Welcov Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Not at all as advertised
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, SDAugust 18, 2016
People come in and expect this and it's not like this at all. You do not work closely with a nurse a majority of time you have to figure it out on ur own. You have 34 residents and 2 staff members. High turn over rate for staff and residents alike. Management has no idea what their staff does on a day to day basis. Over all not a happy place to work.
I wish my name was not associated with this company.
RN (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 29, 2016
A heartbreaking experience. Knowing our residents are not getting the care they need is horrible. Requests for assistance from upper management yielded no results. The equipment needed to take care of residents is not in working order or not available at all.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Taking breaks are frowned upon.
Research tcompany financial records
Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Casper WyMay 18, 2016
For profit only. This company makes millions. Bottom line. They do not care about the employees or the residents. I loved my job and gave 100% +.
After 30+ years was treated with no respect.
Cons
The five star rates are done by corporate
Nurse (Former Employee) –  BillingsMarch 11, 2016
I can promise you the five star ratings are all written by someone at the corporate office. NOBODY who works in s building feels that way. Nice try Welcov.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Strong, Stable Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Lodge, MTMarch 2, 2016
I enjoy that my job is stable. I never worry that I will be out of work. I love the community I work in and my coworkers are awesome. I have the freedom to do things the way I want to which is really what I look for in a company.
Super team!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ogallala, NEMarch 2, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Indian Hills Healthcare Community by Welcov Healthcare in Ogallala, NE. The team environment was awesome and I enjoyed the work I got to do. I wish I could've stayed longer but had to relocate because of family issues. I would recommend working here to anyone!
Much more than a "Nursing Home"
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 25, 2016
I really enjoy the level of care we provide it's not just a typical "nursing home" I am able to put my skills to use. I started with Welcov as a CNA and now I am a RN so the growth opportunities are awesome.
Horrible place to work. No communication. Lousy hours. Poor management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 31, 2016
Out of total frustration I ended my employment with Wel-Cov. All new hires were given initial wages much higher than what I was earning after two years. There is no management or chance of advancement in this organization. Compensation and benefits are below the area norm and they have great difficulty in keeping existing staff.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, poor management, no communication.
Growth and stability
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 29, 2016
Welcov continues to grow and is a stable work environment. They offer great work life balance. There are changes with the growth, but they are good changes to make improvements and efficiencies. The management team is focused on doing what is right for the employees and the company.
Pros
Team environment - like a family
Cons
Pay is based on long term care so is not always competitive
Corporation only cares about themselves, not residents or employees
RN (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 29, 2016
Administration is horrible including administrator who knows nothing about nursing homes and what it takes to care for these residents. Uses out of state pharmacy which leaves patients without meds including pain medication for days/weeks. Scheduler is extremely rude. Wages are the lowest in this town. Always short staffed and use med aides so they don't have to have as many nurses. Too much responsibility for one nurse to be responsible for 65 residents.
Pros
Residents who live there
Cons
Current administrator, pay, staff or lack of, cannot take care of patients properly with lack of supplies and care given.
Awful Job!
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NENovember 17, 2015
My first Job as CNA at Welcov they have horrible staff and management is just awhful. They fired me for having troubles with my car that that was completely out of my control I didn't know that my car was gone go dead while I'm pumping gas on my way to work. They fired me over something that could have been resolved. Welcov healthcare in Papillion, NE is the worst place to work they don't care about there employees period!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
healthcare, management, staff
was very good when i first started but went down hill fast
nursing (Former Employee) –  MontanaJuly 26, 2015
I loved my job when i first started but over the last year or maybe more it has went downhill..very poor management and they including nurses will do anything to get ahead of be apart of the favorite crowd..no support system no teamwork and the poor residents get the worst part of it.people fail the cna test but they are desperate they will just pass them anyways..
Its a joke to work for this company its about money and not patients or workers..i don't see how upper management and nurses can go home and sleep at night..things need to change or be shut down...i am even embrassed to say i worked here
Pros
nnothing
Cons
n support poor management favorites
Horrible!!
LPN (Current Employee) –  MNMay 15, 2015
Welcov is cheap, they don't care about the residents or employees. They just want a fatter wallet. They would rather get tagged from the state DOH than get nursing pool staff to help us. The health "benefits" should be called burdens. As a single mom, it would cost me $700.00 a month with a $10,000 deductible. They are trying to take away our holiday pay. Thank goodness for the union.
Pros
Residents, fellow employees, union
Cons
Way under staffed, cheap, under paid, poor training
don't do it
LPN/Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT / Parkview HealthcareApril 7, 2015
The residents were awesome, the job was hard, but no harder than any other LTC facility. The integrity of this company is null. No money to improve quality of life for residents, but plenty of money to open a Transitional Care Unit. Nursing does what they can with what they have, but management is horrendous and use bully tactics. Keep looking...
Pros
residents and few staff members
Cons
back stabbing, bullying tactics from administrators, ALWAYS understaffed and refusal to bring in contract help, an unsafe place for your license
Do not waste your time
RN (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MnFebruary 9, 2015
Management does not care about their employees. Training is very poor and management plays favorites. I do not have anything good to say about this company.
Pros
residents
Cons
no breaks, poor management, poorly staffed, poor training
A Rewarding Career
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEDecember 15, 2014
I worked for Welcov while going to school and I have to say it is a very rewarding company to work for. I enjoyed going in to work everyday and I enjoyed my co-workers. The job can be demanding at times, just like any other job in healthcare.
Pros
great pay, community
Cons
demanding at times
poor
nursing (Current Employee) –  nebraskaDecember 9, 2014
I agree, if you want to get blamed for everything work for this company because all the management is "perfect"
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  IowaDecember 2, 2014
Welcov Healthcare is an excellent company to work for. The company is rapidly expanding so there are many great job opportunities. I enjoy going in to work everyday and making a difference. My co-workers are all wonderful people and seem to enjoy their jobs also!
Pros
great pay, great co-workers, excellent company outlook
Cons
the facility i work at could use some updating
Paid great horrible work atmosphere
Nursing Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 13, 2013
If you want to be the blame for everything and have your creditability damaged everyday then beyond all means take a job for these people. Other staff members do not show up to work but if you are there 50+ hrs a week you are the bad guy. Horrible experience.

2.4