Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 14,428 reviews matching the search
One of my better projects!
Process Consultant, ITAM (Former Employee) –  Remote OfficeJanuary 9, 2017
I worked for two different teams as a fully remote Process Consultant. I only left because of a regulatory limit of 18 months for contractors, and am presently trying to get hired as a full time employee.

The colleagues were all professional, there was both deep trust and effective accountability, and I would work for them again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Remote work and effective accountability
Cons
18 month federal regulatory limit on contract employment
Home Loan Specialist
Home Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 19, 2016
If you work hard the incentive can be great. BUT the upper management won't even care about you. This company is all for profit maximization and employees happiness is not even on the list. They use carrot and stick method to manage their employees. If you are performing they'll leave you alone and if you are not, then you are going to be on the black list. This means you will be laid off in March.

Overall not a great company to work for and not a great culture either . It is just good enough to pay the bills.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Too many to list
Typical day was taking incoming calls from customers
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2017
working along coworkers was a plus. Everyone was there to help each other with any questions related to a call, people really were nice to work with.
I did learn a lot about Home Mortgage Loans, and could help out any questions a customer had.

The hard part about the job was when you got calls about foreclosure that someone was facing.
Pros
Nice working along with team members
Cons
The high sales goals that was expected
Productive work environment
Home Preservation Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 12, 2017
A typical work day at Wells Fargo is all about routine. If you have a routine you always have an idea of how your day will end.
At Wells Fargo learning is a every day thing, in a changing environment there's always more to learn.
Management likes to stay engaged and always inspiring employees to get involved. My co-workers are easy going and flowing with positive energy. The hardest part of the job is communicating decisions that aren't in the favor of the borrower. The most enjoyable part of working in this position is saving homes from going into foreclosure.
Pros
Great benefits, Salary
Cons
Maintenance, and working Martin Luther King day
Fast paced work environment with room for advancement
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 27, 2016
Wells Fargo is constantly changing and evolving their brand for growth and for their customers. It is a fast paced environment that places emphasis on customer service and growing the business. Wells Fargo provides the tools to ensure you are prepared for your job position and you understand what expectations are. Overall Wells Fargo is a good company to work for, providing full benefits even for part time employees.
Good people, great work/life balance, but very process oriented
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Leadership is strong, culture is great (people are earnest and sociable, family oriented, work-life balance is great) but things move very slowly as decisions and change do not come easily.

If you don't mind a status quo sort of work place headquartered in San Francisco, this is probable the place for you. If you are a mover/shaker, you may want to look elsewhere.
Pros
good work/life balance; most coworkers have kids
Cons
Things move really slowly; low transparency, not data driven
Awesome workplace
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNDecember 20, 2016
Real great management here at Wells Fargo. I've been with the mortgage business for 8 plus years and its been nothing but a smooth process. The environment and the co workers are awesome! I've learned a lot about the whole process of how mortgage works.

A typical day would be very independent. You set goals and you get to meet them with your team.

The hardest park of the job would be nothing. They train you fairly well here to make sure you are able to problem solve through everything.

The most enjoyable part about the job is the environment and activities we do here. Also, helping out our customers with anything needed a long the mortgage side of business.
No Go For Advancement
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 4, 2017
This job is simple. It's well structured, and if you're okay with doing the exact same thing every day, its perfect.

However, Wells Fargo doesn't deliver on its promise to "promote from within". To the higher managers, you're just another cog in the machine. There are small recognition parties that feel forced, as no one is told they're doing well at any other time.

If you don't luck out with a wonderful supervisor like I had, I can't imagine how hard it would be to stay more than a few weeks.
Pros
Good bonus chances
Cons
No room for growth, horrible upper management
the call center is not a health place at Wells Fargo no care for the Employee
Phone Banker III (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNDecember 27, 2016
I loved working at Wells Fargo but ther was no advancement for a person of my age no matter how hard I worked or how loyal I was to the company but did not like there uncaring for the Employee well being. the company was vary driven on making a sale to open account no matter what the cast was to the consumers. was not a morally company. was hard to work for them with that kind of ethics.
Pros
like the hours
Cons
no morally/ paid
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 16, 2017
I was placed there on a 18 month contract to manage an office of about 100 people. My managers were great, I enjoyed working with the culturally diverse staff in my group. I would have like to be hired on full time.
My typical day was a lot of space management, on-boarding, moving phone extensions and meeting planning. I learned about functioning in a large office with managers off site. My co-workers were great!
Pros
Great Pay, Nice environment
Cons
Wasn't hired on permanent

Want to know more about Wells Fargo?

