Wells Fargo

9.4K reviews

Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Overworked and Underpaid
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great 401K, Lots of PTO
Cons: Low wages, Micro Management
Wells Fargo had great benefits but when it comes to pay they are behind the boat. Even top performers in the department only would receive a 1% yearly raise. This causes many people to leave departments after a year to seek out higher salaries.
sales driven
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Chatsworth, CAAugust 27, 2015
very goal orientated with compensation
sales driven surveys orientated customer serivce fun place young people fun place to work at also with no benefits
Nice Place to Be at
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great Experience. Good for Networking
Cons: Say not Sales Position but HUGE stress on Sales
Very good place to work. Gave a great basis of the banking environment, with one the best training programs offered by any employer. Truly wants to see you succeed in your position
Good advancement oppurtunities
Phone Banker (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Stressful work sometimes
Great company to grow at if you enjoy having a numbers and sales driven job. Always opportunities to grow within the company and expand your career.
collections
COLLECTOR I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great team work and company listens to employee needs
Cons: none
I love this job it was a personal need to help others about to lose their home by reviewing the foreclosure accounts plus negotiating and accepting payments. Also, after the customer was able to save their – more... home cross selling other bank products the customer needed.
During some of the calls the supervisor would come around to ensure no one needed assistance. The co workers worked together if needed. I learned that slowing the call and listening to the customer and the tone of my voice help me build rapport and resolve the issues. – less
Customer oriented with goals needed to be reached.
Teller (Current Employee), Augusta GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Goal Incentives
I work daily with many customers with all kinds of personalities so I am very adapting to any situation and or issue. I have goals to meet which I have never had an issue meeting any sales goal in any – more... of my careers. I get along with all coworkers and we learn a lot from each other as we work to learn new things daily. The hardest part of my job is when small things effect our work ethics or environment, our customers should always leave happy and when that can't be done i feel like the day wasn't as successful as it should have been.
The easiest part is when I meet my daily goals and do everything possible to make sure every customer I have leaves with a smile. – less
Great Place to Work
Securities Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2015
Great job work/ life balance. The benefits and compensation are good. Management is not the best but the job culture is fun and upbeat.
Fun and Fast
Bank Teller (Former Employee), kenai akAugust 27, 2015
Great place of employment, works with its employees while giving them room to grow. great benefits for full and part time. lots of support from management. great coworkers
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!
Personal Banker (Current Employee), TampaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
I hate this place so much I can't put it into words. You're forced to jam banking products down peoples throats even when the product isn't right for them. Constant cold calling, visiting business to sell accounts while they attempted to conduct their own business, and more awfulness. Run...run from this job. The money is a joke for all the stress they put on you to sell.
Great staff, supportive resources
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Olympia, WAAugust 27, 2015
Wells Fargo offers a lot of resources to the loan officer to assist with their marketing and business planning. The opportunity to sit a bank branch can generate a lot of referrals as well.
Fun place to work and good team members
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Being able to wear casual clothing.
Cons: Time management with expediate intake and output on calls
Comfortable work environment, good company. Typical work day would be assisting internal customers with external customers account via telephone. Learned Excel and Outlook, and MS Word. Very positive environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet Average Handle Time on each call ( handle each call under 5 minutes). I enjoyed working with people. Management support.
Productive and busy team-engaged environment
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Woodinville, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: open until 6 on saturdays
Every day I help customers with transactions and provide excellent customer service, have a weekly sales goal and coach other tellers in customer engagement and sales techniques.I am in charge of inventory – more... and postal upkeep. Over the past 2 I have learned how to be a leader and how to handle thousands of dollars in US and foreign currency. I have used my skills to be in the top 3 tells in my district for the past 3 quarters. I work well and have a strong relationship with all of my coworkers including managment. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the new people i meet on a daily basis. – less
Very Stressful to work at Wells Fargo
Teller (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALAugust 26, 2015
I have been working at Wells Fargo for 5 months now and I hate my job. They are very pushy on selling products and are no longer focused on the customers. All they are focused on is making sales by opening accts for people. And if you don't meet what you're supposed to meet then you get fired. I hate the greedy work enviornment.
Not the best
Personal Banker/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Team
Cons: Everything else
The sales structure is horrible. I understand it was a sales job however when people go to a bank they want a couple of things first, security and customer service. But instead we were to sell and sell and sell even if customers did not need a product we were to push it on to them to hit our numbers. If we did not then there would be a meeting and then a write up.
Daily task
Collector 3A (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Working from homes
Cons: Pay and room for advancement
Currently I assist homeowners with mortgage inquiries and assistance, facilitate team meetings and surveys, pull reports, assist other team members, de-escalate calls, collect paymetns
Great Management
Data Entry Clerk II (Current Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management who will motivate you to get better at what you are doing and, try to encourage you to learn new stuff for better position(s).
Enjoyable position.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Clovis, NMAugust 26, 2015
I learned a lot in the short time frame I was there. Great company goals, and incentives. Learned I could achieve goals with the proper encouragement.
n/a
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 26, 2015
supportive managers and team leads
great benefits and volunteer opportunities
strong concentration of giving excellent customer service
One of the Best Positions I Ever Had!
Phone Banker (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNAugust 26, 2015
I loved working for this company! It was everything I could ask for in regards to work environment, job position, customer interaction, etc. The hardest part about working there was attendance, and integrity. – more... You have be careful in regards to attendance because if you have children with health conditions certain circumstances are null in void to the policy. And in regards to integrity, sometimes people are not on the same page when it comes to what to do and when to do it (communication between the branches and the phone banks).

All in all it is a great place to start your career, grow, and learn. – less
Fun workplace with a lot of one on one coaching
Regional Program Manager/Vice President (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great bonuses
Cons: too much politics
The employees make the company a nice place to work at. Excessive amount of politics. Best part of my job was to meet team members on a daily basis and help them grow in their roles as well as help clients meet their financial needs.
Headquarters