Wells Fargo Employee Reviews

Found 13,429 reviews matching the search
Wells Fargo - Branch Teller
Branch Teller (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 4, 2016
Wells Fargo is a fast paced environment with plenty of room to grow. One thing I've learned is that the greater public lack financial awareness. Management style is based on how we receive customer surveys, if surveys are good manager are not overbearing. If you receive anything less than perfect you will be subject to coaching and micro managing. The co-workers I had to pleasure to work with have had great attitudes and were team players. The hardest part of the job was to trying to cross sell efficiently while building a relationship as well as completing complex transaction under a very short time frame. What I enjoyed most was the life long connections I made during the 5+ years that i've been there.
Pros
off on most major holidays, job security, 401k options
Cons
Change in sales compensation, salary, extremely high sales goals
Wells Fargo is a great company to work for.
Mortgage Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2016
I love working at Wells Fargo. I have been with the private mortgage banking team for the last 7 years. During my employment here, I have learned about helping families reach their dream of home ownership. My typical day is very busy. I work with borrowers, realtors, appraisers, underwriters and attorneys to get the loans closed. I enjoy the fast paced environment, as it makes the day go by quicker. Our management team is great. They are very helpful in dealing with issues that may arise. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes there isn't enough time in the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is letting borrowers know that their files have been cleared for closing.
Pros
As a Wells Fargo employee, we get lots of discounts on hotels, flowers, gym membership, etc.
Cons
Sometimes it seems as if there is a lot of red tape to get through when things need to be escalated.
You can build great relationships
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 30, 2016
Long days, usually 10 hour shifts for full time. PTO is great, usually 150 hours a year to use. Pay isn't bad, but pay raises generally only happen at promotions otherwise they're like $0.10 a year. Sales is #1 priority. Sell, Sell, and Sell some more. They're lowered goals over the years, but it is still all about how much you get from a customer. Bonuses aren't great unless you're a manager. Great environment to build relationships with customer and team members. Team members become like family which creates a great environment if everyone is selling. You get an hour lunch, and can take breaks as often as necessary. Advancement is easy if you can sell. Many can get promoted within a few months.
Pros
Easy Advancement, Hour Lunches, Build Relationships
Cons
Strict Selling Environment, Lazy Managers, No Life Outside Work
Great place to work, upbeat and rewarding
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work is processing customers requests such as opening and closing checkings, savings, and credit accounts, while providing them with exceptional customer service.
You also learn a lot in reguards to helping people succeed financially
Management like most places needs to improve, just depends on who is managing
co workers are great, just need to keep everything professional
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help everyone that comes just your way, due to regulations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that you get to interact with so many faces and truthfully learn a lot from different people.
Pros
rewarding, compensation, alot of growth
great pay, but you are just a number
Underwriter/ Portfolio Manager/ Loan officer (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKMarch 28, 2016
WF really is at the top of the pay scale when it comes down to it, but there is little to be desired by the way they treat their employees. Both times I was employed here I felt like a number and not a human. Big business just churning and burning through customers even though they preach about trying to serve the customer as best they can- this is very far from the truth. Management seems more concerned with spreadsheets than the employees.
Pros
great pay/ benefits
Cons
micromanagers/ no room for advancement/ lots of turnover
Fast Paced, sales oriented enviornment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 3, 2016
Wells Fargo has offered some great benefits and incentives for being an employee. In order to receive those benefits it is necessary to meet their high sales expectations. On a daily, monthly and quarterly basis sales are to be met and the rate of competitiveness amongst Tellers and bankers amongst bankers is high. Overall great work environment as long as you're meeting sales honestly and doing what is best for the customer.
Pros
Face-to-face personal experience, Incentives/ bonuses
Cons
Time for advancement/
It's Banking
Collateral Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 29, 2016
Life with Wells is all about your management. First and foremost it's a banking job. It is what it is whether you're in retail, corporate or anywhere in between. During my time I experienced both quality and unbelievably pathetic leadership. Most of it boils down to ego and who can make the most money. There is an insane pressure on all ends for your business to make money (yes this is and should be a fact of life but at the cost of actively working to cut different business group's throats is counter productive.) often regardless of customer needs.
I can go on but the short of it is, get ready to have an almost stereotypical west coast feel good blown up your butt while every bit of cut throat corporate America is waiting in the background. Trust no one.
Pros
The benefits aren't bad at all.
Cons
You go to work everyday knowing you can trust no one.
Customer Service and Sales Rep "Personal Banker" (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2016
My day starts by following up with customers, thanking them for being a part of our family, and helping customers walking in or appointments set for that day. I learned how to become financially successful and use my knowledge and product knowledge to help my customers become financially successful as well. Management is great everyone is understanding and very professional. My co workers are like family helping each other out everyday, working as a team in any situation. The hardest part of my job is using time efficiently so work doesn't pile up, and doing everything I need to take care of so the next day flows smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is opening new accounts and explaining and teaching them how Wells Fargo is such a great bank and how using the knowledge I share with them helps them throughout there entire life.
Pros
Management and team members, helping customers
Cons
Salary could be way better
Attempts to provider employees with things to take their mind off of the pressure of the job, television, video games, etc.
Consumer Banker (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 10, 2016
On the phone the entire shift dealing with customer banking issues. Management prefers to put a time limit on each call, which in turn ends up making the customer feel like they are not valued. I constantly took too much time with customers, I did not want them to leave until they confirmed their issue had been resolved. Even though I ranked poor in my limiting the time spent with each customer, I was constantly being rewarded because those customers would request to speak to a supervisor and would praise me for the time I took to help resolve their issue(s).
Pros
Good pay for the work performed
Cons
Customer Service was really not the top priority.
fun working place
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2016
At Wells Fargo, each person is valued for individual skills and talents, has the opportunity to fulfill personal ambitions, and contributes to the success of the company. That’s why Wells Fargo provides all eligible regular and part-time team members with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and emotional health and to help them make the most of their financial future. When you’re at your best, so is Wells Fargo. Team members may also participate in a stock purchase plan and receive discounts on financial products, home mortgages, and more.

