Welk Resort Group Employee Reviews

Good company with great intentions
Activities (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2017
Hospitality can be rough business especially on the front lines. You have to bring your best self to work everyday. If you are ambitious, and have a desire to be generally happy in life, you will thrive here. You will experience trials along the way but this is an essential process towards growth and advancement. If you want to loaf around unchallenged, this place is not for you.
Outstandind opportunity
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 31, 2017
The culture at Welk is second to none. Unity and people are the life blood for what we do. Unlimited income potential and the ability to travel endlessly are just a couple of the many rewards working for Welk.
Pros
Income potential.
Cons
None.
A Fulfilling CAREER not a JOB!
Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 29, 2017
A culture most people will never experience in their professional careers. The challenge, growth, joy, and camaraderie is beyond measure. Travel the world, change your life, and help many other people do the same. Couldn't imagine doing anything else!
Pros
Culture, People, Lifestyle, Purpose!
Great place to be if you're mediocre
Confirmation Agent (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 12, 2017
CEO & CFO under skilled and don't understand the business they attempt to run. Top heavy with 15 VPs in sales and marketing and only 5 sales centers. Recently laid off great people in favor of keeping the mediocre.
Pros
Can get paid for doing very little
Cons
not a place for high contributors
timeshare
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 27, 2017
very unprofessional management team. donot care about employees beyond the revenue they can generate the company. good old boys club mentality with management
Cut throat
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 18, 2017
I loved doing accounts receivable but collection was cut throat. The hardest part was the #'s that we had to come up with and on top of. I succeeded with getting my monthly numbers but it was hard
Pros
Great Company
Great Culture and overall fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 7, 2017
I completed my first year as a sales rep and I must say this has to be the easiest hardest job in the world. Sales has a lot of ups and downs, but if you stay with it the financial reward is great. My co-workers are like family and very supportive. Its kind of like a big family.
Pros
Great commission and sales incentives
Cons
Sales cancels
Awesome Place to Work
Auditions Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 17, 2017
If you have a positive can do attitude you will excel here and make a lot of money doing it. There is high turnover because it is a sales environment but the people you work with will support you and there is unlimited earning potential if you do well. Welk has a great team and realistic bonus structure.
Former Dispatcher
No longer there (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 1, 2017
This company was frustrating to work for. I did not look forward to being there. I often felt alone; there is no teamwork. There is a lot of backstabbing and anger from it.
Pros
Job
Cons
Disjointment, lacking communication and support
Save yourself the trouble and avoid this place!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 12, 2017
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place if you're looking for a job. The short time I worked here you get promised the world but end up getting nothing in return besides wasted time and frustration trying to make it through the day. The management in the sales is horrible, there's maybe two good managers there but the rest should be working on a used car lot someplace or any other job other than in a leadership position. They get you all hyped up only to spend two hours of your day talking to a completely unqualified person that marketing brings in the door with the useless free gifts that they are promised to come in for. People are in and out of this place like a revolving door unless your one of the favorites and suck up to management every day. If you like making minimum wage and being away from your family please by all means go join the cult at walk but if not do your self a favor and get a real job.
Pros
some of the other employees
Cons
managment on all levels
Very stressful if you did not meet top bonus
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 8, 2017
I thought bonuses was for going over and beyond your goal. Not for it to be a mandatory thing. If you didn't hit top bonus, you were taken to the office to be questioned why you can not hit 100% of the bonus available.
Pros
over time
Cons
shadowing
Poor work environment and lack of training and Team work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 7, 2017
Terrible work environment, no manager's or staff to help or back you up. Rude work staff in other departments and no sense of stability. Unless your desperate to find work, move on.
Pros
Farmer's Market on Monday's. Area's to smoke when your stressed out!
