Welcov Healthcare Employee Reviews

THE WORST place to work or live!!!!
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEMay 30, 2017
They blatantly lie to your face, saying you can get full time when they don't "have the hours". And having Health care is a joke, it doesn't matter if you are registered as full time, it all is based of the actual hours to work. Don't get me started on pay, it's a pathetic amount.

They take the smallest things and makes them worst than they are. Miss rolling one silverware for the next shift; written up. Going over your time even though your whole job depends on the care aides and CNAs doing their job as well as waiting on the residents. They don't understand how long it takes to do things in the kitchen. I gave them a chance even though all I heard was negative things, don't do it. Just stay away.
Cons
everything. you only get half hour break for morning shift. pay, lieing, benefits.
Horrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MnMarch 24, 2017
This place is horrible. No or miscommunication. The residents suffer. Always short staffed. Cutting hours despite being short staff. Administration don't help out and DON will have other nursing management work on the floor while she works 5-6 hours a day and never on the floor. Corporate management has their favorites but only cares about the bottom dollar and not the residents. I could go on and on. State needs to come in and shut the place down it's that awful.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Horrible management
Administration (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 25, 2017
Question an abuse allegation?? Get terminated! Need to look elsewhere!! Started out good but then got to know the back stabbing which starts in Edina, not everyone at welcov is horrible but as long as you don't ask questions you are good with your job. Over worked and under paid staff.
Progressive Company
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 2, 2017
WHC is a good Company with many very talented and hard working individuals. Down to earth and progressive company with desires to attain the highest levels of quality and services.
Worst company to work for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 21, 2016
Compensation is low. Always Understaffed. Ineffective corporate management. I would never work for them again nor would I recommend this company to anyone.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 11, 2016
Corporate Management plays favorites. They let good managers that care and make a difference go. People are hired that are young and inexperienced that don't know how to manage. Residents are nice. The corporate needs to look at why good people are let go and managers that are awful are kept
Absolutely wonderful residents, awful management.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 8, 2016
I worked for this company for 7 months at fountain springs and never received the pay increase I was promised upon hire.
If you are ill you have to find your own replacement or bring your sick into the building (around the residents) and be sent home. If you don't comply with that you get written up even if you bring in a doctors note.
All the management is nursing staff and are supposed to assist on the floor if their short staffed for a day, and I never once saw that even when we only had one aid per hallway. There was also instances they didn't help when we had one aid on two halls. They do not care about the well-being of their residents unless family complains or is present. They only care about the money and making themselves LOOK good. I would never bring a member of my family here!
Pros
Free lunches on 16hr shifts
Cons
Always short handed terrible managment
Horrible place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 23, 2016
I was offered a job at welcov as an LPN and I accepted. I was lied to about the amount of hours I would be working and also about the unit I would be working on. I was suppose to be full time but when my schedule came out I was only scheduled for 48 hours in a 2 week period. When I was there we were way understaffed yet hours were being cut. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!
Cons
No breaks, unstaffed
Don't work for this company
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 10, 2016
The company is understaffed and overworked with no training given when you start. They let people go without any written warnings or training on how to improve in your job performance. They escort you out the door without letting you take your personal belongings with your from your office. The facility is filled with drug addicts societies rejects so don't place your loved ones here.
Cons
understaffed
Not at all as advertised
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, SDAugust 18, 2016
People come in and expect this and it's not like this at all. You do not work closely with a nurse a majority of time you have to figure it out on ur own. You have 34 residents and 2 staff members. High turn over rate for staff and residents alike. Management has no idea what their staff does on a day to day basis. Over all not a happy place to work.

Want to know more about Welcov Healthcare?

Ask a question
I wish my name was not associated with this company.
RN (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 29, 2016
A heartbreaking experience. Knowing our residents are not getting the care they need is horrible. Requests for assistance from upper management yielded no results. The equipment needed to take care of residents is not in working order or not available at all.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Taking breaks are frowned upon.
Not great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 27, 2016
Worked there for over a year. Same as most ltc, heads in beds and low quality. There had been some turn around for a little while, but they fired the DON and the administrator. Now it is back to working under horrible conditions. Looking elsewhere, will never go back.
Pros
Non
Research tcompany financial records
Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Casper WyMay 18, 2016
For profit only. This company makes millions. Bottom line. They do not care about the employees or the residents. I loved my job and gave 100% +.
After 30+ years was treated with no respect.
Cons
The five star rates are done by corporate
Nurse (Former Employee) –  BillingsMarch 11, 2016
I can promise you the five star ratings are all written by someone at the corporate office. NOBODY who works in s building feels that way. Nice try Welcov.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Strong, Stable Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Lodge, MTMarch 2, 2016
I enjoy that my job is stable. I never worry that I will be out of work. I love the community I work in and my coworkers are awesome. I have the freedom to do things the way I want to which is really what I look for in a company.
Super team!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NEMarch 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Indian Hills Healthcare Community by Welcov Healthcare in Ogallala, NE. The team environment was awesome and I enjoyed the work I got to do. I wish I could've stayed longer but had to relocate because of family issues. I would recommend working here to anyone!
Much more than a "Nursing Home"
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 25, 2016
I really enjoy the level of care we provide it's not just a typical "nursing home" I am able to put my skills to use. I started with Welcov as a CNA and now I am a RN so the growth opportunities are awesome.
Horrible place to work. No communication. Lousy hours. Poor management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 31, 2016
Out of total frustration I ended my employment with Wel-Cov. All new hires were given initial wages much higher than what I was earning after two years. There is no management or chance of advancement in this organization. Compensation and benefits are below the area norm and they have great difficulty in keeping existing staff.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, poor management, no communication.
Growth and stability
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 29, 2016
Welcov continues to grow and is a stable work environment. They offer great work life balance. There are changes with the growth, but they are good changes to make improvements and efficiencies. The management team is focused on doing what is right for the employees and the company.
Pros
Team environment - like a family
Cons
Pay is based on long term care so is not always competitive
Corporation only cares about themselves, not residents or employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 29, 2016
Administration is horrible including administrator who knows nothing about nursing homes and what it takes to care for these residents. Uses out of state pharmacy which leaves patients without meds including pain medication for days/weeks. Scheduler is extremely rude. Wages are the lowest in this town. Always short staffed and use med aides so they don't have to have as many nurses. Too much responsibility for one nurse to be responsible for 65 residents.
Pros
Residents who live there
Cons
Current administrator, pay, staff or lack of, cannot take care of patients properly with lack of supplies and care given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welcov Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3