Welch Packaging Employee Reviews

a good place for someone to start there career.
Machine Operator Lead/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 12, 2017
Do not like the way this company operates. There is no training protocol. they force overtime with little notification and no employee can stay in there position without being moved at will.
Not a Place to work
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 5, 2017
The Elkhart management are clueless.
The secret sauce is failure.
Light a candle to make up for employment mistreatment.
This place is a HR nightmare.
Good job
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2017
I have been currently working here and have acquired new skills achieving new tasks while working here. Have learned how to operate different machines and drive forklifts when I need to to help production achieve higher success and goals.
Clear instructions
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2017
Hourly work is very predictable. Salaried work has little definition or limit of weekly hours. You get the chance to stay as long as it takes to get the job done. With a small budget, your creativity will shine by solving complex issues with what is on hand. A great opportunity to save the company money while using your problem solving abilities.
Pros
Work inside.
Cons
Cant think of any.
Worst place to work for
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 19, 2017
This place is a joke. I dont recommend working here if it were the last job on earth. It was too hot. Assembly line was too fast. I got fired for having the stomach virus. Unbelievable.
Pros
Cons
Worst management of any packaging company.
It's okay place to work
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2017
Cool job hot place to work at your going to get your hands dirty dealing with chemicals changing ink changing print plates also changing machines in the Welch warehouse
The best job ever
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 7, 2017
I took pride in knowing I was walking into a job that I loved. Everyone treated each other like family. It wasn't about a check with this job. It was a pleasure to work for this company
Not a place of growth
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2017
I can't work somewhere where it seems like I'm being singled out on the rules. People with seniority are allowed to do anything they please (talk on phone, stand around not working and etc.) whole if I check the time on my phone I get threatened to get written up. Not Fair.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Too much favortism!!!!
Terribly Negative Work Environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 1, 2017
Management constantly lied to associates. Racist culture. No advancement for persons of color. Culture of favoritism and nepotism were blatant. Hardest part of job was dealing with the rumors that sprouted up daily between and about other associates. Would not recommend any person to apply there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Racism, Nepotism, Dishonesty, No respect for others
Truck driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
Best truck driving job I ever had,love this place absolutely no problems,would recommend this place.
They were easy to work for.
SAW OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 9, 2016
I was laid off. I am not angry about it.When one door closes another one opens. I was attending college while working there and they worked with my schedule.
Most of the employees there were easy to get along with. One machine was hard to feed because you could not keep the hopper very full and it was operating on a fairly high speed.
The machine I normally worked on was old and needed to be updated.
Pros
Christmas bonus and dinner.
Cons
Insurance, pay raises.
N/a
Machine Operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 19, 2016
Good company to work for. Advancement limited to production teams. No advancement from warehouse to front office. nothing additional to add
Production/ friendly environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2016
I've gain a lot of knowledge and experience in working with new machines from working for my recent employer. I worked 3rd shift so my schedule was from 6:30 p.m. til 7a.m. in the morning. I got alone with all of my co-workers and management. I enjoyed doing my everyday routine for welch packaging. My main duty was to operate the banding machine which band/strapped down the orders in preparation to be loading onto freight.
Pros
paid vacation days
Was a great job
MACHINE PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 10, 2015
It was a good job they created you at the door every morning. They seem to care about your problems. And try to work with. Replace was very clean no pressure job treated every one fairly.
Stable and medium paced
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Countryside, ILJuly 4, 2015
Benefits and management could use improvement. It is not too demanding and on average its a medium work pace, but it does vary.
Pros
9.5 hours of pay per day, rarely work weekends
Stron Culture Customer Driven
Production Supervisor / Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 9, 2015
Fast paced high volume production

Learned a great deal about the graphics end of the business / sales

Excellent management and supervisor staff.

Modern up to date and well maintained equipment

Enjoyed working in an team / can do atmosphere.
Pros
Pay benefits opportuity
3rd shift supervisor
Third shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2014
i really enjoyed my job i was always busy always going above what was expected. i had some great employees. the hardest part of my job was operating multiple machines at once when i was short handed.
Lots of overtime
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2014
I enjoy the people I work with on the day to day basis.The amount of overtime worked leaves very little time to spend with family.Seems to be a lack of communication from management to employee.Unorganized at times.Not really any room for the common employee to advance any higher.
Productive Fast Paced environment
Hand Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 30, 2013
Gret place to work
Amazing people to work for
Learned a lot of great things
hardest part of the job was the commute
Excellent at teaching new skills!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 10, 2013
Everyday we had a list of customers that we would make corrugated boxes for. I worked on a machine called a Flexo/Gluer" (Made by EMBA). I started out as a stacker, stacking bundles of boxes and then was moved to feeder, where I would feed raw corrugate into the machine. Next as we hired in temps, I would drive the fork truck and keep the team supplied with raw material, or unload trailers. It was a fun job.
Pros
Management encouraged me to be successful, a place where they will teach you many skills that are highly useful elsewhere.
Cons
Only con I have is I was laid off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welch Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.