Welcome House, Inc. is a non-profit agency that provides residential care to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are currently recruiting an experienced Maintenance Director. This is a salaried, full time position requiring a commitment to maintain a flexible schedule.
The successful candidate for the Maintenance Director position will have prior maintenance experience. This position will be responsible for overseeing and directing daily maintenance operations for all Welcome House properties in compliance with all current applicable federal, state, and local regulations and as directed by the Chief Administrative Officer. The Maintenance Director must function as a team leader and team player to ensure the high quality of our maintenance services.
- Accountable for a staff of maintenance technicians and management of the overall maintenance department.
- Monitors the sites for physical safety of the environment for clients and employees.
- Responds to house/site emergencies.
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle fleet: Monitors use of Welcome House vehicles, their condition, maintenance, cleanliness and safety concerns.
- Ensures fire and emergency drills are scheduled, completed, and documented, and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Meets with team regularly to maintain compliance with governing entities, develop staff, providing services and supervision.
- Directly accountable for training and compliance activities, including managing the facilities safety program.
- Accountable for security/loss prevention including physical appearance of all Welcome House sites.
- Maintains and implements a seasonal rotation checklist of items for all Welcome House homes to ensure excellent inspection results and client care.
- Maintain, develop and oversee all contractor/vendor relationships and agreements.
- Compile estimates for home projects and remain within budget.
- Monitors and reports the overall functioning of the homes.
- Understands and demonstrates Welcome House’s Core Attributes.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of OSHA and requirements for reporting.
- Knowledge of ADA and requirements for the facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, dependable person, with ability to be team leader and team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning, change management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and results driven and able to foster a customer service orientation.
- Takes initiative and dedicated to positive change.
- Must be skilled in all phases: plumbing, HVAC, grounds, construction, safety, state regulations, and preventative maintenance.
- Extensive experience as maintenance technician, preferably in Long Term Care. Experience in maintenance management preferred.
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years of job related experience required.
- Schedule: Full-time.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage, paid time off, seven paid holidays, 403B retirement plan, disability leave, tuition assistance and life insurance.
Indeed - 5 months ago