Wellington Management Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Inspiring place to work
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2016
Wellington provides a very collaborative and inspiring atmosphere that allows for innovation and enhancements. Everyone around the firm does not mind sitting down and speaking with you about their roles, background, and how they view the firm.
Great environment with co-workers just as great
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2016
During my Internship with Wellington Management's Desktop Support team I found it to be a very rewarding job with a very unique neighborly culture. A typical day at work would be using Service Now to track and complete tickets requested by various people or groups in the firm as well as take calls from clients in regards to troubleshooting issues. While I was there we worked on a few projects to upgrade and update the firms software and PCs for the duration of my internship. I was able to build upon many professional skills that I was already developing such as email etiquette, communication, and further development of my troubleshooting and technical skills. My co-workers were all great and supportive people, from the beginning of my internship to the end of it they treated me as if I were already an employee who had been working there for years. However the job was not without it's challenging moments and those challenges were usually met with the occasional co-operation of the clients when it came to the firm wide upgrading of everyone's PCs who either needed it or were required. Even with those challenges the job was most rewarding and enjoyable, especially when it came to troubleshooting. It's during those times I got to learn more about computers and the many different issues that could occur. I took these moments as learning experiences and gained a lot of enjoyment from them.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
None to speak of
Turmoil.....
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MarlboroOctober 13, 2015
Met some great people but the Bonus plan has dried up so they are letting people go so that there are less people in the Bonus plan. so they can cater to the few.
The "lifers" beat up on contractors and the churn of people going through the door is a lot. They are totally dependent on contractors....when stuff goes south they have someone to blame...but these people aren't good enough to hire. A lot of people are trapped by the amount in the 401K but It is a mess. Run away from any opportunity here....
Pros
Mos managers are clueless so lots of OT
Cons
Dishonesty
excellent
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at work starts 9 am to 5 pm.
working with many app. which i have never worked with.
my co-worker and management have helped so much
great company
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
delivery stock reports, help with mail or reception. assist legal assistants. how to managed my time. good co-workers. management team very helpful. starting at 4am. beautiful office space.
Pros
bonuses
productive
Salesforce Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Very pretigious financial firm in Main Line, Philadelphia area
Research Assistant/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 18, 2015
• Worked solely for an Equity Oil Analyst/Senior Partner of the firm.
• Responsible for building earnings models for the 55 companies under his coverage,
both domestic and international, to extract pertinent information to provide forecasts
of future earnings (EPS).
• Performed all administrative functions and maintained relationships with sell-side analysts.
• Traveled to industry specific conferences
Good Work and Nice Work/Life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2014
Day starts with meetings with Indian team, proceeds with observation of requirements based on urgency. A production issue might require immediate attention. Otherwise enhancement request and bugs in system are solved.
Co-workers are nice and helpful. Overall very nice work environment.
Pros
job stability, good management
Cons
less number of leaves/vacation days
Great work/life balance
Client Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2014
Everyone at the firm is willing to help you out if you have questions. You can even reach out to partners and ask to speak with them over coffee. It's a place full of smart and amicable individuals. No one will tell you, you can't take a day off if it's important.
Fantastic place to work. Great people, great ethics
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 2, 2014
Challenging and rewarding. Serious but fun. I shared and learned a lot there.
Great Co-workers - great environment!
Admin Assistant - IT/ Corporate Applications (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2014
I have never been so happy in a job before. Everyone at Wellington is so nice, and easy to get along with. I enjoy not knowing what each day will bring and I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment each day brings.
Pros
the people
Cons
2 hour commute to work!
A Company That Values Its Employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 15, 2014
A wonderful company that values it's employees and encourages a strong work/life balance and where I was also fortunate to work with a wonderful group of coworkers who became like an extended family.

Every day was different with some more challenging than others, but I got to meet some very interesting people and meeting and greeting them was always one of the best aspects of my job.
Jobs sent to India
QA/Performance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 17, 2013
9 to 6
Leaned about OBIE, Investment vehicles, JNLC java protocol.
Management was AWOL
Co-workers were somewhat helpful
Most enjoyable part was getting the numbers that showed that Tomcat/JBOSS was equivalent to weblogic performance wise
Pros
good lunches at cafetaria
Cons
poor management
Disorganized company
Audio Visual Specialist/core anyalist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2013
I have learned nothing new at this company. it is an unorganized company that does not know how to make decisions on a daily basis. i would not recommend working here. they will pay you 30% less then you deserve and make you work 30% harder. no Direct hire nor will get hired directly even when they say they will. consultant sess pool.
Pros
less pay, no hire
Cons
Didn't have the best experience
Budget Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2013
Company culture is very buttoned up. Extremely competitive if you are trying to become a partner. Very good in the fixed income and equity space as a privately owned company.
Pros
the reputation
Cons
the culture
Stressful; very busy day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 28, 2013
Get paid for what you work; no benefits
Always have something to do
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work, very good company culture
Marketing Analysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work, everyone is very dedicated to the job, highly professional, open door environment, and the morning meeting for investors to discuss/forecast the global economy every day.
Wellington Management
Private Equity and Valuation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2013
Very collaborative open work environment. Majority of colleagues are dependable and willing to go out of their way to help or offer assistance.
Great place to get fast-paced experience
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 4, 2013
Afforded me the opportunity to work in a diversity cultural setting with people who work hard and work together to get things done.
Great work environment where I learned a lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2012
Working at Wellington Management opened my eyes to the world of investment management. I had not had exposure to the industry and everyone was very willing to teach. The hardest part of the job was learning what everything meant, but my co-workers helped greatly. This position added to my professional experience and has made me a more well-rounded employee.
Pros
friendly co-workers, professional environment, always busy
Cons
temp position didn't offer benefits, low wage