WellCare Employee Reviews

Chaotic
Care Manager (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 19, 2015
Pros: work from home
A typical day at WellCare is generally chaotic and some mangers are not at all supportive. In fact, with the exception of upper managers, I have felt unsupported.
Good company. Morale not the best among the workers
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), Tampa FLAugust 18, 2015
Pros: I personally have the best supervisor.
Cons: Need some employee incentives. To help boost morale.
Although it's a good company to work for, I feel like there is too much separation between Wellcare and Exactus workers. One area of the building some employees can go in, and others you can't. No one tells you where is off limits to whom. Good company, just a lot of micro-managing going on.
Good Benefits
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 11, 2015
Great life work balance, didn't have to work out of an office and got to meet a lot of people doing outside marketing. Supportive management.
Fast pace.
Provider resolution specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2015
Wellcare is a fast pace environment, Lots of opportunities for advancement.

Flexible hours and great leadership.

Training was extensive and very helpful.
Great Company
Medicare Benefit Consultant (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 3, 2015
In a typical day main focus is always generate sales and serve the community.
Great atmosphere
Wonderful management
My co-workers are always willing to help
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I help someone with their health beneficts
Productive learning environment, great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Productive learning environment
Cons: Short lunch
I loved working with WellCare in the time I was able to work with them. Unfortunately I am unable to relocate and had to terminate my work with this company. The people that I worked with were wonderful and the atmosphere made coming to work fun. I loved learning about the Medical Billing and Coding side of Medicaid and Medicare. I love doing the research portion to be able to pay a provider when they have filed a patient's claim. The hardest part of the job was being able to locate and follow the proper documentation in order to do the job properly.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Whiteville, NCJuly 21, 2015
Cons: Did not pay mileage and it was too far from home.
Nice people to work for and the patients were great! They treated me equal to everyone else. I learned to work fast and manage my time while my duties were met.
enjoyed the environment and people
Data entry technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2015
a typical day was come to work, sit down at my desk and input prescriptions for 8 hours. on the plus side i got to listen to music while doing so.
home health aide
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Wethersfield, CTJuly 9, 2015
typical work day ensuring patient safety. Bathing, clothing, feeding ex... making sure the patient takes medication. reporting to supervisor or nurse.
Helping seniors with activites of daily living.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at work consist of me greeting the client with a smile insuring that all of there needs are met. I may give a bed bath or shower help get client dressed before the client tends to where normal day of living. I take charge to clean, sweeping dusting whipping down wall washing dishes and preparing like meals. During my duties I like to be a companion as well and engage in conversation. I have found out that that allows the client and I to be come more comfortable around each other.
I have outstanding workethic and log term employment reccord
Senior Learning & Development Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great Team work
Cons: Advancement
Recognized as a dynamic, results driven leader, with extensive experience in Government and Group sponsored healthcare. My career background has been in Customer Service, Training Delivery & Content Maintenance, Management and Operational Auditing. A catalyst and problem solver with a flair for identifying opportunities.
PATIENT DRIVIN
Specialty Pharmacy Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation awards
Cons: instability due to health industry
wellcare puts the patients first and strives to train employees on how to work efficiently and effectively. Wellcare offers numerous opportunities to advance your education and certifications.
demanding, cliquey, lower salary than competitors
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee), Kapolei, HIJune 23, 2015
A typical day lasts over 8 hours because the work doesn't stop coming. The management works you to the bone, nearly to death. Good pay, good benefits, but your body falls apart as you work. The culture is very cliquey; if you're not part of their clique, the co-workers will work hard to replace you with someone who will fit into their "mold."
Good place to work, friendly staff
Temp QI Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2015
Good place to work, friendly staff, very flexible with hours, learned to use Xcelys, Microsoft Lyncs, Microsoft office. Good Management, did not Micro Manage.
provider agent
Provider agent (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJune 12, 2015
Pros: great way to meet new doctors around the world
Cons: n/a
Helping healthcare providers with everyday questions with claims, auth ect.. Providing outstanding customer service, Also taking between 150-200 calls a day.
Very productive and busy
Managed Long Term Care Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
There is never a dull moment at Wellcare; there is always work to do! At Wellcare I am very busy trying to cater to our members at the best of my ability. There isn't a day I do not learn something new because things are constantly changing. My co-workers are a great and loving team. I wouldn't say there is a hard part about my job, it can be a bit overwhelming due to sudden changes but there isn't anything I cannot handle. I love what I do; I'm only here to see to it that our members receive the best services.
productive
Salesforce Admin/Developer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Helping hands with importance....
Member Outreach Coordinator/Team Lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 6, 2015
I really enjoyed providing assistance to members on a daily basis. I am an excellent persuader and what better to persuade people into then wellness visits. The mass majority of members just forget to go have an annual check up or testing conducted. I enjoyed scheduling these appointments for each and every member. As an added plus I was even able to make it much simpler for the member by scheduling transportation too.
Fun loving environment.
Quality Nurse HEDIS Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: freedom to get your work done productively.
Cons: Downtown location
fun and productive day that starts at 830am. I enjoy learning new aspects of quality, this is certainly a much needed area in healthcare. I feel in the future more companies will have more quality workers year round and not just HEDIS season.
Productive work place
Manager, Community Relations (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 28, 2015
Great work place and there is opportunity for growth. Company offer great benefit for their members. Educate the Medicaid population statewide at community health and wellness events.