WEISER SECURITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Depends on site
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 26, 2016
Good job. Easy. Get what you pay for. Not a bad job. I like the flexibility. You can get overtime. Thats a plus. Good sites. Management is easy to get in contact with. Pay could be better. But hey dont do that much hard labor for the pay. If you dont have a criminal record get a security class d license get a security job. Awesome easy gig.
Pros
Easy work. Good sites. Flexible.
Cons
Pay
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2016
They care more about the employees that make the company look bad and not about the employees that make the company look good. The management sucks. They don't know how to treat their employees. The pay is terrible and they should be ashamed of how much they pay.
Terrible place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2016
Management is terrible, does not take care of issues, ignores just about all requests, disrespectful, unprofessional, does not properly train supervisors etc. Also bad pay for the most part, pays less then most companies do
Good steady hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2016
This is a good company. It is a healthy field for the mind and body. The pay is sustainable and you can work for more than one security company. The field of security is some what not secure because your company may lose the contract with the business putting you on a different schedule because you or another employee was not doing their job. You can move up within a year of good service but that position is a hassle more than a blessing. Don't take anything less than 9.50 for your work but do it if you have to and always be prepared to work a second job. This is America and most people are truckers. Look to security for your customer service skills.
Pros
Freedom, lenient management, constant hours, simple tasks, constant weather
Cons
Freedom, sometimes you run the property alone, hard to not be lazy and not doing your tasks can get you fired, pay is border line warehouse pay, hours may not be convenient for second job
No direction. No training and no opportunities for a raise
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 2, 2016
This was by far the most unprofessional job ive ever had. There was no training, you basically get told to show up to a site and figure it out on your own. Supervisors never stood up for the employees and we were told to do numerous things that werent agreed to on the contract. If youre looking for a job stay away from this company in the birmingham area.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough employees, the lowest paying security company and no chance to move up.
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
Weiser Security is a good company to work for. You can advance within the company. Also they will offer classes to help you grow within.
Absolutely a joke
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 5, 2016
This company is an absolute joke to the security field. The Durham NC branch is full of under knowledged idiots. If you are serious about security I highly highly recommend you run away fast from this company. Absolutely zero structure, when I started I asked the captain about a BOLO I seen......the idiot didn't even know what that was. I don't have enough time to even begin to tell you what a horrible company this is. Applicant beware !!!!!!
Pros
Absolutely zero
Cons
Everything under gods green earth
Bad Company.wants you to work,but refuses to make it right when they make mistake in your pay!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCApril 26, 2016
Worst Company I have ever worked for PERIOD.Weiser Security Services in Charlotte,NC.Nobody in the Charlotte office seems to know,or even care for that matter,if employees are paid the wages due them. They have owed me a days pay ever since Dec.30,2015! After contacting them several times and showing them the PROOF (ie copies of time sheets and ck.stubs) they just keep telling me they are going to pay me, but it hasen't happened.That's 4 months(as of today)and still trying to get that one 8 hrs. pay. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Too many to list !!!!!
Bait and Switch
not an employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 3, 2016
This company advertises management positions but when you get there, they will tell you that the job is already filled but they do have this undesirable, 3rd shift, low paying position available. Don't fall for the "Operations Manager" or "Field Manager" tag lines in the job advertisements.
Pros
Cons
This company practices Bait and Switch tactics.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Good managers to work for. If you do your job like the you are directed, the managers notice. One of the better companies I have worked for.
Pros
opportunity to advance
Cons
none, if you follow direction
To many bad things to mention
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2016
All the managers have left the company but one, the night supervisor (2) have left the company. And to many bad thing to mention.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
A small guardhouse with a lot of people entering property to keep you busy throughout theshift
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2015
Worked steadily so day or night shift passed quickly. Learned more computer skills. I worked 3rd shift so I had almosr no contact with management. Did however see many memos from management with new instructions and always ending with: those who do not comply will be terminated immediately. I worked alone so had contact with other guards for a minute when changing shifts. Hardest part of job is dealing with people you have to refuse entry to because they are always mad. Best part of job was meeting many very nice people.
Pros
Work alone no bosses around
Cons
no lunch or any kind of breaks
it is a great place that i work at and a great company that i work for
Certified Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2015
productive and fun. very nice environment. I love the job all that goes with it except the pay. the company especially my manager is great to work for and with.
Pros
safe and none stressful
Very nice post to work. Von's Warehouse
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 8, 2015
This location at Von's Milk and Bread plant in Commerce is really chill. Big guard shack with fridge and microwave. Most important, All the workers were pretty chill just didnt get enough money for all the work.
Pros
A.C in guard shack
Cons
Not enough money for the job we had to do.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
I have no complaints about this company I have been with them for 2yrs+ but I just need more hrs. Everyone I work with has taught me something to carry along in my field.
A respectable employer to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NCSeptember 17, 2015
Most days depending on the site its mostly just letting people on and off the property, ie they show their ID and or I make sure I track what I need to from trucks by taking down information on the trucks and containers that come in and or trucks will have trailers that I have to check out. The company has some respectable people to work for and very understanding and they use a surprising amount of good ole horse sense. I like work for these guys because the people I work for allow me to use my ability to think and make decisions. If you want to work the management dose its best to make sure that if they are able they will offer it to you.
Pros
the abality to work bymyself i.e. I like the trust they have in me.
Cons
The pay can be low
Good security company with flexable managment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Managers may allow you to try different locations until you find the match you prefer. Black uniforms are available upon request if you prefer night shifts.
Pros
choice on sites, night shift
Cons
traffic on dayshifts, random hours, schedule changes
HR/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, alSeptember 9, 2015
Alway busy but enjoyed my job. Enjoyed meeting and working with new people. Company is flexible but was on call 24-7 little family time.
Pros
Alway learning new things and meet new people
Cons
Branch office is understaffed. Which affect contact with Client and guards.
You work hard for little pay
Office HR/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2015
My belief is...you get out of work, what you put in it. At least that what I use to think! Here advancement happens faster than- competitive compensation.
Pros
work is always available
Cons
Hard work and dedication is often oveerlooked
bad bad please stay away
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Baton RougeApril 4, 2015
Very bad pay. Management is a joke.This is the Geismar area which Baton Rouge control.New Orleans has the branch office which is no better so many complaints have went to them and nothing gets resolved.They all is a joke so please stayaway
Pros
Nothing good to say
Cons
Nothing good to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEISER SECURITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8