Wells Fargo gives so many benefits. for example, Health plans, 401k plan, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, etc
Pros
Friendly coworker
Cons
there is nothing
Wonderful culture, great coaching, great customer service
Lead Teller/Teller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 24, 2016
Work load can be high but goals are obtainable and management is one of a kind-in a good way. Employees value the customers and customers hold employees in high esteem,most sharing personal matters.
Pros
postive work environment, personable and effective leadership, one on one coaching that helps reach goals
Cons
affordable healthcare when adding dependents, not enough raises if exceeding goals, customer surveys doesnt always portray customer service
Good for out of high school
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hall County, GAFebruary 3, 2016
SOME managers were fair at best, others were great and showed excellent leadership. This is just the kind of job you want when you get out of high school. Good pay for that age. Management is trained that no matter how much good you do, if they are going to praise you they HAVE to add in what you could have done better as well. So you're usually better off just going unnoticed. Too much sales pressure, even pushing you to shove accounts down elderly peoples throats who don't need the account at all. They just care about numbers.
Pros
Generous vacation and holiday time. Excellent insurance.
Cons
Unfair scheduling, bonuses were a joke, you only tried to meet goals to keep your job, too much criticism. Never anything positive.
Team Enviornment focusing heavily on sales and customer service
Licensed Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAMarch 11, 2016
Massive company to work for. However, with all the goals assigned to us the positions were extremely underpaid. Management didn't care much to show signs of recognition unless we repeatedly asked for it when deserved. Offers great benefits such as tuition reimbursement, financial licenses sponsorship, 401k plan with matching compensation, events, etc.
Pros
Great potential of substantial growth, with a 6% match on 401K plan
Cons
Focused excessively on sales and lack of recognition and appreciation from management to employees
Decent pay,More involved than you think!!
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2016
Pay for our current area is decent.If you think you go in run a cash drawer and wait on customers NOT the job for you.This job is much more than that you have massive sales goals, cash drawer to balance, policy and procedures to know (inside out) customer surveys which affect you cost of living raise,plus a four minute time limit you need to complete all of this.
With all this being said I have moved up to management with a lot of sweat and tears. Most of your success depends on the area you work,small town same customers daily very hard to meet sales quota Would I do it again?NO in fact I'm currently seeking a job else where.
Part I like? My co workers and the bond you build.
Pros
Pay, co workers
Cons
sales you have to be pushy with customers!
Not Good
Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 3, 2016
My direct manager resigned 2 months into my employment. My AU was left without an assigned manager for the next 8 months. It was interesting to say the least. I discovered how to procure business and rectify my own problems, but it was a very strange dynamic. Since there are no bank branches for Wells Fargo in Missouri, you are forced to poach the existing portfolio base and try to refinance as many loans as possible. This was supposedly frowned upon, but in turn encouraged due to high attrition rates of mlo's and the giant servicing portfolio that wells fargo owns...
Pros
Benefits and leads
Cons
Management and Direction.
Team outings
Loan Servicing Specialist 4 (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 16, 2016
My typical day at Wells Fargo, we processed Modifications for Customers. We are on the back end as to where when they have been approved for a Modifications and after they have made there 3 trial period payments that are required of them.

