WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

Good company
Sr. Patient Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Overall, it is a good company. However, I work in the call center part of it, so there's not much that I can review about the whole entire company and everything it has to offer. I can only rate the department that I work in.
Fast past RNs got whatever they wanted, changing job description to meet compainies needs
Case Specialist (Former Employee), las vegasSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: swag, free lunch and community events
did the job of 4 people very very busy never got caught up never felt like anything got accomplished. Loved my co-workers, management would throw you under the bus if they thought it would advance them, Hardest part of job has having members and doctors well at you.
An amazing company to work helping provide insurance to the masses
MEMBERSHIP SPECIALIST III (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CASeptember 16, 2014
I was a phone operator for many years using data entry skills to enroll applications then later became an underwriter who is someone who reviews them for enrollment.
I learned a lot about team work, creating a good work environment, and believing in one goal as a company for the people you service.
Management gave me an opportunity to grow as an individual – more... as well as placed me in many different scenarios to expand my skills and resume.
My co-workers were like family. We worked well together and participated in a lot of different work functions together.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the customer satisfied. The health insurance industry can be very difficult to understand so it was up to us as representatives to ensure the customer was receiving the best care possible.
The most enjoyable part was the community as a whole. We are Anthem. Our mission statement was filled with pride and honor the serve the people of our community. – less
Medicare Service Representative (Current Employee), Mason, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: low pay
WellPoint (Anthem) is an amzing company to work for with room to grow. I would like to see the company get more involved with prepping their employees to move on to bigger job opportunities. Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Worked off site
Director Field Sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: work of site
Direct and manage sales reps in 2 states, total 9

Manage travel time between both states and sales reps'

On hands management of both sales teams

Outstanding co-workers

Not able to spend more time with each sales reps'

Working with my sales team and BCBS
Was an very enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: we a nice lunch break, we had nice break in between times.
Cons: if you left the premises you had to be back at a certian time fame.
I would come in set my computer up for calls and the day would start.
I learn about the different types of insurance and the importance of having insurance.
The management was our biggest support team.
My co-workers around me were an support team also. Even though we sit closely together we was all had respect for the other co-works on calls.
Some customers – more... wouldn't give you a change to help them the would insist on getting a manager due to the person that took the call before you couldn't help them so they assumed you couldn't.
they hours i worked and the kindness of some of the customers i spoke with i enjoy talking with people. – less
Nice place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), KYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Nice place to work. Lot of opportunities to learn. Very professional environment
Fast Paced work enviroment
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Wallkill, NYAugust 30, 2014
Ok job but was overworked and too much stress related to job.
A positive, productive, and helpful team member..even as a temp..:)
Claims Processor I (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 29, 2014
Pros: putting my health insurance background to good use
Cons: none that i can think of..love my job!! in addition, the overall rating wouldn't allow me to give wellpoint five stars, as that's what i would give them. absolutely love working there!!
As I process my claims, I learn much. How to override a pend, how to look for additional information, when to send a letter, and when to ask for additional help. Others are always there to help me out.

In addition, I sometimes run across coworkers that are stuck on something, and I'm always willing to help them out. Makes me feel good to be part of – more... such a great team.

The hardest part of my job is when people pend things off and not work them. Not like I don't know the pend..but it's frustrating when others don't want to do their jobs. In the end..it's more a challenge for me than anything else and even though I work the pends they pushed off..it makes my day more worthwhile.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having to do my homework; as in researching a claim. I love to dig and this makes me feel again..like I accomplished something during the day. I would hate it if my job were easy..I like a challenge..and this is why I love what I do..process claims. Every day is different..every claim is different.

And again..I enjoy the challenge of putting my talents and claims background to good use. There's nothing I'd rather do than be in the health insurance industry and after several years of missing it..it's great to be back!! – less
nice cafeteria
Bilingual/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), indianapolis, indianaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people
Cons: some manager were not helpful
I was not happy working for this company, I would not work there again.
This is good job with great benefits
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2014
I am always on phone either speaking to members or advocationg for them.
I have learned about medical field and coding.
I learned alot about health care benefits.
Received plenty of training to prepare for position
RN 1 Nurseline (Current Employee), VAAugust 16, 2014
Which there were more room for advancement and ability to start out in permanent position.
Nice
Customer Care Associate II (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay, opportunity for advancement, co-workers, benefits.
Cons: questionable job security.
Good opportunity for advancement. Good benefits. Good people.
Productive Workplace
LPN Care Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed providing education to members in regards to member specific medical conditions to ensure safety and incorporate member in their own health.
ETL Informatica Developer
ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: etl informatica developer
Cons: etl informatica developer
WellPoint, Inc. is the largest managed health care, for-profit company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. It was formed when WellPoint Health Networks, Inc. merged into Anthem, Inc., with the surviving Anthem adopting the name, WellPoint, Inc
loved my job there
Nursing medical and utilization management (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits and great co workers
Cons: travel time to work
managers were very professional, professional work environment, co workers were great, always room for advancement
Productive and diverse Work Group
CPhT Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great work envirfonment
Cons: only short term work
Friendly Productive Environment, with Great Team Help, and Resourceful Tools to carry out job task.
Overall, good place to work
Human Resources Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2014
daytime hours
numerous subcultures within company culture
Only pro is salary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: overall quality of life
I was thrilled when offered position.I knew role would bring to bear all of my professional working experience as well as allow me to shine personally. What a shame. Management fragmented, egotistical & unqualified, disorganized, unethical & non trustworthy environment/co-workers.

Would not recommend employment at all unless you like to feel unnecessary – more... & invisible. – less
Ok Place to Work
State Lead Business Consultant (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: too much office politics
Much just has to do with your immediate supervisor. Try to get under the Anthem side or the Amerigroup.

1 2 3 4 5

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more