Wellington Management Company Employee Reviews

Great workplace with a great team
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at work for me is managing the calendars of multiple directors as well as their teams, expense reporting, making travel arrangements as well as putting together meeting materials for committee meetings. I very much enjoy the team that I support as well as the coworkers that I have the chance to work with. I would say that the hardest part of my job was getting to know the people I support enough to be able to anticipate what their needs would be. And the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that everything runs smoothly because of the work that I do behind the scenes.
Pros
Great Benefits, occasional free lunches
Excellent work life balance, training
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
A typical day for me at Wellington consisted of a morning full of running reports and returning emails. Throughout the day I volleyed back and forth with brokers, setting up meetings for my investors and doing general calendar management. Fairly often the afternoon involved tasks such as travel arrangements, expense reporting or pulling research to make sure my investors were prepared for any meetings they had during that week. I interacted with very few people. Fortunately I had a great working and personal relationship with my co-admin on my team. Wellington was not a very warm and fuzzy environment so my relationships with those I supported was strictly professional. The hardest part of my position at Wellington was filling the hours in the summer when we were slow. The most enjoyable part was the fast paced interaction with brokers to fill the investors schedules and time management. Also, the administrative manager always bought cupcakes for new hires and people leaving, so every now and then we had a nice treat.
Pros
Professional team
Cons
low pay
The culture is only applicable to the investment personnel
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2015
Other departments are very hierarchical. It is almost impossible for a woman or minority to advance in the non-investment teams. There is also very little appreciation for the supporting teams.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
you do the work of 4 people
Great Culture and Company to Work With
Fixed Income Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2015
I was able to become proficient in Bloomberg and Microsoft Excel at Wellington Management Company. Some of my daily routines include updating daily NAVs and TNAs, as well as conducting price challenges to vendors.
productive work place with great employees
Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2014
Assist 15-20 clients each day; resolve technical issues including application failures and hardware malfunctions to support uninterrupted business operations for all employees
I have learned how to troubleshoot in many ways. Also I have learned how to be organized.Management here is really great I enjoy having to talk to them and working with them daily basis. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job is being organized the most enjoyable part of my job is having to work for a company that has a great culture and cares for its employees.
Pros
culture, and friendly atmosphere
Great Company
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2015
Great company with great people and a great culture. I thoroughly enjoyed my time learning and growing as a professional.
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2013
• 8+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst and frontline leadership role in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Charted Financial Analyst (Level I) and Certified Commodity Trader.
• Highly experienced in various areas of investment banking: portfolio management, fixed income, annuities, trading life cycle, mortgage, loan orientation, stocks, bonds, futures, options, hedging, foreign currency derivatives, equity research, mutual funds, securities trading and commodities.
• Expert in trading stocks, derivatives which include stock futures, options and commodity futures for the corporate clients and retail investors.
Great people and fast-paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2013
Wellington Management Company has an amazing work environment. The employees are friendly and everyone is dedicated to working as a team. A typical day for an administrative assistant consists of checking and sending emails, organizing and delivering meeting materials, answering phones, and completing small projects for clients as directed.
Pros
great people, decent hours, great resources, mentoring program
Cons
temp work can be hit or miss
High Exposure - Intelligent Coworkers - An Excellently-Run Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2015
Wellington is an excellent place to work for those who are willing to learn, committed to the company's priority of "Client, Firm, Self," and driven to contribute 110%. The co-workers are brilliant and always open to share their expertise. If one is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a commitment to accuracy and excellence, then Wellington may be the place for you.
Great company
Analyst, Equity Product Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 11, 2014
Great company, with great culture and great people. A great place to learn broadly about capital markets and to learn from smart, dedicated, and motivated people. I had a great experiecne
Great environment
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2012
• Received and processed time & materials invoices as well as self-invoices using AP Lite
• Resolved invoice disputes with vendors by working with WMC administrators/managers
• Monitored incoming invoices to answer status inquiries/assist with accounting accruals
• Assisted with other AP, IS projects as requested
• Reviewed employee travel & expense reports using Extensity/ImageSilo software
Typical day at work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 10, 2012
Get to my desk. I start to check the ticket system, see what issues I can solve if not contact my colleagues. Talk to the clients, and get more info about their technical issues. Some clients aren't as polite as i would want them to be, however I have developed skills on how to deal with that type of personality. Overall we all have fun at work everyone loves to work in team, which makes the place a good environment to work.
Desktop support intern
Desktop support intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2014
It was really good job, good environment to work at, people are nice. i enjoyed over all.
Pros
free coffee everyday.
Cons
sometimes job can be over little stress.
The way a business should be run
Tax (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 9, 2012
Working at Wellington was a great taste of the good life. It allowed me to experience the best of the best and build upon some great work experience.
Fun and exciting place to work
Desktop Support analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2014
i enjoyed working with wellington they had a great support system and also everyone was very welcoming.
Pros
free food
Small company with great leadership
Global Corporate Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2014
In my time here I learned a lot about the construction business.
Suit&Tie
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2012
arriving at work early, prepping for the days work. upgrading clients from WindowsXP to Windows7 operating system.
Pros
great enviroment, very professional

4.2