Welcome Wagon Employee Reviews

Wonderful organization
Community Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2017
This is a great job for those who need work flexibilty, and don't have to rely on this income for support, at first. It takes awhile to build up income. A fully commissioned sales position. You work out of your home. President very forward thinking. Company has integrity. Very supportive admin staff.
Pros
Flexibility, management, support, residual income potential.
Cons
Fully commissioned sales, The opportunity can be limited depending on the particular territory.
A lot of effort; little reward
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 18, 2017
Okay enough company to work for, but you are required to put in a lot of effort for very little compensation (including paying for your own membership in community organizations and chambers of commerce, although you're representing the company). The brand isn't recognized or accepted in all parts of the country, so some areas are harder than others to break through the business community. Spiffs are offered, but rarely paid. After the initial paid training period, you are paid only a 20% commission on your sales (individually calculated, not accumulative), with no residuals for prior clients. Expenses aren't reimbursed, and only $100 a month is given for gas usage (they still owe me a couple of spiffs that were promised, and my last month's $100 gas allowance). Very little training is provided, and you're on your own if you start to falter.
Pros
Ability to work from home and set your own schedule.
Cons
Low pay, little training, unpaid expenses.
Not recommended
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, FLMay 31, 2017
My car transmission went out. I was not able to work for 3 weeks, until it was repaired. I contacted them as soon as it happened and kept them informed as I knew something. They let me go. Even though it was a work from home marketing position. I was just 3 months into it, lining up my clients, knowing soon the contracts would come in. A big one did a week after they let me go. I knew that was going to happen! I turned in two small contracts - because my manager cut the prices and told them they could do 6 months instead of a year contract. That wasn't good enough for them.
Great place of employment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 15, 2017
This was my favorite job and the only reason I left was due to layoffs leading up to the company closing down. Pay was great and I had the best manager a brand new employee could have asked for.
Non Existing
Field Sales Liaison and Jr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
This company is no longer in existence, to my knowledge. They went out of business in October of 1998, as I knew it. Otherwise, if it is still operating, it operates through another company under another name.
a first experience in print advertising
advertising sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
I enjoyed a good training opportunity and learned the pros of selling well in to a well known publication sponsored by Realtor.com
Pros
good training and support
It was a good job
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 1, 2015
This is a good company to work for and I made some great relationships. There is no room for growth and I am always looking to better myself. I would recommend working here if you can work on commission only.
Pros
Flexible, working from home and great managers
Cons
Commission only and no advancement opportunities.
name recognition
Community Manager Executive (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 8, 2015
positive work outlook/ need strong phone presentation/ advertising sales/ 75 % working phones for setting appointments/ 25% meeting with clients. Work with layout division to produce proofs. Only printed advertising.
Pros
time/ work balance
Cons
compensation
Work Life Balance is great
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 28, 2014
work with little direction, management is there, but only if you need them.
pay structure needs to be revisited.
Good for moms looking to get back in workforce. not a career job
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  home basedMay 8, 2014
Great starter job for someone looking to supplement overall family income. Can be a very difficult product to sell in many areas that have already been saturated with this and other advertising. Doesn't help that company has been around for a long time and has a bad reputation by some past users, and low Better Business Review rating. Enjoyable to work from home. Good sales support although corporate office does not communicate much with sales reps. Product has some definite flaws and can be ambiguous.
Pros
great support for sales
Cons
misleading product offering
Boring
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Friendly people. Boring work environment. Not enough good benefits
A long- standing and well known company.
Sr Community Marketing Consultant/Reg Dir (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2013
You have a great deal of flexibility on the job. The company is known from coast-to-coast.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
low compensation/benefits
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers,
COMMUNITY MARKETING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2012
Typical work day: Prospecting early in the a.m and late afternoon. Scheduled 3-4 appointments during prime selling hours each day.

Wonderful support from co-workers. Great to be part of a team that celebrated successes and offered support as needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I developed with my clients. Also, knowing I brought merchants new customers and increased revenue streams.
Pros
well established 80 year company
Cons
printed product vs. online product
Growth
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 21, 2012
With each opportunity I have grown from the people and the experiance.
Administrative staff nice but poor compensation
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 1, 2012
The administrative staff is helpful but the position is commission only at a rate of 20% with average sale of $1200. There should be a base salary plus commission. It's all cold calling with no previous customers and the car allowance is generally only $100 a month. Tough to make a living on such a plan!
Pros
administrative support
Cons
commission rate on low sale price
Great company, wonderful people.
Advertising Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greater Boston, Southern NHJune 23, 2012
I could not be happier working for this wonderful company with the most fabulous management and owners you could ever ask for.
I am able to meet many business owners and recommend them to new home buyers in their area. The name recognition is the best part as Welcome Wagon has been in business since 1929.
I love my job.
Pros
name recognition