WEB UX/UI Designer
The WEB UI/UX position will be the liaison between IT and Marketing to help create, develop and maintain online marketing content. Responsibilities include designing, developing, testing and updating websites to help improve the user experience. This position requires both strong technical knowledge and intermediate artistic skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with marketing department to identify needs and gather requirements to develop wireframes and mockups.
- Design, build and enhance web page templates, site content, landing pages, email templates and animated banners.
- Coordinate with development team for installation of systems, troubleshooting any identified issues.
- Adhere to change management policies to minimize the impact of changes.
- Train marketing and customer service departments on the optimal use of systems.
- Compile and submit monthly website analytics report to highlight noteworthy trends and/or observations to enhance user experience.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of enhancements and upgrades based on usability research.
- Consult with graphic designers to ensure consistency between the company’s websites and print materials.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, organize web content and document business processes and issues in user departments.
- Adept in gathering and defining project requirements in order to meet department/company business objectives.
- Strong color and layout skills and an understanding of how these basic design principles are applied to the web.
- Strong understanding of user interface and usability principles.
- Excellent experience with HTML, CSS and Wire framing.
- Expert experience in developing demos, prototypes and proof of concept mockups.
- Intermediate experience with Photoshop.
- Excellent knowledge of naming conventions and industry best practices.
- Intermediate experience with MVC Framework.
- Ability to maintain a standard look and feel across all web sites.
- Strong knowledge in SEO best practices.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the Microsoft environment.
- Willingness to be a team member with ability to be a team leader.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, be professional and proactive in completing assignments.
- Skill in resolving usability complaints and concerns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing about technical subjects to non-technical users in a manner in which they can easily understand.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Information Systems, Marketing, Graphics Design, or related field; or 2 - 4 years work experience as a Web developer and graphics artist, preferably in a Microsoft environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with development in a .NET environment.
- Experience with Flash or Silverlight is a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Web.
- Must possess a valid State issued Drivers License.
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
We offer medical, dental and vision benefits; 401K, flexible spending account plan, vacation and a friendly, smoke-free facility. Please send cover letter, salary history and resume. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted during this search. Must be authorized to work in the United States. The position is based in St. Louis, MO 63139. No calls please.
Job applicants are required to take and pass a drug test and background check as conditions of employment.