Weis Markets Employee Reviews

Chaotic and uninformed
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJune 22, 2017
The training they gave our store when they took over was poor at best. This lead to a miserable work environment for my staff. My manager was worse than most.
it was a great experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Perryville, MDJune 22, 2017
This was my first job, and it was such a great experience for it being my first job. I really enjoyed the people that i had worked with there, and it was on the highway so a variety of different customers would stop in and it was great to meet other people. it also made my customer service skills better.
Good pay, bad management
Customer Service Associate/Monitor (Former Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work for me was either working the customer service desk or having a monitor shift where I was in charge of supervising the front end and making sure it was running smoothly. I learned how to operate registers, conduct good customer service, and basic office work. The management at my store was poor and very two sided. They did not want to work with people and often times would schedule people outside of their availability.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rude managment
Company can use work on better benifits
Baker (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJune 19, 2017
Starts out early and is hot conditions in the Bakery.
Management was nice and professional.
The culture was fast passed to make the time go by.
Hard part was keeping the quality of produces up.
Pros
Good learning experience.
Cons
Earlier hours.
the workers dont like it here
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 18, 2017
the work was not dificult however working behind the deli counter everyone would always gossip about whoever was not there that day, i hated it. the manger was a real pain as well and never had you stand around, even if all the work was done she was never satisfied. most dificult part was keeping up with the demand that our manager had and also the customers. best aprt of the job was closing up and going home.
Pros
free meat and chese samples
Cons
short breaks no benefits.
Weis Markets
Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 16, 2017
I've worked for Weis for a little over three years now. It's an great job to learn and grow from. Weis allows employees to move up in the company, given you put the work in. I've learned a lot moving up with through the company, such as, time management, making schedules, balancing invoices, training new hires, and communicating to make a good work environment. I think the part that makes this job hard is the management team of the store. I've had managers who are leaders and want to help motivate the employees to push sales and customer service. On the other hand, I've also had managers who could careless about being understaffed, leading to unhappy customers, and would rather sit in the office and tell others what to do.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, good starter job
Cons
401k when 21, stress environment, moral is bad.
It's was an awesome job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Binghamton nyJune 16, 2017
The people I worked with were awesome I advanced fast and moved up to assistant manager. I made food slices and prepared all the ingredients for special orders. We made fresh bread and cakes.
A Friendly Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Gap, PAJune 15, 2017
My typical day starts out by helping customers with any questions they have. I help put tags up. price items, make sure sales are running smoothly, and that customers are satisfied with their experience. The individuals I work with are very friendly and make the day brighter by being there.
great first job
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honesdale, PA 18431June 14, 2017
This job would be a great first job. When I started they hired at 7.65 / hr and they paided weekly , Usually you received 24 hours a week but could pick up more by doing other positions. This job is great for anyone looking to start at the bottom and work your way up to the top.
Fast-paced cake decorating and baking environment
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work included decorating 20 - 40 cakes for display and sale in the cooler cases, decorating 12-15 dozen cupcakes, mixing icing, designing cakes, consulting with customers to take custom cake orders, baking, and cleaning. This was a part-time summer job for me. When I was hired, I clearly stated that I was only available on weekdays. After 2 summers of employment, the Bakery Manager insisted that I needed to work weekends.
Pros
creativity encouraged
Cons
scheduling
I didn't enjoy working there.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Shamokin, PAJune 11, 2017
My co-workers were rude and full of drama. The managers are also rude and bully their way into the new employers . It's a childish and immature work place. The pay wasn't worth it and the people there were horrible .
Pros
It was a needed job.
Cons
Rude workers, rude costomers, too low of a pay rate, not enough hours, etc.
N/a
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PA 18344June 9, 2017
I do not feel the want or need to give a review on this job establishment, but the job has a decent pace during the day & easy to learn how to do new things.
Pros
Store discounts, ability to earn free lunches
Cons
Very slow personal growth
Fast paced and very hectic at times.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2017
I haven't been employed at Weis for very long,so I feel a review at this time wouldn't be fair although I do enjoy my job and colleagues very much.It is a very fast paced job.I have always enjoyed working with people and this job allows me to meet and talk with a wide range of people.
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDJune 8, 2017
could have some good days but then have some bad ones as well but the people there are very out going and open to new associates. plenty of opportunity to get promotions or switch departments.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Short breaks
weis markets
maintain front-end (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 7, 2017
collecting carts and maintaining the front-end and taking the trash out I have learned to be on time the hardest part of the job is when u are done with a job u don't know what to do next until u ether do something yourself or ask
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
work place is to cluttered and you can't get through the aisles
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bellefonte, PAJune 7, 2017
n steel in front of management and they do nothing about it i should be able to go in turn my self scans on instead of stocking the bags fill register paper and clean the floors
Pros
i like my hours
Cons
you have to ask for your breaks or you don't get them
Worst place to work
Assistant produce manager (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJune 7, 2017
Management in this company is bad. Only seem to care about their business when someone from higher up is coming to visit. If you are in a management position and a woman they pretty much run you out of there.
Not much to say
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAJune 7, 2017
Weis in general is not bad. It all depends on your store management. There are definitely good managers and decent stores to work at, I just would not recommend grocery stores to anyone.
very productive.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 5, 2017
It was a productive work environment with a very friendly atmosphere. The other employees are very family oriented and understanding. And the managers are very flexible when it comes to hours.
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks.
Cons
n/a
not a good career choice
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 4, 2017
part time job

not a good career choice

They work you hard for a minimal pay and they have fired managers for protecting the employees and upholding the rules and regulations of Weis Markets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weis Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7