WellCare Employee Reviews in United States

Good working experience with personal growth as a bonus.
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  1020 Woodman Drive, Suite 210 Dayton, OhioJuly 27, 2016
Wellcare was a place I could grow in learning, responsibility, and communication. I was able to work my way up being promoted time and again to different positions in different departments.
Productive and fun work place.
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work involves assisting providers with claims and appeals. I have learned a great bit about claims, appeals and its processes. Management on the floor can be pretty open minded, as well as co-workers. The hardest part of the job sometimes is understanding foreigners, and having system technical difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is a learning, sociable environment.
Pros
Team competitions for learning, pot lucks!
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid holidays, pay could be better.
Friendly, helpful colleagues
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 14, 2016
Poor management, promotions are based on favoritism rather than skills. Work load is heavy. High turnover rate. Coworkers are experienced and hard working individuals
Nice View
Provider Relations Rep. - Medicaid and Medicare (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 14, 2016
The Rocky Point office I work in has an excellent view which helps the day go by when in the office and not in the field. The staff is very interactive, and the director over the Provider Relations is awesome.
Pros
Office View
Cons
Management is inconsistant
n/a
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2016
I was hired for a particular position, but they didn't receive the contract they were suppose to, HR rep asked me to resign from company and I refused. So they made my time at the company miserable.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
RN, Case manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 8, 2016
I worked with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shied for 9 Years. Horizon is a company that supports it's employee in education.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 26, 2016
easy job, would deliver medications to clients homes sometimes work the register and check out bought items, also would keep the pharmacy clean and orderly.
Busy company with room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2016
Great environment with awesome coworkers. Various chances to learn something new, and company activities each month.
Productive work place
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
I highly recommend this company, good benefits, pay, 401K. Lunch room clean, breaks twice daily and i really learned a lot at the company.
Review of Workplace
MDM Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
WellCare provides good opportunities for the employees though there is not much to say about the contractors as they are hired only for the specific project and will be terminated once the project is over.
Excellent opportunity to learn
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
Working in queue
Learned new systems and the business side of Medicare. Management is like any other company; do your job and you'll be fine. The co-workers are friendly and there are many activities to build company spirit. The hardest part of the job is to not let yourself get overwhelmed with work. The pay is the not the best to be honest but new knowledge is gained while working on tasks and projects.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Low pay
growing company but upper management plays favorites
Provider Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 10, 2016
At this company it really depends on what department in and who is your manager if you will have room for advancement and your basic day-to-day overview of the company. Your manager makes your schedule lets you know if you can work from home, etc. I have a great manager who is VERY FLEXIBLE, but other departments are not so lucky. it also depends on what market you work in. every state is different
two stars
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 9, 2016
Over all has good potential to become a stellar company. However, they have major issues with organization and protocols and too many forms to fill out for everything. There doesn't seem to be any
oversight as a whole for some people and then i have heard that others get scrutinized. One thing that is dangerous is that managers never call back or answer phones or emails in timely manner. I had a couple of experiences where I needed to send someone to the hospital and Ii never got any guidance
Pros
PATIENTS ARE GREAT
Cons
TOO MUCH COMPUTER WORK OFF THE CLOCK
If you don't mind being worked to death this company is fine.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2016
Worked as both a temp and a full time employee for over a year. Problem with management, HR, computers and unrealistic expectations.
60 hour weeks are a standard. Forget about having the weekend off. If they have a program or work to do on the weekend you will never be paid for it. HR is criminal at best. If you are sick and have to use COBRA for extended period off from work they will cancel it even though you paid for it out of your own pocket. They will intentionally make things rough for you so they can complain about your work. This way you get less than a 1% raise. If they are looking to get rid of you watch out they will cancel your insurance a month before they fire you and then they will make up lies to avoid paying you unemployment.
If you are silly enough to work there keep a tape going at all meetings because they have no problem about committing perjury.
Pros
Your co-workers only
Cons
HR, Management, their total lack of concern regarding violating labor LAWs
Growing Company with substantial growing pains
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2016
I have been at WellCare for over ten years now and although, I do appreciate the knowledge and skills that I recieved here. The overall culture of the overly regulated nature of the business wears workers down.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Dealing with state and government agencies
Great company
Nurse Aid I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 14, 2016
Found patients tailored to your busy schedules/life and personality, worked with you on times. Management was good, friendly. Didn't see my co-workers often, but when I did everyone was nice. I really enjoyed working for this company
Product Development
SR. Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2016
Organization has many opportunities long term and its easy in my opinion to look good when it comes to performing your job on a day to day bases. The hardest part of my job is attempting to get the various department to refine their processes and the products they support.

Like most Healthcare organizations they need to get everything moved up to the 21st century.
Pros
Positive Work Place on most teams.
Cons
Moving away from old processes are a tough sell
loved working with the elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 3, 2016
always something to do, but i loved being able to make a difference in a clients life. Co-workers were always nice. The hardest part was not receving enough pay.
Pros
helping people
Cons
low pay
Fun with clients
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 1, 2016
a typical day drive to the clients house use there phone to clock in then take care of what there needs are for the time that i'm there the i clock out on there phone and drive to the next clients to do the same.
Pros
pick you own hours
Cons
wasting gas
Friendly place to work.
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
I work with great people and good managers. I love what I do. We work as a team and everyone don't mind helping each other out.
Pros
Good Benefits, Paid Time Off