Wells Fargo Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,002 reviews matching the search
Benefits Are Excellent
Loan Verification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2016
Wells Fargo is a great employer, but the department you work in might cast a negative shadow on your overall impression. There are excellent medical benefits, generous PTO, maternity leave, FMLA etc. Compensation is not on par with it's banking peers. You must negotiate your salary well when you accept the job offer as raises are minimal and merit increases are rare (at least for my department). My position required constant travel so the work/life balance was often unbalanced, but I obtained air miles, hotel points etc. I would definitely work at this company again.
Pros
Medical benefits, PTO, flexible schedules
Cons
Below market salaries, Minimal raises
The benefits are amazing! Job itself, not really.
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 24, 2016
Typical day at work:
-Answering numerous phone calls a day and helping customers with their problems with their online banking accounts.
-Customers tend to have an attitude when it comes to their accounts, so some of them will either curse you out to get their way.
-You HAVE to refer to your customers. Each and every one of them. NO EXCUSES. If you don't see something in their "bag," you have to think outside of the box to refer to your customer that you're assisting.
-Some of management are full of themselves and don't really help you.
Pros
amazing benefits, incentives, recognition, work-life balance
Cons
irritable customers, work environment
Productive, fast paced and supportive work environment
Phone Banker I (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2016
On a day to day basis, you're constantly learning new ways to overcome obstacles with customers. The banker coaches are always supportive and ready to help, mainly focusing on helping you grow as a financial educator. You also have access to your own resource tools to better educate yourself on any banking issues you might come across. It's very fast paced, but due to the great training you feel completely comfortable and ready. Overall it was a great experience working with Wells Fargo.
Pros
Buddy bankers, Helpful knowledge activities, Consistent support, Great Benefits.
Great job if your good at sales
Phone Banker I (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 8, 2016
Don't be fooled; you would think that being on the phone means customer service. On more than one occasion I've heard a conversation like this go down:
Employee: I make my customers happy and give good service.
Supervisor: I don't care about that. I care about referrals.

Its all about selling stuff here. If you don't sell enough stuff then your gone, simple as that. its a sales job and sales are more important than anything else, regardless of what they tell you.

best pto benefits ive ever had.

great trainers.
Challenging
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 10, 2016
Assisting service managers and other tellers to supervise teller line and run daily store operations and handle various customer service matters. Sustaining professional environment and helped maintain high level of customer satisfaction. Handling a variety of administration matters.

