WEISER SECURITY SERVICES

WEISER SECURITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

It's a job in a bad economy.
Security Officer, Patrol Officer (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FL.February 11, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: have not recieved a raise in 4yrs. in fact, i make less now then when i was hired on.
If I were content then I would not be looking elsewhere. The office cares very little about it's employees and are losing accounts at a furious rate. No growth and good ideas are ignored.
Nice company to work for but would like to make more money
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee), Greenville, TxFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: close to home only 11 miles to site
Cons: not enough hours or pay per hour
I like the employees and site. I work two days of a 12 hour shift each and then an 8 hour shift on the 3rd night, a total of 32 hours per week. The best thing about it is I just live about 11 miles from the site. Weiser Security Services is a good company to work for because they do try to put you at sites close to home but they do not pay enough per hour.
Fun job
Lead Officer (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 23, 2014
Pros: making new friends
Cons: one lane entry for residents and guests creating lines
A typical day: Interacting with people.
I've learned to always be pleasant and carry a smile.
I work with a great group of people to make for a great day.
Hardest part of the job: Turning guests away who don't have prior authorization to enter.
Most Enjoyable: Becoming like family to residents.
Not productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Not a productive and fun workplace. It was a learning experience.
Weiser Security is a JOKE!
Security Guard (Current Employee), TCP -Ft. Payne, ALOctober 20, 2014
Pros: none at post i am assigned to!
Cons: client micro-manages everything!, all calls to other supervisors or emergency operations must be ok'd by client., phone calls, text message and emails to client and site-supervisor go unanswered for days, if they are answered at all!
Weiser is more worried about the Client being happy than the employees. If site supervisor is told that employees are looking for other jobs, the response is "I don't care, I can replace everyone tomorrow." Pay-scale is ranked among LOWEST in nation, advancement depends on how much you kiss someones backside.Client demands Security Officers do work that IS NOT part of security job (i.e. Custodial and maintenence duties). Client moves Guards without reason or advance notice., creating conflicts with other jobs. Demotes Security Officers without reason. Has Guards removed for doing job as described in Post Orders. Procedures CHANGE on a daily basis. Client threatens to revoke contract with Weiser and Weiser bows down to client. Weiser DOES NOT care about employees! I'm still employed here but will flip burgers at Burger King if I can get on: pay is MUCH better and less stress! Client and site-supervisor have NO RESPECT for age and experience of employees. Client considers Security to be a "necessary evil" and below "Mall Cops" but is too cheap to go to in-house security. Post supervisor calls you and gives less than 30 minutes to come in and then only gives Guard an hour: usually calls in employees that live 30-45 miles away. Changes work schedule and does not notify Guards of changes.
Caregiver
Security Officer (Former Employee), jacksonville, floridaSeptember 27, 2014
My overall job duty including assisting the elderly with day to day life chores. As far as maintaining an helath diet, health appointments, askills management.
Proffesinal atmosphere, Fun learning
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Currently attending Concorde Career Institution working on a diploma in Patient Care Technician. The hours are from 8am till 12pm, Monday to Friday.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 8, 2014
Filling out paperwork, ensuring all entrances and exits are secure.
Great job for college students
Security Guard (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: if you're working overnight or until midnight you can study or do homework
Cons: pay varies
Security is more so for the student with bills. If you're in school and need something part time and easy money to pay the bills security is a great job. They worked with my school schedule and gave me other jobs during summer breaks.
Manager of Security
Manager of Security (Current Employee), Miami,FlJune 12, 2014
Pros: great ppl to work for
Cons: limited growth
I am in charge of maintaining client relationship positivity in the work place. Also I would manage 15 employees. I make sure all employees are following the rules and regulation.
liked meeting different people
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
loved the job it was just time for advancement so I could be somewhere that I can grow in the company
Keep looking
Guard (Former Employee), Santa Fe springs,caFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: be thankful u can feed your family
Cons: work for them and u will soon find out
Worst company to work for.. No pay raise, no promotions. The mangement suck from the account manager down.. Theres a constant turn over rate.. Most company's want u to be a team player,, not this company they like when co-workers dont get along.. No matter how much u kiss up to them, u wont get nowhere. If ur looking for something jus for right now. Go to Mc. Donalds
Relaxed atmosphere with minimal impact.
Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee), Statham, GADecember 11, 2013
Pros: free food from the lines, time for activities.
Cons: no breaks, little interaction with other employees, difficult to schedule vacation time.
On a typical day, one must be diligent during shift changes to manage incoming and outgoing employees as well as trailers entering and leaving the yard. Each guard is responsible for ensuring that no employees without proper authorization enter the building or proceed onto the production floor. We must monitor gate access to the lot and log inbound and outbound deliveries while ensuring that the assigned doors are secured and that employees do not take product from the production floor. My coworkers were friendly and ready to lend a helping hand. Management was efficient with scheduling and training was easy to catch onto. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other employees.
Good place to work, minus benefits
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Arcadia, FLNovember 29, 2013
Pros: work schedule
Cons: benefits
company does a good job of training and offers very flexible schedules.
Security guard
Class "D" Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2013
A very flexible place to work where I enjoyed working 3rd shift.
Nice place to star a career and end a career.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2013
Pros: great gift cards.
Cons: need more benefits
Did allot of walking plant site. Learned how to operate safety equipment. Management got better as time spent with company. Great co-workers. Nothing was hard about the job. Meeting fun people everyday.
A Great Employer
Security Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: unarmed only
I love working here, the Branch Manager is great and the Officers I have met have all been wonderful.
I was not there very long.
Security officer (Former Employee), Mobile, ALOctober 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I was not there long enough to get to really know anyone. My job was to just check delivery trucks in and out of the gate.
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee), ANY LOCATIONSeptember 19, 2013
Cons: pay and hours
Don't go there. The pay is low. they lie to you. Tell you you will get overtime and at least full time, but you end up with less than 40 hours a week.
Unprofessional - was working under expired licenses.
Securiry Supervisor/Security Captain (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2013
Pros: met some great people from the company.
Cons: did not handle their business. lost a great contract.
I did not work under this company very long. Before the year was up, the client discovered their licenses were expired. Their contract with the client was terminated.

WEISER SECURITY SERVICES Salaries