WEL Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Very good maintain trucks
Trk Driver (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIApril 18, 2016
Everything is upfront & trouble can be talk & handle with the right Dept.
Everthing is open & everyone works together.
Waitting for a load to get going, from your previous stop.
Verty productive and fast paced position
Accountant, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 19, 2016
I enjoyed seeing everyone each day and performing my daily tasks. The company was very laid back but there was no room for advancement. Reviews, appreciation, and salary increases were not part of their structure.
Pros
Laid back and understanding when balancing work and home life.
Cons
Health/vision/dental benefits were expensive with high premiums, Lack of wage increases with cost of inflation.
no idea sometimes what it was they were doing
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 16, 2016
Only worked there a short time, t.g., but they sent me into Texas, was there for 3 day's before finally getting a load to get me out of there, I mean when you send someone with a load, aint you supposed to get them home again? Then the review, What review never got one, asked ever about my experience what could be done better, nothing at all after 90 day's. Any place that I have Ever worked before brought my in, in person, to discuss my Review... Not this place, just keep driving..Then , after 90 day's , got into a wreck in the fuel island, the girl , and I do mean Girl, mya, couldn't figure out what it was that, even after I drew it up for her , still had ?'s lol. Wow do i not miss this place. ty...
Pros
nun that i could think of
Cons
when aske to get home, once didn't happen, no con, but them conning u
productive
TRUCK DRIVER OTR (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIDecember 12, 2015
Great company to work for just great,humble down to earth people in terminals, someone is always there to listen,help and assist you. Would still be there if only I got more hometime. Would go back quickly if I can get a regional or dedicated position that gets me home more often being Im a father,husband and family oriented person.
Pros
Cons
home time
Family orientated company, great enviroment
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 22, 2015
I am my own boss on the road to get the job done. I learned more about the landscape of this great, beautiful country. Management goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs. The hardest part of my job is being away from my wife and 2 children for periods of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is driving 18 wheels itself. Best career ever!
Great Company for being small
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 25, 2015
I worked as OTR driver for almost 3 years( took me twice as I left & came back, but things changed and had to depart for the last time.)

If you want to run & make money in the market, this company is a great refrigerated one to get going with. They have really good equipment in which they take pride in. (owner started driving & still does local runs, including his son who also is in mgt) They have multiple terminals throughout US(most are not 24 hr accessible though and you should plan accordingly. Last I knew they were working on this one issue) I always felt someone was listening to me talk when I visited each department when I had an issue. I didn't have to jump thru hoops to get there either. My dispatcher ran my tail off, sometimes I had to tell her to cool it! But the pay was rewarding. Never sent me somewhere I didn't want to go & always gave me enough hometime.
Pros
Able to talk to anybody in the office when you need to without going thru major hoops, no waiting behind locked doors & glass windows
Cons
not much pay in offloading freight yourself, sometimes you have to
good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIOctober 8, 2014
I liked working here the people were good and easly reachable never had a problem if i did they solved it in a timely fasion. Unfortunatly the company had to close its doors
Misguided
Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIAugust 4, 2014
Fresh out of training I had 2 preventable accidents. Getting ready to watch a video on the 2nd preventable and I was dispatched to Maspeth, New York (Queens) with a 53ft trailer. My driver manager didn't have a clue I was being sent to a borough of New York. 4 preventables in one day. The safety division, rather than send an experienced driver to get me out of queens, tried to gudie me out of Queens by enlisting the help of someone from Queens. Finally, I made it out of New York after 4 preventables. Managed to drive the truck to the terminal. Had the use of the truck for a full day while I waited to be terminated. It seemed the company was only interested in getting the truck back. Safety wasn't an issue, as given my inexperience, recent preventable accidents (2), the company should have immediately shut me down once they learned I was in Queens and these accidents would've been preventable. I have since learned that no 53ft trailers are allowed in any of the 5 bouroughs of New York. For that reason. The difficulty in maneuvering a trailer of that size.
Pros
good trainer...kyley, who no longer works there was the best, good pay, everyone is friendly
Cons
the cold, maintenance supv. has poor interpersonal skills rant and raves
WEL had good benifits and treated their drivers fairly
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 16, 2014
overall WEL was Good CO. to work for they mostly got you home on the dates that you requested to be off. management was good management had good relations with drivers they would know yopu most the time by name and asked if you were having any problems with anyone on the dispatch team or witjh custermers hardest part of job was being out for up to 3 weeks at a time and then ony getting one day off for each week that you were out. most enjoyable part of the job was the traveling to differrent ciies around the country
Pros
company, gave drivers, a jacket, with co, logo on it, after 6mo accident free driving
Cons
you wereout, 2-3 weeks, at atime, had to put up withe, bad drivers in cars, and traffick, jams in major, cities.
Nice people to work with
Appointment Scheduler/LTL Coordinator (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 11, 2013
a typical day consisted of scheduling trucks to destinations for pickups/deliveries. scheduled appointments. Entered information into the system. Coworkers for great to work with. the hardest part of the job was determining the amount of time that it would take for a truck to get from one destination to another. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people on the phone
Pros
working with nice people
Cons
hours were not the best
A pretty good starter company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJune 2, 2013
WEL Companies is a pretty good place for new OTR drivers to start their careers. As long as a driver understands the pitfalls of being "low man on the totem pole," s/he will be successful. Go into the job with realistic expectations and don't listen to the bad-mouthing that goes on in this industry. WEL's training program could be more formal, including driver evaluation, and there is a great need for standardization; for example, a driver can be trained using paper logs but be assigned a truck that has electronic logs. The company has undergone significant changes in the past calendar year and hopefully, WEL Companies will continue to improve.
Pros
responsive driver managers and front-office staff; improved equipment
Cons
non-standard training; not enough stress on important otr factors
very good company to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIMarch 14, 2013
have to have alot of experience, good for experience. Take you very far into your career
Pros
take you where you want to go
Cons
very strict need lots of experience
Funny and hardworking srapping metals
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 9, 2013
I always looked forward to going to work for the money and i loved the work i was doing. the hardest part was waking up at 3am to drive to work. my co-workers were great we worked as a team with out any complications. the managers loved our work that we were producing. i learned a lot about different kinds of metals and what there prices were.
Loved my job there
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Green bay WIMarch 27, 2012
I just wanted to get out of trucking and be home more and spend more time with my daughter.