-Processing customers’ transactions with accuracy and reached quarterly service goals
-Offering financial products to customers and met quarterly sales goals
-Referring customers to bankers, financial advisors, and business specialists for product sales
-Balancing cash vault, recording logs, and running end-of-day reports
Wells Fargo pays well and has great benefits!
Premier Service, Consumer Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 13, 2016
Depending on what job you have with the company your days can be fast paced or slow and steady. Their training programs to get you ready for your position are very in depth. The management every on is different. Co-workers are your friends! The hardest part of the job can be to live up to all of the expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you learn so much and are challenged everyday.
Pros
Top Pay, PTO, and Benefits
Cons
Some positions have a lot of micro managing, due to the history of certain employees not putting in all of their effort.
Boiler room sales pressure.
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  south jerseyJuly 21, 2016
Not enough coverage. Customers wait too long. Management plays favoritism. Knowledge is something they don't know or only share with the employees that they want to keep. Unrealistic sales goals, beating up the same customers, every visit for products they don't need. Micromanaging and hovering, combined with constant unemployment threats are causing many employees to get ill. Not a good place, but after 15 years...I can't lose my insurance or paid time off. I'm stuck, but if you're young, get out now, before it's too late. Take the college money and RUN, as soon as you're allowed.
Cons
Short staffed. Humans are only numbers. Stress beyond belief.
Administative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2016
I really loved working for Wells Fargo,
The job I had kept me busy and that was great!
I was a front desk receptionist/Admin-Assistant in the Charlotte area until I got married in April and moved to Florida.
I really enjoy helping people whether it was finding a last minuet conference room or greeting and taking guest where they need to be.
One of my many duties consist of making sure that the floor ran properly. I needed to be very observant to report anything that was out of the ordinary...faulty equipment, lights or even strange people.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it.
Pros
very diverse company, decent vacation plan
Cons
have to use vacation( PTO) when sick. Miss having sick days.
Good training/ great co workers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work was hectic, but most customers where great and understanding. The store manager was nice, the assistant manager played favorites, not very helpful, super pushy. co workers where great though some tried to dump the work on others while they sat around. The hardest part of the job was trying to advance, however management played favorites and if they did not like you, you would not even get a recommendation. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing customer service.
Pros
free lunch, co workers, friendly customers
Cons
short lunch break, assistant managers
Good company
Banker Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2016
Wells Fargo is a good place to work if your willing to sell products. You also have to have a passion for business or finance.The culture was very good for the most part, I was able to build relationships on a perfessional level. What i valued most was Wells Fargo offers a tution remburshment program. 401K and health care once your hired. While most place you would have to work 3-6month before having that ability.
Pros
Overtime was offered alot.
Cons
Turn over rate was to high, pay was not fair i was training people that made more money than i did which had no experience.
Wells Fargo
Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMJuly 8, 2016
Great company to work for I managed the teller line and really enjoyed working with the public and the team. I learned so much over time with all the different training opportunities. The hardest part of my job was retaining team members once they were trained to sale the bank products. I spent a lot of time behind them helping them gain confidence in the presentation to the customer. The most enjoyable part was helping customer succeed financially by being there to answer their questions and help them with their banking needs.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Retaining team members
Productive and Motivating
Phone Banker (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work was mainly just focusing all the attention to our customers.
The time being there at wells fargo I did learn to be patient sometimes, I just wanted to get straight to the point and just help them.
My co-workers were very motivating and such a good vibe I loved being there they were also very friendly and welcoming of whoever joined our team.
The hardest part of the job was being on the phone with back to back calls and for long period of time.
The most enjoyable part of my job was having such a enthusiastic team and supervisor.
there were no activties to stay phycial active, but several time a year we did have get togethers for year round holiday
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2016
a typical day at work, early in the morning is to complete is to compete yesterday work that came in after I left work. Enjoy co-works help or me helping them. The hardest part of the job is to learn new way of doing new job, and the most enjoyable is when you learn it. And say to yourself that was simple.
Pros
enjoy the staying busy
Cons
enjoy the people
Good place to work but many improvements are needed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 30, 2016
The management definitely needs work. One supervisor was clearly an issue but no one was able to do anything about it. There wasn't much room for advancement but overall its a nice place to work. I worked as a temp for almost 18 months (the full term of my contract) but a month prior to my contract ending they ended my contract without any type of notice. After I had left work that day I was told I could not return and could not contact them for any reason but I was not fired. For that reason I probably won't apply for a job with Wells Fargo in the future.
Pros
Fun events
Cons
A lot of mandatory overtime
Great morale and work flexibility!
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2016
I am an OCSR1 and enjoy it overall. Has a decent starting pay as well. Although I am technically an Online Customer Service Representative it is also sales focused. Of course when you're dealing with irate customers it can be challenging sometimes. I honestly believe our perspective each day shapes the reality of our environment. I've found that days that I go in with a positive attitude it ends up being a great day compared to showing up with an irritable attitude. They also try to keep the morale going making sure everyone is engaged. Give it a shot! Maintain a positive attitude and you'll be fine.
Pros
can be fun
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX 76092July 6, 2016
Starting my day I would check customer emails and respond accordingly while setting up my phone system to get in queue to receiving calls. I learned that listening thoroughly, is the most important part of customer service. It made my job much more easy going and friendly, being everyone loves to be heard. The hardest part of the job, was denial of funds. It was always hard to hear the customer express the needs of funds reversal. I loved my coworkers. Being on a team was so much fun there. They were always around to give a helping hand.
Pros
awesome work enviroment
Cons
VERY stressful job
I love Wells Fargo Bank
Executive Resolution Team Lead (LO) III (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 12, 2016
I was ecstatic to be given the opportunity to work for this amazing company. I love everything about it, and do recommend positions with the company whenever asked. The benefits are amazing, the culture is outstanding. I hoped to retire here, but due to a completely valid business decision, I am seeking employment at this time. Nonetheless, I continue to respect and love the company.
Pros
401K, stock purchase plan, bonuses, medical, dental, etc.
Cons
Monthly feedback can be scarce when an employee is doing well.
great benefits and diverse place to work
Home Preservation Specialist I - All Investor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2016
Fast paced environment taking inbound calls and making out bound calls to assist in helping borrowers modify their mortgage loans. learned the mortgage process , and what underwriters require in order for good loans to be submitted for review. hardest part of the job is relaying a denial to the customers who do not qualify for assistance , the most enjoyable and rewarding part is being able to help a person stay in their home.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not being able to help people
• Administered, Configured, & Maintained Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010 as a part of Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Change Control res
TFS Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2016
• Administered TFS 2010 Build Server with a Build Controller & Build Agents under it.
• Created Build Definitions for different Environments (DEV, TEST, STAGE).
• The Build Definitions were created for the automated Deployments for different regions which included .NET/C# ( Windows Services, Work Flows, Web Services)
• Troubleshoot & debugged different Build Issue for the Team.
• Customized Build Process Template XAML file (Workflows) to make the Build output binaries to deploy into different severs by Stopping & Starting Services, Recycle App Pool & Start & Stop Websites.
Negative environment that only cares about sales
Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 21, 2016
I had a difficult time working for Wells Fargo. The management was unorganized, negative, and pushy. My coworkers were constantly pushing me to sign up for products when I began working there. They will sell your soul to make a sale. That is the only thing this company cares about. They want every single customer to sign up for something, and if you don't force it on them, they will get mad at you until you do it. Favoritism was apparent in the workplace, and intimidation was their favorite way to "coach." The only positive about this company is the vacation time, but it's not worth it. Do not work for this company, unless you want to wake up miserable every single day of your life.