WELLINGTON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Nursing - OB
Per Diem - Registered Nurse OB (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLDecember 9, 2017
Loved this unit when I worked there. Great team work and collaboration throughout the entire unit. Still have many great close friends from this job position.
Excellent Unit.
Pros
Co-workers, location
work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 10, 2017
A typical day at work is receiving an assignment and interacting with my patients. Usually, I try to establish a rapport with all my patients. I have made it a point to know all about them in order to provide best possible care.The best part about my job is having a higher personnel that is approachable and willing to assist when necessary.
A place where you feel listened to and appreciated
Registered Nurse - ED (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 30, 2017
I enjoy the patient population and the work culture. It is a smaller corporation hospital in which I find there to be less red tape in order to implement changes. I find that the higher ups understand the worker bee and they do what they have to do to promote a better work environment. We are well staffed and have all the supplies needed to take care of our patients. Some FT staff complain about lower pay compared to larger hospitals, however the work environment is so worth the little bit lower pay in my opinion
Pros
good demographics, good work culture
Cons
lower pay, per diem doesn't get raise
Never a dull moment in an Emergency Room.
Critical Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 23, 2017
Lab specimen draws/urine collection
EKG Tech
Patient care and assistance
Nursing assistance
Communication median for nursing and physicians
Wound Care
Orthopedic splinting application and evaluation.
Pros
Great real life work experience with patients and the awesome physicians and staff.
Cons
Workload can be very strenuous and at times overwhelming.
relocate
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
Going to work at this job was the best. I learn how to bill online in the medicare portal. My manager was the best. My best moment is being around my co-worker because they were the best
Pros
half hour
Cons
short breaks
Well done
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Labor and deliveryJune 10, 2017
I really enjoy my job at Wellington it is a very nice place to work. I am currently employed as an RN in Labor and delivery I started my journey 4 years ago as an OB tech assisting Physicians with cesarean births went back to school to become a nurse and I have made L&D my home for now I plan to go back to school to become a RNFA in the near future
Life as a scrub in the OR
CST (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 10, 2017
Most of the time I will be scheduled to work with a surgeon but that seems to change in the drop of a dime when the surgeon goes to the charge nurse to complain about why he/she isn't getting so and so to scrub especially the doctors that are infrequently there. After setting up the most beautiful back table and everything on preference card is available there is an issue with my unfamiliar face.

I have learned that regardless of what you think you know, there is always something to learn everyday!

Management has got to be the hardest position in the setting! To maintain neutrality and make all the OR players happy is a gift!

They hardest part of the job is trying to pretend you know exactly every specialty when the basics are the only familiar thing you have to work with after being spread out so thin to everyone!

