Welch Packaging Employee Reviews

Truck driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
Best truck driving job I ever had,love this place absolutely no problems,would recommend this place.
N/a
Machine Operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 19, 2016
Good company to work for. Advancement limited to production teams. No advancement from warehouse to front office. nothing additional to add
Production/ friendly environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2016
I've gain a lot of knowledge and experience in working with new machines from working for my recent employer. I worked 3rd shift so my schedule was from 6:30 p.m. til 7a.m. in the morning. I got alone with all of my co-workers and management. I enjoyed doing my everyday routine for welch packaging. My main duty was to operate the banding machine which band/strapped down the orders in preparation to be loading onto freight.
Pros
paid vacation days
Was a great job
MACHINE PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 10, 2015
It was a good job they created you at the door every morning. They seem to care about your problems. And try to work with. Replace was very clean no pressure job treated every one fairly.
Stable and medium paced
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Countryside, ILJuly 4, 2015
Benefits and management could use improvement. It is not too demanding and on average its a medium work pace, but it does vary.
Pros
9.5 hours of pay per day, rarely work weekends
Stron Culture Customer Driven
Production Supervisor / Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 9, 2015
Fast paced high volume production

Learned a great deal about the graphics end of the business / sales

Excellent management and supervisor staff.

Modern up to date and well maintained equipment

Enjoyed working in an team / can do atmosphere.
Pros
Pay benefits opportuity
3rd shift supervisor
Third shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2014
i really enjoyed my job i was always busy always going above what was expected. i had some great employees. the hardest part of my job was operating multiple machines at once when i was short handed.
Lots of overtime
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 9, 2014
I enjoy the people I work with on the day to day basis.The amount of overtime worked leaves very little time to spend with family.Seems to be a lack of communication from management to employee.Unorganized at times.Not really any room for the common employee to advance any higher.
Productive Fast Paced environment
Hand Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 30, 2013
Gret place to work
Amazing people to work for
Learned a lot of great things
hardest part of the job was the commute
Excellent at teaching new skills!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 10, 2013
Everyday we had a list of customers that we would make corrugated boxes for. I worked on a machine called a Flexo/Gluer" (Made by EMBA). I started out as a stacker, stacking bundles of boxes and then was moved to feeder, where I would feed raw corrugate into the machine. Next as we hired in temps, I would drive the fork truck and keep the team supplied with raw material, or unload trailers. It was a fun job.
Pros
Management encouraged me to be successful, a place where they will teach you many skills that are highly useful elsewhere.
Cons
Only con I have is I was laid off.
nothing good to write
Tooling Co-Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2013
Nothing good about this place trust me good co-workers and thats it
Cons
every thing about this job
fast pace work
Machine Operator/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 4, 2013
good place to work. the work is steady. Overtime is always there if you want it. The pay could be better.
Never should have left
Senior Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 26, 2013
I worked for Welch about 8 years ago. They bought the company I worked for and I can admit I had a chip on my shoulder the entire time I was there. Looking back I could not see the forest through the tree's and the opportunity that lay in front of me. They may be a smaller company but they are growing and trying to be better at everything they do. I left to take a job a much larger corporation thinking I would have a better chance moving up in my career. Since then the guy I trained has moved on to a supervisor and is not a production manage making nearly double what I made at the larger company. He recently asked me to consider taking a job at his plant and I accepted it a couple days ago. The team in place at the Indy plant seems like a great group of people and I look forward to being able to provide them with a more mature and quality employee than I was in the past. My goal is to impress and advance, something not possible where I am leaving. Great workers have great opportunity at Welch.
Pros
good pay, chance for advancement, good management
Cons
had to move to another state to work for them, but thats ok
Fast paced and diverse.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 24, 2013
My day ranged from stapling boxes and lids to training new employees.
The people I worked with and for were fun to be with and always willing to work together too discover new and better ways to make our product.
Fast pace non stop work area
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 12, 2012
I like the people i work with and for but the compensation for what i do is almost not worth it.
Pros
401k, demand in industry, safe and clean enviroment
Cons
short pay, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welch Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.