WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

It was a great place to work fun atmosphere
Healthcare Exchanges Escalation Rep (Former Employee), Richmond VASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: that if you didnt have system access and had to wait for another department to assist
A typical workday for me was to come in startup my computer system, check VM start a priority list of things I needed to accomplish before EOD, assist my peers with what they needed, review emails that direct manager sent for completion. The hardest part was when I was not able to get another department to be on the same timeline. The most enjoyable – more... was the happy satisfied customer on the other line when I called them back at my committed time with a satisfactory resolution. – less
Work environment was outstanding.
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits were awesome.
Cons: n/a
I worked from home for the past year and it was amazing to work on my own. I used every tool available and was unsupervised so I could work independently.
A great company
Community Relations Representative III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2014
Despite being a fortune 50 company,Wellpoint is a great place to work. It values its employees and their lives outside of work. Executive Leadership is great some of the midlevel managers not so much.
Great Opportunity
Document Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: telecommuting
I loved working here. I was able to telecommute, which worked out well raising a new puppy. I worked with SME's and LC's to create documentation. I would spend about 2-4 hours a day dealing with Meetings and emails and the rest of the time was spent writing. I really enjoyed my time contracting for them and would again should the right circumstances – more... allow it. – less
Horrible depressing stressful unfulfilling waste of time
Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Woodland Hills CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: none unless you enjoy daily torture.
Cons: not enough time to go over all of them
Too much favoritism and malicious director and supervisors. No assistance and job training and extra stress with poor compensation and extra stress for good measure with a dash of discrimination. The systems are old and outdated and the system is constantly crashing and not working properly. That doesn't stop management from blaming all that on you. – more... Run don't walk from this place. – less
Good company
Sr. Patient Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Overall, it is a good company. However, I work in the call center part of it, so there's not much that I can review about the whole entire company and everything it has to offer. I can only rate the department that I work in.
Fast past RNs got whatever they wanted, changing job description to meet compainies needs
Case Specialist (Former Employee), las vegasSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: swag, free lunch and community events
did the job of 4 people very very busy never got caught up never felt like anything got accomplished. Loved my co-workers, management would throw you under the bus if they thought it would advance them, Hardest part of job has having members and doctors well at you.
An amazing company to work helping provide insurance to the masses
MEMBERSHIP SPECIALIST III (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CASeptember 16, 2014
I was a phone operator for many years using data entry skills to enroll applications then later became an underwriter who is someone who reviews them for enrollment.
I learned a lot about team work, creating a good work environment, and believing in one goal as a company for the people you service.
Management gave me an opportunity to grow as an individual – more... as well as placed me in many different scenarios to expand my skills and resume.
My co-workers were like family. We worked well together and participated in a lot of different work functions together.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the customer satisfied. The health insurance industry can be very difficult to understand so it was up to us as representatives to ensure the customer was receiving the best care possible.
The most enjoyable part was the community as a whole. We are Anthem. Our mission statement was filled with pride and honor the serve the people of our community. – less
Medicare Service Representative (Current Employee), Mason, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits
Cons: low pay
WellPoint (Anthem) is an amzing company to work for with room to grow. I would like to see the company get more involved with prepping their employees to move on to bigger job opportunities. Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Available only upon request
Director, Learning & Development (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2014
This information will be made available, but only upon request. I worked in several offices and traveled extensively.
Worked off site
Director Field Sales (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: work of site
Direct and manage sales reps in 2 states, total 9

Manage travel time between both states and sales reps'

On hands management of both sales teams

Outstanding co-workers

Not able to spend more time with each sales reps'

Working with my sales team and BCBS
Was an very enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: we a nice lunch break, we had nice break in between times.
Cons: if you left the premises you had to be back at a certian time fame.
I would come in set my computer up for calls and the day would start.
I learn about the different types of insurance and the importance of having insurance.
The management was our biggest support team.
My co-workers around me were an support team also. Even though we sit closely together we was all had respect for the other co-works on calls.
Some customers – more... wouldn't give you a change to help them the would insist on getting a manager due to the person that took the call before you couldn't help them so they assumed you couldn't.
they hours i worked and the kindness of some of the customers i spoke with i enjoy talking with people. – less
Nice place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), KYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Nice place to work. Lot of opportunities to learn. Very professional environment
Fast Paced work enviroment
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Wallkill, NYAugust 30, 2014
Ok job but was overworked and too much stress related to job.
A positive, productive, and helpful team member..even as a temp..:)
Claims Processor I (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 29, 2014
Pros: putting my health insurance background to good use
Cons: none that i can think of..love my job!! in addition, the overall rating wouldn't allow me to give wellpoint five stars, as that's what i would give them. absolutely love working there!!
As I process my claims, I learn much. How to override a pend, how to look for additional information, when to send a letter, and when to ask for additional help. Others are always there to help me out.

In addition, I sometimes run across coworkers that are stuck on something, and I'm always willing to help them out. Makes me feel good to be part of – more... such a great team.

The hardest part of my job is when people pend things off and not work them. Not like I don't know the pend..but it's frustrating when others don't want to do their jobs. In the end..it's more a challenge for me than anything else and even though I work the pends they pushed off..it makes my day more worthwhile.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having to do my homework; as in researching a claim. I love to dig and this makes me feel again..like I accomplished something during the day. I would hate it if my job were easy..I like a challenge..and this is why I love what I do..process claims. Every day is different..every claim is different.

And again..I enjoy the challenge of putting my talents and claims background to good use. There's nothing I'd rather do than be in the health insurance industry and after several years of missing it..it's great to be back!! – less
nice cafeteria
Bilingual/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), indianapolis, indianaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people
Cons: some manager were not helpful
I was not happy working for this company, I would not work there again.
This is good job with great benefits
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2014
I am always on phone either speaking to members or advocationg for them.
I have learned about medical field and coding.
I learned alot about health care benefits.
Received plenty of training to prepare for position
RN 1 Nurseline (Current Employee), VAAugust 16, 2014
Which there were more room for advancement and ability to start out in permanent position.
Nice
Customer Care Associate II (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay, opportunity for advancement, co-workers, benefits.
Cons: questionable job security.
Good opportunity for advancement. Good benefits. Good people.
Productive Workplace
LPN Care Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed providing education to members in regards to member specific medical conditions to ensure safety and incorporate member in their own health.

1 2 3 4 5

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more