WellPoint

WellPoint Employer Reviews

Training Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaApril 22, 2014
Still a growing company, but fun to work for. Culture was second to none, and I grew with the company during my time there.
Great social mission, Engaged and professional team members
Vice President of Enterprise Individual (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 22, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, and mission to improve the health and wellbeing of our members
Cons: tough industry, and life/work balance
Enjoyed the work, the focus and impact to the members we served
exciting atmosphere
Claims Adjustor/ Correspondence Rep (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 22, 2014
The work was very valuable in content. I had assist to many resources and they encouraged furthering education.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAApril 21, 2014
I have been a customer service rep for Anthem Blue Cross for 10 years and I love it. I love to help people and there is a lot of growth and options to move up in the company
Great people and environment
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Eagan, MNApril 21, 2014
Work on work orders, revised bills and and email request regarding bills, credits and adjustments. Processesd and requested refunds
Customer Service Rep
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 20, 2014
As a Customer Care Representative I research and analyze data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
• Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims.
• Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
• Develops and maintains – more... positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
• Requires limited knowledge of company services, products, insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims – less
Unsatisfied customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: negotiation, customer education
Cons: unable to solve customer's problems
The complaints of the call center made the work difficult, and not having the ability to solve or find resolution, or at the very least manage the process until fully adjudicated, made the process frustrated.
Claims Representative III (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2014
Pros: pto, tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons: outsourcing
I loved the fact that I could work from home. It saved on gas and less distraction. I learned quite a bit about the business and could easily move up if I wanted.
Good work balance and good pay
Document Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2014
Minimal supervision and low stress environment. Most people their are contract employees and you work on projects with employees across the country
Best Career Move Ever
Manager (Current Employee), RemoteApril 11, 2014
I love working for WellPoint. This company takes great care of its employees and has the BEST culture. It is truly the best career move that I have ever made.
intense environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2014
intense environment, working with waterfall methodologies
Contractor-Direct Sales
Contractor/Direct Sales Agent-Telesales (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAApril 10, 2014
Responsible for selling Health Plans in five states. Direct Sales on the phone. It was a great experience.
Nice place to work. would like to return
assemble and indexing (Former Employee), Indpls, INApril 10, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: not so nice eople
It was a nice place to work just not all were nice. worked alot of overtime.
Large company, decent benefits, limited career progression
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
Large company, decent benefits, limited career progression
Wellpoint
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 7, 2014
Pros: encourage growth within company, offer available continuous improvement modules for self and professional advancement.
Cons: the pay really is entry level.
Wellpoint is a great place to work. I am able to work independently, but if I need assistance there are a plethora of outlets I can use to answer any questions that I have.
Overall, Wellpoint is a decent place to work.
Call Center Trainer (Contract) (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoApril 4, 2014
Pros: decent compensation
Cons: constant change
Chaotic environment with constant changes of priorities, goals, measurements with little support from management.
Financial Portfolio System
Developer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2014
This application drives to upgrade the underlying processes and systems to provide a more scalable and automated platform so that the business can expand. Primary goal of the new system will be a portfolio level analysis and report generation. The reports will address the Capital Management Plan (CMP), Risk Management (RM), Liquidity and Collateral – more... Management reporting needs. – less
Intake call center, precertification
utilization Management (Former Employee), Newbury park, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: company provides excellent benefits and above average pay.
Cons: management sucks. does not promote continued education or professional growth with the company!
Depending on your individual Manager, the Management is horrible! They do not promote continued education or personal growth within the company. After almost 15 years with the company, I was Laid Off due to Outsourcing Overseas only to find out they brought the jobs back but hired all new people!!!!! HATE ANTHEM!!!!!!

They raise the premiums and reduce – more... what is covered under the plans. Not only that they reduce the reimbursment rates for the Providers!!! So, now they are barely getting paid for their services rendered! – less
Health Education
HEALTH EDUCATOR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2014
Telephonic Health Coaching for Chronic Health Conditions
Collaborate with other health disciplines
Excellent work place with wonderful people
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches at least 2 -3 times a week
Cons: short breaks and lunches
I am an E/M Coder for CareMore Nevada right now, which is a company under WELLPOINT Inc. Unfortunately our billing department will be outsourced at the end of April 2013. I am happy working here; however, everyone in my department will be laid-off. I have learned in depth E/M Coding here at CareMore. The people I work with are very friendly and helpful. – more... I enjoy coming to work everyday because I love the people I work with and at the same time I find my job challenging and fulfilling.. – less

About WellPoint

WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company – Read more