WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

Good place
Medical Review Analyst I (Former Employee), Woodland HillsJune 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, always willing to share and learn.
Welpoint Inc/Unicare
Mail Server Associate II (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 20, 2014
There is lot to learn, fast past, learn it but not use it for two week later, Have your notes in good order, Management is fair, and give you chance to improve yourself, Lots of commutation with co-workers and it a must to get some project finished, I love the entering information, and management.
laid back employee friendly work culture
Customer Service Rep I (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJune 16, 2014
A typical day at Wellpoint includes assisting members with any billing and claims issues they are experiencing and finding a resolution as quickly as possible. The hardest part of the job is not being able to give every member the exact solution to their issue. Management always instructs its employees to listen attentively at what each caller is saying – more... and to treat them as if they were a member of your own family. As a customer care associate at Wellpoint, when you are able to find a solution for a member and they act as if you have just saved their lives it gives you a sense of accomplishment. – less
I enjoy the professional work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
As a customer service representative I look over medical claims for accuracy. I also process premium payments and clarify benefits on insurance plans.

I've learned how to be open with my ideas and thoughts with my team to assist with our department goals. I've also learned how to read and understand insurance benefits.

I have awesome co-workers and – more... we work well together as a team.

The hardest part of the job is our goals and/or procedures that may change on a day to day basis. We have to keep up with these updates.

The most enjoyable part of my job is all of the compliments that I receive from customers for my outstanding customer service. – less
Great Stability
Customer Service (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 5, 2014
Pros: stability, great health insurance
Cons: no one wanted to help you suceed, you are treated as a number not a person
I was a customer service rep answering phones helping members. Management was great when I started now it is very weak.

No one wanted to help you grow and if you were not a favorite you won't get anywhere
Great place!
Customer Service Advocate I (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 4, 2014
Great place! High volume call flow, not a lot of down time, so that keeps you busy throughout most of the day. Caring and attentive management.
Large, Supported Organization
Training Specialist Consultant (Former Employee), VariousJune 3, 2014
Pros: lots of travel
Cons: constant change
I was very impressed with the training organization. There was considerable infrastructure in place. Materials were created for me. The training rooms had ample seating and equipment.

I was part of a team of instructors hired to handle the company's transition to the Affordable Care Act.
great cafeteria always giving things away and very friendly
Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), denver , coMay 29, 2014
Pros: good incintives regarding free luches great things for the holiday
Cons: short breaks, be on top of numbers
sign customers to up for a benefit that they are elgible for,co -workers where swett nice and very helpful
job is same position
Jr.Informatica Developer (Current Employee), KAMay 28, 2014
Pros: free cab
Cons: long hours
1.Health benefits companies in the United States.
2.Integrated health care plans and related services.
3.As a part of 3-member team, was involved in design, development and implementation of the module.
4.Creating Tables, indexes constraints and improved database performance.
5.Used teradata utilities in loading the data from oracle to final dwh.
6.Involved – more... in complete documentation using MS Office – less
Good company to work for
Workforce Management Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 27, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: can be hard to advance
Look for promotions before you become so good at your job that you become irreplaceable.
Claims Analyst
Claims Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2014
As a claims analyst, you review claims and determine if the healthcare provider should be paid or not. Every day you learn something new because things are always changing. Claims must be processed rapidly and correctly. The morale is moderate. The company recognizes many holidays and personal achievements that make the employees feel special. The most – more... difficult thing about being a claims analyst is working at a high rate of speed day in and day out. The best part of the job is learning how the insurance world works. – less
Great company with lots of ammenities
Data Network Specialist II (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 27, 2014
Pros: ammenities, fast paced, fair
Cons: limited growth, hard to understand job descriptions
I have worked with this company for the past 5 years. It is fast-paced. My managers and my co-workers have been great. They have been lots of fun to work with and easy to get along with. It is a job with a very high level of stress. Overtime is available on a case by case basis.

I do believe advancement opportunities are very limited. Their job descriptions – more... are hard to comprehend.

