Wells Fargo
6,667 reviews

Wells Fargo Employer Reviews

Heavy in sales
Teller/Foreign Currency Teller (Current Employee), La Crosse, WISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: job is easy to learn due to repetitive nature
Cons: short staffed at current branch, over scheduled, lack of management knowledge
Typical Teller transactions and daily bank activities were very enjoyable. The company is very heavy into sales and making numbers, to the point where it became very stressful. Enjoyed meeting and maintaining regular customers, and genuinely finding solutions for customer needs.
Great company to work for, great environment
Teller (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2014
Loved my job, am rehireable and am trying to go back, wouldn't mind
review summary
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: no late shifts
Cons: no overtime
Great coworkers
upper management that supports you
fast paced
never bored, always busy
Internet access and watching the new baby ducks
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hours and the long drive
In most respects it is a good company to work. We were asked for feed bacl on what could be improved to make both the job and the work place better. After you proved your work ethic, you then had the ability to move your schedule around a bit or get coworkers to trade for needed times off. Really great in doing that. Most of the time I was able to speak – more... to management about a concern or a question that needed more clarification. Sometimes the hardest part of the job, was having to work on a Saturday when I had the ballet or if there was a special function I waned to participate in and the hours made it difficult to do.The benefits were very good and had several selections to choose. I learned better listening skills and practiced more patience. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some really knowledgableand gracious people – less
Fun place to work with advancement possible!
Customer Service both face (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Would work there again if I were in the area. A great team based company with driven employees and an understanding of the work/ life balance. Loved it!
High volumes of work
Print Technician (Current Employee), San FranciscoSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good benfits
Cons: inequality of pay if your a minority positvie feedback and skills ignored
I been doing this job for over 3 years at a higher level than my peers but I get a lower title and pay than my white co workers that constantly ask me how to perform their job.

Very poor mangment and out of touch with diversity

Based out of Charlotte N.C

Show favoritism to whites weather their capable of performing their job or not.

And need to – more... undersatnd that NOT only white people deserve top pay. – less
Friendlys
Teller (Former Employee), Henrico, VASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Friendlys was nice working for them but the managers were all very unprofessional , the pay was bad and the team was not a team . as a teen this hours was okay it was onlu a after school job
good place to work
Home Preservation Specialist (Current Employee), ohioSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: promoted from within.
Cons: locations are limited in certain areas
Great company, strong business leader. Fast Pace, Learned a lot from this company.
Sales Sales Sales
Personal Banker (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: sales
Lots of great experience in all banking transactions from personal to business and investing. High pressure sales environment.
ok to work
Teller (Former Employee), League City, TXSeptember 27, 2014
You have to sell in order to keep your job. Had great co workers but if your not a sales person then this is not the job for you.
Painful
Personal Banker, Business Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: set hours
Cons: management focused on the wrong things
Upper management at Wells Fargo appears to be more concerned with number of accounts opened rather than number of happy customers. This was a regular difficulty for both tellers and bankers, and the reason for the extremely high turnover among employees.
Decent health & 401k benefits
Teller/Customer Service Rep./ Lead Teller (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: co-workers, experience
Cons: sales goals, high pressure environment
A typical day at Wells Fargo tends to revolve about demands of sales goals and great customer service. My co-workers were my favorite part of the job. I learned plenty about banking operations as well as management tools and networking relationships. The hardest part was to maintain a low stress level.
great experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: hours were great
Cons: had to work holidays
I enjoyed assisting customers via phone helping them with there banking needs. My co-Workers and Management staff were very helpful and friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pleasure I got in helping the customers.
Micromanagement
Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 26, 2014
Wells Fargo as a company is good, but my experience in the corporate office in Raleigh was one of a lot of micromanagement and gossip.

My position responsibilities changed at least three times during my time there which I also found was irresponsible.
o Operations Clerk 2 (Former Employee), Eagan, MNSeptember 26, 2014
It's a good place to work at, but not good of management. I worked as a temp. Did a lot of training. I was mainly in charge of shipping.
teller
Teller (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
took deposits
made withdraws
I enjoy working with my co-workers
Enjoy assisting the customers
No work/life balance for exempt employees along with unethical sales practices
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day as a manager with Wells Fargo is filled with stress. Companies should focus on helping improve the internal customer experience, instead, Wells Fargo heaps upon managers so many miscellaneous tracking exercises and conference calls that you don't get to really manage the sales process. Rather than coach and show coach to success, senior – more... management in exercise punitive measures on any given day a branch doesn't meet a daily sales goal. For example, if the branch doesn't trick enough customers into taking unnecessary products and services, bankers must stay to make extra phone calls as punishment. Managers are held hostage on conference calls late in the evening in order to explain why a particular goal wasn't reached. On these calls, managers are talked to in a condescending manner on an open conference call.

The benefits are below industry standard. Exempt employees and managers in most banks get 4 weeks vacation from day 1. The thought process is that because exempt employees spend more time on the job being salaried, they need more time for balance. With Wells, your time off is based on time with the company. Therefore, a manager will get about 13 days just like a new teller would. What's horrible is there is no separate bank of sick days. So if one get's sick, they have to use these few vacation days to get paid while off.

Those who resort to unethical sales practices just to meet and exceed sales goals often get rewarded while management overlooks their evil. Those who are honest get the short end of the stick.

So many people have been fired because they were trying to keep their jobs, please their managers, and get the numbers at any cost. Typically the manager will escape punishment while the banker gets fired.

This is the worst environment ever. – less
Fast paced environment with great benefits.
Loan Doc Specialist III (Current Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: job stability
Wells Fargo is a great company to work for. My position revolved around virtual reviewing. We review loans to make sure all of the data is correct before sending it to the next process. I've learned a lot about loans while being employed for this company. Wells Fargo has a friendly staff environment and everyone is always willing to help each other. – more... We are a team here. – less
awesome work enviroment
Operations Processor II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Day was as if you were not at work, very easy work load and awesome managers at times.
Productive fast pace enviorment
Team Lead (Current Employee), San antonio TexasSeptember 25, 2014
Cons: schedules
Have been lucky to be working a great and diverse company. In the time with Wells Fargo I have been great opportunities to grow within the company. I have been promoted 3 times in the last 2 years.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. – Read more