Weld County School District Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and interacive environment
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 12, 2016
Students worked well with each other and followed directions.
Teachers were active participants in activities requiring group interaction.
I learned how to assist different types of children from many different backgrounds in coming together as well as looking past their rough childhoods.
Great experience for professional growth
Nutrition Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 25, 2015
Recently retired from Weld County School District 6 as a Nutrition Area Supervisor. Was in charge of overseeing 17 school sites, 17 managers and 54 regular staff employees. My responsibilities included employee training, supervision and evaluation; implementation of USDA regulations, departmental and food safety practices’ interviewing and hiring; monitoring of kitchen profit/loss and production levels and overall general support of district kitchens and staff.
Pros
Hours, Children, and People
Cons
Keeping our kitchens staffed due to lower wages
No Value for Employees
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Itinerant in the districtApril 21, 2015
This is an unfair place to work and I wish I would have never accepted a job here. After three years in the district I was told I don't have a job next year. Nothing in my evaluations to warrant this and many lies were told about me to get me non-renewed. I was told over and over I am an amazing therapist but I am not a good fit for the district??? Very sad and it has caused grief and stress for me and my family.
Pros
Close to hom
Cons
Disrespect, Not trusting, no value for employees
Good opportunities for advancement
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 6, 2015
I worked for this district in different positions. I enjoyed participating in different professional development sessions, especially during the summer. It helps to learn more about your field while you get credit college to renew your teaching license. Even as a substitute teacher, you have opportunities for advancement.
Not a good place to work as staff unless desperate.
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 6, 2015
In 25 years of working in Northern Colorado I found that this employer has the worst morale amongst it's staff members that I have ever encountered. Horrible corporate culture exists there and there is no effort by management to change it - just continue as status quo. Very low pay scale for staff considering what is expected of them on a daily basis. We were told continually by management that if we didn't like it then we should leave, which many of us in our department did.
Also, in my time there I discovered a very high rate of nepotism amongst management and department heads. In our building almost everyone was related in some way. Not a good situation at all. Just attend a Dist. 6 orientation and notice the extremely high turn over rate for yourself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to provide a better learning environment for students. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly deal with supervisors that do not have a clue and are hired simply because they are related to other people that work there.
Pros
PERA Retirement
Cons
On-call with little or no compensation.
The absolute worst place to work!!!!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  GreeleyApril 16, 2014
The students are unruly and disrespectful. The management only cares about sweeping every negative incident under the rug, including its teachers. They don't support their teachers when students misbehave and will just send them back to your room. I had scissors thrown at me at John Evans Middle School and when reported nothing happened to the student. This district is not an educational institution anymore but closer to a prison setting. Hall monitors are called security now. They also have a track record of giving new teachers 3 years of work and then non-renewing them just before tenure. They have or still are on academic watch by the Colorado Department of Education because of poor academic success. BEWARE PERSPECTIVE TEACHERS ABOUT THIS DISTRICT AND TAKE MY WORD FOR IT AND GO ELSEWHERE!
Pros
summers off
Cons
management or lack off
learned many things about working in a kitchen
Kitchen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 26, 2014
fun, but hard work !! Loved working with the kids in school, gave me faith in the future of the USA. A day at work; cook, clean, set up, serve, break down, clean and clean.
Pros
free lunch and sometimes breakfast.
Cons
mopping i just hate to mop.
Family, when you're away from family
Attendance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 29, 2014
The district is a great place to work if you have higher education. When you have no college education, there's no room for advancement.
Pros
schedule
Cons
summer time and holidays- no pay
Review
Worker II (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 8, 2012
I only worked there a year. I went to district 6 because it paid more.
Pretty laid back place to work, but can be challenging at times
General Custodian (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CoOctober 11, 2013
A typical day at work, I arrive at 3pm and discuss events, plans, changes, anything relevant to the building with the Building Manager. We also use this time to do any training I might need or will need to go over with my part-timer. At 3.45pm I start cleaning the classrooms. The teachers are all friendly and nice. I have developed some friendships with them which is pretty nice. At 4.30pm my part-timer arrives. We go over anything that was discussed with the Building manager or any questions he might have. I am here until 11.30pm so during that time I make sure the building is clean and secure. If we have any events I make sure the meeting place is in order and the participants comply with the building rules. I am second in comand from the Building Manager and it is my responsibility to make sure everything is perfect in his absence.
The hardest part of my job would be the summers. That is the time we can get into the rooms and really clean them. The teachers are always anxious to get back into their rooms,and can get a little demanding. We work really hard to make sure the building is perfect for the first day of school.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids and knowing they have a clean and safe place to learn.
Pros
my pera
Cons
working nights