WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Absolutely Miserable
RN (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVNovember 1, 2017
Typical hospital mentality. Poor management, no appreciation, long hours, bad attitudes. It's a mad house in every aspect. Unpaid lunches, not enough vacation time, extremely high stress, not enough staff and management who says "this is just the way it is."
Cons
Bad environment
productive
PCT (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVOctober 31, 2017
walking into work knowing you have patients to take care of normally as soon as youd walk in lights are already going off with people who need your help. everything is fast pace and quick. once you had a routine down things normally went smooth.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace inviorment
Ward Clerk/ Unit Secatary (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVOctober 24, 2017
I will work there anytime. If I did not have to relocate I'm sure I would have stayed to retirement. There is potential for anyone that wants to work.
Pros
Full benefits
friendly environment
Admitting/ Registration clerk (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVOctober 16, 2017
Friendly work environment. I am going to miss most of my co workers when I move. Management needs to work on privacy between the worker and theirselves and not telling everyone in the department why someone isnt there.
Pros
discounts on outpatient service and flexible schedule
Cons
health insurance/ no privacy with management
Good people
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 30, 2017
Friendly people people say hi to you proud to Work there doctors are good there proud to be working at weirton medical Center nurses are good there nurses are good there
Pros
Free lunchs short breaks
Like being back in high school
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 12, 2017
Clear division and favoritism between daylight and afternoon workers
Under paid for the amount of work expected and under appreciated
Department can't keep employees and assigned and mandated shifts occur frequently
Imc
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVAugust 19, 2017
on the move. I learn something new every day. Ive enjoyed working under all supervisors ive had. Your never know what mood people will be in . Helping someone that is sick and getting a small smile .
Pros
always busy
Cons
mostly always on your feet
Good place to work nice peopl
Emergency Room Secretary (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WV 26062August 12, 2017
Get to wirk in a fast pace environment, emergency room work is a great chance to learn alot, the chance to work side beside both the nurse and doctors is a experience to remember.
Admiting clerk
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVAugust 4, 2017
Very good place to work, great people to work with, great opportunity to move around within the company. Flexible schedule, great and open management staff.
Nice Place to work and Nice enviroment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at Weirton Medical Center , the learning experience was good. The staff was full and was willing to work together to make sure the office ran efficiently. Overall I give Weirton Medical Center a goo review.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJune 26, 2017
is a nice place to work most of the time. But in our department there is poor scheduling and staffing most of the time. you either have nothing to do all day or are so busy you don't even get a lunch or a break.
Experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJune 4, 2017
Enjoyed working at wmc as it provided me with much needed knowledge that at the time helped me pursue and advance in respiratory program at WVNCC healthcare program.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No help from nurses
Id work there again
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 15, 2017
short staffed
great people to work with
loved the residents
since it as a hospital you could move to another floor if you wanted to
everyone is helpful
Productive and Educational work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 14, 2017
Weirton Medical Center was a great place to work. It has provided me with a great educational opportunity and the chance to grow my interest in the pharmaceutical field.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Typical hospital setting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVApril 18, 2017
If you like working in a hospital setting, this is pretty much average. Problems with doctors' egos, nurse-patient ratios and understaffing. Morale is good only if you fit in. Average level care. Nothing spectacular. Management is hard-lined, picky and not very flexible, however. Also not very caring about the patients' wishes.
Poor management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVApril 12, 2017
Many of the managers have been there for several years and are stuck in the past. they make poor decisions in order to keep their jobs, and staff suffers.
Pros
Money decent
Cons
management
No decision making ability. Decisions made by consultant
Divisional Director (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMarch 20, 2017
Rounding in multiple departments to ensure staffing, physician satisfaction and address issues. Interact with staff and physicians. Provide oversight to budget review budget variances and report.
Pros
Free parking
Rapidly growing healthcare facility
Staff RN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJanuary 23, 2017
Fast paced pre-op and post-operative workplace. New physicians and new procedures being added to the operating room schedule often.
Pros
Friendly staff
Unorganized and training offered for new positions is terrible.
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVDecember 2, 2016
Started training in October for a part time position. The training was super Unorganized. They pushed the training on 2 individuals who already had a plate full of things to deal with. I was under the impression during the interview I would be working hand and hand with a secretary but that changed when I actually started. Lost a week of training when someone else came in and decided she had nothing for me at all. Eventually was let go due to being sick with a stomach flu and calling off. Directors and other employees tell you that your doing wonderful and try building you up but when you take a sick day they decide to let you go because your performance is lacking. Also nurses on certain floors don't do their job. They leave patients in the bathroom for hours or just don't provide the proper hygiene to them when they are unable to do it themselves. They also make sure patients take meds that will make them tired before they eat so they don't eat. One of the directors is so consumed with being "friends" with her employees that her floor is a mess. All in all it was a very Unorganized mess. Alot of kinks need worked out before they attempt to throw someone else in the mess.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Unorganized, below average pay, lack of discipline where really needed
Steady employment; position responsibilities helping physicians enjoyable.
Unit Secretary/Ward Clerk - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVOctober 29, 2016
I am thankful to be working for Weirton Medical Center. It is needed for the community. If you work hard, you will have a good job for many years.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
Can be tough work environment in present department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8