Wellness Employee Reviews

Disorganized, dysfunctional, unfriendly, and unsanitary
Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJAugust 2, 2016
Dysfunctional employment structure leading to overbearing proportions of work for a few and next to nothing for many. A no hands on approach by management. Management was required to wear business casual attire while part-time staff (that mostly ran the place) wore Y branded gym attire. Lack of customer service and initiative on management's part. The business is struggling and going under is a very real possibility, yet there is more desire to find reason in resisting change rather than pursue any new achievements. 4 of the 6 Managers worked in a windowless office with no cameras pretending to do 8 hours of work a day while never being see throughout the building. I was one of the two Managers in the upstairs office and was once suspended without pay for three days, without warning, after the other managers realized I had been using the fitness center and promoting exercise programs during my lunch breaks rather than sitting and eating for 90 minutes a day, REMINDER: I was the Wellness Director at this Y, read the Association's creed.
Pros
Free YMCA Membership
a place that gave meaning to my life
Supervisor of the Alcohol and Drug program (Former Employee) –  1080 N. 7th street, san jose, ca 95112August 5, 2016
my job at Goodwill both with the Homeless Vet program and the Wellness Center were the highlights of my professional career in that I was able to help people improve the quality of their lives.
Pros
it was meaningful
Cons
funding depended on grants
Great Work Experience and Fun Environment
Rock Wall Staff (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 5, 2016
Working at the Wellness Center Rock Wall is a fun experience to have for individuals looking for a laid back job and ability to climb at work. Unfortunately, working at the Rock Wall pays very little and management can be frustrating. The Wellness Center pays employees minimum wage. Mind you these employees are in the process of getting a 4 year college degree which seems a bit like underemployment for an institution making big bucks. Also, management at the Wellness Center spends very very little money on maintaining the Rock Wall. The shoes are worn and torn with the occasional hole in the toe. Not a bad place to climb but perhaps not the best place to work.
Pros
Climbing during work, meeting new people.
Cons
Low pay, poor management.
Work at your leisure
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 15, 2016
A typical day at an event is performing finger sticks to run a lipid panel, basic vital signs, BMI, and paperwork. I've really enjoyed working for this company and the ability to choose when i wanted to work.
Pros
Pick your schedule
Cons
traveling
It is a great company to work for
Trainer (Current Employee) –  GymOctober 31, 2016
Great people great facility I've been working there for almost a year
And it's been fun. Great place to learn different exercises. Helps you see the therapy side of training.
Relaxed and inviting
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
great place to work, just wish there was more traffic the area is really up and coming so hopefully that'll change. Products are really good and the staff is knowledgeable
Enljoyable work environment with co-workers
Associate Professional (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 14, 2014
My job was consisted of assisting clients with their needs and appointments. Monitoring their daily actions, habits, and disabilities. Provided treatment and rehabilitation to the clients. Provided services with the adolescences that I case managed. Observing the young adults during various hours, where monitoring could be recorded. On call for clients on an daily basis. The weakness of the my job was not having benefits, and full-time hours, but the job detailed full time hours. Enjoyable part was being the first employee to received a pay increase in an quick amount of time. Knowing that my clients praises about my habits and dedication to them were the reason for my raised, made my job enjoyable.
Pros
working with people who needed assistance
Cons
no benefits.
Fun and very busy workplace.
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 15, 2016
We would have mandatory meetings every Tuesday and we would organize events for the students on campus. We would have tables with little activities in the cafeteria or hand out little goody bags with fun facts about how to reduce stress, eating habbits, etc.
Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 26, 2012
Working at Wellness.com was challenging, yet rewarding and fun. One can gain the benefits of learning more about business to business sales and online marketing. As a consultant, you will interact over the phone with marketing directors, health providers, and business owners. The hardest part about the job is maintaining consistent sales each month on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part was company get togethers and happy hours. Rewards for personal achievements were also very motivational.
Pros
happy hour, sales awards, commission checks
Cons
sales quotas, room for growth
Easy jon
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2016
This job is easy, all you have to do is sit at the desk and make sure everything is alright. The hardest part of this job is that it is boring sometimes when it is slow. what is good about this job is that you get to workout for free so its never a bad thing.
An overall nice place to work
Group Exercise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 30, 2013
Working in management here has it's challenges because you are up against so much to try and get anything accomplished. There are only a few managers who run this large club which also makes for a lot of challenges. Trying to manage 37 instructors and 120 or so classes, as well as everything else the job entails in 30 hours a week is not easy, especially when you are a one man show. I love what I do but have been frustrated here because I feel like there is so much more I could do to enhance my department. The fun part of my job is whenever I get to teach a class or lead a team in a fun event. My co-workers are great with exception to the fact that they are all frustrated as well. Mostly having such a small management team. I have learned to always do the best I can with what I have to work with. I am just a perfectionist and would like to have the opportunity to do my job at 120% instead of just getting by with the time I am allowed.
Pros
I can make my own hours with exception to 2 MOD shifts per week. I am able to work independently.
Cons
health insurance coverage gets worse every year, no reimbursement for continuing education, not supported by our parent company, little to no raises given annually, employees are never brought together for any kind of team building events
Was a great job
Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 26, 2016
Was very busy. Enjoyed learning about the Livestrong Program and the Diabetes Program. The Wellness Floor was very busy. Over 80 classes per week and over 20 fitness instructors
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Monroe Twp. NJMay 9, 2012
A typical day at work consists of helping the residents with getting on the exercise machines. Filling out charts and cleaning the machines
Pros
long breaks
Cons
salary, management
Absolutely horrible
Sunrise Senior Living, Director (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MONovember 12, 2014
As an RN responsible for overseeing resident care without 24 hour nursing is difficult in its self, let alone having to do all the billing, care plans, central supply ordering, staffing, employee education/training, budgeting, staffing, medical records, marketing & sales and human resources was unrealistic. Add in state investigation every other week and corporate compliance visits with ten different people telling you how to do the job and what needs to be fixed without offering assistance. If you dare bring awareness to any problem, management will label you a complainer and dismiss findings. Loyalty is nonexistent. If long hours and hard work are not a problem for some, the lack of support, appreciation and unrealistic expectations will be. Staff are clicky and gossip with absolutely no accountability for their actions. Good luck to who ever attempts to straighten out this mess of a retirement community. Family and resident complaints can vouch for the care given and lack of accountable this company has to offer. Profit over people any day is their motto!
Pros
Pretty environment
Cons
EVERYTHING CORPORATE MANAGEMENT IS UNINVOLVED AND DISMISSIVE.
Fun Work Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 27, 2015
A typical day included assisting customers and answering the phone. I learned how to assist customers, count inventory, work the register, and book golf tournaments. The hardest part of the job was being a female in a predominantly male environment and being taken seriously.
Pros
Free Golf
Great company to work for
ADON Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2015
Great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. Offer great training sessions. Coworkers work well together
Nice people At Dayton Job Corps Corpation ( DJCC )
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton , OHSeptember 16, 2015
Job Corps is taking steps to help protect our environment and connect students with businesses and their surrounding communities through green training. Job Corps is preparing students for the green economy through green training in the advanced manufacturing, automotive, and construction industry areas.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Nice breaks
Obtaining my diploma for Medical Assistant was rewarding
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2015
Attended Medtech for Medical Assistant from 5:00 to 10:00 pm Mon-Thur.

