Wellmark Employee Reviews

easy work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 1, 2016
long hours but easy job. you'll feel bad for getting paid for doing almost nothing.

as long as you pay attention and so what you're suppose to do, everything else is just a walk in the park

management will work with you if you need special accommodations
Pros
easy job
Cons
summers are brutal
Great Experiences
Claim Financial Examiner I, II, Clm Fn Spec II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 14, 2015
I worked there for 23 years, I worked full time, part time, and also worked at home for this company. They are a great place to work, they care about there employees, they are always striving to improve the work place.

the hardest part of this job was leaving in in 2014 to move to California......
Pros
great people, benefits, and opportunities
Cons
none that i can think of....
Amazing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 18, 2015
Wellmark's atmosphere is one of a kind. The people here actually care, they help you push foward towards your goals.
Its an amazing place for family to also work with you.
Ability to move up the corporate latter quickly
Pros
Casual days
Cons
Healthcare industry
Feedback
Business systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 20, 2016
The company really values its employees and contractors. The job was challenging but interesting. Management was really good.
Small Defense contract conpany
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2015
A very small company with about 10 office employees. It was a quite office environment. The upper management would make you stop what you were in the middle of so you can mail their personal package to a family member for them.
WellMark was a great company
Sales/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2015
talking to customers on products. Getting answers for customers questions. Checking back orders and finding solutions to get customer orders filled. Had a great supervisor, every knowledgeable, very willing to help with any issues that arose.
Pros
Bonus program
Cons
New management and their unwillingness to listen and ask for suggestions.
Better have good experience.
RN (Former Employee) –  Des Moines IowaOctober 4, 2013
Nice environment and coworkers. Not able to meet their high expectations. In addition was not given adequate time to learn the job with expected end results of 98% success rate within 2 months of the job and little previous experience. If they want someone with 15 years of experience, it should be mentioned in the interview. I was very upfront about what I had experience with. Management rarely had the answers so left with the coworkers assistance who had little experience themselves.
Worst job I ever had. Glad it was temporary.
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 14, 2014
This company was implementing a role based security tool called OIM. I was surprised how the leadership of this endeavor thought this was going to solve all of their security provisioning tasks and a reduction in staff. It was implemented on top of years of a manual procedure that was based on user request, usually some administrative assistant who didn't have a clue and a rubber stamp approval from a leader who could care less just as long as the access was granted. I was stunned how much over head could be created by a bunch of ego driven managers and processes created with no knowledge of what the staff was going through to accomplish these processes. Copy and paste text from one location to another to accommodate the leaders. No problem have the contractors do it.
Pros
Insight into a culture that I wanted no part of.
Cons
To many to list
Culture is in trouble
Team Leader/Data Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IowaApril 15, 2014
Leadership fails to recognize that it has an incredibly high volume of talented individual contributors, but hasn't recognized how to turn the culture around - it's simple - trust/respect/recognition of talen.
Pros
Benefits/Gym/Bonus
Cons
Work hours/culture/leadership lacking talented individuals
Health Insurance Company
Membership Enrollment Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 31, 2013
I screen and enroll members into a internal system that apply for individual health insurance coverage. I have learned how to be flexible and proriotize my time. I have also learned how to adapt to change.

Want to know more about Wellmark?

Ask a question
Great work environment
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2012
I would manage all the file paths, sharepoint, and miscellanous tickets. I learned a lot about different types of security and how to grant it differently.
Great place to work and no stress
UAT QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Des moine IowaDecember 29, 2014
Great place to work and no stress, It is a very family run business so very stable but you might not make allot.
Pros
Great Atmosphere and poeple
Productive and inspiring workplace
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 18, 2013
This company respects and appreciates its employees and is unmatched in many regards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellmark. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9