Well Care Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Very stressful environment, healthy job overall
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2017
Did not get paid fairly at all. Had put on application that I was only willing to work specific areas and would get constant calls to go over 30 miles away. The patients or you sometimes weren't informed about their care until arrival. Patients were stressed justed as much as the CNA. Office staff nevered listen to you informing them of any patient changes.
Pros
The WORST job I've ever had (especially billing)
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 26, 2017
Run! This place is absolutely awful to work at. They don't care about you as an employee at all. They load you down with as much work as possible and want to pay you as least as possible. I wasn't allowed to use the bathroom or leave my desk without getting scolded or threatened to be fired. You don't get your own work space. You will be crammed in a small room with about 10 other people with the manager in there to watch your every move. If you think I'm lying, ask them to show you around the ENTIRE office during the interview. Don't let them leave out any sections. You also will be yelled at regularly. Worked like a dog. And they will not work with you when things come up. The billing department gets the WORST treatment from the entire company. You will be doing at least 3 other departments job and no appreciation. Management is AWFUL. Being yelled at and cussed at on a regular basis is the norm. Whatever you do, I am trying to save you from a miserable job! Please protect yourself and don't get this job. I promise you it will be an awful experience. Oh and if you think HR will help you, think again. And the insurance really sucks.
Cons
No breaks, harassment, low pay for amount of work
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 22, 2017
Will not get 10$ an hour unless you float.. very stressful, expected to pick up shifts and are given no knowledge of patient you are being sent to.
Know of two CNAs that were told there were pediatric shifts during the recruitment process and then once they were hired, never saw a pediatric case. They occasionally have them but definitely ask about specifics during recruitment process and if they offer you 10$ an hour, ask for a copy of the paper they write that on so they cannot manipulate you into to floating for that once you are through the orintation process.
Not a good experience for me, often stressful for the patient as well. They just don’t respect their aides or listen to them at all.
challenging and rewarding.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2017
High expectations and high rewards. Feels good to provide a health service to customers, however, from the viewpoint of someone new to the industry, the expectations are very high.
Pros
Rewarding work in health care
Cons
High expectations for goals
Good management team
Staff physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2017
Work has changed in the last year where now the Professional (PT, RN, OT) are only doing Starts of Care, reassessments, and discharges. No longer will you have a steady caseload, so now the schedule varies daily with new patients. The lack of patient contact is most difficult and the assistants do not always communicate what is going on with the patient. So you spend a lot of unpaid time, following up, doing extra paperwork, and try to keep up with MD orders. It has become very frustrating and time consuming.
Pros
Good benefits, Pto, good management team, excellent training program
Cons
Lack of patient contact, too much paper work which can consume your private life to get it done right.
Horibble
CNA (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2017
No appreciation for aides... send you half way across the county for a mere 2 hour case. Office staff has an attitude, there are a few that are quite pleasant to talk to ... not sure how they think its positive for the company. They will take on more patients than what they have staff available then bribe you to take a case with a gift card .. horrible ethics and not how a company should be ran.
Pros
pros will ALWAYS be the clients
Cons
everything BUT the clients
As much work as you want
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2017
As an RN this is a great job if you don't have a social life or really want to work 12 hour days 7 days a week. They had such a huge patient load, they couldn't staff appropriately. What was supposed to be 5 patients a day turned into 7-8 and they would push you for more. Even my manager stepped down because it was such a stressful job. The pay was good, but not worth how much pressure and ridiculous charting there was. Communication between the office staff and clinical staff was non existent. Patients were constantly calling and saying no one showed up for their schedule dressing change or blood draw because the office staff didn't communicate with the nurses.
Pros
Pay, independence
Cons
overloading your schedule, lack of communication
This has to be the worst ever home health company ever
LPN no case manager ever (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 26, 2017
13 Hr a day.Company does not care if pnt seen or not
Watch do not work here or else u loss but sad the pnt has lost before you !!!!!!I sent more pnt to hosp than I saw because they were not ever seen and no one cares and you will not be paid if u do anything outside a pnt home
Pros
the clients
Cons
PNT love me but thats alll
Worst company I have ever worked for
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Franklin County, NCAugust 3, 2017
This company promises rainbows and smiles and instead is all about control and unfairness. I have been a nurse 24 years and ive never been treated in the way I was treated at this company. They have unrealistic goals give you an entire county to deal with where you are driving 4 hours a day and expect all your paperwork to be in within 24 hours and have no home life. Not to mention they have out of control workers that are bossimg you around and not following the RN careplan and constantly trying to override the RNs authority and the management does nothing to stop the situation. The management micromanages tells you what you have to do and you basically get NO orientation especially if you have experience.
Pros
Cons
workload, paperwork turn in time, drive time, huge territory, out of control staff.
Fast paced environment
Nurse Supervisor/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with my coworkers, clients and nurses in Raleigh. My immediate Manager and Director were absolutely wonderful! I gained lots of information as a result of working for this company.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Underpaid
Extremely disappointing
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 14, 2017
There's so much turnover here, you'd think that by now they would figure out its the Company and not the staff.
