Wellness Employee Reviews

The job itself was gratifing
Wellness Advocate (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Project Relay as Wellness Advocate, the experience and time spent with the team was invaluable. While I had mishaps and it did not work out for me, it has nothing to do with what a great project NORS has proven to be thus far.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no room for errors
its a good company to work for
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 3, 2017
I have been working with them for over a year and love this place, and the doctors are good too, we get one free adjustment per week, the supervises and managers are good too, its very easy to get a day off as well.
Cutthroat all they care about is money
Licensed Practical Nurse / Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33407October 19, 2017
Very bad place to work on ethical high stress expect you to do things that are very unethical. Always doing major layoffs they treat the patients worse than they treat the staff if that's even possible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCOctober 11, 2017
Really relaxed work environment with lots of freedom. Management allowed for input from employees ans there was no micromanaging. Clients are great, very enjoyable place to come to work.
Pros
free lunch, job satisfaction
Cons
lack of cummincation, lower wages
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed every part of my job. The people there were friendly and believed in wellness. The Board of Directors were open-minded and were willing to try new opportunities
Fast paced enviroment while working with the elderly
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 2, 2017
The job was fast paced I had around 30 patients that I was responsible for. The main part of working was organizing schedule to get work done on time. The management does not prefer to pay for overtime.
Fun
Fitness Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Schilling Farms YMCAMay 4, 2017
The YMCA is a great place to work with a fun and energetic atmosphere where you can get to know and connect with members along with helping members hit there fitness goals.
Work at your leisure
Biometric Screener (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 15, 2016
A typical day at an event is performing finger sticks to run a lipid panel, basic vital signs, BMI, and paperwork. I've really enjoyed working for this company and the ability to choose when i wanted to work.
Pros
Pick your schedule
Cons
traveling
It is a great company to work for
Trainer (Current Employee) –  GymOctober 31, 2016
Great people great facility I've been working there for almost a year
And it's been fun. Great place to learn different exercises. Helps you see the therapy side of training.
Relaxed and inviting
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2016
great place to work, just wish there was more traffic the area is really up and coming so hopefully that'll change. Products are really good and the staff is knowledgeable
a place that gave meaning to my life
Supervisor of the Alcohol and Drug program (Former Employee) –  1080 N. 7th street, san jose, ca 95112August 5, 2016
my job at Goodwill both with the Homeless Vet program and the Wellness Center were the highlights of my professional career in that I was able to help people improve the quality of their lives.
Pros
it was meaningful
Cons
funding depended on grants
Disorganized, dysfunctional, unfriendly, and unsanitary
Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJAugust 2, 2016
Dysfunctional employment structure leading to overbearing proportions of work for a few and next to nothing for many. A no hands on approach by management. Management was required to wear business casual attire while part-time staff (that mostly ran the place) wore Y branded gym attire. Lack of customer service and initiative on management's part. The business is struggling and going under is a very real possibility, yet there is more desire to find reason in resisting change rather than pursue any new achievements. 4 of the 6 Managers worked in a windowless office with no cameras pretending to do 8 hours of work a day while never being see throughout the building. I was one of the two Managers in the upstairs office and was once suspended without pay for three days, without warning, after the other managers realized I had been using the fitness center and promoting exercise programs during my lunch breaks rather than sitting and eating for 90 minutes a day, REMINDER: I was the Wellness Director at this Y, read the Association's creed.
Pros
Free YMCA Membership
Fun and very busy workplace.
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 15, 2016
We would have mandatory meetings every Tuesday and we would organize events for the students on campus. We would have tables with little activities in the cafeteria or hand out little goody bags with fun facts about how to reduce stress, eating habbits, etc.
Easy jon
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 28, 2016
This job is easy, all you have to do is sit at the desk and make sure everything is alright. The hardest part of this job is that it is boring sometimes when it is slow. what is good about this job is that you get to workout for free so its never a bad thing.
Was a great job
Wellness Director (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 26, 2016
Was very busy. Enjoyed learning about the Livestrong Program and the Diabetes Program. The Wellness Floor was very busy. Over 80 classes per week and over 20 fitness instructors
Great Work Experience and Fun Environment
Rock Wall Staff (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 5, 2016
Working at the Wellness Center Rock Wall is a fun experience to have for individuals looking for a laid back job and ability to climb at work. Unfortunately, working at the Rock Wall pays very little and management can be frustrating. The Wellness Center pays employees minimum wage. Mind you these employees are in the process of getting a 4 year college degree which seems a bit like underemployment for an institution making big bucks. Also, management at the Wellness Center spends very very little money on maintaining the Rock Wall. The shoes are worn and torn with the occasional hole in the toe. Not a bad place to climb but perhaps not the best place to work.
Pros
Climbing during work, meeting new people.
Cons
Low pay, poor management.
Fun Work Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 27, 2015
A typical day included assisting customers and answering the phone. I learned how to assist customers, count inventory, work the register, and book golf tournaments. The hardest part of the job was being a female in a predominantly male environment and being taken seriously.
Pros
Free Golf
Nice people At Dayton Job Corps Corpation ( DJCC )
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton , OHSeptember 16, 2015
Job Corps is taking steps to help protect our environment and connect students with businesses and their surrounding communities through green training. Job Corps is preparing students for the green economy through green training in the advanced manufacturing, automotive, and construction industry areas.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Nice breaks
Great company to work for
ADON Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 9, 2015
Great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. Offer great training sessions. Coworkers work well together
Prn
Phlebotomist & BMI Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 14, 2015
I really don't have anything bad to say about WCS for it is PRN and works well with my life other than I wish it was easier to obtain shifts in my area.