Welcome Wagon Employee Reviews

Non Existing
Field Sales Liaison and Jr. Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
This company is no longer in existence, to my knowledge. They went out of business in October of 1998, as I knew it. Otherwise, if it is still operating, it operates through another company under another name.
a first experience in print advertising
advertising sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
I enjoyed a good training opportunity and learned the pros of selling well in to a well known publication sponsored by Realtor.com
Pros
good training and support
It was a good job
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 1, 2015
This is a good company to work for and I made some great relationships. There is no room for growth and I am always looking to better myself. I would recommend working here if you can work on commission only.
Pros
Flexible, working from home and great managers
Cons
Commission only and no advancement opportunities.
Good for moms looking to get back in workforce. not a career job
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  home basedMay 8, 2014
Great starter job for someone looking to supplement overall family income. Can be a very difficult product to sell in many areas that have already been saturated with this and other advertising. Doesn't help that company has been around for a long time and has a bad reputation by some past users, and low Better Business Review rating. Enjoyable to work from home. Good sales support although corporate office does not communicate much with sales reps. Product has some definite flaws and can be ambiguous.
Pros
great support for sales
Cons
misleading product offering
Great work environment, wonderful co-workers,
COMMUNITY MARKETING EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2012
Typical work day: Prospecting early in the a.m and late afternoon. Scheduled 3-4 appointments during prime selling hours each day.

Wonderful support from co-workers. Great to be part of a team that celebrated successes and offered support as needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I developed with my clients. Also, knowing I brought merchants new customers and increased revenue streams.
Pros
well established 80 year company
Cons
printed product vs. online product
Administrative staff nice but poor compensation
Community Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 1, 2012
The administrative staff is helpful but the position is commission only at a rate of 20% with average sale of $1200. There should be a base salary plus commission. It's all cold calling with no previous customers and the car allowance is generally only $100 a month. Tough to make a living on such a plan!
Pros
administrative support
Cons
commission rate on low sale price
Great company, wonderful people.
Advertising Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greater Boston, Southern NHJune 23, 2012
I could not be happier working for this wonderful company with the most fabulous management and owners you could ever ask for.
I am able to meet many business owners and recommend them to new home buyers in their area. The name recognition is the best part as Welcome Wagon has been in business since 1929.
I love my job.
Pros
name recognition
name recognition
Community Manager Executive (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJune 8, 2015
positive work outlook/ need strong phone presentation/ advertising sales/ 75 % working phones for setting appointments/ 25% meeting with clients. Work with layout division to produce proofs. Only printed advertising.
Pros
time/ work balance
Cons
compensation
A long- standing and well known company.
Sr Community Marketing Consultant/Reg Dir (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2013
You have a great deal of flexibility on the job. The company is known from coast-to-coast.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
low compensation/benefits
Work Life Balance is great
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 28, 2014
work with little direction, management is there, but only if you need them.
pay structure needs to be revisited.
Growth
Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 21, 2012
With each opportunity I have grown from the people and the experiance.
Boring