Overall, this is a great company to work for. – less
Great work place
Cost Containment Associate I (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMay 15, 2014
Typical day at work was processing medical claims, attending meetings, traveling and implementing new lines of buisness. I learned so many claim types to process, different types of programs. My co-workers were the best. Everyone was helpful. Nothing really hard about the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to a few different areas and – more... implementing new buisness – less
Great, Stable Company
Consumer Service Advocate/Google Dedicated Team (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoMay 15, 2014
Pros: growh opportunites are unlimited!
Cons: na
Promotes growth, big company but keeps a family oriented mind frame when it comes to its employees and members!
WellPoint
Consumer Service Associate I (Current Employee), Middletown, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: empowerment, education and tools to do the job
Cons: draining at times. more consideration of associates during renovations.
The particular Team I was a part of (AHG) was a hand-picked Team of customer service professionals. We were chosen because of unique gifts, skills and talents working with insurance subscribers and proactively involving ourselves during the call to effectively and completely resolve the subscriber issue.

I've learned that stretching myself will not – more... break me. That skills used often become more honed than I thought possible and that I can accomplish more with kindness, concern and knowledge than any other way. I learned to enhance my leadership skills and how to depend on Teammates for necessary support.

I worked with an excellent manager who believes in developing her Team through challenge and education. One of the best I've ever worked with.

My Teammates are the most caring, intelligent and hardworking group of professionals I've ever worked with. I was so blessed to be exposed to their talents and learned from all of them.

The hardest part of the job was allowing and respecting decisions by our subscribers that may have been contrary to their overall quality of care and support. I often wanted to do so much that the difficulty was being aware my role was one of education, support and facilitating, not decision making.

The most enjoyable part was knowing when my direct involvement contributed to the health and success of a subscriber's goals. I'm especially proud of one such instance where my actions brought a subscriber to the right facility for a unique cancer and brought about positive results. – less
Team players working together to provide the best.
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Worthington, OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: learned something new every day
Cons: never enough time to reach all members
Enjoyed working in the fast paced call center. Each call offered an opportunity to research, resolve and provide accurate information for the best outcome for members and providers.
bad job.. dont work for this company
CSR (Former Employee), newbury park,caMay 7, 2014
Cons: short breaks and lunches.always accounting for every minute.
Training is not very good, no help after. They keep changing your hours. The worst job I have ever had. The turnover is constant. always hiring.
was admin
Websphere Administrator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2014
Installed the Refresh Packs and fix packs to WebSphere ND V7.0 /8.0 environment, for WebSphere, plugins and IHS.
Involved in deploying the applications from the command line.
Performance tuning of the web application using the Introscope monitoring tool. Worked closely with the development team in resolving the memory leakage issues in the web apps.
Created – more... the Clustering Topology in WebSphere Application Server ND V7.x to achieve Work Load Management (WLM), High availability, Load Balancing and Hardware fail over.
Worked on Introscope tool for monitoring the health of the applications
Configured Web server plug-in to directing dynamic requests to application servers for load balance in clustered environment.
nstalled EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings, Web container parameters using the Admin Console and WSADMIN.
Involved in Performance tuning such as tuning the web server by specifying the parameters for the maxclient, start servers and maxspareservers. Tuning the Servlet engine and database connection pools. Tuning the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) by specifying the minimum and maximum heap size.
Used Tivoli Performance Viewer to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, and Connection Pool sizes.
Configured WebSphere resources like JVM heap settings, JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, Virtual Hosts, Global Security and SSL.
Involved with the SSL Certificates missing issues and installed certificates from the backup.
Involved in issues & Stopping/Starting/Restarting Apache HTTP Server using wsadmin account.
Involved in Stopping/Starting & Monitoring the logs for Application Server Instances.
Implemented Horizontal and Vertical Clustering, Performance tuning and trouble shooting of IBM WebSphere Application Server ND 7.0/8.0. – less
Work Environment was favorable
Referral Specialist (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks and breaks, not flexible in this regard.
Work Environment was fun and co workers were great, there was alot of changes regarding the management team, often not on one accord. The work was often overwhelming if you did not pay attention to detail and listen effectively. The People and clients however were awesome to work with had an enjoyable long 8 years.
the day to day work load is pretty typical of a call center but teh people are great.
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 29, 2014
the day to day work load is pretty typical of a call center but the people are great. the hiring bar is high which makes for a great work force. managment is effective but at times absentminded. the hardest part of the job would have to be the knowledge gaps between departments and that the departments you work with are not in office or even local making – more... communication difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that i really am helping people. – less

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more