Wellness

Wellness Employee Reviews

Obtaining my diploma for Medical Assistant was rewarding
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Being with my classmates
Cons: none
Attended Medtech for Medical Assistant from 5:00 to 10:00 pm Mon-Thur.

I learned to take samples for sugar count. Learned CPR for adults and infants, performed blood withdrawals, EKG's, coding and billing, learned and identified surgical instruments and medicine calculations based on weight and other factors.

The teachers and Director were more than helpful.

Students worked as a team. I mentored students and studied as a group. All graduated.

This was not hard, did it to to help my father in a accurate manner when needed and/or to be able to determine if a home healthcare person was completing tasks accurately.

Love going to class, now I am confident that I can help those in need.

Stayed on the honor roll the whole time
People Driven
Wellness/Sports Direcor (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHMarch 3, 2015
I loved my job because it involved working with others, staff members, volunteers and patrons. In addition I enjoyed the aspect of sales and closing a sale for membership or other programs.
Tarleton State Recreation Center
Control Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), StephenvilleFebruary 2, 2015
Tarleton State is a fun, laid back place to work. Management and coworkers truly care for you and become great friends. The environment is motivating and changes everyday.
Absolutely horrible
Sunrise Senior Living, Director (Former Employee), Clayton, MONovember 12, 2014
Pros: pretty environment
Cons: everything corporate management is uninvolved and dismissive.
As an RN responsible for overseeing resident care without 24 hour nursing is difficult in its self, let alone having to do all the billing, care plans, central supply ordering, staffing, employee education/training, budgeting, staffing, medical records, marketing & sales and human resources was unrealistic. Add in state investigation every other week and corporate compliance visits with ten different people telling you how to do the job and what needs to be fixed without offering assistance. If you dare bring awareness to any problem, management will label you a complainer and dismiss findings. Loyalty is nonexistent. If long hours and hard work are not a problem for some, the lack of support, appreciation and unrealistic expectations will be. Staff are clicky and gossip with absolutely no accountability for their actions. Good luck to who ever attempts to straighten out this mess of a retirement community. Family and resident complaints can vouch for the care given and lack of accountable this company has to offer. Profit over people any day is their motto!
Fun and dynamic workplace
Wellness Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 11, 2014
Great facility with a great program to promote overall wellness in the community.
productive learned to work in gov environment
Wellness Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: government regulations
I enjoyed working with the people difficult to work with government regulations sometimes
Awesome environment
Student Worker (Former Employee), Weatherford, OKApril 21, 2014
I worked here while I went to college at SWOSU (Southwestern Oklahoma State University), and it was a fantastic job for the time being. I sat and made sure that students were coming in with their student ID's. If they weren't students then I had to ask them to leave because the wellness center was for the students/faculty/staff only. Management was excellent as well. They helped me with my work if needed but let me handle some stuff on my own most of the time. This wasn't a hard job for me. It was really enjoyable almost all of the time.
Online Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Worked from home.April 16, 2014
Pros: meeting other christians. fun!
Cons: not being able to meet face to face. part-time work.
Loved it! Enjoyed putting events together for online communications with other Christians.
Great company
Esthetician, Nutritionist and Spa Owner (Current Employee), colleyville, txFebruary 25, 2014
Great pay, flexibility, and staff. The treatment provide immediate results so customer satisfaction is easy. Great tips too.
Great environment to work in.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2014
In a typical day at my job, I make sure the files are organized from the days appointments and then check to make sure the files for future appointments are pulled and ready. I also assist in making sure that the office runs smoothly. I get along extremely well with my coworkers and we work great as a team.
Enljoyable work environment with co-workers
Associate Professional (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: working with people who needed assistance
Cons: no benefits.
My job was consisted of assisting clients with their needs and appointments. Monitoring their daily actions, habits, and disabilities. Provided treatment and rehabilitation to the clients. Provided services with the adolescences that I case managed. Observing the young adults during various hours, where monitoring could be recorded. On call for clients on an daily basis. The weakness of the my job was not having benefits, and full-time hours, but the job detailed full time hours. Enjoyable part was being the first employee to received a pay increase in an quick amount of time. Knowing that my clients praises about my habits and dedication to them were the reason for my raised, made my job enjoyable.
