Welcome Wagon

Welcome Wagon Employee Reviews

Good for moms looking to get back in workforce. not a career job
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), home basedMay 8, 2014
Pros: great support for sales
Cons: misleading product offering
Great starter job for someone looking to supplement overall family income. Can be a very difficult product to sell in many areas that have already been saturated with this and other advertising. Doesn't help that company has been around for a long time and has a bad reputation by some past users, and low Better Business Review rating. Enjoyable to work from home. Good sales support although corporate office does not communicate much with sales reps. Product has some definite flaws and can be ambiguous.
Boring
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Plainview, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Friendly people. Boring work environment. Not enough good benefits
A long- standing and well known company.
Sr Community Marketing Consultant/Reg Dir (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: low compensation/benefits
You have a great deal of flexibility on the job. The company is known from coast-to-coast.
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers,
COMMUNITY MARKETING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 27, 2012
Pros: well established 80 year company
Cons: printed product vs. online product
Typical work day: Prospecting early in the a.m and late afternoon. Scheduled 3-4 appointments during prime selling hours each day.

Wonderful support from co-workers. Great to be part of a team that celebrated successes and offered support as needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I developed with my clients. Also, knowing I brought merchants new customers and increased revenue streams.
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers,
COMMUNITY MARKETING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 26, 2012
Pros: well established 80 year company
Cons: printed product vs. online product

Growth
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Madison, NJOctober 21, 2012
With each opportunity I have grown from the people and the experiance.
Administrative staff nice but poor compensation
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee), New York, New YorkOctober 1, 2012
Pros: administrative support
Cons: commission rate on low sale price
The administrative staff is helpful but the position is commission only at a rate of 20% with average sale of $1200. There should be a base salary plus commission. It's all cold calling with no previous customers and the car allowance is generally only $100 a month. Tough to make a living on such a plan!

October 23, 2012

I am sorry to hear there is no base salary to start out in this position. I have always wanted to work with Welcome Wagon, but, I cannot do so with so little pay. With the cost of gas right now, it would be almost impossible to even pay the gas bill. I think the pay structure should change to reflect todays economy. We (I) cannot work for free, much less pay for the wear and tear on our vehicles, if there is no money to be made here.

Great company, wonderful people.
Advertising Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Greater Boston, Southern NHJune 23, 2012
Pros: name recognition
I could not be happier working for this wonderful company with the most fabulous management and owners you could ever ask for.
I am able to meet many business owners and recommend them to new home buyers in their area. The name recognition is the best part as Welcome Wagon has been in business since 1929.
I love my job.