WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

Received plenty of training to prepare for position
RN 1 Nurseline (Current Employee), VAAugust 16, 2014
Which there were more room for advancement and ability to start out in permanent position.
Nice
Customer Care Associate II (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay, opportunity for advancement, co-workers, benefits.
Cons: questionable job security.
Good opportunity for advancement. Good benefits. Good people.
Productive Workplace
LPN Care Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed providing education to members in regards to member specific medical conditions to ensure safety and incorporate member in their own health.
ETL Informatica Developer
ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: etl informatica developer
Cons: etl informatica developer
WellPoint, Inc. is the largest managed health care, for-profit company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. It was formed when WellPoint Health Networks, Inc. merged into Anthem, Inc., with the surviving Anthem adopting the name, WellPoint, Inc
loved my job there
Nursing medical and utilization management (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits and great co workers
Cons: travel time to work
managers were very professional, professional work environment, co workers were great, always room for advancement
Productive and diverse Work Group
CPhT Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great work envirfonment
Cons: only short term work
Friendly Productive Environment, with Great Team Help, and Resourceful Tools to carry out job task.
Overall, good place to work
Human Resources Benefits Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2014
daytime hours
numerous subcultures within company culture
Only pro is salary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: overall quality of life
I was thrilled when offered position.I knew role would bring to bear all of my professional working experience as well as allow me to shine personally. What a shame. Management fragmented, egotistical & unqualified, disorganized, unethical & non trustworthy environment/co-workers.

Would not recommend employment at all unless you like to feel unnecessary – more... & invisible. – less
Ok Place to Work
State Lead Business Consultant (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: too much office politics
Much just has to do with your immediate supervisor. Try to get under the Anthem side or the Amerigroup.
I enjoyed working here becouse of the people. They are all very kind.
Cash control Clerk (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 4, 2014
Most days are on the computer all day. Learning how to research on all the different systems.
I learned what it is to find peoples HCID# and process the payments thru Access and ISG.
I think management is good they pretty much teach you what you need to know and let you work.
My co-workers are Wonderful. They always are willing to help you when you – more... are confused on what you are working on. Nobody ever refused to help any one.
The hardest part of the job is that I was coming in on a new job and had to keep redoing what I had already done. This was a company wide learning process. Also the fact that it was a job I was going to be able to stay at.
The most enjoyable part was that I was able to help get the people that had enrolled to be covered by Anthem to get payments made when not all information was there. – less
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 1, 2014
Pros: family work enviroment
customer service rep for medicare part d. answering incoming calls for rx plan for old people. confused about what policies they have, and low pay. management is wonderful. Good company with great benefits
Helping people obtain their medicine
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJuly 24, 2014
Taking orders for peoples' medicine. I learned how to be empathetic to peoples' problems. Not much interaction with management. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the long hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and the people.
Cube Life
Claims Processor III (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision
Cons: job required relocation
Quiet place. Nobody really speaks unless on lunch. Spent 90% of my time at my desk with ear buds in listening to music as I processed claims.
productive and friendly working place
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), West Hills, CAJuly 21, 2014
Starting with reading all the emails of all the request.
learned to work with different people with different personalities and especially learned the importance of the team work. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have the group meeting.
Great Experience
Abstractor Nurse (Former Employee), san joseJuly 16, 2014
Interesting mentors. Amazing Co-Workers. Everyday is different and thats what makes it more interesting. You are either out in the field collecting records or connecting with the MR Personnel, PCP or Nurses. You work with your own pace. Sometime its challenging and everyday you are learning based on that experience.
Flex hours, safe environment, people friendly/pleasant
Medical Underwriter (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 15, 2014
Fast passed productivity. Team work as well as much unsupervised work. Really was a great place to work.
productive
Customer Service Rep. I (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: different vendors weekly
Cons: short breaks
hard work, on time schedule, training short not very well detailed.
starter job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Midland, GAJuly 8, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Great job for college students looking to gain work experience, but not for seasoned workers it's like starting from the bottom again.
Assisted members with education and resources to improve thier quality of life.
Case Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2014
Pros: work at home, self directed.
Cons: miromanged, with recent evening and weekend hours required
I am currently a telephonic nurse, encouraging members to take charge of their health. Helping them identify health goals and interventions to help them achieve their health goals.
Assessed member's/families with their needs who had catastrophic events and provided them education and resources.
Great team mates who are very willing to help you with – more... resources and ideas that they may have used with their members. – less
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 6, 2014
Its a wonderful company to work for and a very nice management team to work under.

1 2 3 4 5

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more