Wellness Corporate Solutions

Wellness Corporate Solutions Employee Reviews

Its Better Than Nothing
Screener (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: You will get inside lots of Fortune 500 companies, company minority owned.
Cons: 1099 (taxes?), U never know when u will be paid & people that act like a fingerstick event is rocket science.
As most others have stated its a fingerstick event. The work is easy most of the time. As for the staff its easy to find great ppl & its also common to find folks that just seem to "rub you the wrong way".
The worst are event leads of avg intelligence that act like theyre soo much brighter than the next person. Or screeners that spend all day every screening bragging about how there a Rn,BSN,Msn, etc nurse & thats a real drag when you see these ppl every time. I have cancelled off events just becasue I KNEW motormouths would be working it!

As far as the pay in the 2 seasons I have been working its been a problem both seasons. As the company sets paydates then fails to deliver on their own date that they set up. So I fear if company was to turn insolvent lots of ppl would be fighting in court to get paid. I work a few events then stop booking shifts if I havent been paid on time. So late paychecks & listening to folks brag about their qualifications or acting like their smarter than you are all the rage at this company.
Work virtually
Health Educator (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDApril 6, 2015
Pros: Easy money
Cons: Travel
Easy way to make money on the side
Recruiters are friendly and easy to work with
Enjoy half day presentations
Learned that nutrition tid-bits are sometimes more useful than long lectures
Great money PRN
Biometric Screener (Current Employee), Houston TXNovember 29, 2014
Take vitals and finger stick and eval overall health based on results. Good company does health fairs for large corp.
Getting Paid
Biometric Screener (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 23, 2014
Cons: getting paid in a timely manner
Getting paid is a joke! Someone is always "passin the buck" as to why we have not been paid.
SCAM TRAITS...HORRIBLE COMPANY
screener (Former Employee), Atlanta,GANovember 11, 2014
Pros: a fair amount of events
Cons: you wont get paid, terrible management and staff, osha violations, etc
This company is the worse all around. I have been asked by one of the leads to reuse capillary tubes on patients because supplies were low. Plenty of time the lancets were used and mixed in with new ones. It doesnt matter how much they offer to pay you because you will never get paid. Not only that ...they will ignore you. Then they have the nerve to call you with an attitude if u release events and stop working for them, but still wont tell u when you can expect payment. ...REALLY? Im pretty sure they get paid on time, so i would like to get paid on time as well.
Don't Contract with this Horrible Company
Screener (Former Employee), ALNovember 3, 2014
Cons: few opportunities, poor management, long wait for pay
Wellness Corporate Solutions is selling an inferior and unprofessional service to its work site wellness clients. It claims that it is unique because they use registered dietitians (RD) to provide health education to those individuals being screened, but the reality is the RD spends less than 5 minutes with each person. I had the unfortunate experience of working as a screener for this company. The obese project leader was very rude, loud, and disrespectful to the company's (client) employees and inconsiderate of her staff. Also, getting paid is a nightmare. I did not receive my paycheck (which is mailed) until 40 days after I had worked. They expect you to be punctual, professional, and to communicate with them, but they do not reciprocate.
10/9/14 - Work is fun, Pay is 40+ days after work, mileage/tolls sometimes and paid after the fact
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: enjoy meeting new people
Cons: manytimes no breaks, pay is 30-40+ days late w excuses
I enjoy doing the work, the mileage/toll factor needs to be adjusted based on where you are coming from and not SF. If you dont mind getting paid for work 45 days _+ late.. I am still waiting to be paid for work and mileage I did the end of August. By the time you get paid you forgot the details and then you need to figure out the mileage if it was supposed to be and was paid for.

