WELLINGTON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

INSURANCE VERIFIER (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 26, 2017
I worked at WRMC for 8 years. I would have loved to advance there,but there was no room for growth in my field. I had to leave,because I wanted to advance my career. The employees are very professional. They have there issues just as other employers, but the professionalism is top of the class. I would go back and work another 8 years if I am afforded the opportunity to. The environment really challenges you to be great. It was a fun place to work.The culture is great. I really miss working there.
Horrible place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJuly 26, 2016
This hospital is one of the worst hospitals I've been to in a long time, very poor management team, Hr staff do not look into employees complaints, directors are horrible, very stressful environment to work in, felt like I was in a fifth grade class room with the snitching and backstabbing by staff members, patients are not a priority at this facility, would not carry my dog here for medical assistance.... Sad
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Bad managent
A very productive and great place to work and gain knowledge
Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLDecember 22, 2016
My day started at 7am each day. I am usually the last person left to complete any paperwork for the next day's schedule. X-rays of the day to be filed away in separate department of the hospital. I had learned to respect and be sympathetic of others as well as the patient and having a lot of patience. My co-workers were very easy to work with especially on busy days. Having to remember the different facets of the job in order to have a productive day. I had met some very wonderful people in spite of their condition and always are very thankful to the staff in the office. Supervisors are very considerate during the Christmas holidays.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not erough hours in a day
changing atmosphere
Night Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLDecember 14, 2016
Culture of safety is starting to emerge. nicu is a great place to work with great people. hospital is growing and becoming a comprehensive center.
Pros
awesome nicu
Cons
lack mentorship
Worst Hospital Ever to work for- Very unsafe needs JCAHO to inspect ever day
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 13, 2016
Managers at meetings all of the time, not taking care of patients, too busy eating at large meetings and going out to restaurants with other managers. If you report equipment broke or something unsafe about the patients the hospital does NOTHING about it. If you start identifying areas that need help then they find a way to write you up or fire you. Very poor management and human resources does NOT stand by their employees. Managers have their favorite friends on staff and plays favorites This was reported to HR several times and they overlooked it. ER told me that my ankle was not broke and it was broken in 2 places. Worst hospital I have ever worked at. Lots of back stabbing employees. It is cut throat here for such a small hospital. The equipment doesn't work, management doesn't listen and they are never on the floor to actually see what is taking place. They do not care about the safety of the patients.Management made up events to write staff up when they weren't even working. They will do what they can to you if you point out errors or safety concerns. Very poor rating, would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
clocking out
Cons
too many to list. where do I start
Nice small hospital
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I work there per diem on the weekends, people are friendly and professional, patients are appreciative of good service.
Pros
good per diem rate
Cons
cafeteria food
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I would recommend this facility. Great leadership and staff. Highly recommended, learned a great amount in a short period of time.
Close knit co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 23, 2016
12 hr. shifts 3 days/week, my direct manager was incredible. She was very helpful and accessible. Most co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was trying to practice nursing as if we were working in a hotel environment. I loved taking care of my patients on a daily basis.
Pros
Facility appreciates staff
Cons
Long shifts.
Operation of pharmacy
Registered Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLOctober 19, 2015
Great place to work, opportunity for growth and advancement. Most enjoyable part of my job was being part of an innovative team that added value to change. Great benefits, and location.
Pros
free lunched from drug reps
Cons
census can drop dramatically out of season
HORRIBLE place to work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMay 4, 2013
Patient care is last of their priorities, it's all about saving money. People laid off left and right, even those who have been employed here 20 years. Frequent dismissal of department directors. Management continuously cuts all department's hours and demands more out of the remaining employees, to the point of errors being made. Our dept is so short staffed that at times there is only 1 person in the entire department that is supposed to service around 250 patients. If you value your license, I advise you to look for work somewhere else. This is not a safe place to be a patient, safety and proper care really comes last. Also, since staffing & allowed hours is such an issue, they hire per diem employees and have them work full time so they can get out of giving them any paid time off or benefits. Because of this, there is a lot of employee turnover as well.
Pros
Nice people work throughout the hospital, pay
Cons
Management, safety, overwork of employees
not enough work
RN-BSN (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 1, 2016
not enough work for PRN RNS. Pay was great but lack of work made it difficult to justify staying with the company. They have a couple of PRN RNs that only work for this company so they flood them with SOCs and all jobs which leaves the PRNs with more than one job, less than adequate patients to visit. Otherwise staff was nice to work with and systems are easy to use. No OASIS!!!!
Good availability to work consistent hours and pay was good.
RN (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Good availability to work consistent hours and pay was good. Management was inconsistent due to lack of communication between staff and management. Co-workers were helpful when you had questions about patient care.
Pros
Helpful co-workers and good pay.
Cons
Poor management.
Small, safe community hospital
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLApril 11, 2016
Excellent nursing and support staff. Friendly and easy to get along with administrators as well as HR personnel. Floor managers specific per floor with little to no inter-floor communication except for the hospital nursing pm supervisor. She was glue that held the schedules together!
Family oriented area with amazing employees and wonderful patients
CCT (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 10, 2014
I love this job,as it is amazing to be a part of a family enjoying the birth of their children.On any given day you meet so many nice people,once in a while things do not go as planned and you have to face some sad situations,that is the hardest part of the job.Working with great,professional co workers is a plus.I have learned that you can learn so many things from each individual.I only wish management was more involved.There seems to be many meetings during the day and you never see them.I will say they show up if a complaint is given! Just wish they would be available to us a bit more!
Pros
Meeting new people and being involved in a wonderful moment of their life!
Cons
Don't always get lunch or breaks, seem to be a little short of help
Horrible place to work. Patient care suffers.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLOctober 1, 2012
This hospital is the WORST hospital I have ever worked in. The ER is terrible and very disorganized. The patients are not priority, most of the nurses seem like they don't care and just do enough to get by. For goodness sake most of the nurses don't even carry stethoscopes! Many of the doctors don't even touch their patients. Remind me, how do you assess people properly by not touching your patients???? Management is clueless and will make things up to fire those who have a clue and who speak up about the numerous problems that aren't getting fixed. Things are not right here. It's a scary place but if you are one of those people who like to bury your head in the sand while your co-workers are being wronged or patients are not getting the care they deserve then you'll be right at home at this poor excuse for a hospital. And the cafeteria food is NOT good l!!
Pros
there are nice people here.
Cons
poor pay, disorganized, you never know when you'll get a break
Great place, wonderful people.
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 26, 2013
Typical day at work was always making sure that everything and everybody was good and had everything they needed.