Ask a question
What I hope gets better
Premiere Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 7, 2017
I loved working at WF, I started as a phone banker 1 and once I hit my 6 month mark was promoted to a Premiere Phone Banker and also a riser star member , In wells fargo that's a very quick timing to get promoted considering you have to be in any position for 6 months before you can even promote. I loved WF the only thing I would change is it being so product and sales oriented. Its a pretty nice job and especially since I was a phone banker it was high stress but if you have thick skin and have a very "get the job done" mindset, it should be no problem to be successful at WF.
Pros
Always opportunities to advance.
Cons
Sales concentrated for the most part
Employee friendly environment
MS Access Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 17, 2016
Was hired on as a contractor to fulfill programming of in-house ms access databases. All internal databases are evolving and attached to large DB back ends. Much SQL programming involved. Serious delay times were experienced so I used multiple techniques to improve throughput of embedded queries.
Co-workers are friendly and management is responsive to your needs to get job done.
Alas, they went through an internal reorganization and many contractors jobs were lost in an attempt to keep Wells Fargo employees employed in jobs they might not be suited for.
diverse and friendly work atmosphere
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2017
Greet and communicate with every customer, process multiple transactions while trying to find products and services that could benefit. Weekly one on ones with management, always setting new goals, informing me on my performance scores. The hardest part would be always having to be on the lookout for fraud, and the best part would be getting to see regular customers and get to know them while I work, and when they come in to see specifically "their teller''
Pros
bank hours, diverse
Cons
no paid lunch, no OT
Wells Fargo is a very good company
Collection & Bankruptcy/Foreclosure Department Mgr (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2016
my typical day was very interesting and fast pace.
I've learn that everything is about the customer. A great customer experience is very rewarding.
management was engaged with great development activities
My peers were great with the ability to help each other.
Most difficult thing about my job was ensuring each team member received their development time.
Helping someone develop watch them grow and receive promotions and advance their careers.
Pros
Allowing a platform for me to do what I do best
Cons
Wells Fargo is a good company
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 6, 2017
Wells Fargo is good American company. Work environment is good.
Benefits are good too. Like all major American companies Wells Fargo is also after shipping American jobs overseas. Our companies CEO do not understand that keeping jobs inside the country is good for everybody ( for people and companies). For example if China was going to supersede US in fifty years our companies have made it possible in less than twenty years. Do we really think if China will produce high tech items they will still our stuff? This tendency has harmed us financially & technically.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no cons.
fun place to work
Phone Banker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of me taking around 60 to 100 calls a day. During this time I would help all customers with their account issues and also ensure they are getting the best services with the company. If for some reason they were not getting the maximum services I would find what they were missing and offer them to the customer. I would excel in customer satisfaction and ensure great services to them as well
Pros
Great pay, wonderful workplace environment
Cons
stress level and a sales job
productive and fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
At Wells Fargo I got the opportunity learn about the banking industry. Provide excellent customer service to clients and satisfy their needs. It is a great company to work for and the people who work for that company grow really quick and are very professional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work as a team and meet your sales goals. At wells Fargo you always have all the support you need to achieve your goals.
Pros
full benefits
Cons
work Saturdays
Great Work Environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Wells Fargo is hands down a great place to work at. The people work well together and if you get good managers your experience will be beyond amazing. The only downside would be the fear of losing your job especially as a teller, personally I worked for the company for 4 years and loved it and wanted to grow with Wells for as long as I could but was short and unfortunately let go, It's hard when you put so much time and effort into the job. Overall though amazing experience.
Pros
great people
Cons
fear of losing job handling money
Competive goal based work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29204January 6, 2017
Initially I was excited to work for such a big company and was happy to be hired. However after only a little bit of time it was apparent that I would remain in my hired position forever if I didn't leave. The requirement to makes sales was challenging and poor performance could result in an employees termination. This also with difficult customer service experiences on a daily basis made work life unhappy to say the least.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Constant and near unattainable required goals, work environment.
fast paced
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Payette, IDDecember 21, 2016
On a typical day I learned quit fast that you need a backbone and a very stiff one at that if you are going to work at a bank. People love love their money and if anything is out of sorts it is automatically your fault because you are the person they can see and talk to first hand. Handling customers and their money was a great experience. I did not like my co workers however. they did nothing but complain about the customers and their behaviors. I had a very dishonest manager.
And when it came to family the bank was suppose to come first.
Pros
loved the customers
Cons
co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.