Weld County School District

Weld County School District Employer Reviews

Family, when you're away from family
Attendance Secretary (Current Employee), Greeley, COMay 29, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: summer time and holidays- no pay
The district is a great place to work if you have higher education. When you have no college education, there's no room for advancement.
The absolute worst place to work!!!!
Teacher (Former Employee), GreeleyApril 16, 2014
Pros: summers off
Cons: management or lack off
The students are unruly and disrespectful. The management only cares about sweeping every negative incident under the rug, including its teachers. They don't support their teachers when students misbehave and will just send them back to your room. I had scissors thrown at me at John Evans Middle School and when reported nothing happened to the student. – more... This district is not an educational institution anymore but closer to a prison setting. Hall monitors are called security now. They also have a track record of giving new teachers 3 years of work and then non-renewing them just before tenure. They have or still are on academic watch by the Colorado Department of Education because of poor academic success. BEWARE PERSPECTIVE TEACHERS ABOUT THIS DISTRICT AND TAKE MY WORD FOR IT AND GO ELSEWHERE! – less
learned many things about working in a kitchen
Kitchen Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch and sometimes breakfast.
Cons: mopping i just hate to mop.
fun, but hard work !! Loved working with the kids in school, gave me faith in the future of the USA. A day at work; cook, clean, set up, serve, break down, clean and clean.
Pretty laid back place to work, but can be challenging at times
General Custodian (Current Employee), Greeley, CoOctober 11, 2013
Pros: my pera
Cons: working nights
A typical day at work, I arrive at 3pm and discuss events, plans, changes, anything relevant to the building with the Building Manager. We also use this time to do any training I might need or will need to go over with my part-timer. At 3.45pm I start cleaning the classrooms. The teachers are all friendly and nice. I have developed some friendships – more... with them which is pretty nice. At 4.30pm my part-timer arrives. We go over anything that was discussed with the Building manager or any questions he might have. I am here until 11.30pm so during that time I make sure the building is clean and secure. If we have any events I make sure the meeting place is in order and the participants comply with the building rules. I am second in comand from the Building Manager and it is my responsibility to make sure everything is perfect in his absence.
The hardest part of my job would be the summers. That is the time we can get into the rooms and really clean them. The teachers are always anxious to get back into their rooms,and can get a little demanding. We work really hard to make sure the building is perfect for the first day of school.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids and knowing they have a clean and safe place to learn. – less
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Greeley, COOctober 2, 2013
Pros: good health insurance
I have worked for the school district since July 2011, and since then I have advanced from housekeeping to secretary to administrative assistant.