Welch's

Welch's United States Employee Reviews

A challenging job in which I could adequately support my family.
Line Support (Former Employee), Lawton, MIMay 18, 2014
Pros: discount on juice and jelly purchases, good benefits.
Cons: very short notice when overtime was required, communication between production and shipping was often lacking.
A typical day at work involved working together as a team, which we did very well. The camaraderie was very nice. This helped me learn how to function with a diverse work force. The hardest part of this job was the fact that the line was very fast-paced, and it was sometimes difficult to keep pace. However, this also fueled my determination to do the best I could in keeping up; it became a daily goal for me to be better than the day before.
has the potential to be a great place to work
maintenance (Current Employee), North EastMarch 23, 2014
Pros: high pay and all the hours you would ever want
Cons: not a very good life balance. and being treated like a slave
If management had a clue of what it takes to do our jobs, this could be a great place to work. It is a slave master mentality now. With very little knowledge in management. But most dangerously they think they know what they are doing. Some people are permitted to get away with not doing their jobs, while others are highly scrutinized. In many ways it seems like upper management is trying to destroy the company. Very sad.
good place to work
Maintenance Technician I-II (Former Employee), Lawton, MIMay 25, 2013
I miss the job it is a good place to work I got good training their and
Major area employer, excellant compensation, much overtime..
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), North East, PAMay 14, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefit package
Cons: much mandatory overtime
typical day; get turnover from previous shift,carryover work etc, assign jobs for technicians, monitor production lines, optimize performance. Monitor support utilities-waste treatment, refigeration plant for bulk storage. steam supply etc.
Learned; skills in dealing with subordinates, peers, higher management.
Management;High performance, fast paced, focused
co-workers;great group of people, dedicated
Hardest part of job; 50-80hr/wk normal
Most enjoyable; developing subordinates skills, solving challanging issues
i like it
Puree Operator (Former Employee), Grandview, WAMay 2, 2013
Pros: everything was a plus
Cons: didnt have transportation but was helped out
Coworkers were very helpful and worked together as a family cause they considered themselves as one. The job was easy and fun while the money earn was a lot then use to. The time of shift having to work was nice and never overwhelming surprisingly giving the fact I had no days off for a start month.
Hard work ,but I enjoyed the work and people that I worked with.
forklift drive/ machine operator (Former Employee), Lawton, MIApril 22, 2013
Pros: pay was very good
Cons: laid off
Was nice to work with the people. learned new things everyday. Management wasn't very good.
Poor upper management, no home life, no support
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lawton, MIJuly 10, 2012
Strat plan initiated by CEO and COO had head count reductions and 90% closing of plant as way to increase grower proceeds over 3 years. The result was releasing good people at the corp and plant level, however not one upper mangement position at the plant level was let go! They are a prominant part of the issues that have plaqued the company (Plant) for years. Still a lot of good people there wondering how long it will be before they shut the plant down and have all product co-packed.
Coworkers like family close to home.
Tankroom Atnt, R55 Op, Process Labor, Operator (Former Employee), Lawton, MIJune 4, 2012
Pros: pay and health benefits
Cons: the feeling that i didnt matter and no opportunity to advance in the company
A day at work was typically started in a shift meeting where we were informed of what was happening for our shift. Not always was the information correct but once we went to our work areas our coworkers were able to tell us what was happening with better detail and accuracy. The work environment felt like at times combative with the attitude that management was better than all the other people. While they tried to make us feel as though out opinions mattered it was obvious to us that it was a show. The company overall was a good company for the most part to work for. We had good pay and benefits but the overtime was never addressed satisfactorily and more times than not so many people with families did not get much notice or consideration when it came to overtime. What made the job tolerable was the family like group of people that I worked with. We all watched each others kids grow, we helped each other with tough family issues and laughed and cried together. I miss that the most.