Clinic Manager - long days
Manager (Community/Clinic) (Former Employee), Carville, LAJanuary 14, 2014
Direct supervision of a nurse managed clinic at a 200 bed facility for youth ages 16-24 with supervision of three fulltime employees; Collaboration and appointments with a physician, dentist, and Mental Health Specialist was done on a weekly basis.
This is my own enterprise that I have decided to become part time in.
Holistic Wellness Practitioner (Current Employee), 401 Tranquil AveDecember 14, 2013
Pros: meeting people of all walks of life.
Cons: doing it from my home office.
My typical day was spent receiving phone calls from potential clients, booking appointments, receiving clients, following up with clients that had come in previously and teaching health and wellness classes in the community.
I am the chief bottle wash and cook, it is all enjoyable, just not sustainable income.
Love this place!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), MedfordDecember 3, 2013
Pros: fast pace work
Cons: on call work only
Once you arrive to business I would set up my blood draw table. I learned great efficiency. Management is wonderful. Coworkers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is packing materials back up at the end of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people.
Very unprofessional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), PomonaSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Never were on time place was very unorganized. Very unprofessional never been paid like i told i would be i would not recommend anyone working here at all.
Job corp
student (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INJuly 13, 2013
Changed beds
• Took Vitals signs and assisted with patients
• Answered phones when at front desk and Restocked supplies
• Filed and organized new folders
• Supplied sack lunches and wrote out passes when needed
An overall nice place to work
Group Exercise Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILApril 30, 2013
Pros: i can make my own hours with exception to 2 mod shifts per week. i am able to work independently.
Cons: health insurance coverage gets worse every year, no reimbursement for continuing education, not supported by our parent company, little to no raises given annually, employees are never brought together for any kind of team building events
Working in management here has it's challenges because you are up against so much to try and get anything accomplished. There are only a few managers who run this large club which also makes for a lot of challenges. Trying to manage 37 instructors and 120 or so classes, as well as everything else the job entails in 30 hours a week is not easy, especially when you are a one man show. I love what I do but have been frustrated here because I feel like there is so much more I could do to enhance my department. The fun part of my job is whenever I get to teach a class or lead a team in a fun event. My co-workers are great with exception to the fact that they are all frustrated as well. Mostly having such a small management team. I have learned to always do the best I can with what I have to work with. I am just a perfectionist and would like to have the opportunity to do my job at 120% instead of just getting by with the time I am allowed.
Friendly and enjoyable place to work
Clerical Clerk (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 23, 2013
It is a fast paced job that involves a lot of accuracy. I've learned how to set priorities in order to get the most important aspects of the job completed. My co-workers are very friendly and there is a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be understanding the changes. Management may discuss the changes with certain people but that information doesn't get passed down to the rest. The most enjoyable part of my job is completing a busy day when there were many orders that needed to get shipped.
Great Company to work for. Meeting new people and providing excellent customer is a joy.
Immunization Administrator (Current Employee), Valencia, CANovember 1, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no stability
A typical day is setting up wellness or immunization clinic at various companies through out the AV. Money collection and exchange. collecting and retaining completed documentation.
I learned that even the smartest people can be clueless. and that being organized can make a smooth day.
My co-workers are great to work with, great communication.
The hardest part is no stability.
The most enjoyable part was easing someone's day with a simple smile and good customer service.
This was a volunteer position to help people in the community
Assistant for the Crisis Assistant Life Line (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 5, 2012
Pros: helping people
I went to the call center and when the phone rang, I would answer and work with a partner. The things I learned include: better listening and problem-solving skills, such as paraphrasing; I also was able to implement my knowledge in counseling. I enjoyed working with the other volunteers- I worked well with everyone there. The hardest part of the job was trying to talk with someone whom was having some very severe personal issues, but did not want to try anything I suggested. A lot of the time, it just means a lot of patience and understanding. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was hopefully helping someone, at the time, with a big issue in their life.