Wellmont Medical Associates Employee Reviews

I have a great group of people with which to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJuly 3, 2017
The job was very fast paced and kept you hopping. There is not a good chance at advancement from my position, but I learned a great deal on dealing with a wide range of personalities.
You were more appreciated for what you're productivity was than for who you were as a person.
Business Office Rep. II/Professional Billing (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 2, 2017
I started as entry level, learning quite a bit and getting my foot in the door, so to say. Was being pushed to meet productivity as soon as training period was over.
Pros
There were some 'down days' when we weren't expected to meet productivity, because of a team member's birthday, etc.
Cons
Short lunch.
Great People!
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 28, 2017
I was an RN who worked at every Urgent Care location from Rogersville to Bristol. I worked with a bunch of great people! Fast paced environment but everyone supports one another. Money is the pits but that's to be expected for this area.
Pros
People, environment
Cons
Pay
Team work
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rogersville, TNApril 25, 2017
WMA is a team oriented place where we help each other. It is a family atmosphere. Enjoy going to work everyday and seeing my patients. The patients is the key to your success, without patients you have no job.
Pros
team
Cons
pay could be better
Very good starting out job
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VAApril 19, 2017
Good place to work if you are just starting out in the medical field just so you can get some experience. Great hours but not enough pay and also a lot of overtime.
What I Learned
CMA Student (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNApril 6, 2017
Wellmont Medical Associates - Midtown Medical has by far been the best hands on learning experience. The staff here is amazing. very thankful for them and the opportunities they've given me.
Wellmont Experience
Physician Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VANovember 24, 2016
The work environment is enjoyable, the management is kind and the overall experience was well enjoyed. Privileged to work for this Healthcare system.
Good working conditions with excellent staff
Physician Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VAJuly 9, 2016
Busy workflow with staff willing to delegate in order to balance the work load. Reliable management willing to accommodate unplanned personal matters.
Pros
Great Staff, Willing to accommodate personal matters, Reliable Management
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid vacation
Now Closed for X-ray
Computed Tomography Techologist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 8, 2016
I was a PRN x-ray tech. I only worked the Full-time Tech's days Vacation. It was an Office so it was only open 9-5 and closed on Weekends.
When the office moved it did not take the X-ray equipment so all radiology techs lost job.
Pros
closed on Weekends
Cons
No More Job
educational and friendly
Intern Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 29, 2016
The staff are all very helpful and supportive. I learned basic office procedures and gained real world experience as an RMA.
Pros
great support
Cons
short internship
Busy clinic with great co-workers and providers
Urgent Care FNP (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 24, 2015
Great place to work with a wide variety of clients presenting for care. Able to utilize clinical skills daily in a busy clinic. Very rewarding role.
Pros
Rewarding
Great company, friendly staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, VASeptember 24, 2015
Growing provider-based company. Environment is fast-paced and very busy but still remains patient-centered. Recommended for LPNs and MAs looking to work during daytime work hours.
I really enjoyed my job and the peers I worked with.
Physician Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 7, 2015
I really enjoyed the ob/gyn office. I got very close with my patients and worked close with them to make sure we met all of there needs.
Pros
Loved ob/gyn office
Cons
Not enough pay for experienced personnel
Happy and fun workplace
LPN Office Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 26, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this coorperation. My co workers were just like family to me. Loved the patients, (many of them had followed us from Erwin). we had Breast Care in the same building as our Family Care and I loved working with them. Urgent care was close to us and the employees there were a joy to know.
Pros
Family (like) enviroment
Cons
transfer employees
Great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wise, VADecember 7, 2013
I love working for Wellmont but I would like to work from home.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 25, 2013
A fun, fast-paced medical office environment. Had many pleasant days there. I hated to leave working there.
Productive workplace
Family Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  117 west sevier kingsport TN 37660September 17, 2012
Start at 7:20 am with 15- 20 minute time slots. Usually no lunch and works through until 5:00 pm seeing patients then another 2 hours after patient visits to complete paperwork and EMR(encounters).

I have learned many important skills such as administering joint injections.

The hardest part of my job was realizing that you can not please everyone, no matter how hard we sometimes try.

The most enjoyable part of my work was seeing my patients on a regular basis whom I have come to love and respect. I really enjoy my pediatric patients.
Pros
patients and my supervising physician
Cons
no lunch breaks.
Overall, a good place to work
Front Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gray, TNAugust 28, 2012
I loved my job, helping people is the most rewarding way to occupy my time (and I love older people). One thing I did learn is that the larger the company the easier it is to lose sight of the mission statement. You start focusing on that almight dollar and forget about the person behind. That's why I loved the small doctors office I was in, we treated each and every patient like they were family; but big brother was always watching and pushed us to keep the numbers up and keep the patient flow moving (which is very important too!) My immediate co-worker were amazing people, that became part of my extended family, someone I could count on.
Pros
reps would bring in lunches, pens, pads, and other assorted supplies
Cons
big brother always looking over your shoulder.