Wellcare Health Plans, Inc

Wellcare Health Plans, Inc Employer Reviews

GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Pharmacy Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: stability, great direct management team and colleagues
Cons: pay is too low.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
CULTURED AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE
EXCITING AND FUN WORKING ENVIRONMENT
I GAINED MUCH INFORMATION ON PHARMACY BENEFITS
Office time was minimum.
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free to roam the city and suburbs.
Cons: outside sales in winter is not fun.
Very competitive environment, but well rewarded compensation plan.
Great company with cafe and full work out center
Provider Solutions Specialist I (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no stuctured training
I love this company, WellCare has great benefits with good opportunity for advancement.
Quality Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 5, 2014
Pros: gym available, quiet place, professional
Cons: traffic during commute is horrible
WellCare is a good place to work overall. Micromanagement is a Con
Nice place to work
RN Complex Case Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: starting pay, work from home oppurtunity, 10 hour shifts available
Cons: raises, no bonuses, training
Starting pay is good, but raises after that not good, no bonuses unless in management position. Training is not great, but they are working on improving it for new hires.
Good Management Locally
Sr. Specialist, Marketing and Community Outreach (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 28, 2014
I had great people to work for, and with, locally.
However, the very top is not really in tune with what needs to be done in the local and regional spectrum.
Healthcare insurance company
Sales and Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
A typical day consists of data entry, sales meetings, and corporate reports utilizing Microsoft Excel. I have learned to use SalesForce, Xcelys, Citrix, FieldMagic, Egencia and Oracle Financial.
proud to work at wellcare
Enterprise Intake Spec, Sr (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2014
Conducted clerical intake, open, sort and data entry and general intake for all incoming documents including appeals, grievances, pharmacy, Enrollment, claims correspondence, medical records and related requests resulting from electronically imported, scanned mail, customer service calls, faxes, emails, etc.
Very demanding physically and mentally.
Medicare benefit consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: 401k, health benefit, good pay
Cons: very little support from management
Hard working sales people, that work under management that barely work at all.
Your Usual Corporate America
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2013
A typical day at WellCare can either be a breeze or a headache depending on your role with the company, as with any job. I've learned a lot of different skills and roles while being at WellCare and have learned a lot about myself.
Wellcare Review
Business Analyst, Sr (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2013
Pros: big company, ability to work from home, working hours have flexibility
Cons: mgmt lies to make their point, directors do not engage employees and keep a distance, reprimended for using open door policy though advertised
Big campus now broken down into satellite offices. Campus still remains and with a big cafeteria. Has a revolving door policy. Expect average life of 3-4 years. Will write employees up on performance warnings when they target folks to leave. It's their way of telling the employee that they either need to move on or they will be moved. It's very drastic – more... times that call for a proper layoff - if a lot of people of to be shed all at once for immediate cost reduction. – less
A great place to work and the people were great.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2013
A great place to work and the people were great. Really enjoyed it there.
Enjoyable but Limited
Director, National Sales Oversight & Monitoring (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: associates
Cons: promotions
Limited growth opportunities in this lean company while it continues to reduce SG&A costs. Great people and challenges.
Largest Medicaid services provider in Chicago
Executive Assistant to Region President (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment.
I came to work here after a 4-year tenure in the Finance department at the national headquarters of this healthcare management organization. It is a great place to work, and the hardest part of working would be having to leave one day.
Good Experience
Supv, Enterprise Intake (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 28, 2013
A good place to receive knowledge and experience; you get to know what you will and won't tollerate.
A great environment affording excellent opportunity for advancement.
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Wellcare's is a casual business environment, as a Provider Relations representative, at least 2 - 3 days of the week are in-house with the remainder in the field.

I have learned that prioritizing one's workload is essential, and remaining calm under pressure and during a crisis. In healthcare there is always pressure, and a crisis is a mere phone call – more... away.

Mangement allows associates to contribute, they are accessible and what tools they are able to wrest from corporate are available.

A friendly atmosphere filled with individuals who reflect the corporate culture of the New York office. No doubt there are differences but on the whole some of the warmest and accepting individuals it has been my pleasure to work with.

Throughout the company there has been an exodus of personnel for one reason or another. Unfortunately corporate has opted to distribute the additional workload to the remaining employees, and this has spurred a further decline in manpower and morale.

The freedom to virtually set my own hours, along with the interaction between myself and the medical providers in my territory has been a most enjoyable experience. – less
Very stressful environment with a manager who was very difficult and micromanaged employees
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2012
Pros: monday through friday, 8-5 hours, relatively good pay and benefits
Cons: manager on site was difficult
Although I enjoyed the job itself, doing sales assistant duties and running an entire office as the administrator on site, the manager at this job made it very difficult to stay. I enjoyed helping the sales representatives and customers very much, and I enjoyed getting my work done on the computer, of being in charge of making sure the office ran smoothly, – more... and the work hours. – less
flexible work environement.
Behavioral Health Coordinator (Former Employee), Paducah, KYNovember 3, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor job security
Company provides flexibility in work day as well as working environment.
inexperienced management team
Medicare Sales (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: culture, management, ethics
learn as much as you can and then develop a plan to leave. Take your skills and knowledge to another organization.
Learnt new technologies and Fun place to work
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaSeptember 12, 2012
I am working on 5010 HIPAA transaction and testing batch 270/271 transactions and simultaneously I was working on Regulatory reprts which involved rigrous testing of the numbers being reportes. I have learned to understand SAS code, using SOAPUI tool.