Wells Fargo
8,329 reviews

Wells Fargo United States Employee Reviews

What I learned on the job
Phone Banker II (Former Employee), Shoreview, MNApril 26, 2015
In this position I enjoyed the fast pace enviroment, and being able to assist customers with there banking needs. I was able to learn about banking, and how to manage an account which allowed me to be able to get customers the best service possible.
Make, Save, Protect
Personal Banker (Current Employee), united statesApril 25, 2015
Pros: help people
Cons: pay sucks
I start my day with following through on promises made the day before. I have 30,60,90 day calls that I have to make to follow up with past customers. Then I help any customers that need to set up new accounts, loans, or want to invest money. I plan the day out to hit all my sales goals while keeping honest to myself and customer.
Sales Bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Gadsden, AlabamaApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no lunch
Not your typical bank, be prepared to sell as if you were in a more traditional sales job. Quarterly quota and the bonus is low. The call night concept is not best in todays society; noone wants to hear from their bank to get a credit card at 5:30 in the evening. Retail mentality of keeping the floor covered.
alot of positive people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2015
Its a nice place to work, it very relax environment to work in. a cool and relax code. their are plenty of team players. understand management
Good People, Learning environment, ever changing processes in the industry
Loan Doc Specialist (LO) (Closing Specialist) (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 24, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers, Facility, Loved the job
Cons: Stressful
A typical day at work would have me working on multiple projects from the time the loan arrived in fulfillment to the closing disbursement. Reviewing information in system for accuracy, clearing title and underwriting conditions, contacting Loan Officers, Processors and Title Associates, scheduling and sending closing packages and funds to table, review of final signed documents for funding. Wells Fargo was committed to continuing education and staying ahead of the changes in the industry. The hardest part of the job was the stress level and workload at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we were helping customers obtain their homes.
Values Are In The Right Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 24, 2015
Schedules Are Flexible If You Have An Accommodating Manager. Accommodations Are Made Based On Performance Or Relationship With Manager. Dont Ever Work Nights.
Stable and Good Management
LOAN SERVICING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits and Good Hours, Great People to work with.
Cons: Compensation is a little low.
Great Training and Management. Its also a very stable career but the compensation is lacking although the benefits are very good. I would recommend working there.
productive, fun but stressfull
Personal Banker/Financial Adviser (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: stable
Cons: No brakes and no time for lunch
WFB changed after they bought Wachovia, the company philosophy drop down. 10 years a go use to be excellent company to work and growth. Their sales goals is excessive too high and the demands of sales is horrible. There are wonderful people to work, most of them but there are small minority that are bad as a team members. Is hard to get in this days family leave absent and lately family matters are not important anymore.
A Little Behind on Technology/
Finance/Accounting (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: You may spend your breaks in your cublcle if you want, decent benefits overall, No sick leave but 4 weeks PTO
Cons: Free bad coffee and access to powdered cream and packaged sugar from 7am - 5pm
Although understandable, company has trouble keeping up with not only current, but technology from as long as a decade ago. Can hamper productivity and very frustrating. They used Windows XP until 2012. Company intranet slower than DSL speed. At times, procedures and policy improvements are discouraged unless initiated by at least a VP level. Employees very dependable and knowledgeable but only a select few receive promos or awards. Major dependence on long term employees, most extremely set in their ways, some with close to 40 years, to carry the load. People refuse to retire not just due to "job security", but mainly because they've allowed WF to push them around, and work with a "punch in/punch out" mentality. A "squeaky wheel" hears about it.
Busy and fun
Personal Banker (Former Employee), VancouverApril 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, 401K
Cons: Limited OT if that is what you are looking for.
Retail Banking at it's best. Very easy to sell products and with little knowledge of them, they are easy to sell. While the process needed to go through might be lengthy and cumbersome, it is a great path to follow.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a very good company.
Home Loan Processor IV (Former Employee), Spring, TXApril 23, 2015
All personnel at every location I worked, was very personable and helpful. I enjoy working with people and communicating with customers to their satisfaction..
Typical day at Wells!
Collector/Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2015
Pros: Communiter service events, free lunch at times, relaxed envirnment
Cons: Short breaks
Wells Fargo is a great company to work for. There is always room for growth and the benefits are amazing! Wells Fargo is a company that I am able to improve my professional skills and reach my career goals.

I feel valued as a team member and there is always recognition for what I do well. Although there may be times when things get a bit stressful, I've always had a best friend or a mentor that I could speak with, and management always exercise the open door policy.

Through the years that I've been with Wells Fargo I've learned how to handle stressful situations, the proper etiquette of customer service, how to build rapport with customers and how to receive negative feedback and make improvements, just to name a few. The skills that I’ve attained over the years include, but are not limited to, negotiation skills, listening skills, and some computer skills.

The hardest part of the job may be assisting the customer with little direction to go on.

The most enjoyable part of being a Wells Fargo Team member is being able to communicate and work with Wells Fargo customers! I hear many stories and compliments from our customers on a daily basis. Attending the community service events is also enjoyable. So far I’ve participated in the Jr Achievement program, Toys for Tots, and Habitat for Humanity, to name a few.
Missing my job
Home Loan Processor (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYApril 23, 2015
Pros: helping people, ability to get bonuses
Cons: 3rd party problems, people not sharing same work ethic
Most rewarding part was getting families into their new homes. Frustration was a daily emotion when dealing with all the 3rd parties when trying to get the loans funded.
Low Pay
Personal Banker 2 and Brokerage Associate (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2015
For the amount of work you do the pay is not on par for those in the banker position. Do not believe that leaders are matched up with what they are telling other to do.
Great Bank
TELLER (Former Employee), Greenville, scApril 23, 2015
Pros: Many bonus opportunities
Cons: Have to sell products and services
It is a great bank to bank with and work for. If you know how to sell products, you will do fine. Most everyone that is employed with the bank is friendly. Management staff is great to work with.
Fun, professional job for young people.
Lead Teller (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 22, 2015
Great while I was young. Good experience as first professional job. opportunity for growth. Meet long lasting friendships and gained experience.
High rate of Turnover
Phone Banker (Former Employee), El Monte, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Set Schedule, subject to change every 6 months
Cons: Stressful, low-morale
If you don't mind having a superior yelling in your ear while assisting customers on the phone, this job is for you. Typical day would include helping customer on the phone with account issues. The hardest part about the job was trying to find products to sell to customers that had little to no money in their accounts. The best part of the job was leaving at the end of the day
A very good environment to work in. Good People.
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 22, 2015
I was a loan servicing specialist in the Home Equity department. I loved my job and the people I worked with. I worked closely with attorneys, title companies and customers. I worked to clear discrepancies in title searches. I released liens on mortgages and titles as well as UCC's. We were a close nit team. Management was always eager to communicate with their employees and to get to know them on an individual basis.
There was room to grow, learn and advancement
Closing Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
The position allowed me to grow and learn and advance. The atmosphere was always professional yet friendly. We all worked together cooperatively helping each other out when needed.
GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND FUN
Phone Banker 2 (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
WELL FARGO IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH, ESPECIALLY ABOUT CARING TO SUCCEED WITH IN THE COMPANY. BENEFITS WAS ALSO A PLUS. AND WELL TRAINED ON ALL POSITIONS YOU APPLIED FOR.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more

Wells Fargo Salaries