Structural Design Assistant
Welch Packaging, a leader in the corrugated packaging industry with multiple locations throughout the Midwest, is currently sourcing candidates for a Design Assistant position at our production facility in Toledo, OH. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you’ll work in a collaborative, team-focused, fast-paced environment.
Come grow with us!
Interested candidates with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and creatively, and enjoy the challenges of a fast paced and challenging environment are encouraged to apply!
1. Ability to understand performance of each type of board grade, medium and liner combination.
2. Understands customer products/needs, Welch business strategy, Welch sales strategy and overall packing requirements for projects.
3. Supplies final CADs for production runs and sample designs for approval by customer.
4. Ability to use 3-D software (Artios) for development of products or presentations for customers.
5. Provide assistance in design lab tasks and duties as assigned by the Design Lab Manager..
6. Meet deadlines for design requests/samples based on information supplied from sales representative or production.
7. Adhere to and support all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
8. Comply with company policies and procedures.
About Welch Packaging:
Headquartered in Elkhart, IN, Welch Packaging was started in 1985 with four employees. Since then, Welch has become one of the most dynamic independent packaging companies in the United States. Welch now has seven corrugated sheet plants throughout the Midwest and has grown from four employees to over five hundred employees.
With customers at the core of our business philosophy, we have a service discipline that makes us easy to do business with. Through organic growth, strategic acquisitions, and a strong entrepreneurial spirit Welch Packaging continues to be a leader in custom packaging solutions. Welch encourages associates to serve in a variety of civic and charitable organizations. The “Welch Way” involves giving back to our communities. On an annual basis, Welch Packaging contributes to a variety of charities and higher education in the communities in which we serve.
Welch hires people who fit our business culture -- people with integrity, a commitment to customer service and a passion for success. Welch looks for life-long learners committed to making a difference in our business, our customers business and the lives of others through their work.