All about the mighty dollar! They thrive on quantity and not quality. Caseloads are TOO MUCH! Management doesn't care, they throw you to the wolves and rarely help you out when you go to them with questions or concerns.
OH, and the reason they are a "5 Star" company is because clinicians are constantly harassed and pressured into changing their documentation to show false progress.
I hate it, I love the patients and am very upset that I can't provide them the care they deserve.
I'm out of here as soon as I get another job.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Sooooo much
It has been a pretty good experience working here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 3, 2017
They are very flexible and will work with your schedule. They offer the opportunity for career advancement within company if permitted. They have a fun and community feel and are very pleasant to work with.
Well Care
Report changes in condition to staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 29, 2017
If you need a job its ok. If you are a CNA do look to move up in the world with this company even if you are in school working on a degree. They pay poorly, staff you at very unclean house some that are even a danger to the client. You must pay for uniforms
Pros
n/a
Cons
lack of organization
Growth at a Cost
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  RalieghJune 13, 2017
A growing company. Scheduling was a problem and nurses expected to do too many patients in a day to get the required paperwork finished. 4 admissions, 2 resumes, and 5 other patients 3 of whom require extensive wound care ( at least an hour) is what they expected. The marketing team were not all nurses, often the patient would come out of the hospital with no doctor for ongoing orders. This putting the patient and nurse in an unsafe situation.
Pros
some great team mates, good PT, Ot, St, LPN's
Cons
No work /life balance, no psych nurse on staff, poor coord between hospital and home
love the patients
PT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington areaMay 31, 2017
No opportunity for input from staff on staffing issues. Managed like a big business, not a patient centered healthcare service. No respect or loyalty to staff. No appreciation for going above and beyond. No security. No advancement opportunity. Great patients and opportunity to do what you love in your profession
Disappointing
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2017
They sell the company well during the interview process. They say they put patient's first. What they put first is their finances. They say they have a small business mindset. This actually means they don't hire enough people to adequately do the work. Everyone is over worked and over whelmed. They accept more patients than they have staff to provide care. As a clinician it is extremely frustrating and difficult to provide quality care when you are constantly being asked to take on more. They don't hesitate to put 9, 10 and even 11 patients on your schedule. If you don't push back they expect you to see them. Nurses are doing 15 minute visits. Management does not care. They never have anything good to say. Communication is always about what you did not do. At month's end they call and expect you to drop what you are doing and lock visits so they can meet their financial goals. They don't care what you are doing. Senior management call, text, email and generally harass and threaten until you do what they want. There is no thought given to the fact that you are out trying to provide patient care. It never occurs to them that if we weren't over worked we would complete our documentation timely.
Pros
Sadly I can't think of a single thing that is positive about this job.
Cons
No work life balance.
Challenging work environment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 11, 2017
If you're considering a career in sales here be careful. The established goals are lofty and management does not care that this is an emerging market. They want results yesterday and the "ramp up" period they discuss during the interview process does not exist. If you're not able to come in and have an instant impact in your first month I'd avoid working here. The staff is very nice however clinical staff turn over is high making sales even more difficult. I wouldn't say "don't" work here but I would say to be aware of the challenges you'll face that may not be with in your control which will make selling this service very difficult.
If a company could be diagnosis this one would be borderline
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 8, 2017
Staff is expected to see way too any patient in one day and is awarded for doing so. Every day nurses were making visit that only lasted 15 minutes at the most, despite having complex patient needs. Nurses are paid per visit making it far more beneficial to jam as many as you can into a day. Nurses get the same amount of pay for a 15 min visit as they do an hour visit. On top of that, management sends out a so called productivity report company wide, showing how many patients each clinical employee sees in a day/week. No where in this so called report is acuity factored in or quality of care indicated. This practice illustrates the pervasive nature this company has of putting employees against each other. We were taught to score the admitting oasis low and the discharge oasis high I order to get better outcomes and APPEAR like a five star company. We were given scripts to use to promote patient to answer surveys more possitively. In my time there 99% of my training was on how to make the company more money with only about 1% of my trainings on teaching me to provide better care. Even annual reviews/pay raises where based on factors that have nothing to do with being a good nurse but rather documenting in such a way that gets the company the most money. While there are many wonderful clinical staff there I would not let Well Care take care of my dog much less a family member. All they really provide give their nurses time to do is take vitals, slap on a dressing, and offer very brief/non specific teaching. Lets face it, if you are seeing 10 patients in a day how can anyone  more... do anymore given the miles of driving and hours of documentation that must also be done.  less
Pros
Good pay compared to other HHA's
Cons
Unethical, poor patient care, hostile work environment at times
very enjoyable work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 4, 2017
went there shower my client feed him breakfast then enjoy tv for a little play card games clean living area did laundry made lunch play some more cards put client for nap then up again to watch tv prepared supper then after supper another card game then got ready for bed watch news and tv shows till my time was up..
Pros
had a nice day always
Great patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2017
Very poor management and disorganized. No regard for aides who do the grunt work. Send you across the globe for 2 hrs patient. Also, poor coordination with scheduling. Will call you without notice and expect you to say yes.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low wages, poor communication and disregard for aides.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well Care Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6