Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 13,917 reviews matching the search
Too many hours with no chance of advancement
Operations Clerk/ Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 18, 2016
I work in the cash vault and when I say work, I mean I live there. First shift is working 45 hrs or more a week while 2nd shift gets to go home early. No communication between management and employees. Each Manager has a different definition of team work. Work directors yell at you in front of other team members about private matters instead of pulling you aside and being professional.
Annual raise is a joke. You're lucky if you get 10 cents. That's after working there for 5 years.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
short lunchs, poor management, work/life balance
Great experience with a major bank
Technical Project Manager/Fulfillment Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2016
It is not often that management is listed first, however, my managers were some of the best I ever had in my career. Exceptionally knowledgeable and able to assist as well as the the project lead.

What I found to be the hardest part of the job, where the job was 100% virtual was when I started where all communications were texts, emails, or voice mails. Once acclimated though, it became very easy. Great support from cross company teams.

Typically assigned between 8 - 12 projects, there was always something to do.

Equipment and support was up to date and typically a phone call away if issues arose.

I enjoyed the time I worked with this business.
jgufu;nkl
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNNovember 21, 2016
performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services
Opportunity for advancement and personal growth
Processing /Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 1, 2016
My positions at Wells Fargo was very rewarding, I had the opportunity to expand my knowledge within the brokerage industry and mortgage. The most enjoyable part of my day was to help someone else accomplish their life goals; such as a new home or growing financially through investing. The hardest part of my job is provide disappointing information to my client such a the appraisal coming in low; or a closing date has to be pushed out for one reason or another.
Pros
personal growth; co workers; management
Home Preservation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 15, 2016
I know the press has had bad things to say about Wells Fargo, but I loved working there. Production goals were hard, but not impossible to meet. I had great opportunities for special projects, recognition, and never worried about reporting something that I saw was not working, or another employee who had done something unethical, i was typically in a call center environment, and the focus was on doing the right thing for the customer. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Plenty of recognition, Kudos when they were due, onsite cafeterias, friendly coworkers
It's a decent company to work for
Processor III (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 4, 2016
Come in a set time, do the same process over and over and over.
I learned a little bit about the back end of mortgage process.
Management was decent
Co workers were nice but everyone was doing their work so didn't communicate much.
Hardest part is doing the same thing over and over can be repetitive.
Most enjoyable part is probably the meetings and events at work. good time to connect with everyone and see where everyone is at.
Pros
pays the bill
Cons
repetitive and not much room for growth when hitting a certain promotion
Withdrawal with no ID
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503November 21, 2016
There a lot of typical day at my previous job in Wellsfargo. But the one that I find is difficult for most of the customer is when they forgot their ID at home. I have customer forgotten their ID and want to withdrawal money out,which the customer and I have to go through a little longer process. Sometime customer angry about the time but I was manage to help her by asking her question and getting her information to match our. She was satisfaction and write me a thank you note to my manager. I want to share my skill with every customer and be one of their best friend. That why I want to become a Medical Receptionist.
Team collaboration, multitask, hard worker
Completed Team Member Development Program (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 11, 2016
I am a hard worker, who place goals in every aspect of my life while balancing a full time job, attending College and raising my children. I multi-task while priotorizing the importants of every day project whether it be personal or work.
At this present time I work in the Legal Department at Wells Fargo which is a challenging job, but I manage by setting goals, prioritizing my work and make sure all work is completed by the end for day.
The best part of my job is keeping busy which make the day go by fast.
Pros
learn something different each day
Cons
work long hours
Productive workplace with a good community but strict management
Collector (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 17, 2016
Most days as a collector consisted of the 12--9 grind on the phones, calls coming in on average 1 per 1-2 minutes. I learned a lot about managing company software and phone calls simultaneously to address customer concerns and collect on over due accounts. My co-workers were the highlight of the job, the actual community itself was pleasant to work in. The hardest part of the job was probably the monotony of the call structure and sheer volume of calls handled, it definitely required a shift in approach and even lifestyle for me to adapt to such a quick paced environment.
Fast Pacing, interactive workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 4, 2016
Wells fargo is a company that teaches employees the required customer skills in any job today as well as empowering and encouraging self achievement. It is a strong step in anyones career path for it shows one strives under pressure. With flexible schedules, and fair pay it can help anyone transition between work and school.
Pros
1hour lunch, pto, bonus pay
Cons
Reaching incentives from sales stressful, company has history of lawsuit for violation of ethics.
An exceptional company to work for
Executive Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2016
I have no complaints about my time at Wells Fargo. I was promoted when I should have been and opportunity was always there. The work needed was always explained and what was expected of me was attainable. I learned a business attitude and got along with all my managers. The hardest thing to deal with was HR as some times people would not get jobs they were qualified for. I really enjoyed the management team and style.
break rooms
Financial Crimes Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2016
:Work day was at fast paste:

:As a daily rule training pop ups appear:

:How to make the customer feel that their dispute will be handled with quality care:

:Management was always on hand for personal and training materials and one on ones to help their teams have excellence in their performance:

As a hole we worked and relied on team efforts. hardest part of the job was delayed system service which goes with the industry

When the company that you work for shows their appreciation to their workers through incentives, promotions and most of all the end of the work day.
Pros
contest and prizes, free lunches, and overtime
Cons
short breaks
Polite Company
Collection Representative / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 4, 2016
A typical day at Wells was inbound and outbound calls to provide important positive customer relations on our customers home mortgages. Assist customer in a positive and productive way to meet the needs of customer and Wells Fargo positive growth. I learned to be a complete paperless company. Management was awesome. from my lead to my supervisor and manager, very positive and friendly. Intern this made us co-workers enjoy our job, even if it was hard sometimes when the person on the phone treated you indifferent. I enjoyed my hours and helping people understand the positive of moving forward on their mortgage options.
Pros
Hours
Cons
recent layoffs
Interactive Computer Job, Financial Work
Loan Servicing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2016
The job required to obtain a memo and W9 tax form for making payments on mortgages, condos, townhouses, etc. I used Microsoft Excel and an internal system to create a worksheet showing payments. We, as processors, were basically the back-end of the whole line of the mortgage process. I worked there for fourteen months as a temp to hire, then they closed the whole building down and laid off about two-thousand people.
Pros
Free Lunches, Breaks
Cons
Never was hired, Poor Management
Amazing Place
Personal Banker / Teller (Former Employee) –  Schulenburg, TXNovember 2, 2016
When I started as a teller, the management was amazing, they treated you like family, drove you to succeed, and encouraged you to be your best. After a little while, they moved on and a new manager moved in, the attitude changed drastically. And it was well known that our positions were not secure, it became more a matter of making "numbers" and less about taking care of people, being reminded that "HR" has already been spoken to and confirmed that we could be removed for not making "numbers" was a definite drawback.
Pros
Get to meet mazing people and help them daily
Cons
Management makes it clear they want one thing from you "numbers" and dont care about customers
Productive workplace with nice advisors
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 31, 2016
During my employment with Wells Fargo, I experienced a fun and enjoyable work space along with excelling in the 10-key pad. My fellow employees were very nice and we all worked well together efficiently. Our advisers were kind and understanding even when we were hit with heavy loads of work. I very much enjoyed the group of people I worked with, everyone got along well.
Pros
cake every month to celebrate birthdays & the occasional potlucks
Cons
didn't get hired on before being put on bed rest, status at the time was temp
great company to work for
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCDecember 1, 2016
on a typical day at wells fargo as a teller you will see about 80% of the influx of customers.
what i have learned is to assist customers in a friendky and timely manner as well as doing a high volume of transactions.
hardest part of the job is dealing with fraudulent activities or upset customers. management can be great but that all depends on who you have and their work ethic and attitude.
Cons
Racist Enviornment, Bias Manager, stressful work place
Productive and Stressful Place to Work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAOctober 26, 2016
It was all about the numbers, even though they coach and advise you that it's all about the customer. Certain locations had repeat customers who've been banking there for 15yrs+ and as a new face you would obligated to find something to sell to them, even if they had everything with Wells Fargo already. It was like a subtle but pushy type of work. A friendly but shady type of work.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Stress, Hard to reach incentives, Certain Co-Workers
Productive and fun place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 26, 2016
Overall the employees that I worked with were phenomenal. I enjoyed leading them when our supervisor was out and leaning on one another for support. A typical day at work was to service customers and potential customer to the best of my abilities and with integrity. I learned a lot about finances and how credit works. The management I worked with had their own issues but I typically ignored those issues and still gave an 100% effort daily. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet customers face to face as I worked in a call center. The most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers.
Pros
Freedom of choice
Work Experience
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2016
A typical day at work involves team projects, processing and verifying.
Throughout my career I've learned the importance of being accountable, aware of commitments and communicating appropriately.My commitment to personal and professional excellence, team leadership, technical guidance, and keen ability to relate to all levels of customer service is a number one priority.
Management team is supportive and encourage teamwork and engaging in department deliverables.
The hardest part of the job is to sustain organizational deliverables while there is a continuous change in management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of individual contributions and engaging with coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wells Fargo. Our community is ready to answer.