WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Unorganized and training offered for new positions is terrible.
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVDecember 2, 2016
Started training in October for a part time position. The training was super Unorganized. They pushed the training on 2 individuals who already had a plate full of things to deal with. I was under the impression during the interview I would be working hand and hand with a secretary but that changed when I actually started. Lost a week of training when someone else came in and decided she had nothing for me at all. Eventually was let go due to being sick with a stomach flu and calling off. Directors and other employees tell you that your doing wonderful and try building you up but when you take a sick day they decide to let you go because your performance is lacking. Also nurses on certain floors don't do their job. They leave patients in the bathroom for hours or just don't provide the proper hygiene to them when they are unable to do it themselves. They also make sure patients take meds that will make them tired before they eat so they don't eat. One of the directors is so consumed with being "friends" with her employees that her floor is a mess. All in all it was a very Unorganized mess. Alot of kinks need worked out before they attempt to throw someone else in the mess.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Unorganized, below average pay, lack of discipline where really needed
Awful
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 27, 2016
Employees treated like warm bodies. Not based on talent. Not paid enough. Horrible Management. No room for advancement or a RAISE! Expendable. Never. Once asked for my crudentials. The cafeteria had good food tho.
worked there for four years
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 8, 2016
swept, mopped, dish room, tray line, delivered trays.

Management team leader wise were nice and pleasant, boss were hard to deal with.

co workers many helped if you needed it while there were a select few that made work harder, not doing their work.

the hardest part of the job was dealing with the people that were slacking and you would have to pick up their work.

the most enjoyable part of the job was some of the co workers were nice to work with and the hours.
Pros
hours
Cons
some co workers
above average most of the time
Charge Rn (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 28, 2016
professional atmosphere most of the time short staffed and had a high turn over rate. Residents were there which most of them helped in critical situations but still found yourself overloaded most of the time not enough techs to help
Poor patient management.
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Weirton med Cntr.February 26, 2014
After working a short time in radiology, I discovered I will neither wish to continue here and I would NEVER schedule any testing here. I consistently watched pts wait 45 mins to an hour after their SCHEDULED appt. time. Not one person in dept. cared that pts were waiting so long. In patient exams were never even thought about until the end of the day. In fact I've witnessed pts waiting long past appt time, then watched everyone decide to go to lunch and left pts in waiting room until they returned. I also witnessed pts waiting for a scheduled procedure with a radiologist and when tech finally could find the dr. You had to wait until he got done with a 15-20minute conversation WITH HIS WIFE!!!!! Unless, you like to sit around and wait for testing, I would not recommend radiology testing at this facility.
Pros
Free parking. Benefits
Cons
Salary
needs better management
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMay 23, 2013
transcribed dictation from different language speaking physicians, different dialects etc. Coworkers were great.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
management needs improved
hard work good people
LPN (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJune 11, 2013
there were wonderful people at WMC but the management was lacking salary was lacking and work schedule continually forced over
good place to work
RN floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVOctober 29, 2014
always someone there to help or answer questions. The MD's, for the most part, were great to work with and treated you with respect.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long drive
Work oriented dedicated to continuity of care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVMarch 22, 2016
WMC is a nice facility. Work oriented towards continuity of care. Also family oriented.I would recommend to any family looking for a health care facility.
The employees of Weirton Medical Center are very caring.
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVApril 30, 2014
There are many challenges at this job. Great opportunity to work with others.
Pros
Free Parking, Benefits
good benefits,family oriented,currrent teaching techniques
Cath Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 22, 2012
great place to work, great co-workers,keeping your technical part of your job up to date, management approachable,one on one care with patients very enjoyable.
Pros
team work, good pay
Cons
long hours to accomodate doctors schedule, not knowing how late you are going to work too.
registered Nurse
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  weirton,WVJanuary 2, 2014
First acute care setting. Very long and grueling 12 hr shifts. Colleagues ie, Nurses were good to work with, hard workers. No recognition from managers for exceeding expectations only for rebuke of mistakes. Not a learning/teaching Hospital. Specialists eg. Cardiologists, Nephrologists , GI etc. don't appreciate dedicated and ambitious Nurses, only at best belittle them and at the least, tolerate them. Unit Manager's lack Leadership skills and just blow where the upper management wind goes. Good Nursing experience from the clinical aspect.
Pros
Serving the community.
Cons
No Nursing Leadership or Authentic communication.
Very Professional Atmosphere
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WvaSeptember 13, 2012
Very Enjoyable, Stable, Hardworking Enviornment. Great Management And Supervisors. Great Advancement Oppertunities. Excellent Patient Care. Friendly Atomosphere And Patients. Challenging Job, Always Busy, But Thats What I Loved The Most!!
Pros
excellent management, and supervisors
Cons
pay could of been better
Not the best at training. Lack of communication among staff and managment.
Nurse-Intern (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVSeptember 4, 2012
When I first started I had a very tough transition mostly because there is no way for the managment to communicate to the entire staff because they don't have an email portal or anything like that. I started with a large group of students who were "Nurse Interns" and no one knew who we were or what our role was because it was not stated clearly to us or the staff. After a few months I got used to the position, however it never actually turned in to what they said it would be. I did however learn a lot about the work environment, and like every hospital saw some really great nurses.
Patients are great
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJune 2, 2013
A typical day at work is always great. I love what I do. Management team does not really socialize with their employees. Most of my co workers are wonderful people and I love working with them. The hardest part of my job is dealing with combative patients. I love interacting with everyone. Being a phlebotomist is just a great job that I love.
Pros
Interacting with people
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Great Work Environment
Radiology Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Weirton, West VirginiaOctober 16, 2015
Great working environment. All the employees are very pleasant and helpful. Everyone is a team player and helps provide the most excellent patient care.
It's a job...
Certified Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 17, 2015
Under appreciated & underpaid. Management is completely clueless as to what goes on in departments. A lot of favoritism and "directors pets".
Organized facility
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVAugust 21, 2015
Working with technologists who have been in the field for many years. Gleaning information, tips, and advice from them was extremely beneficial as a new tech.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Irregular schedule, swing shifts
Excellent techs and physicians at this facility
Sonographer/ general/ High Risk OB (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 24, 2014
Excellent doctors and technologists at this facility. Equipment needed upgraded. I love my profession/ was a bit more drama than I had been previously accustomed to, but I loved taking care of patients in my home area. - I love using my skills and knowledge to help my friends maintain and improve their health, and loved being an integral part of a healthcare team in the Ohio Valley.
Pros
excellent physicians and technologists
Cons
needed some newer equipment, and too much drama
Have issues with some management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  weirtonMay 2, 2015
Has some growing pains to work out in certain departments. There are many staff members who are not very helpful or friendly.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7