 8, 2016
I got to review and upgrade programs to cut down cycle times.I was able to machine new fixtures for said programs and production jobs.Everybody was helpful.I would say the hardest part of my job was finding tools needed.The best part of my job was being told that I did a good job from some of my supervisors.
Pros
Nice break room was clean
Cons
Long hours were mandatory a lot of the time.
it was a good comapny to work for
Pump Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 6, 2016
Had our morning meetings, talked about what work load we had for the day and what the game plan was. Then got to work with your partner, bring the frac pumps that needed to be work on from outside into our work bay. Wash off the pump if needed and start to tearing it down, After breaking it all down, see whats wrong with it, order new parts and rebuild it.
Pros
big company
Cons
to many lay offs
Good co workers
Service Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 11, 2015
This company provides great co workers and brings people together and builds bonds, however management can be very difficult at times as in the time i was there it changed atleast three times. A decent paying job and good environment with co workers once you accept the micro managing and favoritism. Customer always came before employees which is good on a business side but severely lacking in respect and care towards employees. Over all enjoyed my time at the company and for the most part the co workers were why i enjoyed working there.
Pros
co workers
Cons
lack of managements company knowledge, not much respect
enjoyed it
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2016
The company was a very pleasant place to work. I very much enjoyed my job there. The workplace was very clean and tidy. The managers a people higher ranks than me were very considerate and nice to me.
Pros
good benefits
Good company
Branch Manager/FSR Trainer/Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 13, 2015
Good company to work although the pay was not where it should be and the demand of the management is difficult at times . It is very difficult to advance with this company.
Excellant Company
Supplier Developmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2015
When Oil & Gas industry comes back- I would go back to it in a heart beat.

When you get chance t work their, take the chance, you will not forget it.
Pros
Best People to work with.
Cons
Too Top Heavy in Upper Management.
Job Security/ Advancement
Liaison Engineer/Drafting Supervisor/Sr. Drafter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2015
Most of the Promotion go 4Year Degreed people without practical
experience.
layoffs are Radom , but mostly the people who Know the Oil and Gas industry and the products Weir SPM oil &Gas it makes are laid off,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
illlogical management and a lack of concequences for major mistakes
Trains you for your next job
Manager (Former Employee) –  SPMAugust 30, 2013
At the branch level very poor work home life balance for under the national average for base salary based on their sales expectations. Never have I worked for a company where HR had so much power and authority. Very low retention rate for managers due to everything written above. The only silver lining is invaluable P&L experience I have now to take with me to other companies.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Less than satisfactory base salaries, work expecations, HR involvment in the day to day
Same thing everyday nothing different
package handler (Former Employee) –  White Setlement,TXAugust 16, 2012
Get to work, clock in, Meeting with supervisor who didnt now what he was doing or should i say he was underqualified to be supervising. Find correct products for packaging, place into box correctly and safely cushion products with foam tape closed. label correctly. suran wrap box multiple times so box could not be damaged. load onto correct truck with pallet jack. and return to get another paper with different product and repaet same steps until all products are boxed and loaded on the correct truck.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
short breaks, not managed well
Professional and productive.
Janitor/Tech- Sweep and mop all offices (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaJune 29, 2013
Constant labor rather it be techincal or janitoral. There are several stations that assign technicians different roles, much like an assembly line, to solve one solution, fixing drilling oil pipes. Co-workers are willing to teach those who are eager to learn.Hardest part of the day was dealing with the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is that time went by fast.
Pros
Nice pay, hour lunch.
Overall a good company to work for.
Crater 2 / Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Typical day at work began at 6 am and sometimes ended at 2:30 pm. Alot of overtime was available if you wanted it. I believe that is why there was a larg lay-off. The work would have been there for everyone if a few people didn't work every weekend. Got so far ahead on orders that there just wasn't work for the regular schedule. Not really any hard part to any of the jobs. Good work atmosphere.
Cons
unpaid lunch
100% executive overhaul in past 7 months
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort WorthApril 11, 2015
Pros--business was historically so good that costing was very low priority. Easy to gain cost reductions.
Cons--Management has totally missed all business cycles in past 5 years.--up or down.
Pros
Trying to take professional approach
Cons
Total lack of business forecast
Don't Go There
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2013
Operations conducted solely for corporate greed and share holder profits. ALL personnel considered expendable assets. No advancement, low wages, terrible and unsafe conditions. No ethical or moral viability shown towards employees. They use them discard them get fresh ones repeat.
Pros
NONE
Cons
To many to list....
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TxAugust 14, 2012
I really like me job worked with great folks stayed busy which made the shift fly by. caring company keeped cold bottled water in the heat warm drinks in the cold . you could buy products and pay installments from paycheck debits
Pros
paid lunch great hours
Great pay and benefits
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARMay 17, 2015
This is a really good place to work. Never the same thing every day and the benefits are great. Pay is excelent too. Needs more start off training but all in all a really good place to work.
its a good company to work for
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXApril 30, 2015
There is lots of room to advance. you do work longer than normal hours at times. but over all its a good company. management is getting better every day.
No loyalty to employees. Work 12 hours a day sometimes 6 days a week.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthNovember 13, 2012
Management does not care for employees only care about making money for the company. Worked there for 6 years and don't plan on going back.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Fair Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 31, 2013
Weir SPM was a fun place to work. Yes, the management does need some and pay raises need to be more than $.20 at a time. They do honor the employees every once in a while by serving free lunches
Enjoyable Experience
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2012
Overall my experience at Weir SPM was an enjoyable one and my knowledge of Oil and Gas operations was expanded.
Pros
did several things to reward employees
Cons
laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weir SPM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8