Weiss Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

This was a slow-paced hospital, great place to work for.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Weiss Memorial is a very small Chicago based hospital, the culture is a slow-paced more relaxed environment. Will working there I felt more like a family than just like and employee.
Pros
The slow-pace, and relaxed enviroment
Cons
Lack of hours
Favoritism and understaffed.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
Employees must pay to park and the parking garage is unsafe. There are no cameras, no security posted and homeless people follow women to their cars and jiggle door handles.
Favoritism is a reoccurring theme in this facility.
All departments are understaffed which can create a safety concern for patients.
Pros
I can't think of any
Cons
Not a bad place to start off at.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Even though it was just patient transport I worked in I can tell that this place would be good place for any health care provider to start their career at.
fun and relaxed place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
Starts with out patient and in patient. The supervisors are helpful and hands on. Make the patient happy and comfortable to go through their procedure.
Fun and caring workplace
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2017
Working at Weiss Memorial Hospital was a great experience for me. I learned so many valuable lessons and gained many skills all due to the kind doctors and residents in this hospital.
poor benefits
Director of Cardiac Telemetry, Acute Rehab (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
poor benefits for middle management, for profit organization, primary focus is the bottom line and not always as concerned for the needs of its leaders. poor work life balance
It is definitely a place to learn and become comfotable with your career.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
Weiss is a cultural place to work at. It has many benefits as far as learning and becoming comfortable with your career. The hospital has a great location and it has a friendly environment.
hardest part of the job
Staff Registered Nurse, LDRP, (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
Old position in OB. Lack of current technology made for caring for laboring women difficult at best and unsafe at times. Overall hospital is acceptable.
Eye Doctor Office
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
Help with handling customers, take them to their assigned room. Help them pick out their new glass, Handle mail, sent out flyers, kept office organized. Handle records.
Hospital full of diversity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2017
Your working with a diverse staff and patient population. The hospital caters to the community. The management try to make everyone feel comfortable.
Pros
Good pay, nice co workers
Cons
Short staffing
Productive fun work place.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Working in a smaller community Hospital allows for intimat care. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i can provide excellent care to patients.
My productivity goes with having ready food for the two doctors lounges ,retail ,catering and monitoring patients meal during the day.
Part time food service worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work I enjoy working and helping my co_workers meet their goal throughout the day and ensuring that patients and retail are getting tjeir meals on time properly prepared and well presented by meeting the haccp requirements.
Pros
No problem. I am a great performer
Cons
Experience in this field its well deliver
Challenging and exciting
Event and Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 5, 2017
Good work experience. I learnt a lot about myself as well as working in an hospital. It certainly was not all fair and clear. It was long work hours, with variety of work projects. However, it was not recognized nor appreciated.
Pros
People
Extremely rewarding experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
This was my first position in academic medicine. I'm grateful to the team I worked with, as my experience at Weiss was the foundation for administrative support positions to follow. I learned a great deal about the nuts and bolts of day-to-day clinical work and about providing support to academic physicians and researchers who also are practicing physicians. It was incredibly challenging. But it was also a new field for me. I thrived in the environment and thoroughly enjoyed stretching my skill sets in a new area.
Many Problems
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Over worked significantly, hardly any breaks, short staffed, don't know when to say no to scheduling cases, so the staff never see's the light of day.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
You never go home
very productive and very organized
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
I love that hospital it taught me a lot to where i wanted to be in the real world . I got attached to so many people i did not want to leave at all . The co-workers was very intelligent and nice .
N/a
Coordinator of Surgical Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work - good
What I learned - a lot
Management - average
Coworkers - good
Hardest part - nothing
Enjoyable part - great
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2016
a great place to work for. really learned a lot. co-workers are great. the hardest part was they never had a day to day thing also back and forth
understaff and overworked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  administrationJune 18, 2016
Poor management, no patient care and many double standarts which changed daily.
About 12 peoples quit during the time I worked there and they forced you to quit.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no break, no management support...
Great company
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2016
Language Link was my first serious job and I love everything there. I loved my co workers who were so friendly and helpful. I enjoyed all the moments working there with all the students, teachers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weiss Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Weiss Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location