Cons
Poor staff, no parking, lack of training and team work, no stability
If you love yourself at all Never work for Welk Resort
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 1, 2017
This place is among the worst places to work that I have ever seen. The PBX operator had a fit like a two year old because I answered some calls. I was expecting the calls that I answered. She also wanted to have a conversation about someone's medical and that is not her business. Pretty confident that the company could be sued over that. I witnessed harassment in the short time that I was at this company. I do not feel like the company cared about me. It made me very uncomfortable listening to their unproductive dialogue. The level of respect you will be shown in this company is probably below zero. It seriously makes my stomach churn. I cannot say that anything good happened the entire time I was at this company. It was awful and I hope that you never experience what I did. I could say so much more, but I will simply say that God takes care of everything at the judgement; and I am glad that he does. This is my honest heart felt opinion. A typical day at work was listening to people say that my manager did not have a brain, and there was much back stabbing going on in this company. Yet, the people who think he does not have a brain, are the people he chose to keep employed. I learned that no matter how good you are to people they will still lie on you at the end of the day. This work place culture gives much unproductive dialogue. The day shift often talked bad about the second shift. I felt that the second shift was the better part of the team.I also felt verbally abused by the PBX operator who yelled at me 4 times.The hardest part of the job was dealing with the jealousy,  more... gossip, unkindness, and the staff being unethical. I tried to protect the company from something that could have gotten them sued. My thanks was being fired three days later because I did this? Have you ever heard of a company firing someone for trying to protect them from a lawsuit? I haven't. Have you ever heard of a manager keeping people who back stab him and firing the one person who had his back? I haven't. There is a true lack of principle within this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the guest. Blessed and highly favored and most of all glad to be gone.  less
Pros
I no longer work for the company
Cons
immaturity, gossip, gossip, gossip
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 3, 2017
The management with this company is very poor. They do not do there jobs the employees are always trying to locate a supervisor for help, nothing is organized. At the beginning I loved my job but when the management was not there for support I lost interest. While my time there my co workers were the best and always had my back in time of difficulty so I appreciate them.
Too much sitting around waiting for customers
Vacation Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 21, 2017
Vacation sales is a hard sell because most people come for the free gifts or vacations and they are really not interested in buying a timeshare. The hours are long and you have to work holidays and weekends. I wouldn't recommend this job for anyone who has a family or a life.
Pros
The money was good but always ran the risk of customer changing their mind
Cons
Boring when you are not selling. Working every weekend and holiday except for Christmas.
Awesome
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 14, 2017
Very lovely people that work here ! I enjoyed coming to work everyday and seeing everybody smile and you get to meet new people everyday. It's amazing
Pros
Great people, cool lunches, awesome shifts
Terrible work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 13, 2017
After many years in vacation ownership from sales to VP I have to say this management staff needs replaced they have no clue how to build a winning team fact they berate their sales staff yet expect results. It's a shame welk retains this horrible management crew many that's why they are always seeking sales staff because the good ones leave. It's management by intimadation.
Pros
Cons
Management staff, compensation, tours
Awful management and don't keep promises
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 10, 2017
I worked for Welk recruiting people to come take timeshare tours and they were an awful company to work for. Promised lots of money but never held up their end of the deal. Never enough hours, thought that they owned you and your time. Worst job I've ever had.
Cons
Fun place to work except for Management
Member Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2016
If you are a minute late you won't work that day unless a fire impacted traffic around resort. Lots of waiting around for management to arrive for a morning sales tactic meeting. Sales Tours arrive immediately after the meeting so you must be ready to meet them after a stressful meeting with management.
Tours assigned by volume per guest ranking so it's hard to gain traction at first but it can be done. Management is difficult to work with and show no repesct to employees to keep them on edge. Co- workers are only fun part of job but only those you connect with. Others are totally ruthless and want to see you fail. Hardest part of job is getting unqualified tours everyday, tough to sell but can be done. Most enjoyable part is meeting fun people to work with.
Pros
Some coworkers, getting sales training tactics
Cons
no breaks without any backup to close sale
Fun and Busy
Champaigne Girl (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 8, 2016
Always busy, especially during summer and holidays.
everyone is energetic and friendly.
I learned to get out of my shy shell working in this environment.
Management is professional and friendly.
Co-workers all got along for the most part.
Hardest part in always moving and being on your feet all day.
Most enjoyable part in pleasing and celebrating with new owners
Pros
Occasional free lunches and holiday partys
Cons
must work weekends and possibly stay late