This position will be based out of Grand Forks, ND, but will have weekly overnight travel to Western North Dakota.
The field supervisor is responsible for the erection of precast or prestress concrete buildings. This person is responsible for the layout/control for the project & is always looking ahead. They will also coordinate shipping sequence, daily schedules, equipment & manpower needed to complete the project. This person is the link-pin between Wells management, the contractor/client & the field.
- Supervise the erection process on the job site
- Help out the laborers & operators on the job site to complete tasks
- Call dispatch daily for load times & sequence
- Work to troubleshoot any problems that arise & help resolve them
- Ensure that the panels are properly aligned vertical & horizontal with survey equipment
- Read & interpret blue prints & communicate the plan to the crew
- Write weekly reports explaining progress made & problems encountered
- Visit jobsites to coordinate start date & coordinate crane & truck access
- Source necessary construction equipment & materials for the crew to complete the project
- Coordinates the shipping schedules, equipment & crew size needed for the project to be completed in a timely manner
- Determine the proper erection sequence based on the site & precast produced to work efficiently & effectively
- Coordinate the daily job duties while always looking ahead to tomorrow
- Ensure that the mobilization to the next site is done efficiently & effectively
- Work with contractors to determine start dates & finish dates
- Complete PCI field audit paperwork for the company
- Implement the bracing plan to keep the building stable while it is being erected
- Complete special projects as requested & performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be motivated & self driven to complete a task.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly & efficiently.
- Understands & accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to supervise & lead a group of employees.
- Knowledge of survey equipment (eye level & transit)
- Skills in organizing & establishing priorities
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe job site
- Ability to have control of the job site
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: PLEASE READ!
* Internal & external candidates may be considered. *
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Janelle Wunderlich.