WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

Good Pay, Distant Management
Health Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: short breaks, bad peak time work hours
Good Pay!
Great Health Benefits
Great company to great with
Health Outreach/Enrollment department is a tough entry level position to start in and conquer! It's more 90%sales and 10% Health Outreach which is why most people dislike it.
Nice place
Billing and enrollment clerk (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: great lunches, nice atmosphere
Cons: short lunches
The best part of the job was my coworkers and trainers; the only downside was the short lunch breaks. Otherwise, nice atmosphere and pretty grounds.
Okay job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: covienent
Cons: i dont feel they care for their employees, didnt show much appreciation
Its was an okay to get by with.....they need to hire a verity of cultures. They bathrooms were nasty.
Unatainable goals set by Call Center
customer service (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Very high volume of calls with multiple questions regarding insurance and premiums.
Management wanted average time to be under 3 minutes per call including transfers both warm/cold when all departments were experiencing high call volume.
I learned the only way to satisfy management was to process the payment and transfer the call to another rep.

The – more... hardest part of the job was satisfying the member and the management when goals are unreachable. – less
Great Place to work
Benefit Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Montclair, New JerseyJanuary 8, 2014
Great company to work for, Typical work day is relaxing and everyone is very friendly
Security Officer/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Patrol the building, observing monitors, greeting guest. The job was great and the workers were friendly.
High Stress
Senior Network Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2014
This environment was unique in the fact that you were always dealing with enterprise outages. It was challenging & you never knew what to expect.
Overall a great company but has some issues with upper managment out of touch with the people doing the work
Program Consultant / Strategic Alliance (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits and coworkeers
Cons: long hours, constant changes and upper management
Longer than 40 years, never a dull moment because of very complex issues and limited resources to resolve those problems. They provide great trining resources and ability to move up in posistion. But a lack of upper managment understanding the complex issues is what makes them from becoming a great company. The people who work their are great and it – more... is a good company but it needs some minro tweaks. – less
Challenging place to work.
IT Migration Project Consultant (Current Employee), S Portland, MEDecember 30, 2013
Pros: technology
Cons: compensation and benefits.
My job focuses on ensuring that all technological [software and hardware resources] needed for employee’s productivity are available and running smoothly and everyone is able work effectively and efficiently with regards to the resources they use.
Manager Exchange Customer Experience (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 26, 2013
Great place to work. In the heart of Denver with great people and fun things around.
We make a difference in people’s lives.
CSR II (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2013
As a Health Care Customer Service Representative for WellPoint (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield/Unicare) I consistently meet all company expectations for servicing turnaround time in both face to face and written interactions.
I Assist members and providers on all levels of their healhcare needs included claim research and location of primary care physicians. – more... I have learned to work with Linguistically Diverse Populations.
I provide information to clients regarding their health care plan. Often my clients are ill, dealing with the emotional stress of an ill spouse or relative, or under financial hardship. My role is much more than just one of information sharing. Through my conversations with my customers I create a connection, establish rapport, and instill confidence in the services I deliver for the company. Understanding full well that I am the face of the company, I take my responsibilities very seriously and take great pride in what I do.

Having the ability to improve the lives of people we serve and the health of our communities gives me self gratification. Health care is a growing industry and a major part of our lives. I want to be part of this industry to help serve our providers/members by quickly giving them information they need. I want to be a front line associate to help assist others which is a valuable tool and will be instrumental in ensuring current and accurate health care concerns. I want to take time to give as it is too short of a day to be selfish. I want to take time to work as it is the price of success. – less
Secure
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee), Newbury Park, CADecember 22, 2013
Pros: sometimes free lunches
Cons: great dedication
This is call center job as a secure job in Customer Service.
with good beneits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2013
Pros: free gifts
Wellpoint is a fair employer, I enjoyed my time there. They also have work at home positions that make it nice for people who wish to so that.
Committed to improving the health of the community
Field Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond VADecember 19, 2013
I learn something new every day. I have the opportunity to help people and save them money while improving their quality of health care. Opportunity for advancement and growth.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 18, 2013
Good company that is open to professional development and fosters building solid working relationships.
Fun and productive workplace.
SR. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CADecember 17, 2013
The 8 1/2 years that I worked for Blue Cross I learned a lot and I was able to move around and work in different departments. I enjoyed working with my co-workers on a daily basis.
Awesome company overall
Home Employee (Current Employee), Lynn Haven Florida 32444December 12, 2013
Very intense and changes almost on a daily basis. Great group of team members. Working hard on many complex health care systems. We accomplish the work, but not a good balance of work and home life.
Contracted Position
Admin Assistant/ Field Service Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CADecember 11, 2013
Even though my position was contracted for a few months for open enrollment. I really enjoyed being at Anthem. All employees's included managers were extermly nice and went out of their way to make you feel very welcomed. Even trying to help me look for open position within the company so that I may stay full time.
Professional, organized, well trained employees
Customer Service Representatve (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaDecember 7, 2013
Pros: knowledge obtained
Cons: temporary position
My primary responsibility entailed solving denial codes received by medical providers while trying to submit medical claims for payment.

We received additional training every two weeks reviewing current rules and regulation or learning new ones.

Management was always close at hand with a open door policy.

My co worker often displayed the meaning – more... of team work due to the fast paced always changing workload,

Keeping up with the volume of calls was the hardest part of our day.

Knowing the provider would be able to successfully submit the claim in a timely manner made the given all worth while – less
productive and fun workplace
Sr.Business System Analyst (Current Employee), North Haven, CTDecember 3, 2013
Remarkable co-workers, Very fun and i had learn a lot from there

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more