Wellington Management Employee Reviews

Great place to work for a few years
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2017
Good exposure to anything you can do. Given that the compensation is so good there, no one leaves so you will either stay in the same place your entire career there (with maybe one promotion) or you will be laid off.

Business people there used to be the best of the best but I am not sure now that I have been out of the company for a while. IT Management was great when I first got there and slowly got worse; you grind away while they take off for the night, citing the "client, firm self" work ethic.

The way to win at Wellington is to go in, work hard, get paid really, really well, and after 3-5 years, take the name and the work ethic to another firm.
Investment Analyst
Investment Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Lot of good work and opportunity to grow. Challenging work and smart colleagues. Enjoyed working there a lot. One of the leaders in its domain.
Professional environment with great people
Senior Software Developer / Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2016
The company is well surged with highly intelligent people that all know their jobs. Everything runs smoothly and the teams pull together to ensure problems are mitigated before they happen.
Pros
Free coffee and soups, great benefits
Cons
Pay scale is random at times, tenure seems to stall advancement
great place to learn
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2016
If you live in the area and are interested in financial management, this is the place to work. Lots of opportunities to learn about Institutional Financial investment
Disciplined
Hedge Fund Administration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2016
The nature of my job at Wellington was primarily a contractual and temporary one, where they required extra bodies to help out during the audit cycle. I assisted the internal and external administrators with the audits and financial statements.I also conducted high-level reviews with analysts of various financial statements to ensure accuracy and document any discrepancies. Other tasks included obtaining, organizing and even preparing various various spreadsheets for analysts including Schedule of Investments, Statement of Cash Flow etc. Given that the nature of this job was temporary right from the beginning, the interaction I had with the rest of the office was limited to only when it was required.
Productive and Inspiring place to work
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2016
Wellington provides a very collaborative and inspiring atmosphere that allows for innovation and enhancements. Everyone around the firm does not mind sitting down and speaking with you about their roles, background, and how they view the firm.
Great environment with co-workers just as great
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2016
During my Internship with Wellington Management's Desktop Support team I found it to be a very rewarding job with a very unique neighborly culture. A typical day at work would be using Service Now to track and complete tickets requested by various people or groups in the firm as well as take calls from clients in regards to troubleshooting issues. While I was there we worked on a few projects to upgrade and update the firms software and PCs for the duration of my internship. I was able to build upon many professional skills that I was already developing such as email etiquette, communication, and further development of my troubleshooting and technical skills. My co-workers were all great and supportive people, from the beginning of my internship to the end of it they treated me as if I were already an employee who had been working there for years. However the job was not without it's challenging moments and those challenges were usually met with the occasional co-operation of the clients when it came to the firm wide upgrading of everyone's PCs who either needed it or were required. Even with those challenges the job was most rewarding and enjoyable, especially when it came to troubleshooting. It's during those times I got to learn more about computers and the many different issues that could occur. I took these moments as learning experiences and gained a lot of enjoyment from them.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
None to speak of
Turmoil.....
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MarlboroOctober 13, 2015
Met some great people but the Bonus plan has dried up so they are letting people go so that there are less people in the Bonus plan. so they can cater to the few.
The "lifers" beat up on contractors and the churn of people going through the door is a lot. They are totally dependent on contractors....when stuff goes south they have someone to blame...but these people aren't good enough to hire. A lot of people are trapped by the amount in the 401K but It is a mess. Run away from any opportunity here....
Pros
Mos managers are clueless so lots of OT
Cons
Dishonesty
excellent
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at work starts 9 am to 5 pm.
working with many app. which i have never worked with.
my co-worker and management have helped so much
great company
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
delivery stock reports, help with mail or reception. assist legal assistants. how to managed my time. good co-workers. management team very helpful. starting at 4am. beautiful office space.
Pros
bonuses
productive
Salesforce Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Very pretigious financial firm in Main Line, Philadelphia area
Research Assistant/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 18, 2015
• Worked solely for an Equity Oil Analyst/Senior Partner of the firm.
• Responsible for building earnings models for the 55 companies under his coverage,
both domestic and international, to extract pertinent information to provide forecasts
of future earnings (EPS).
• Performed all administrative functions and maintained relationships with sell-side analysts.
• Traveled to industry specific conferences
Good Work and Nice Work/Life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2014
Day starts with meetings with Indian team, proceeds with observation of requirements based on urgency. A production issue might require immediate attention. Otherwise enhancement request and bugs in system are solved.
Co-workers are nice and helpful. Overall very nice work environment.
Pros
Job Stability, Good management
Cons
Less number of leaves/vacation days
Great work/life balance
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2014
Everyone at the firm is willing to help you out if you have questions. You can even reach out to partners and ask to speak with them over coffee. It's a place full of smart and amicable individuals. No one will tell you, you can't take a day off if it's important.
Fantastic place to work. Great people, great ethics
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
Challenging and rewarding. Serious but fun. I shared and learned a lot there.
Great Co-workers - great environment!
Admin Assistant - IT/ Corporate Applications (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2014
I have never been so happy in a job before. Everyone at Wellington is so nice, and easy to get along with. I enjoy not knowing what each day will bring and I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment each day brings.
Pros
The people
Cons
2 hour commute to work!
A Company That Values Its Employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 15, 2014
A wonderful company that values it's employees and encourages a strong work/life balance and where I was also fortunate to work with a wonderful group of coworkers who became like an extended family.

Every day was different with some more challenging than others, but I got to meet some very interesting people and meeting and greeting them was always one of the best aspects of my job.
Jobs sent to India
QA/Performance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 17, 2013
9 to 6
Leaned about OBIE, Investment vehicles, JNLC java protocol.
Management was AWOL
Co-workers were somewhat helpful
Most enjoyable part was getting the numbers that showed that Tomcat/JBOSS was equivalent to weblogic performance wise
Pros
Good lunches at cafetaria
Cons
Poor Management
Disorganized company
Audio Visual Specialist/core anyalist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2013
I have learned nothing new at this company. it is an unorganized company that does not know how to make decisions on a daily basis. i would not recommend working here. they will pay you 30% less then you deserve and make you work 30% harder. no Direct hire nor will get hired directly even when they say they will. consultant sess pool.
Pros
less pay, no hire
Cons
Didn't have the best experience
Budget Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2013
Company culture is very buttoned up. Extremely competitive if you are trying to become a partner. Very good in the fixed income and equity space as a privately owned company.
Pros
The reputation
Cons
The culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellington Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Wellington Management Reviews by Location