I learned to take samples for sugar count. Learned CPR for adults and infants, performed blood withdrawals, EKG's, coding and billing, learned and identified surgical instruments and medicine calculations based on weight and other factors.

The teachers and Director were more than helpful.

Students worked as a team. I mentored students and studied as a group. All graduated.

This was not hard, did it to to help my father in a accurate manner when needed and/or to be able to determine if a home healthcare person was completing tasks accurately.

Love going to class, now I am confident that I can help those in need.

Stayed on the honor roll the whole time
Pros
Being with my classmates
Awesome environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKApril 21, 2014
I worked here while I went to college at SWOSU (Southwestern Oklahoma State University), and it was a fantastic job for the time being. I sat and made sure that students were coming in with their student ID's. If they weren't students then I had to ask them to leave because the wellness center was for the students/faculty/staff only. Management was excellent as well. They helped me with my work if needed but let me handle some stuff on my own most of the time. This wasn't a hard job for me. It was really enjoyable almost all of the time.
Friendly and enjoyable place to work
Clerical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 23, 2013
It is a fast paced job that involves a lot of accuracy. I've learned how to set priorities in order to get the most important aspects of the job completed. My co-workers are very friendly and there is a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be understanding the changes. Management may discuss the changes with certain people but that information doesn't get passed down to the rest. The most enjoyable part of my job is completing a busy day when there were many orders that needed to get shipped.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.