Wellmark

Wellmark Employee Reviews

Great place to work and no stress
UAT QA Tester (Current Employee), Des moine IowaDecember 29, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere and poeple
Great place to work and no stress, It is a very family run business so very stable but you might not make allot.
Worst job I ever had. Glad it was temporary.
Security Administrator (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: insight into a culture that i wanted no part of.
Cons: to many to list
This company was implementing a role based security tool called OIM. I was surprised how the leadership of this endeavor thought this was going to solve all of their security provisioning tasks and a reduction in staff. It was implemented on top of years of a manual procedure that was based on user request, usually some administrative assistant who didn't have a clue and a rubber stamp approval from a leader who could care less just as long as the access was granted. I was stunned how much over head could be created by a bunch of ego driven managers and processes created with no knowledge of what the staff was going through to accomplish these processes. Copy and paste text from one location to another to accommodate the leaders. No problem have the contractors do it.
Culture is in trouble
Team Leader/Data Warehouse (Former Employee), Des Moines, IowaApril 15, 2014
Pros: benefits/gym/bonus
Cons: work hours/culture/leadership lacking talented individuals
Leadership fails to recognize that it has an incredibly high volume of talented individual contributors, but hasn't recognized how to turn the culture around - it's simple - trust/respect/recognition of talen.
Health Insurance Company
Membership Enrollment Specialist II (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 31, 2013
I screen and enroll members into a internal system that apply for individual health insurance coverage. I have learned how to be flexible and proriotize my time. I have also learned how to adapt to change.
Better have good experience.
RN (Former Employee), Des Moines IowaOctober 4, 2013
Nice environment and coworkers. Not able to meet their high expectations. In addition was not given adequate time to learn the job with expected end results of 98% success rate within 2 months of the job and little previous experience. If they want someone with 15 years of experience, it should be mentioned in the interview. I was very upfront about what I had experience with. Management rarely had the answers so left with the coworkers assistance who had little experience themselves.
Productive and inspiring workplace
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 18, 2013
This company respects and appreciates its employees and is unmatched in many regards
Great work environment
Security Administrator (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2012
I would manage all the file paths, sharepoint, and miscellanous tickets. I learned a lot about different types of security and how to grant it differently.
Headquarters