WEL Companies Employee Reviews

Job Stability
Driver Manager- Extended Operations (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIOctober 7, 2017
Always unsure of when your job may go away or get moved. High rate of turnover in the office. They are trying to become a bigger without tools in place.
Not what it used to be
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WISeptember 8, 2017
The company has declined over the years. Poor management is partly to blame for this. The office staff reminds me of the movie "Mean Girls". It is not a very professional environment.
normal day
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 30, 2017
working for wel company is where I kind of got a lot of my forklift experience. we also did assembly line work as well. I did both the assembly line work and the fork lift work jus depends on where I was needed for that day
in general one of the better companies to work for.
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIAugust 9, 2017
my time at wel was one of the best i've had. company owner was on site at the main terminal. open door policy was great! driver manager was easy to work with. just wish they had a regional or dedicated route and i would have stayed.
Pros
great pay and supporting driver manager
Cons
long time over the road before returning home
above average
Driver OTR Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 19, 2017
nice bunch of people, will keep you moving for the most part, like every company they have their ups and downs.. not really equipped to run teams the way they should be run.
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 6, 2017
This job is very laid back and everyone gets along quite well. You are basically working side by side with the owners and everyone is treated like family.
Nice company
OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 30, 2017
Busy warehouse with several accounts to handle on weekends. A variety of duties are need to fulfill all the days responsibilities. Work with a variety of people and personalities.
If you have to start somewhere?
driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 10, 2017
Very controlling company. I was hired for a regional job with the understanding of two full days off per week and once training was over they said the area was no longer available and I was told I would be going out on the road for five weeks at a time. Not acceptable.
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIMay 1, 2017
You can make a great living working for WEL, friendly and easy to talk with your driver manager. They will help you succeed and will back you in their lease program. They have short term lease they will lead to ownership.
Regional Driver
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 9, 2017
Great company to work for. Dispatch keeps you running and freight is there. Trucks where pretty new , well maintained. Company was good to keep you informed and safety was there first priority.
Poor training methods
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Was in training for a few weeks in which I wAsn't properly trained. Every time I asked him to teach me something I was blown off. Staff was nice but they need to improve on my training method. As a result of not be trained properly I resigned and was kicked out at the terminal we were dropping product off at. Very unprofessional, anything could of happened
Pros
Good stafff
Cons
Poor training methods
Easy going workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 17, 2016
The hours are not the worst however no overtime pay is not a good situation since most weeks you work well over 40 hours. The benefits are not the best and the bonus program sounds good however never reaches the potential.
putting away product.
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 7, 2016
My day starts up when trying to see how many trucks are in the door for the day looking up how many trucks are coming in for today and making sure all individuals put away all product correctly in location.
Pros
bonuses ever month
Cons
short breaks
Very good maintain trucks
Trk Driver (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 18, 2016
Everything is upfront & trouble can be talk & handle with the right Dept.
Everthing is open & everyone works together.
Waitting for a load to get going, from your previous stop.
Verty productive and fast paced position
Accountant, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 19, 2016
I enjoyed seeing everyone each day and performing my daily tasks. The company was very laid back but there was no room for advancement. Reviews, appreciation, and salary increases were not part of their structure.
Pros
Laid back and understanding when balancing work and home life.
Cons
Health/vision/dental benefits were expensive with high premiums, Lack of wage increases with cost of inflation.
no idea sometimes what it was they were doing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 16, 2016
Only worked there a short time, t.g., but they sent me into Texas, was there for 3 day's before finally getting a load to get me out of there, I mean when you send someone with a load, aint you supposed to get them home again? Then the review, What review never got one, asked ever about my experience what could be done better, nothing at all after 90 day's. Any place that I have Ever worked before brought my in, in person, to discuss my Review... Not this place, just keep driving..Then , after 90 day's , got into a wreck in the fuel island, the girl , and I do mean Girl, mya, couldn't figure out what it was that, even after I drew it up for her , still had ?'s lol. Wow do i not miss this place. ty...
Pros
nun that i could think of
Cons
when aske to get home, once didn't happen, no con, but them conning u
productive
TRUCK DRIVER OTR (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIDecember 12, 2015
Great company to work for just great,humble down to earth people in terminals, someone is always there to listen,help and assist you. Would still be there if only I got more hometime. Would go back quickly if I can get a regional or dedicated position that gets me home more often being Im a father,husband and family oriented person.
Pros
Cons
home time
Family orientated company, great enviroment
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 22, 2015
I am my own boss on the road to get the job done. I learned more about the landscape of this great, beautiful country. Management goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs. The hardest part of my job is being away from my wife and 2 children for periods of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is driving 18 wheels itself. Best career ever!
Great Company for being small
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 25, 2015
I worked as OTR driver for almost 3 years( took me twice as I left & came back, but things changed and had to depart for the last time.)

If you want to run & make money in the market, this company is a great refrigerated one to get going with. They have really good equipment in which they take pride in. (owner started driving & still does local runs, including his son who also is in mgt) They have multiple terminals throughout US(most are not 24 hr accessible though and you should plan accordingly. Last I knew they were working on this one issue) I always felt someone was listening to me talk when I visited each department when I had an issue. I didn't have to jump thru hoops to get there either. My dispatcher ran my tail off, sometimes I had to tell her to cool it! But the pay was rewarding. Never sent me somewhere I didn't want to go & always gave me enough hometime.
Pros
Able to talk to anybody in the office when you need to without going thru major hoops, no waiting behind locked doors & glass windows
Cons
not much pay in offloading freight yourself, sometimes you have to
good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIOctober 8, 2014
I liked working here the people were good and easly reachable never had a problem if i did they solved it in a timely fasion. Unfortunatly the company had to close its doors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEL Companies. Our community is ready to answer.