My greatest enjoyment is the professionalism involved with the incredible amount of knowledge and experience I have acquired after a job well done and the patient is free from nosocomial infections that I ensured during my watch. The fact that my circulator is proud to have me in her room without the fear of something going wrong. The surgeon shaking my hand too at the end of the case!
Pros
My co-workers are professional and fun
Cons
on call
Great work place
Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 29, 2017
Great Experience working at Wellington regional Medical Center.
Lots if training and refreshment courses yearly, and even some quarterly online training. Also very good culture at Wellington Regional.
INSURANCE VERIFIER (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I worked at WRMC for 8 years. I would have loved to advance there,but there was no room for growth in my field. I had to leave,because I wanted to advance my career. The employees are very professional. They have there issues just as other employers, but the professionalism is top of the class. I would go back and work another 8 years if I am afforded the opportunity to. The environment really challenges you to be great. It was a fun place to work.The culture is great. I really miss working there.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I would recommend this facility. Great leadership and staff. Highly recommended, learned a great amount in a short period of time.
Great Hospital & Great Staff
Medical Technologist: Generalist (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 14, 2017
WRMC is an excellent moderately sized hospital (200+ beds). It is NOT a trauma center therefore there is not a constant sense of crisis during the daily work routine. The Management, Director, Co-Workers of the Laboratory are excellent and the training is fairly good. Unfortunately there always seems to be a lack of supplies and staff. The best part of the job is the training and flexibility [if your working as a per diem]. The hardest part of the job is not being able to stay on the bench assigned due to understaffing; there is also a constant lack of supplies which affects a MTs ability to complete the job (e.g. no permanent markers, correct glove sizes, certain reagents). Also, the pay is average for per diem. Overall WRMC is a great place to work but has its drawbacks.
Pros
Excellent Staff, Management & Flexibility.
Cons
Lack of Supplies, Staff and Average Pay.
Nice small hospital
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I work there per diem on the weekends, people are friendly and professional, patients are appreciative of good service.
Pros
good per diem rate
Cons
cafeteria food
A very productive and great place to work and gain knowledge
Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLDecember 22, 2016
My day started at 7am each day. I am usually the last person left to complete any paperwork for the next day's schedule. X-rays of the day to be filed away in separate department of the hospital. I had learned to respect and be sympathetic of others as well as the patient and having a lot of patience. My co-workers were very easy to work with especially on busy days. Having to remember the different facets of the job in order to have a productive day. I had met some very wonderful people in spite of their condition and always are very thankful to the staff in the office. Supervisors are very considerate during the Christmas holidays.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not erough hours in a day
changing atmosphere
Night Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLDecember 14, 2016
Culture of safety is starting to emerge. nicu is a great place to work with great people. hospital is growing and becoming a comprehensive center.
Pros
awesome nicu
Cons
lack mentorship
Close knit co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 23, 2016
12 hr. shifts 3 days/week, my direct manager was incredible. She was very helpful and accessible. Most co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was trying to practice nursing as if we were working in a hotel environment. I loved taking care of my patients on a daily basis.
Pros
Facility appreciates staff
Cons
Long shifts.
Horrible place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJuly 26, 2016
This hospital is one of the worst hospitals I've been to in a long time, very poor management team, Hr staff do not look into employees complaints, directors are horrible, very stressful environment to work in, felt like I was in a fifth grade class room with the snitching and backstabbing by staff members, patients are not a priority at this facility, would not carry my dog here for medical assistance.... Sad
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Bad managent
Worst Hospital Ever to work for- Very unsafe needs JCAHO to inspect ever day
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 13, 2016
Managers at meetings all of the time, not taking care of patients, too busy eating at large meetings and going out to restaurants with other managers. If you report equipment broke or something unsafe about the patients the hospital does NOTHING about it. If you start identifying areas that need help then they find a way to write you up or fire you. Very poor management and human resources does NOT stand by their employees. Managers have their favorite friends on staff and plays favorites This was reported to HR several times and they overlooked it. ER told me that my ankle was not broke and it was broken in 2 places. Worst hospital I have ever worked at. Lots of back stabbing employees. It is cut throat here for such a small hospital. The equipment doesn't work, management doesn't listen and they are never on the floor to actually see what is taking place. They do not care about the safety of the patients.Management made up events to write staff up when they weren't even working. They will do what they can to you if you point out errors or safety concerns. Very poor rating, would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
clocking out
Cons
too many to list. where do I start
not enough work
RN-BSN (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 1, 2016
not enough work for PRN RNS. Pay was great but lack of work made it difficult to justify staying with the company. They have a couple of PRN RNs that only work for this company so they flood them with SOCs and all jobs which leaves the PRNs with more than one job, less than adequate patients to visit. Otherwise staff was nice to work with and systems are easy to use. No OASIS!!!!
Small, safe community hospital
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLApril 11, 2016
Excellent nursing and support staff. Friendly and easy to get along with administrators as well as HR personnel. Floor managers specific per floor with little to no inter-floor communication except for the hospital nursing pm supervisor. She was glue that held the schedules together!
Good availability to work consistent hours and pay was good.
RN (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Good availability to work consistent hours and pay was good. Management was inconsistent due to lack of communication between staff and management. Co-workers were helpful when you had questions about patient care.
Pros
Helpful co-workers and good pay.
Cons
Poor management.