Wellcare Health Plans, Inc Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 15, 2015
I had a fantastic schedule and they are willing to work with me on my school schedule. Feels like a huge work family and I love it!
WellCare is a fun place to work.
QI Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free company lunches & great employee benefits.
Cons: The commute to work is further that I'd like to drive.
The employees & management at WellCare are friendly & pretty laid back, but at the same time are serious about their jobs.
Great Company
Operations Account Representative (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 27, 2015
The benefits are good, the leaders are excellent and knowledgeable and we have all grown together from day one.

Great people work at WellCare, the leaders are excellent, management is driven and understanding.
Good Coordination
Operation Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 22, 2015
A typical day is busy multitasking. learning different HIPPA laws and regulations. Management was not professional, however, co-workers were.
Ethical Workplace Practices
Sr Business Analyst, Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: Community Leadership
Cons: Financial Compensation
Compliance Training is mandatory. Confidential Record Keeping is mandatory. The structure of WellCare is membership driven, and I thoroughly enjoy my employment. I feel that advancement in my field is limited.
Family oriented company
Customer Service Switchboard/Web Support (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaApril 3, 2015
Pros: Held special events for there workers
Cons: none
A typical day are always busy on the phone transfering calls or processinga web call for members and providers. I've learned various web site appilcationsand to be able to mulit-task. For management great to work with him. co-workers easly to work with. Having to leave the company. The enjoyable part of my job was educating members and providers on various situtions and being with a company that is sucessful, committee to there members quality of life. I believed in there goals.
Great Company Culture
Community Liaison (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great management, flexible schedule
Cons: Have to come in to office to do a job I could have done from home.
The management was great! They allowed me to set my own schedule. This was great as I juggled soccer, school, and work. I'd come in, complete my required number of entries, and be allowed to leave early. Also, if I made up extra hours during the week, they'd allow me to take off on Friday, so almost every week was a 3 day weekend for me! Great company!
High Associate Turnover
Contractor - Enterprise PMO Project Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: the business partners are great to work with.
Cons: high turnover of staff and it department is poorly managed.
The business partners are great to work with and knowledgeable in respective subject areas. The business personnel are friendly and easy to work with. The business teams work hard to compensate for the IT department's poor performance, IT management ethics and lack of accountability.

The IT department lacks ethnic diversity and is primarily made up of H1B contractors. Reverse discrimination tactics are used within the IT department to remove personnel who challenge management performance or management's preferred IT personnel. Impropriety vendor selection and reimbursement may be present within the IT department.
Great company to work for
Member Engagement Representative/DM (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2015
Pros: pto hours, floating holydays and team players
Cons: na
I did outbound and inbound calls from members who were new with the insurance plan. I learned a lot. I learned insurance policies and regulations, medical codes, and improve my customer service skills. My management team was excellent and my coworkers were great and very professional. The part that I enjoy the most was helping my members with their needs and our group meetings.
HR is the worst
Senior Institutional Configurations Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: exeception management, the company's mission is perfect and the work culture show it.
Cons: pay and hr
It is best to come in off the street and be guaranteed a fair salary instead of advancing within. It is sad, i love the company and the managers I work for, they make it worth wild working here. The HR dept has high turn over and everyone knows how horrible the HR Dept is.
Sales
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 3, 2015
Best part of the job flexible hours for work/ life balance. Coworkers are friendly. No room for career growth. Company is mis-managed and un-organized. Great for someone who thoroughly loves sales and will work very long hours and in bad neighborhoods to gain them.
nice enviornment
Behavioral Health Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
lovely facility warm smiles two parking garages running trail gym on site café and game room including a pool table and ping pong table.
The workplace for work and life balance but not good for the ambition
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2015
It is a workplace for people looking for job work and life balance, so most co-workers are friendly and job is quite secure. However , if you are looking for higher compensation with a career ambition, it might be not the perfect fit for you. Company culture is quite conservative and Management team has suffered a lot changes last year since the CEO, CFO and Chief Actuary have been replaced at the same time. Nonetheless I have learned a lot with this position on data manipulating skill like SAS and broad knowledge of Medicare , Medicaid and insurance.
Awesome
Coordination of Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: pay, flex scheduling, benefits
Great environment and great people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not much room for growth
ER Retro Review Nurse (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
The job is not challenging, however I do have stability. There is a lot to be said for that these days. There are benefits offered. The health insurance is very expensive though.
Boot camp into Health Care
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee), Tampa FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: gym, basketball court, track and tennis courts on campus
Cons: the job was in florida
-Managed a $20M P&L within +(-) 2% annually.
-Oversaw all Operations related projects.
-Calculated IBNR.
-Significantly improved revenue forecasting.
awsome place to work
pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2014
this is such a wonderful company to work for. They are very understanding and flexible when it comes to schedules.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Pharmacy Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: stability, great direct management team and colleagues
Cons: pay is too low.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
CULTURED AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE
EXCITING AND FUN WORKING ENVIRONMENT
I GAINED MUCH INFORMATION ON PHARMACY BENEFITS
Office time was minimum.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free to roam the city and suburbs.
Cons: outside sales in winter is not fun.
Very competitive environment, but well rewarded compensation plan.
Great company with cafe and full work out center
Provider Solutions Specialist I (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no stuctured training
I love this company, WellCare has great benefits with good opportunity for advancement.