we worked from a pipe line. we are expected to do 20 to 30 loans a month depending on the work flow, so it could be more. we have to keep our pipeline managed, we work the oldest to the newest. we also take loans from a spread sheet to work daily.

I loved working for Wells Fargo, the people there and the friends that you make are all willing to help and we help one another on a daily.
Pros
cafteria, exercise room for a low cost
Cons
health ins. 401K personal time off
Excellent Position & Opportunity, until the Economic Crash in 2008-10
VP - Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 7, 2016
Excellent Position. Unfortunately, with the onset of the Financial Crash of 2008-10+, My position was eliminated due to the lack of projected activity in the Western US Markets as a result of the Credit Pull back in the market areas I served. Additional Info on request.
Pros
Excellent Compensation & Benefits package, Great Management Team.
Cons
Highly specialized market and market territory, which proved to be severely susceptible and negatively impacted by the Economic Crash of 2008-2010+.
Great if you're lucky enough to be a full-time employee
Recruiter - Consumer Lending Group (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 23, 2016
Excellent management team and colleagues. Everyone is helpful, however, I have been employed as a contractor (temporary) and there are very few openings in HR. Many contractors' terms run out (18 months) and they cycle out and WF brings in a new batch. Would be nice to be able to believe you might actually get hired on full-time, but so much competition.

WF pays better than most with excellent benefits.

Not too many positions you can qualify for unless you have mortgage industry or other very specific experience or you are coming in at a very high level.

Focus is on attracting/hiring young talent. Great place to begin a career if you are entry level and can keep pace with metrics. If you are good, you stand a good chance at building a very successful career.

If you want to try something new but need a higher salary, there aren't many opportunities.

It would be nice for WF to recognize more transferable skills rather than focusing on getting someone they already know working in the department.
Pros
Great culture, management, and coworkers.
Cons
Always bringing on contractors; very few people actually hired.
Diverse and fast paced work place with lots of room for growth
Collector/Job Coach (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 4, 2016
A typical day at wells Fargo is diverse but repetitive- typically customers all have the same problem but seeing as every customer is different- the solutions are as well.
While working for WF I learned a lot about credit and how it is effected- you also learn a number of other non job related skills
Management is present and approachable- always happy to help you learn and grow.
The coworkers are as diverse as the customers- you really will see all walks of life working for this company.
The hardest part of the job was educating customers on a level that they understand - you have to take all the bank jargen and boil it down to 'plain text' if you will without changing the meaning, I worked credit card collections and explaining the various products on a level that every consumer can understand can sometimes be challenging but in the end - rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of the job- was helping customers- I suffered from credit card debt myself and had to figure things out the hard way- and helping others avoid what I had to experience was very rewarding.
Pros
Great learning enviorment, competitive compensation, diverse environment
Cons
continuous, rapid change- often times without notice
Management tried to keep morale everyday.
Mortgage Collection Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2016
I would get to work at least 15 minutes early to prepare for my shift. I would call customers that had past due mortgage payments and help them get current. If they could not pay the past due amount I would get them on a payment plan. I would ensure that every call was productive. I learned to navigate about 6 different systems,while using two computer monitors. On every call I would have to type and talk, I notated every account with pertinant notes. I could always count on my manager for support and assistance from co-workers. I always left work with a sense of peace. I helped out as many people I could with several solutions to help prevent foreclosure on their homes.
Pros
Great benefits. Good pay. Great bonus.
Cons
I would have preferred an hour lunch.