WEL Companies

WEL Companies Employer Reviews

A pretty good starter company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), De Pere, WIJune 2, 2013
Pros: responsive driver managers and front-office staff; improved equipment
Cons: non-standard training; not enough stress on important otr factors
WEL Companies is a pretty good place for new OTR drivers to start their careers. As long as a driver understands the pitfalls of being "low man on the totem pole," s/he will be successful. Go into the job with realistic expectations and don't listen to the bad-mouthing that goes on in this industry. WEL's training program could be more formal, including – more... driver evaluation, and there is a great need for standardization; for example, a driver can be trained using paper logs but be assigned a truck that has electronic logs. The company has undergone significant changes in the past calendar year and hopefully, WEL Companies will continue to improve. – less
Funny and hardworking srapping metals
General Laborer (Former Employee), De Pere, WIJanuary 9, 2013
I always looked forward to going to work for the money and i loved the work i was doing. the hardest part was waking up at 3am to drive to work. my co-workers were great we worked as a team with out any complications. the managers loved our work that we were producing. i learned a lot about different kinds of metals and what there prices were.
very established team effort by all employes
Back Dock Lead (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 9, 2012
i loved this job and will miss it dearly. and find myself feeling like i needed to grow. as a person and employee and felt as if i reached my maximum advancements here with this company.
Loved my job there
Truck driver (Former Employee), Green bay WIMarch 27, 2012
I just wanted to get out of trucking and be home more and spend more time with my daughter.

About WEL Companies

WEL Companies, Inc. was incorporated in September of 1975 and is headquartered in De Pere,Wisconsin. It is privately owned and – Read more