Found out they are currently working on payroll for beginning of August.. are you kidding me.. I dont want excuses, you hire a payroll company to handle it or dont pay the payroll staff and program managers until pay is caught up. It is costing me money to work for them as I have to pay for gas/tolls and my time in advance and wait to get reimbursed. How long can folks hold out with this arrears situation.. I have been doing about 2-3 gigs a week since the the end of August and driving sometimes 60-70 miles 1 way... There may be a class action lawsuit that could crop up from this.. I can no longer afford to do any more events as they have cleaned out my pocketbook trying to work for them.
productive work place
Biometric Screener (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 9, 2014
Great place to work for. Easy going co-workers. I have learned many things with this company, that will let me advance.
Fun Management to work with
Lead Program Manager / Lead Screener (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: nothing.
Management at this company makes it a fun place to work. will pick them first before any other contract jobs
Decent Job
Biochemical Screener (Former Employee), Home based out of PennsylvaniaAugust 9, 2014
Pros: good pay, light physical labor. fun environment
Cons: large amount of travel, no guarantee of work.
I liked this job and used my skills that I acquired in Medical Assisting school. It was not a steady job and at times required a high degree of travel. You were not guaranteed a health screening show and there was some preferential treatment by the team leaders. I became full time employed and there were few opportunities within my scope of travel.
Helping and positive
Screener (Former Employee), Varies of locationsAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun employees, easy and safe work, great clients, clean work place, well organized.
A day working with Wellness is nice. I'm drawing blood, taking vitals, helping clients, recording information. I learned how to be uplifting, positive, full of energy, and most of all how to be multi-talented even when its small things. My co-workers are perfect, they are outgoing, nice, respectful, and they don't mind working hard like myself. The hardest part of work is not wanting to leave because you enjoy your work so much. and the enjoyable part is satisfying the clients and making them feel comfortable during the exam.
the worst ever-- they will not pay you
health educator/screener (Former Employee), mdJune 21, 2014
I have worked 2 events and have sent 8emails and made daily phone calls and they will not pay me or return the calls or emails . I am being robbed and my father has contacted his lawyer just for the point ....to handle this at this point. There are many uneducated "leads" that make this company look very stupid but there are many hardworking people that work for them . I work for many other companies and have never seen anything so rude or unorganized ever .. they will not pay you they WILL ROB YOU !!
Great Company
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: plenty job function
Cons: great job
Schedule trips answer phones 24/7 and make sure the the clients as well as company are great.
Always something new
14Lead Biometric Screener (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
I enjoyed working in different areas and having to make a difficult situation into a new one. The only downfall was I had to wait thirty days to receive payment.
Constructive
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: working with a variety of individuals and constantly meeing new people.
Cons: often breaks are missed due to a high volume of activity.
This company is well balanced and diversified. A typical day with WCS is ensuring the participant's coming into the event are properly registered and comfortable before being seen by an examiner. I have learned how to calm frustrated and angry participants as well as work around others who may have totally different views than myself. Most of my co-workers are very hard working and have the knowledge and skills to fulfill the expectations required of his or her job duties. The hardest part of my job is remaining in control and in a calm manner when dealing with several inpatient and frustrated participant's. The most enjoyable part of my day satisfying the participant and doing so genuinely.
Good bioscreener company
Biometric Screener (Current Employee), Cabin John, MDJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: independent contractor no benes
WCS is good to work for while in school or juggling around other job schedules. Co-workers are pleasent to work with, clients and paticipants are great to work with. However you only get paid 30 days from the last day of the event, so it takes forever to get paid.
Former Employee
Screener (Former Employee), WisconsinJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: people at the events were great.
Cons: very shady payroll, and flat out lied about travel and milage
Just a bad company to work for. I was in grad school and the extra money was nice but you get paid 30 days after the event which you worked. Also the checks didn't have a breakdown of taxes, it was just weird. I worked two events and decided it would be better not to have the extra money than risk not getting paid and wasting my time. The people I worked the events with were great, just not the company.
Best part of the job is meeting new people
Onsite Health Wellness Screener (Current Employee), New JerseyDecember 17, 2013
Pros: hours, change in environment often and meeting such neat people
Cons: not always organized
Because I work with other screening companies also i find that that best part of any of them is the staff and meeting new people at each company.
Fast paced working environment/ fun
Independent contractor (Current Employee), Cabin John, MDJune 14, 2013
If you like to travel for work as a biometric screener this job is for you!
Takes a long time to get paid for jobs but overall good pay and fun job.
Consultant Dietitian (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2012
Pros: professional work atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Cons: travel & waiting to long for paychecks
If the company didn't take as much as 36 days to pay you for your work it would be much better.
Expect to get up as early as 4am and travel to your work cites.
Travel expenses are only covered for over 40 miles round trip.
This is a 1099 position.

About Wellness Corporate Solutions

Wellness Corporate Solutions, LLC (WCS) is a certified, woman-owned Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) headquartered in Bethesda, – Read more

Wellness Corporate Solutions Salaries