Wellesley College Employee Reviews

Students are respectful, but work environment can be passive-agressive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MA 02481June 26, 2017
Working with upper class students is always enjoyable as they ask challenging questions and are focused on learning topics taught than on grades. Working with lower class students is a bit challenging as they focus too much on the grades and miss information on the topics being taught. The impression given is that administration values the opinion of the student over that of faculty.
Pretty Great
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 9, 2017
Flexible hours and good pay, good mentorship as well who helped me learn a lot. Sometimes hard to balance between school and work though but she was flexible about it.
Wellelsley College
Jazz flute instructor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 7, 2017
Wellesley College is such a beautiful environment. I love going there to teach. I've learned so many things from my students. I understand that every student does not want to me a musician professionally, so I constructed my lessons with that in mind. The culture is very pleasant, As a faculty member, I am respected everywhere I go. I try to participate in any event I am able to attend, and I enjoy getting the students involved. The hardest part of the job is having a student fall short of their goals, but the most enjoyable part is being there for any student looking for guidance.
Pros
just being on campus
Cons
students, dropping out, or still finding themselves.
Culturally Diverse College
Academic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MA 02481June 1, 2017
I have worked for 14 years here at the College. Being able to worked closely with Faculty and Students, makes this a great place to work. See the students grow as outstanding women who want to make a difference in the work, is so satisfying.
Little compensation for work
Academic Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 14, 2017
My supervisor does not take feed-back of what works with students and what doesn't. She thus does not change the job description accordingly and continues to waste everyone's time by having us do things that work.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
minimum pay
Great people work there
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MADecember 10, 2016
It's great to converse with a wide range of people, and the administrative co-workers are educated, intelligent, and hard working. Very busy and detail oriented job.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay
Went of the Ladder
Asst. Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 26, 2016
I started working at Macy's right after high school. I was a sales associate, then worked my way to up a Ralph Lauren Home sales rep, focusing on their Home products. Then was promoted to Asst. Department Manager. After 8 yrs with the company, I decided to pursue Business Technology.
Great Community
Director (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJuly 24, 2015
Great community. Work expectation is not achievable in a 35 hours.
Hard workers, compensation is falling behind due to low annual increases.
Pros
Great benefits package, wonderful community. Nice people to work with.
Cons
Poor salaries, expectations are sometimes unattainable due to too much work. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.
Interview candidates who are applying to the college
Alumnae Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 19, 2015
Wellesley college is one of the best institutions of higher learning in the US. since I graduated from Wellesley I have been involved in interviewing the best students from Puerto Rico who are interested in attending Wellesley College.
Pros
Part time
Wellesley College
Intern For Associate Athletic Director of Operat (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 29, 2014
A typical work day was different depending on the task at hand for that day. some days i would be working on scheduling for upcoming contests and other days i would be working on upcoming tournament packets among other important tasks.
Great workplace
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAAugust 14, 2013
Overall Wellesley college is a great company, I have worked for a very long time. i have learned a lot from them. They have their pros and cons, but hey what company doesn't? can't have everything you wish in life, that's what makes life beautiful. One always have to strive for excellence and look at alternative routes to excellence.
Pros
They're great company, great pay, great benefits.
Cons
They have their cons, but I will not disclose that information