WellCare Employee Reviews in United States

Decent Owner to Work Under
Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2016
The pay is alright especially when considering the primary point of jobs such as these is to earn working experience and improve upon personal attributes. I enjoyed working here and I even miss working at this store.
This Company believes in growth and change for the good.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2016
You should expect frequent changes as this company is innovative and always trying to improve services offered to their clients. It's a great place to challenge yourself and learn new skills.
lack of clients
CNA/PCA (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 10, 2016
I initially really enjoyed working for wellcare. I have been a employee for almost 2 years now and during that time I have had steady employment up until about 4 months ago. I am having a hard time getting them to find clients and there is a serious lack of communication.
Pros
nice receptionist
Cons
lack of communication and clients
Fast paced, minimal advancement
Behavioral Health Care Coordinator & Intake (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2016
It has been a generally positive environment. Lack of advancement opportunity. Minimal training and no mentorship opportunities for young engaging talent.
Good Place and very supportive
Director of Compliance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2016
WellCare is a very good place to work. They are making strides to become a leader in valuing diversity and inclusion and support associates 100%.
Different Environment
Claims Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
Coworkers work well together and are wiling to help each other out
learned what a lot of different denials mean on EOBs
Flexible with start time or time of needed
Challenging and Rewarding
Medicare Benefits Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 2, 2016
The sales staff which included several benefit consultants and area managers were a cohesive, unified, helpful group to work with and it was my absolute pleasure to be a part of this team.
Opportunity to increase my health care experience
Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Opportunity to increase my health care experience. Enjoyed working with several experienced health care individuals; Operations and Health Service teams.Internal organization changes impact business support and growth opportunities.
I loved my co workers
Pharmacy Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2016
I had a pleasant experience working there @ WellCare. I enjoyed the upper management as well as the café workers. I had a wonderful view of the outside from my desk.
Good working experience with personal growth as a bonus.
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1020 Woodman Drive, Suite 210 Dayton, OhioJuly 27, 2016
Wellcare was a place I could grow in learning, responsibility, and communication. I was able to work my way up being promoted time and again to different positions in different departments.
Productive and fun work place.
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work involves assisting providers with claims and appeals. I have learned a great bit about claims, appeals and its processes. Management on the floor can be pretty open minded, as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job sometimes is understanding foreigners, and having system technical difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is a learning, sociable environment.
Pros
Team competitions for learning, pot lucks!
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid holidays, pay could be better.
Friendly, helpful colleagues
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 14, 2016
Poor management, promotions are based on favoritism rather than skills. Work load is heavy. High turnover rate. Coworkers are experienced and hard working individuals
Nice View
Provider Relations Rep. - Medicaid and Medicare (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 14, 2016
The Rocky Point office I work in has an excellent view which helps the day go by when in the office and not in the field. The staff is very interactive, and the director over the Provider Relations is awesome.
Pros
Office View
Cons
Management is inconsistant
n/a
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2016
I was hired for a particular position, but they didn't receive the contract they were suppose to, HR rep asked me to resign from company and I refused. So they made my time at the company miserable.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
RN, Case manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 8, 2016
I worked with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shied for 9 Years. Horizon is a company that supports it's employee in education.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 26, 2016
easy job, would deliver medications to clients homes sometimes work the register and check out bought items, also would keep the pharmacy clean and orderly.
Busy company with room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2016
Great environment with awesome coworkers. Various chances to learn something new, and company activities each month.
Productive work place
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
I highly recommend this company, good benefits, pay, 401K. Lunch room clean, breaks twice daily and i really learned a lot at the company.
Review of Workplace
MDM Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
WellCare provides good opportunities for the employees though there is not much to say about the contractors as they are hired only for the specific project and will be terminated once the project is over.
Excellent opportunity to learn
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
Working in queue
Learned new systems and the business side of Medicare. Management is like any other company; do your job and you'll be fine. The co-workers are friendly and there are many activities to build company spirit. The hardest part of the job is to not let yourself get overwhelmed with work. The pay is the not the best to be honest but new knowledge is gained while working on tasks and projects.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Low pay