Weiss Memorial Hospital

Weiss Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

It was a hard place to work due to poor management
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
Co-workers were hard working and supportive. Persons in the management position on the other hand were not supportive nor seem to care for the employees and staff.
Family type atmosphere.
HR Support Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexible boss, and friendly employees.
Cons: under staffed i needed additional help.
Checked emails and voice mails. Learned how to enter information into SMS payroll system. Some management were demanding. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The work since only me and no backup. The data entry and assisting employees with questions.
medical assisting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
Working at this company was not pleasant.Management worked against the employees, there was no job advancement opportunities and forget about using their tuition reimbursement program.
I worked real hard and was reward for my services at the post office
Postal Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: we had 3 breaks
Cons: no cons
For the 6 years working at the Post Office, enjoy all of the shifts that I worked. The post office consist of prepping the mail to get it ready for dispatch for the next business day. I worked all the mail and when my supervisor was running late, they would asked me to filled in until he come, because I was the only one who knew how too program the machine.
Currently employed
Permanent, full time employee (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: poor management, lack of direction, negative atmosphere
When I first started I thought finally a place I can retire from. Boy was I wrong. They suck you in making you feel welcomed but as soon as you start you can't reach anyone in HR. Your boss is rude, condescending and inappropriate.I will not be here long at all. The staff fight with each other why would I want to stay here. No way I don't need the negative energy. I will spread my sunshine elsewhere.
work environment was wonderful, leadership not
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: over crowded with employees
Right before I started working for this company I was told my HR that they were being bought by another company and that I had nothing to worry about. Almost 2 or 3 months later most of the dept was either laid off or resigned. That included the management. I was one of the casualties of war (laid off). When I started there were about 30 employees and by time I left there was only one supervisor, one coder who had just graduated from school and was on maternity leave, and a hand full of staff. That was years ago and surely things have had to have smoothed out by now. I just worked there during a bad time in the history of the hospital.
Overall great job that taught me a lot.
Health Information Management Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
On a everyday basis I picked up Medical Records from 8 floors I then processed, scanned and indexed the medical records into the system. I also copied medical records when needed. I learned how to analyze medical records as well. Management was ok they tried their best to help when help was needed. My co workers were great we offered help to other all the time and always offered friendly face. The hardest part of the job was not receiving pay raises even after having more of a workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my co workers and helping the doctors.
good
Certified Surgical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
 Managed orthopedic cases on 200-bed inpatient floors, taking care of pre- and post-operative conditions.
Very long hours, excessive work load,, placed collections above patients need for care.
Registrar/Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Chicago, Il /Westchester, Il.August 13, 2014
Pros: competetive salary
Cons: worked long hours, management bias & placed collecting patients deductibles above patients need for care.
focus on collecting money instead of patients need for care.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), chicago, IlJuly 25, 2014
Weiss is a great place to work. the peoplr there are like family.
Family feel in a professional enviroment
Unit Clerk/PCT/PC (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 13, 2014
I learned from some of the best doctors and health care professionals within this hospital.
The staff is great, but some organization is needed
Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2014
I schedule surgeries on a daily basis. The people I work with are wonderful, but the management is not so great. They don't care to listen to their employees comments or concerns.
Productive and effective
Patient Access Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: everyday was different
The work is very satisfying assisting patients and co workers during the day and the ability to work different shifts days or weekends
Informative work place
Extern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, willing to teach someone who is just out of school
Cons: healthcare benifits
Clinical Skills Used: Vital Signs , Specimen Collection and Transport, Examination Assistance, Wound Dressings, Pregnancy Testing, Diabetes Screening, Cholesterol Testing, EKG
Administrative Skills Used: Appointment Scheduling, Answering Phones, Inventory Control, Office Organization
Very exciting hospital to volunteer for.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: working in the field i went to school for.
Cons: externship ended
Weiss has given me the opportunity to fine tune things I have been taught in school and also allow me to experience new opportunities.
I was there for an extern
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 10, 2014
Working with this hospital on my extern was a great experience and I would love to have been apart of them.
short commute
Unit Secretary-Same Day Surgery (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 3, 2014
The best thing about working at this hospital was the commute was short, otherwise it is not a welcoming environment at all. When I started I was told I would be working in one area and was moved constantly from one area to the next, never getting "full" training in any one location and I never even worked or trained in the location I SUPPOSED to work in initially. The managers seemed nice enough, until I had questions about work flow or how to handle situations, then they pushed me back to the people who were supposed to be training me (the same people who never gave me any insight to the job, work flow etch). I finally received some insight as to where I can find answers to my questions when one of the physicians complained that I was not being properly trained and he proceeded to apologize to me about this lack of training. The last draw came when I learned they were starting to lay people off. I have MANY years experience working in hospital settings and I never heard of this (unless the hospital was closing completely). And one of my co-workers told me that this type of thing happens there every year or so, they lay people off claiming budget cuts and within a few months re-hire many of the workers (should you re-apply). All in all it is very backwards place to work and I would only recommend it if you are not planning on staying long.
Very productive work environment
externship (Former Employee), Chicago,illDecember 9, 2013
enjoyed every moment as a student learned o much
i know this is what i'm made for in the health field
Internship
Social Work Internship (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2013
I worked at this hospital for 7 months to complete the graduate degree requirements. My position was discharge planning. I worked with patients 60+ who were located on the medical/surgical floor. There were times when I assisted in geropsych and the ER.
My Externship at Weiss Memorial Hospital
Medical Assistant EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: if busy no lunch and short breaks
Typical day at work on Pulmonary and Ventilation Floor 3-S.charting
Vitals on computer, EkG,must check with nurse to see what times certain patients had to get glucose testing this was very important .learning how to change a bed with a bedridden patient and how to correctly handle a patient on a ventilator The hardest part of job was just seeing so many patients dying with lung cancer and the thought of cigarettes are horrible. The most enjoyable is when a patient smiles when you have given them care and made there stay comfortable and trusting. My co-workers were very experienced and taught me the correct way to be a healthcare worker and they all were very informative for165hours was my externship work.

1 2 3