I learn how to help people and care.

Management was great all made sure i was good.

Co-workers was great nothing but fun with them.

Hardest part was seeing the stuff i saw coming through the hospital.

Enjoyable part was always helping people always felt great.
Good place to learn
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLNovember 6, 2012
Everyday you learn something new, either from patients or from the dosctors. My co-workers are the best people to work with. We enjoy team work and always help each other. The hardest part of my job is not getting the enough help to give a better customer/patient satisfaction. I always give my best on what I do and it is hard when other people do not do the same. But at the end I always try to leave a good image from the place I work for.
Cons
short breaks, lacking of a good management
A very difficult place to work when I was there
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 22, 2015
Too many areas to cover and not enough staff. I learned to CYA and stay away from the staff. The management at that time was awful and severe. The hardest part of the job was having to clock in. The most enjoyable was when I clocked out.
Pros
pay
Cons
too many to list
Wellington Regional Medical Center
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJuly 8, 2015
Acknowledge and register patients and visitors into the emergency room. Ensure visitors paperwork properly registered on the database of the computers. Manage
data input on computers. Also, assist patients within the emergency room. Provide service to patients under the direction of the nurses in the Adult Emergency Room and Pediatric Emergency Room. Enhance the quality of patient care by aiding nursing staff in rendering physical assistance to patients and extending warmth, friendliness and compassion to patients. Explain the registration and admitting process to patients and their families. Place calls to various hospital departments as directed
Assist, train, test, maintain implementations, upgrades of four different electronic documentation systems, statistical reports, charge services
Clinical Systems Administrator for Surgical Svs (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 27, 2012
I have learned a great deal from my supervisory team, and I count many of my colleagues as my nearest and dearest friends. I appreciate all the opportunities that Wellington has afforded me during my tenure. I have immensely enjoyed working for them, and my experience with this hospital has been greatly rewarding!
Pros
given unique opportunity to be a remote employee, which as worked seemlessly
Cons
it will be hard not to speak to them all every day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WELLINGTON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

WELLINGTON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location