WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

Cube Life
Claims Processor III (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision
Cons: job required relocation
Quiet place. Nobody really speaks unless on lunch. Spent 90% of my time at my desk with ear buds in listening to music as I processed claims.
productive and friendly working place
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJuly 21, 2014
Starting with reading all the emails of all the request.
learned to work with different people with different personalities and especially learned the importance of the team work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have the group meeting.
Flex hours, safe environment, people friendly/pleasant
Medical Underwriter (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 15, 2014
Fast passed productivity. Team work as well as much unsupervised work. Really was a great place to work.
productive
Customer Service Rep. I (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: different vendors weekly
Cons: short breaks
hard work, on time schedule, training short not very well detailed.
starter job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Midland, GAJuly 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Great job for college students looking to gain work experience, but not for seasoned workers it's like starting from the bottom again.
Assisted members with education and resources to improve thier quality of life.
Case Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2014
Pros: work at home, self directed.
Cons: miromanged, with recent evening and weekend hours required
I am currently a telephonic nurse, encouraging members to take charge of their health. Helping them identify health goals and interventions to help them achieve their health goals.
Assessed member's/families with their needs who had catastrophic events and provided them education and resources.
Great team mates who are very willing to help you with – more... resources and ideas that they may have used with their members. – less
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 6, 2014
Its a wonderful company to work for and a very nice management team to work under.
Wellpoint
Specialty Pharmacy Medical Management Technician (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CaJuly 5, 2014
Coworkers are great to work with despite the fact that interaction is very minimal. Management is very tough on you and advancement is minimal, as well and rate of pay. Hardest part of job is that you are responsible for a lot of information and the job is not worth the rate is offered.

I learned a lot of new skills that I could add to my resume and – more... possibly help with a new job. – less
Contract agency assignment
Temporary contract (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 30, 2014
Assigned on contract through nursing agency to perform Utilization Review.
Great Place to Work
Operations Internal Audit Intern (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 27, 2014
I really love Amerigroup which was acquired by WellPoint. Everyone works hard and the atmosphere is great. It's an awesome company to work for, even as an intern. Love the dress code as well. Just the cherry on top of the perfect sunday.
learning
Bus & Sys Integration Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 26, 2014
very good company to work.learned lot of backend testing on this project and also worked as business analyst
Okay company, certain management is horrible
Anonymous (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 25, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: fragmented company, old technology, leadership at this location
The company itself is pretty decent, great benefits and decent pay. At this location certain management/leadership is impossible to deal with. One manager is a tyrant and runs the employees away but nothing is ever done despite constant HR complaints- due to spineless leadership. Customer service department isn't so bad and the managers there are better.
chaotic
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAJune 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: chaotic
Wellpoint was okay until the "merge" with Amerigroup. It became a chaotic and stressful work place.
not a very enjoyable place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2014
a normal work day is very hard and stressful and the co-workers are not very nice.
Fortune 20 company
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: work life experience
Great coworkers, cumbersome systems and managers far removed from the processes, Hardest part of job is reacing the right people in any situation. Most enjoyable part of job is serving internal customers
Good co-workers
Health Plan Advisor for APAC (Former Employee), sarasota, flJune 21, 2014
Nothing special although if you are good the phone won't stop ringing while those not good get same compensation
Good place
Medical Review Analyst I (Former Employee), Woodland HillsJune 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, always willing to share and learn.
Welpoint Inc/Unicare
Mail Server Associate II (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 20, 2014
There is lot to learn, fast past, learn it but not use it for two week later, Have your notes in good order, Management is fair, and give you chance to improve yourself, Lots of commutation with co-workers and it a must to get some project finished, I love the entering information, and management.
laid back employee friendly work culture
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 16, 2014
A typical day at Wellpoint includes assisting members with any billing and claims issues they are experiencing and finding a resolution as quickly as possible. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give every member the exact solution to their issue. Management always instructs its employees to listen attentively at what each caller is saying – more... and to treat them as if they were a member of your own family. As a customer care associate at Wellpoint, when you are able to find a solution for a member and they act as if you have just saved their lives it gives you a sense of accomplishment. – less
I enjoy the professional work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
As a customer service representative I look over medical claims for accuracy. I also process premium payments and clarify benefits on insurance plans.

I've learned how to be open with my ideas and thoughts with my team to assist with our department goals. I've also learned how to read and understand insurance benefits.

I have awesome co-workers and – more... we work well together as a team.

The hardest part of the job is our goals and/or procedures that may change on a day to day basis. We have to keep up with these updates.

The most enjoyable part of my job is all of the compliments that I receive from customers for my outstanding customer service. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more