WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER

WEIRTON MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

good place to work
RN floor nurse (Former Employee), Weirton, WVOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long drive
always someone there to help or answer questions. The MD's, for the most part, were great to work with and treated you with respect.
Excellent techs and physicians at this facility
Sonographer/ general/ High Risk OB (Former Employee), Weirton, WVJuly 24, 2014
Pros: excellent physicians and technologists
Cons: needed some newer equipment, and too much drama
Excellent doctors and technologists at this facility. Equipment needed upgraded. I love my profession/ was a bit more drama than I had been previously accustomed to, but I loved taking care of patients in my home area. - I love using my skills and knowledge to help my friends maintain and improve their health, and loved being an integral part of a healthcare – more... team in the Ohio Valley. – less
Productive atmosphere
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee), Weirton, WVJune 17, 2014
Pros: i am now comfortable in my job and my work assignments.
Cons: i drive nearly an hour each way 5 days a week.
There has been a lot of changes in my 5 years with this hospital. We are now on our 7th HIM Director and he is moving on next week. I like my job and my co-workers but I want a more stable environment to grow in.
The employees of Weirton Medical Center are very caring.
Finance Director (Current Employee), Weirton, WVApril 30, 2014
Pros: free parking, benefits
There are many challenges at this job. Great opportunity to work with others.
great place to start as a new nurse
lpn/unit secretary (Current Employee), Weirton, WVApril 9, 2014
working on the obstetrics unit was amazing! we were like a group of sisters! great chemistry in the work environment, wonderful area to work in.
Poor patient management.
Radiology (Former Employee), Weirton med Cntr.February 26, 2014
Pros: free parking. benefits
Cons: salary
After working a short time in radiology, I discovered I will neither wish to continue here and I would NEVER schedule any testing here. I consistently watched pts wait 45 mins to an hour after their SCHEDULED appt. time. Not one person in dept. cared that pts were waiting so long. In patient exams were never even thought about until the end of the day. – more... In fact I've witnessed pts waiting long past appt time, then watched everyone decide to go to lunch and left pts in waiting room until they returned. I also witnessed pts waiting for a scheduled procedure with a radiologist and when tech finally could find the dr. You had to wait until he got done with a 15-20minute conversation WITH HIS WIFE!!!!! Unless, you like to sit around and wait for testing, I would not recommend radiology testing at this facility. – less
Busy,hospital atmosphere.
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Weirton, WVFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere.
Cons: short shifting isn't uncommon.
Typical day is busy. Teamwork is all around. Everyone jumps in to help where needed. Patient care it top priority.
registered Nurse
Registered nurse (Former Employee), weirton,WVJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: serving the community.
Cons: no nursing leadership or authentic communication.
First acute care setting. Very long and grueling 12 hr shifts. Colleagues ie, Nurses were good to work with, hard workers. No recognition from managers for exceeding expectations only for rebuke of mistakes. Not a learning/teaching Hospital. Specialists eg. Cardiologists, Nephrologists , GI etc. don't appreciate dedicated and ambitious Nurses, only – more... at best belittle them and at the least, tolerate them. Unit Manager's lack Leadership skills and just blow where the upper management wind goes. Good Nursing experience from the clinical aspect. – less
very inovatitive hospital growing and changing with the times
cath lab, assisting Dr (Former Employee), weirton, wvSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: hospital growing, close to home
Cons: very low pay, hours very bad
Hospital is growing and staying up to date with all medical procedures and practices.
great place to start
Student Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Weirton, WVAugust 26, 2013
They will work with schedules for those who continue their education. Lots of over time available and on-call shifts to pick up. Great OR team that all help each other out. Nice place to learn since it is small.
suitable work environment
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Weirton, WVJuly 1, 2013
suitable place to work,good hours. i like that i was able to work alone in the lab
hard work good people
LPN (Former Employee), Weirton, WVJune 11, 2013
there were wonderful people at WMC but the management was lacking salary was lacking and work schedule continually forced over
Patients are great
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Current Employee), Weirton, WVJune 2, 2013
Pros: interacting with people
Cons: not getting enough hours
A typical day at work is always great. I love what I do. Management team does not really socialize with their employees. Most of my co workers are wonderful people and I love working with them. The hardest part of my job is dealing with combative patients. I love interacting with everyone. Being a phlebotomist is just a great job that I love.
needs better management
Secretary (Former Employee), Weirton, WVMay 23, 2013
Pros: good healthcare benefits
Cons: management needs improved
transcribed dictation from different language speaking physicians, different dialects etc. Coworkers were great.
fun friendly people
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Weirton, WVApril 1, 2013
I did my clinicals here. I did not work here. The people were friendly and very good teachers.
Growing hospital
Nurse Intern - Float Pool (Current Employee), Weirton, WVMarch 4, 2013
Management is easy to work with. Most of the staff is easy to work with. They are adding new areas to the facility and bringing in new physicians that are up to date with procedures etc.
N/A
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Weirton, WVFebruary 12, 2013
-Quality Control
-Presented the exam to the patient
-Placed Intravenous Lines
-Utilized radiation safety measures
-Area Monitoring
enjoyed working there
LPN (Former Employee), Weirton, WVDecember 29, 2012
Busy everyday, best co-workers were those on skilled care, hardest part of job was workload at times, enjoyable part of job were the patients and families..
Very Professional Atmosphere
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Weirton, WvaSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: excellent management, and supervisors
Cons: pay could of been better
Very Enjoyable, Stable, Hardworking Enviornment. Great Management And Supervisors. Great Advancement Oppertunities. Excellent Patient Care. Friendly Atomosphere And Patients. Challenging Job, Always Busy, But Thats What I Loved The Most!!
Not the best at training. Lack of communication among staff and managment.
Nurse-Intern (Current Employee), Weirton, WVSeptember 4, 2012
When I first started I had a very tough transition mostly because there is no way for the managment to communicate to the entire staff because they don't have an email portal or anything like that. I started with a large group of students who were "Nurse Interns" and no one knew who we were or what our role was because it was not stated clearly to us – more... or the staff. After a few months I got used to the position, however it never actually turned in to what they said it would be. I did however learn a lot about the work environment, and like every hospital saw some really great nurses. – less